General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 03-13-2012, 10:31 PM   #181  

Hello, ladies!

I had my grandson yesterday and today. He was actually eager to leave, since they go directly to soccer. He loves soccer...just started. I think he will probably be good at it, since he is very coordinated and has been since he was tiny. We did get some art in. He was very sweet and agreeable and did a great job. I was pleased that he did better on my assessment than I thought he would.

Eating has been not so great. We watched Curious George yesterday and he was making juice in a juicer. I have one and we pulled it out and then went to the store to get some fruits and veggies to juice. We had a lot of fun varying the amounts of different items to make the juice taste good. He had fun...and it was good science stuff. Juice is not very low carb tho...

I too am not happy with the time change. I like that it is lighter later, but I am really struggling to get started in the mornings...

Will check in tomorrow! Planning on going to water aerobics. We walked a mile before dinner tonight...

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #182  

Toni48,, I see you was on the 17 DD,I just got the book and have not started it yet, is it hard to do? Also was you hungry all the time? Sorry so many questions I just need to lose weight and keep flip flopping from diet to diet, hoping this one works for me..
Stormy121363 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 08:27 AM   #183  

Good morning! Not sure what all I will do today. I fired the kiln last night and will have to amuse myself until I can open it. It has a couple teapots in it I am eager to see. Also a couple glaze tests. I hate waiting!

I have been dabbling with intermittent fasting and eating more paleo than straight low carb, and I think my glucose levels are improving some from it. Yesterday I fasted for breakfast, so I think today I will fast for lunch. It helps me not to nibble all day which is really not good for you.

Off to fix some espresso! Have great weekend, everyone!
Old 03-17-2012, 08:18 PM   #184  

Didn't get to cook my corned beef and cabbage today but am tomorrow. Will put it in the crockpot in the morning. Hope its good. Nice week but glad its over.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 08:20 PM   #185  

Stormy- The 17 DD is really good. You need the book. I lost really well as long as I follwed it.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:00 AM   #186  

Grandson is coming today. I have circle meeting at church so I made three almond flour, sugar free low carb breakfast goodies to take for the refreshments. It was my turn! I hope they like it. If not, well, more for me! I made carrot mini muffins, orange and chocolate scones, and cinnamon muffins with a cream cheese icing. I used a total of about 1/2 a cup of agave for all of that. And the best thing is they taste pretty good!

I really need to learn to say no. I feel so buried with things to do. I am working on a puppet script they wanted done by today. Ain't gonna happen. I have a bunch of stuff I threw yesterday that needs trimming. And my sweet husband invited the visiting pastor for lunch next week. I am going to have to turn into a white tornado. My house is a disaster. I am not opposed to cleaning it thoroughly for company, just not looking forward to all the work I need to do!

Hope everyone is doing well.
Old 03-20-2012, 12:10 PM   #187  

Just got done walking on the treadmill. Now trying to figure out what to eat. Think I might make a bunch of veggies with scrambled eggs.

Ellen- Happy Birthday.... Hope you have a super day. Sure sounds like you were busy yesterday. How did everyone like your food?

Hope everyone is okay and having a good day.....
Old 03-20-2012, 01:08 PM   #188  

Hello! I had a chiro appt, and of course my daughter was late to pick up my grandson. I barely made it on time!

Pollen count is at a record high here....its awful! But it IS pretty out....all the azaleas and dogwoods are in bloom.

Made a ground chicken and spinach curry last night for dinner and it really talked back to both of us...was disappointed. Just had some of it left over for lunch. Hope it doesn't make me sick. Other that that, eating was so so yesterday. All the goodies I made were well accepted by the ladies. I was very pleased!

TONI: Thank you!
Old 03-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #189  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Ellen, happy belated birthday. I have lost my list of birthdays so sorry I missed it. Hope you had a great day.

Toni, gad oh are getting our walking in. We have been walking outside. It took me a week to get over the stomach bug so I haven't done much in exercising.

I have my grandson today. Wasn't supposed to have him until tomorrow but the sitter has kidney stones. So I may have him tomorrow too. Doesn't matter to me. My wt is the same as last week. I am trying something new so will see how that works. Got to run fix DH breakfast. He is on his way home & it is too early for lunch. Have a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 05:54 PM   #190  

Went grocery shopping today. Now I'm pooped. Having sub sandwiches for dinner. Not very healthy. Where is everyone?
Old 03-23-2012, 11:56 PM   #191  

Been cleaning like a crazy woman, but its beginning to pay off! The house is looking MUCH nicer and I will not be too embarrassed to have the visiting preacher and his wife over for lunch on Sunday!

Went and visited my painting teacher today. It was fun to chat colors and paints...get new tips from her. It was short, but sweet.

Went grocery shopping tonight. Still have to hit Costco in the morning, then pick up my orders from Zaycon mid morning. I have ground beef and bacon ordered. Sharing it with others....

Time to amble off to bed!
Old 03-25-2012, 08:39 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies. How about Ky being represented by two teams in the final four? Nof course I am pulling for the Wildcats all the way.

Ellen, how nice to have a clean house. I cleaned (takes me 2 days) then grandson was here & you can't tell I swiffered. Guess I'll do that again tomorrow then steam the floors. I'm sure your preacher won't even look at your house.

Toni, hope you rested up after shopping. I shopped all day Thursday & could not sleep at all. Boy was I exhausted Friday. I really had a hard time working the fish fry lunch & dinner. I just can't do what I think I can do any more. I need to realize that.

I have been taking raspberry ketones (as per Dr Oz). Nthey really suppress your appetite. We will see how this goes.

Off to watch Desperate Housewives. Have a good week.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:49 PM   #193  

The lunch with the visiting preacher went very well...found out we have a friend in common. An old college friend of ours...

I went to water aerobics this morning. I went to the early class as I knew it was going to be a busy day.

Had my grandson today, AND my granddaughter. My son in law called and asked me to take my granddaughter because the baby sitter had to take her son to the doctor. We had fun, and she played with her cousin and cried when it was time to go home.

Tonight we had a picnic with our daughter and son in law and grandson. We ate Japanese food under the Yoshino cherry trees near by in an office park. The guys drank sake. It was fun, but my kitchen was a wreck. Spent the past hour cleaning it up and I am NOT done!

Ok, I am too tired to stay up. Heading to bed! Good night!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:16 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 226/197/145

Height: 5'1"

Hi Ellen, Erin, Solly,Michelle, Teesh, Teeb, and everyone else whose names ive forgotten or mispelled! This is try 2 - I wrote a big long message and then my phone rang - erasing it all. I only skimmed thru the 13 pages of posts since this thread was started. I want to read it again because so much made me think, and relate, and want to get off sugar! My friend did it. My mom is doing it as part of her cancer treatment. Shes always been my food plan guru, even though I totally rebel.
My ideal food plan for now, I think, is:
High protein, low carb, gluten-free, perhaps dairy-free, no added sugar and low glycemic and fewer processed foods. I love the concept of Ideal Protein, but not the products. I am all for the Paleo in theory, but dont think ill ever achieve it. Ive started calorie counting but I doubt thatll be enough. My daughter is gluten-free and rarely has dairy, due to food allergies we both have, but I sneak and cheat. I eat my emotions. And I get Gigantic sweets cravings. I have grown probably 100 lbs in 4 years. I plan to weigh tomorrow. Im staying at moms to take care of the dog while my mom and daughter go to Hawaii!
If sugar kills the immune system, I definitely need it gone. I have lived the past 2 decades or more with severe asthma, a thyroid disease, and I catch everything. I have strep throat right now.
I am 30. I am not going to live very long at nearly 300 lbs. Meetings are not enough, I need to get serious about a losing food plan.
So sugar is where id like to start. Hopefully with sugar out of the way, the rest will be easier!
I appreciate the thought that you will welcome me into this thread, as ive seen you do for others, and we can be there for eachother!
Good night!
llladynasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:18 AM   #195  

S/C/G: 226/197/145

Height: 5'1"

Weighed this am, thankful I was mistaken - the number is only 226. So ive only gained 81 lbs in 4 years. My goal weight is 145. Have a gorgeous day everybody!
llladynasti is offline   Reply With Quote