General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #76  

Oh my gosh that recipe looks so good Crystle. Thanks for posting it.

Sanity- Sounds like you're busy. You're going to do good....

Solly- I hope your daughter is doing okay with the shots. That sounds like an awful thing to have to learn.

Erin- You'll reach your goals you can do it!!!

Ellen- Hope you're having a good day.

I just ate lunch but am still hungry. Think I'll go have some almonds.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 03:18 PM   #77  

S/C/G: 172/144.4/130

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Solly - yes, I do have to be careful not to overdo it with a cheat and then let myself slip back into old habits. Truthfully, if I was at my first allowed cheat weight right this minute, I wouldn't cheat. I've finally hit a point where my cravings are zilch and I'm doing OK to eat what's allowed on my "diet."

Sanity - I am the same way with things tasting TOO sweet after not having it for a while. I'm the same way when I'm on a low fat diet - things with a lot of fat taste HORRIBLE to me after not having it for a while.

Toni - I was still hungry after lunch, too! I waited an hour and a half and then ate some laughing cow cheese.

My weight was the same this morning, which is fine. I sometimes have days where the scale doesn't move. I'm glad it didn't go up! Working out tonight with a neighbor. The first time exercising since the family came down with that cold. I am NOT looking forward to it! Man, I hate exercise!
ErinT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 04:47 PM   #78  

Erin- I drag my feet to the treadmill 4 days a week. But am so glad when I get it done. I'm really happy about doing something for my body. It would be so nice to have someone to work out with.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:38 AM   #79  
SanityNow

Good morning all,
So I'm down 4 pounds for January. Tracking my weight daily taught me that my weight can, while decreasing in general, bump up by a half pound from day-to-day. Another interesting thing is that this 4 pound weight loss showed up about mid-month, then disappeared to come back today. So daily weight has a lot to do with hydration level, and other things. I'm headed in the right direction.

I have about 18 pounds to go to be officially not overweight. I've decided to make that my goal. Don't get me wrong, I'd like to be in the middle of my healthy BMI, but I'd rather call goal once I'm not overweight, and then just keep on with the healthy behaviors. Otherwise, the way my mind works, it's not going to be good...

Have a great month everyone.....
Old 02-01-2012, 09:31 AM   #80  

About to suit up and head to water aerobics. Tom had to go in early for a release...so I was glad I woke up in time! I actually could have run around and made the 8am class, but I prefer to move slowly and go at 10.

Eating has been fairly good, but I am totally stuck in the weight department. I FEEL good, and all, so I will just keep continuing to do the right stuff and hope eventually to see the Christmas five disappear with some of their friends....

Not much going on. I worked a lot yesterday...made almost a dozen mugs, trimmed a platter and large bowl. Tonight is potluck, so I won't have much time to work, but I plan on getting down there and loading up the kiln at least.

SANITY: Congrats on that four! May February add to that number in a satisfying way! I know what you mean about hydration, etc. effecting your day to day weight! If I eat a salty meal at night, I am almost always up some the next morning. Sometimes a good workout will put me up some...my AK Chiropractor tells me its because the muscles will hold on to water while they are 'healing'. I used to weigh daily. Now I rarely get on the scale. Maybe once a week at most. I find it doesn't mess with me as much to stay off it. If I weigh daily, I get all worked up!

SOLLY: Hoping your son in law is allowed to go home soon. That is so scary! And while I am sure your grandson loves being with you, they definitely pick up on stressful situations like that. He is probably worried some about daddy....

TONI: Way to go on the treadmill! Doesn't it feel great to get that in? And I am sure you feel better all over the more you do it! I find water aerobics has made me feel more coordinated, and less clumsy, and stronger!

LOVE to everyone! Off to suit up...

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 11:46 AM   #81  

Well got my week in on the treadmill. It seemed easier today after such a hard day on it yesterday. I do hate exercise and am so lazy. LOL.... I made a pot of spraggetti last night for dinner. Tonight is leftovers. Think I'll give the rest of the spraggetti to Steve and I'll have fish. Any ideas for healthy super bowl snacks. Think I've got some shrimp in the freezer to make some shrimp and cocktail sauce.

Ellen- Thats great you went to water aerobics yesterday. Were you able to go today. Have you picked out your flooring for your studio yet?

Sanity- You're doing so good. 4 lbs is great. You can get those 18 lbs. off.

Doing laundry so guess I'd better go put it in the dryer.
Old 02-02-2012, 06:08 PM   #82  

Hello! Just finished up with my art student and should be down working on dinner. I am making a tofu dish tonight...its stir fried with spinach. Simple, but delicious! I went over to the church and browned a bunch of ground beef for the assistant pastor. They are having a big spaghetti supper next weekend, and got a donation of really good ground beef for it. It had to be browned and frozen ...so I did it. We can't go to the dinner. Its our granddaughter's birthday party the same day and we can't eat anything they are fixing anyway!

I walked this morning with a friend. It was nice to catch up with her. I had not seen her in a while. After browning the beef at the church I came home and watched two episodes of Doc Martin with another friend. Then I had my art student. Its been a busy day!

TONI: I have not decided on the flooring yet, but I am leaning towards Porcelain tile. It is supposed to be the best choice for areas that can get water puddling up...which I definitely do with my clay work. Just need to move ahead, pick the tile and start prep work. The absolute best would be a cement, or terrazzo floor. Terrazzo is VERY expensive tho...

Ok, off to finish up dinner.
Old 02-02-2012, 07:07 PM   #83  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies, happy to announce I walked 3 miles today with a friend. DH and I have walked a little each day but noy near that much. We were talking so much the miles went quickly. Unhappy to say the scale has gone up, but due to our situation I am not surprised.

My SIL came home Tuesday on oxygen and the shots. NHL decided to give them to himself which is good for my DD. we are not leaving him alone so it is a lot of running for me & my youngest DD.

Ellen, glad you made it to WA. Sounds like you had a busy day today.

Toni, good job getting that treadmill done this week.

Erin, I loved working out at the gym, but getting there was an effort. Working out with a friend helps a lot.

Sanity, congrats on the 4 lbs. you are going in the right direction.

Crystle, hope you are having a great day.

Off for today. Have a great one.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #84  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

((Everybody))

God bless,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #85  

Hope everyone had a good week end. I had to many snacks while watching super bowl. But today is another day and I'm getting ready to walk on my treadmill... Trying to think of whats for dinner tonight. I just might make some turkey breast enchiladas. See how my day goes. My son has been gone a year today so I'm sad.

Crystle- Hugs.....

Solly- Hope your SIL is doing okay at home. Its great you walked three miles.

Ellen- Your dinner sounds good. Loved your pictures on facebook....

Off to finish my coffee and hit the dreadmill..... LOL
Old 02-06-2012, 11:12 AM   #86  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Errrr

The scales are continuing to give me fits. I'm eating more but closer to normal and less like I'm trying to lose. My reward is I can't get the scales to move down. I weight more now than in the last six months. errr Guess I need to add back another day of exercise.
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 10:59 AM   #87  

Good morning. Almost my time for the treadmill. I haven't been on the scale in awhile. I need to bite the bullet and get on it. Whats for dinner tonight? I need some idea's.

Crystle- Sorry you're having a time getting the scale to go down. I think its so hard to maintain your weight. Harder than losing.

Hope everyone is having a good day....
Old 02-07-2012, 11:39 AM   #88  

Good morning everyone! Its been a rough morning for me. I have a situation that has rocked my world, broken my heart and there is no hope of it ever getting better. It just keeps getting worse. I am ok some days, but others, it haunts me, takes hold of me, and shatters my peace and happiness. This morning has been one of those shattered times.

My blood sugar levels refuse to respond to my diet right now, even though I am being careful they are hung up high and I can't get them down. That adds to my frustration. I fired the kiln yesterday with a glaze load. I am waiting until it is cool enough to open. If it is bad, I am really going to be down in the dumps.

Sorry to be such a little ray of sunshine.

I am expecting my daughter for lunch. She is not feeling well today though, so I have no idea what to fix for her that will sit well in her nauseated tummy. I hope her morning sickness is over soon, or this may be her last child! After she leaves, a friend from church is coming over to learn to paint a silk scarf. Then I have wellness group at church tonight. Its such a busy week. I am trying to plot and plan out blocks of alone time so I can work! I guess that is a good thing.

Eating has been fairly good...with one or two small indiscretions a few days ago. Yesterday was stellar, and I hope another day of stellar will help the blood sugar levels. We walked two miles over rugged terrain on Sunday, but I did not make it to water aerobics yesterday. I hope to get a walk in today, though it will be hard with all I have going on. Tomorrow, I will go to the water aerobics class for sure.

Ok, enough of my prattle! Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 02-07-2012, 12:00 PM   #89  

You're in my thoughts and prayers Ellen.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:27 AM   #90  

Morning! About to suit up and head to the pool! Considered walking instead, but decided on the class.

Gotta load the kiln up and fire today. I hope to get that done quickly when I get back. Then a friend is coming over for coffee. Tonight is potluck. I am going to make another pot roast in the pressure cooker. It was really yummy last week!

Been pretty much on track for a few days now. Just waiting to see if the old blood sugar will begin responding. Its not so far. Ug.

Thanks for the kind words...I appreciate them very much.