General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:09 AM   #301  

Having my morning coffee and watching Rachael Ray. We had a huge storm yesterday here. I got scared a big tree would go over on the house.

Ellen- I know what you mean about cleaning. I've got to do the kitchen floors today. Hope your BS are better....

Solly- Congrats on losing 2 lbs. I would be so excited if the scale was going down instead of up. Hope they get your meds fixed so you're on the right ones.

Guess I'll go find something to eat...
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 10:44 AM   #302  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Forgot to weigh this morning. GS spent the night so I was fooling with him. Had scrambled eggs & toast with my grean tea. I was over on my calories about 200 yesterday but hubby wanted to go to the ice cream store & get chili dogs for dinner. That meant no cooking for me. Always up for that. I didn't get the buns so thought that might help but did have the shake, but I was very nausea & was hoping it would help.

Toni, gad you didn't lose your tree. We have lost 3 in storms the last year.

Elen the picture of your pool on FB is so sad. I would call them every day.

Going to do some Fathers day shopping today I think. Have a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 08:31 AM   #303  

Morning! They finished the pool on Wednesday and by Thursday morning the water level was where it needs to be. So I got in! Brrr! Its VERY cold. Got in again last night after dinner. Its going to be a few days before it warms up enough to be enjoyable, but I will probably get in anyway.

I went and picked blueberries yesterday with a friend and my daughter, son in law and grandson. My friend called me last night and left me a message telling me she found a tick on her clothes, and to make sure we all check for them. Ew! Now I feel kind of itchy and all...but Tom checked my hair and back and there were none. I hope they check the grandson well..he was running around a lot. I plan to go back and pick more later and will stick to the outside rows that are mowed better.

Off to find some breakfast!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2012, 03:33 PM   #304  

S/C/G: 226/197/145

Height: 5'1"

Good afternoon every one! I read through a few of your recent posts. I haven't been around this thread lately. I'm still avoiding sugar, but it is no longer the focus of my food plan as my needs have changed. I want to thank you all for your support and for allowing me to read your posts as they have been so helpful through this leg of my journey. See you along the way in other areas I'm sure! Farewell!
llladynasti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:35 AM   #305  

Good morning. Hope everyone is fine. I finally started yesterday walking on the treadmill again. I'll walk again this morning in about an hour. Having my coffee right now.

Ellen- Are you enjoying the pool? Did it warm up a bit? Would love to find fresh blueberries around here but we do have some wild blackberries growing in the back I'll pick pretty soon.

Solly- How was your week end? We had a nice lazy day and grilled some steak and shrimp for dinner Father's Day. Next Sat. have a wedding to go to. Hope I can squeeze my fat butt into my dress pants.

llladynasti- You could still come here we follow different ways of eating here. Not just Sugar Busters.

Well back to watching the news and drinking coffee. Enjoying the morning with DH.
Old 06-20-2012, 05:17 PM   #306  

HI ladies. Seems it always gets back to the 3 of us somehow.

Been counting calories, avoiding sugar, walking all week. Down 5 lbs. it was 8 but of course the weekend gets in the way. Walked 3 days so far. Swam a little I. The pool and did some leg exercises a little today.

Toni, so glad you are back on. The treadmill. I had the same eproblem with the dress pants. Hope they fit.

Ellen. Hope your pool is warming up. My DD's was actually warm today. Watch out foe those ticks.they are very bad this year.

Got to get ready for our last bunco until September.another diet field mine. Se has a pool so aye we will cool off in it. I think it was 95 degees today.

Have a god one,
Old 06-22-2012, 08:39 AM   #307  

Morning! Sorry I have been missing a couple days. Life has been busy...it always is. Another funeral at church, then a baby shower, and now my mother in law is coming today and I have done very little cleaning. I have not been feeling tip top which doesn't help. I baked a cake for my older daughter to decorate for the baby shower for my younger daughter and it fell. I just do not have the resources or energy to bake it again. I hope it doesn't taste too bad!

A friend told me about using lime juice every morning on an empty stomach to help with blood sugar issues. I have been juicing a fresh lime every morning, and drinking it in a bit of water. My mid day blood sugar levels have come down a lot..into the normal range. They don't stay there all day, but its an improvement and encouraging. Especially since I have not been walking regularly. Just getting in the cold pool as much as I can.

I just finished breakfast...quiche and espresso. I am LOVING being able to eat eggs again. I go back to the AK chiro in two weeks. I hope she doesn't tell me to stop eating eggs again. I really have enjoyed eating them and they don't make me feel sick anymore...so there IS hope!

SOLLY: Have you had that bunco party yet? I guess if you are the hostess, you can control what eats are there...but I sure understand that temptation. We were at potluck the other night and I about fell face first into a bowl of jelly beans. I mean, really? There were tons of wonderful desserts and I cheated on jelly beans!?!? Blood sugar was terrible that night and in the morning....still recovering from it.

TONI:Yay! I am SO proud of you getting back to the treadmill. Don't you FEEL better when you are walking on it regularly? The pool is warming up a bit...on Wednesday at pool day my art student came with her mom and sister. She is terrified of wasps, and of course she saw one, so she was a bit edgy to begin with. Then, the water was cold and she totally wimped out. Her younger sister tho was jumping off the diving board and have a blast. They left pretty soon and went to the neighborhood pool which is warmer and less buggy.

Off to clean! Must run the vacuum and such. Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE housework? I need to find someone I can hire to clean for me.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:41 AM   #308  

Hi ladies,

I made it all 5 days walking this week. This morning my grandson rode his bike whole we walked. Ended up doing it twice so I feel like I got a good walk.

Ellen, I know about cleaning. I hate it too. I usually do a Lille on Thursday & a little on Friday but I have done nothing this week. Sorry you are feeling low. Good to know about the lime juice. I will tell my friend who has diabetes. I did not host bunco. I went somewhere else. I did not eat much or drink much.

Toni, how's the walking going. Have a good weekend.

Off to fix some train for GS. Have a great weekend.
Old 06-22-2012, 12:16 PM   #309  

Getting ready to go have my hair done. We've got a wedding tomorrow to go to. Managed to find some pants in my closet that fit. Boy was I relieved.

Ellen- Thats cool about the lime juice. I used to have lemon juice in some water heated with a little bit of Truvia in the morning. You're way ahead of me on cleaning this week. I've done nothing. Brrrr the pool sounds cold but refreshing.

Solly-Wow good job on walking this week. I've missed today. Guess I'd better go get ready to have my hair done.

Have a great week end all....
Old 06-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #310  

Hip Hip Hooray! I actually vacuumed the whole house, and sucked up all the cobwebs! I feel like I accomplished something! I think I will reward myself with a dip in the pool! And I got a new waterproof MP3 player to try out! woo hoo!

Old 06-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #311  

Dang Ellen you are wonder Woman.....I'm in envy, I need to vacuum.
Old 06-24-2012, 10:51 PM   #312  

Weekend went fairly well...the shower for my daughter was their usual crazy disorganized event. Some folks had to leave before she ever started opening gifts. They made a huge mess, and of course there were no plans for clean up. Thankfully one of my friends helped me while the last group hanging around was swimming. Its not too bad now.

Today I took a nap..something I rarely do now. Then I got in the much warmer pool and swam some. Its been a lazy, laid back day, which is what Sundays should be...relaxing.

So glad I survived the worst of the weekend, and am in the home stretch now. Tomorrow my ladies circle from church is coming over for a pool day. Then I MUST write the script for my puppet show and get it sent out to my puppeteers/actors. Its for Saturday morning. I have no more time to procrastinate. I just emailed a guy I worked with at a different church to ask if they have some puppets we used to use still and if so if I could borrow them...hopefully he will respond tomorrow and I will know better what I am working with. I hate the puppets the church has....

So, its late and I am tired! Good night and sweet dreams all!
Old 06-26-2012, 09:14 AM   #313  

Morning! Waiting on my grandson to arrive. His mom has an appt. with a new doctor. Her midwife is not with the practice she was with anymore, and she wants a woman. Late to be changing doctors...she only has six weeks left, but I understand.

Off to get ready! Hope everyone is doing well!
Old 06-26-2012, 10:15 AM   #314  

Woke up and DH has already left. He's getting things done before it gets to hot. And we sure are having summer here. Its pretty slow here and I haven't been doing anything much except a little house work....
Old 06-27-2012, 09:24 AM   #315  

Morning! Today is pool day. My grandson spent the night and is already begging to go swimming. We usually wait until someone gets here, or its just too long a day out there! Its hot, and its supposed to be over 100 on Friday. The pool water is barely cool anymore!

I should have hopped on the metal monster this morning just to check in...but I forgot.

Finished my puppet script last night, and sent it to my friend who is in charge. Waiting back from her on whether she likes it to send it out to the puppeteers. After Saturday, I have two weeks free until VBS. Then I think I am declaring a moratorium on ANYTHING to do and enjoying the rest of the summer.