General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 04-29-2012, 11:48 PM   #241  

Just a fly by to let you know I am alive and kicking still. Have been doing a detox diet, and the first few days were really really hard as I had a horrible headache. It finally seems to be gone today. Its done great things for my blood sugar levels. Yay!

Will try and get by with a real post tomorrow, but its time for bed!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 10:40 AM   #242  

Had a nice week end. Got some herbs planted. I still need some basil. Couldn't find any. Trying to get in the right frame of mind to walk on the treadmill.

Ellen- I would love to do a detox diet. Is it hard? Do you need allot of special stuff?
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:12 PM   #243  

TONI: The one I am doing is ten days. Its called the Master Cleanse, or the lemonade diet. You only have a concoction of lemon juice, maple syrup and cayenne pepper for ten days. All you need are those three ingredients. That is ALL you eat for ten days. You can do it for less, like three days. The full benefit comes from ten days though. Its very hard to begin with, but after a few days, it gets much easier. I have hardly been hungry on it. I did it about six years ago and lost almost 20 pounds in a week. Of course some came back on, but not all of it. This time, I have been on it for nine days and have only lost about five pounds. I am disappointed, but I am not going to focus on that when I am seeing such good numbers on my blood sugar. I hope once I go back to my regular low carb diet, they stay down.
Old 05-02-2012, 08:05 AM   #244  

Morning! Kind of quiet in here.
Old 05-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #245  

Good morning. Its already warm here so going to be a beautiful day. I need to go to town and get a few things. I'm going to make taco soup for dinner so need some stuff. My hubby is sick and grumpy so it will be good to get out a bit LOL....

Ellen- I remember when you went on a cleanse before. Ten days is such a long time and I admire you for doing it. Thats great about your blood sugars.

Guess I'll go finish my coffee. Hi to everyone.
Old 05-03-2012, 09:15 AM   #246  

Morning! I am slowly getting back to eating normal. Feeling great and I am at an all time low. My blood sugar is still hanging out in the almost normal range - and I have NOT started back on my meds. Feeling very encouraged!

Off to find something to eat..feeling a bit hungry!
Old 05-03-2012, 10:15 AM   #247  

My little dog got me up early then went back to bed with my DH. I'm so mad at him. Guess I let him out and gave him a biscuit and he was happy. Tomorrow I get a hair cut. Boy am I glad. Tried ground chicken in my taco soup last night and it was so good.

Ellen- I love to hear how well you're doing. Gives me hope. I need a shopping trip for some fresh veggies....

Its sure quiet around here. Back to my coffee and news...
Old 05-05-2012, 09:32 AM   #248  

Morning! Had my first espresso since starting the detox this morning...been two weeks. Ug! It did not agree with me at all, and Tom had to finish it for me. I may have used too much cream and it was the cream that made my tummy feel yucky.

Decided on a new dishwasher and Tom just ordered it online to pick up. The bums say we can't get it for two weeks. Grrr. But buying it on line saved $60 so my Scottish husband is glad. Got a Bosch.

I am hoping and praying the pool man can put in the new liner sooner than he says- three weeks is just NOT acceptable when the weather is so hot here! I want to SWIM! Right now, since the water level is so low and it can't be filtered (below the intakes due to a leak in the liner) the water is very green. The frogs have found it and every night its quite a concert out there! Knee deep, knee deep! One even barks almost like a dog. Its so weird!

I read an article on fasting yesterday. It was very interesting. Recent research shows it is very beneficial to do the intermittent fasting that is popular right now. It helps heal insulin resistance according to the article. But then, inexplicably, it says diabetics should not fast. Huh? I am assuming my long fast has helped heal some of my insulin resistance that was contributing to my inability to control my blood sugar numbers. They are staying down very well, without meds right now. I am VERY encouraged.

I am off to get this Saturday underway...LOTS to do today! Have a great weekend!!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:38 AM   #249  

Happy Saturday morning. I slept in this morning. I need to plant flowers today at sometime but its already getting hot. Maybe this evening I'll feel like doing it. My herbs are growing beautiful that I got in last week. DH wants taco's for dinner so I got some really good lean ground round. And some nice looking lettuce. Maybe I'll make me a taco salad instead.

Ellen- I'm so glad your fast helped you. Hopeing you can be swimming soon. I love Bosch stuff. I wish we had room for a dishwasher. But I have a tiny kitchen.

Solly- Where are you?

lady- Come back here.

Off to finish my coffee and catch a bit of the cooking shows.
Old 05-09-2012, 09:41 AM   #250  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Here i am. Haven't been doing much. My grandson as hand,foot & mouth disease. So I have him for the week. Now his dad started running a fever so he spent the night last night. I hope no one else gets ths stuff. It looks like measles.

Toni, we finally got all our flowers planted Sunday. My DH goes crazy with pots. Now all we have is mulch to get down.

Ellen, I hate that about your pool. I can't wait to get in one. Of course it has been hot here & now it is cooler. Glad your cleanse helped.

Where is everyone??

Off to change a wet diaper. Trying mini hot browns for supper as I want to have them for my bunco dinner next week. Have a good day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 09:42 AM   #251  

Morning! Glad to see someone posting other than me!

I have lost a few more pounds and am now into a decade I have not seen for 25 years! I am beyond excited! My blood sugar on the other hand is atrocious! If I can keep losing, I hope that will help, but who knows. Its beyond frustrating.

SOLLY: Oh, I am sorry your poor little guy has that! Miserable stuff! I had my grandson Tuesday and yesterday, and drove him home. (45 min away) He did not want to go! We were supposed to pick strawberries at a farm out there, but they were closed as it was raining a bit. We were bummed...light rain is ideal for picking in, you don't get hot!

TONI: Did you get your flowers planted? Wish you lived close to me! I STILL have a ton of lettuce in my garden. It has to come out soon, as its where the eggplants go! We sure have enjoyed the lettuce tho...and shared a TON of it with others.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:46 PM   #252  

Had to go to town and get a mouse trap. Ewww...... We've got a mouse somewhere in this house. Also stopped at the grocery store and they had top round roast on sale so picked up one. I'll put it in my pressure pot. But tonight I'm making a meatloaf and green beans. Baked potato for DH. But the best news of all is my son gets home from Kuwait tonight. Its been a year. I'm so happy he's out of Iraq but better yet on the plane home.

Solly-Hope you sweet grandson gets better soon. Still haven't gotten my tomato planted. I swear this week end.

Ellen- Woo Hoo on losing weight. Thats so great. Now if those BS numbers were better.

Guess I'll finish Dr. Oz then make my meatloaf. DH volunteered to chop onions.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:51 AM   #253  

Happy Mother's Day dear friends.... DH is taking me out to dinner this evening. My son is home from Kuwait and Iraq, what more could I want. LOL
Old 05-13-2012, 10:25 PM   #254  

S/C/G: 226/197/145

Height: 5'1"

I've noticed a number of you on here are mothers, so I just wanted to pop in and sa Happy Mother's Day. It's sure not easy being a mom in this sugar-crazy world, you're all doing the best that you can (me too) and every once in a while we need to be glad for how far we've come.
llladynasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 09:10 AM   #255  

Morning! Yesterday was a nice day...hubby made me cappucinno and brought it to me in bed. Church was nice, then home to roast a chicken (which I forgot to pop in the oven before we left for church...) and hubby made the veggie, then my daughter came over and she and I went and got a manicure and pedicure. I never had one before, and it could be addicting! I loved it! Went to a visitation for some friends father who passed away, then out to Jason's Deli with our daughter and grandson for a bite to eat, then home. Long day, but nice over all.

Weight is holding fairly well at the new low. I wore clothes yesterday that I have not put on for 30 or 40 pounds, and it was delightful to have them loose and comfortable.

I have my women's circle meeting at church this morning, so I must get moving!

Have a great day everyone!