General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 01-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #61  

We went out to dinner tonight. First time since vacation. We went to Outback and I got salad, and a small sirloin and a lobster tail, and mixed steamed veggies. I asked them to hold the croutons on my salad, and put the dressing on the side. I did not eat but half of it. Felt pretty good about it! It was delish...esp. the lobster! And I did eat the butter, but its low carb.

We went to a flooring place to check out our options and have about decided on a floating vinyl floor for the studio. Next step is to order it and get the room ready to put it down. I am excited about getting it organized and set up for painting and potting...tho I am going to have to be MUCH cleaner once we move my wheel upstairs.

Got my walk in today. Tomorrow I will have my grandson for a while so his mom can go to a meeting of a treeclimbers club with Tom. Will probably take him to the grocery store with me.

Off to get ready for bed!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 11:27 AM   #62  

S/C/G: 172/144.4/130

Height: 5 ft 5 in

I had to pop in for a quick update. I weighed in at 159 this morning. I'm officially out of the 160s!!
ErinT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 12:06 PM   #63  
SanityNow

Hi Sugar Busters !
I know it's almost February, but I'd like to join. I am dropping the sugar/breads/bad...but could sure use some support. I know that when I get this down pat I will meet my goal (drop 20) and probably then some. Esp. since my sugar consumption is linked with unhealthy fats I'm posting in 'get movin' for exercise; dropping the evil white one is the second half of the equation.

My plan is lean proteins, lots of veggies, berries/apples, healthy fats, and the occasional baked (scooped) potato.

All suggestions and support welcomed
Old 01-29-2012, 12:10 PM   #64  

WOO HOO Erin..... So happy for you good job.

Ellen- Yum I love Outback.... Your studio is going to look so nice. Hope you had a good time with your Grandson....

All is fine here. Having some extra coffee this morning. Had a peach yogurt for breakfast. Thawing out a pork tenderloin for dinner.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #65  

Sanity- Welcome aboard.... Glad to have you. Good luck with eating right.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:28 PM   #66  
SanityNow

Thanks Toni
Old 01-29-2012, 02:35 PM   #67  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

Height: 5'5"

I gave up sugar 2 weeks ago and I've had NO cravings so far o_0; And that's with me baking up a storm, too!
JoJoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 07:25 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

It has been a crazy 4 days. I still have my grandson. sIL is now in TCU. Still not sure when he can come home. Hopefully tomorrow or Tuesday. Y cold s full blown so needless to say eating has not been good.

Erin, congrats on your loss.

Sanity, welcome to our group. Good job.

Jojo, welcome. Good job getting rid of the sugar.

Ellen good job at Outback. The have great salads & I love their ff tangy tomato dressing. But they have great croutons. So soft.

Got to run gs wants to play angry birds
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 09:57 PM   #69  

Hello everyone! to the new members! So glad to have you! The more the merrier!

I baked a chicken today for dinner. Popped it in the oven as we were leaving for church. Then, I had an inspirational moment and invited a divorced friend over to eat with us. We had SO much fun as she is a bonafide nut! We laughed and laughed. The chicken turned out great. I added collards from the garden which were such a hit I had to give my friend a container out of the freezer of them!

Spent most of the afternoon doing a lot of nothing! It actually felt nice to chill. I wanted to go walk, but felt kind of woozy...blood sugar was dropping. Nice problem to have!

SANITY: Your plan sounds good...do be careful of the potatoes though. They are pure starch and as such, as bad as eating sugar! Can you sub a sweet potato instead? They are denser nutritionally. I eat very low carb now, after following Sugar Busters for years. I am diabetic and find the only way I can control my blood sugar right now is to watch the carbs and be strict. I even tried insulin and it did not help! :O

JOJO: Isn't it amazing how getting off sugar helps control the appetite? I know what you mean...I used to bake cakes and decorate them for extra moola...and I was a SLAVE to the frosting... Then I got on Sugar Busters and kicked sugar out of my diet. It was amazing to me the difference. It just totally broke the hold the sugar had on me and I was able to bake and decorate without a single taste!

TONI: Thanks! I did have fun with the grandson. I have changed my mind again on the flooring for the studio. Leaning towards porcelain tile now. The floating vinyl supposedly can't take much water...and that would be a problem!

SOLLY: How old is your little sweetie now? Aren't they fun? My daughter is expecting #2, which will make three for me...can't wait! I just wish they all lived closer. Both daughters are 45 min away!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 03:21 PM   #70  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

Hard to believe February is right around the corner. Time to get back on track and really focus on being healthy and not just weight loss. Robert and I went shopping yesterday and bought all kinds of yummy veggies. I also got something new to try, fennel. Next month we will try something else new. There are not too many things we haven't tried but I did see a couple of fruits that were wild looking.

Solly: Praying your SIL gets to feeling better and is out of the hospital soon. As much as you love the grand I bet he is missing daddy. Hope your cold gets better soon also.

Ellen: So glad you had fun with your friend. Sometimes those spontaneous moments can be the funnest. Hope you are having a better week than last week.

Toni: Way to start off the week on the treadmill.

Sanity: Welcome

JoJo: WTG with knocking the cravings. Hormones and cold pushed me just a little closer to the sugar last week but I tried to keep pretty healthy like my Cliff granola bars and an extra cup of hot tea or decaf.

Erin: WOO HOO way to get out of the 160's!

Praying everyone has a SUPER week.

God bless,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 04:20 PM   #71  

S/C/G: 172/144.4/130

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Sanity - welcome! The first few weeks are hard, but it gets easier as your body adjusts and you don't have cravings that are as strong as they used to be. It took a little while for me to get used to planning meals, and it is still a challenge sometimes. We get bored of the same things over and over. It's great to have people to ask for ideas to shake things up!

Solly - hope you are feeling better.

Ellen, sounds like you had a fun Sunday!

Crystle - trying one new thing per month sounds like a great idea. I've never had fennel, either! Good for you for focusing on health and not just losing weight. I lose sight of that sometimes.

My weight was still down this morning. I'm so happy to be out of the 160s. I haven't seen the 150s since I found out I was pregnant! So it's very exciting. I am going to give myself a tiny cheat day when I get to 155, and then my mini goal is to be at 145 by my son's first birthday (in April), and then down to 130 by my birthday (August). That's what I'm hoping for anyway.
ErinT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 09:02 PM   #72  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies, another day sitting at the hospital & then getting my grandson for the night. He may come home tomorrow if my DD can give him Heprin shots in the stomach. They are teaching her tonight. I hope he will be ok after this, it is scary.

Erin, you are doing so great. You have a great plan going. Just be careful with a cheat. Once you start it becomes easier & easier to cheat.

Crystle, I do love having my GS but he is ready to go home I know. Glad you liked your new video.

Ellen my GS will be 3 in July. He is a mess. Hoe exciting a new baby. I wish they would get another one soon. Glad you had a good time with your friend.

Off to read story books & get him to bed.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 09:02 AM   #73  
SanityNow

Thanks Erin, I am finding that as I continue to cut down on the sugar - let's face it, it's junk food sugar - it's tasting more and more gross to me. Like I don't even taste the sweet, as I would with fruit, but I taste a sharp nasty taste, or else a funky aftertaste. So when I get the crazy cravings I go through my list of usual fixes with 'nope, no good' and 'ugh'. Now I have to remember that a smoothie is alway a healthful option - I use greens and fruits with ground flax so they're really healthy.

It has taken me a long time to get here, but I feel I'm on more solid ground than ever before.
Old 01-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #74  
SanityNow

Good morning my new friends. Want to let you know how truly happy I am to have found this Community and how much I am looking forward to success (finally!). The 3 main threads I've been following - 250 Hours, Get Movin!, and Sugar busters have given me a great leg up in getting more healthy. Thank you ! Have a great day.
Old 01-31-2012, 12:44 PM   #75  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Yummy

Sharing a breakfast taco recipe I made this morning. Pretty good on calories and very tasty.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recip...recipe=1973819

Love and hugs,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote