General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 06-27-2012, 04:12 PM   #316  

I to forgot to get on the scale this morning. Been getting laundry done and stuff today because the rest of the week is going to be in the 100's. We're going out of town tomorrow to get the car's front in fixed and do some grocery shopping. I hope I can think of some cool things to eat. We're grilling some chicken breasts tonight and I'm having DH do extra ones for salad.

Ellen- Its so nice you have a pool and can cool off in it. I'll bet your Grandson is having a ball in it. Did you get to borrow the better puppets?

Hope everyone is staying cool and doing good.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #317  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies. Didn't sleep but 2 hrs last night. Never took.a sleeping pill. So frustrating. My grandson had strep throat last Saturday, & I had shared my popscicle on Friday with him. So gess what! Yep I have it. I am going to the dr this afternoon since we are having his birthday party on Sunday & then we eave fr Hilton Head next Friday so I have to get well. I am just so tired of being sick. We are supposed to get our pictures made tonight for the church directory. Hope I can make it.

Needless to say my walking has gone down the tubes this week with feeling bad.

Ellen, how neat you are doing a puppet show. I haven't got in the pool this week. But I am sure the water is warm. We are stopping to end the night in Macon next Friday.

Toni, it is supposed to be. 103 here today. Guess I'll be staying inside. Hoe you get your car fixed early. It s just too ht to eat much.

I need to dust today. Hope I find some motivation somewhere. HAve a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 03:20 PM   #318  

Hello! Its 105 in the shade here...ug! Puppet show went well. Had a blast with old friends I have not seen much of in a long time. It was a small crowd of kids due to the heat but totally worth it.

About to head off to the really cool farmer's market with a friend. I am out of a bunch of stuff I get from there. Its a long drive, but so worth it once in a while. I am feeling a bit poorly...tired and bloated and a touch of an upset stomach. I hope I am not getting what a friend's baby has...she was here on Wednesday so its entirely possible.

Had my doctor appt. finally yesterday. Its going to be a slow process, but he gave me a new drug to try and rearranged a few prescriptions and dosages. I go in Monday morning for a ton of lab work and some kind of stress test he wants to do. I like this guy...I can talk to him. Unfortunately, his front office is not so good. I had a past due bill I paid two years ago and they are telling me I still owe it. I am afraid I may have tossed the receipt thinking it was two years old and not a problem anymore! Ug. will have to locate the cancelled check.

Off to find some ginger for my stomach...ug.
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 09:11 PM   #319  

Hi ladies. It is soo hot and I love the heat but this is too much. Fighting with this sinus Infection still. coughing so much my throat hurts. I actuall couch so much I threw up twice. My stomach hurts so I guess it is all the drainage. Took some Musinex per the druggist. I just hope it works before we leave on vacation Friday.

Ellen, it is so hot the only relief is on the pool. I hope you ate not coming down with something. I think all this heat has something to do with it too. Glad you like your new dr. I like my family dr but don't care for her asst. guess we can't have every thing.

Toni, hope you are staying cool. You be careful with your heart in this heat.

Ran errands today. Tomorrow is nails. I have each day planned out before Friday. It cooking too much for one it is too hot to eat. BLT tonight. Have a great day. Hope to check in before vacation, but also taking my iPad.
Old 07-03-2012, 01:01 PM   #320  

Hello! Had a chiro appt this morning... she gave me a few new supplements, and adjusted my back some. Should be good as new soon!

Not so sure about my doctor. I did some research on the drug he wants me to take. Its new, very expensive and has mediocre at best results...BUT, it can cause pancreatic cancer, pancreatitis, and liver problems. I think I need to put my foot down and insist on insulin. At least the side effects are not lethal. I did ask about it, and he brushed it off.

Having pool day tomorrow...its going to be a zoo and not so restful for me. I planned a particular meal and some folks coming want to bring stuff...and nothing they want to bring 'goes' with what I am fixing. ARGH! I keep playing phone tag with one, and I hope to convince them to just come and let me do the cooking.

I SHOULD be cleaning...I HATE cleaning. I would much rather chill and have a fun relaxed day.

Have a safe and happy Fourth, everyone!

Last edited by Ellen; 07-03-2012 at 01:02 PM.
Old 07-03-2012, 04:19 PM   #321  

Woo EEEE home in the cool air. Just got back from the beauty shop. My hair is curly and short. Just the kind of summer do I wanted. Stopped by the store and got some ground round to make hamburgers with tonight. Our little town was packed with people and tourists. They've got all the flags flying at the court house and it looks so nice.

Solly-I'm sorry you're under the weather and sure hope you feel better before vacation. In which I hope you have a great time at. I'm staying in and staying cool.

Ellen- I hope you have a nice day with all the pool people......

Happy Fourth to you all.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:22 AM   #322  

Happy 4th of July. Just finished cleaning my house, it seems I have to leave a clean house when I go on vacation. Have one more load of laundry to do & then we are off to a friends to the pool for the day. I have a lst of things to do tomorrow butt nothing big but packing but that shouldn't take long. I am not taking much.

Ellen, try to enjoy your pool group today. The side affects on drugs are worse than the disease itself. There is one they want me to take but it can cause lymphoma or other cancers. Makes you wonder if it is worth the risk.

Toni, glad you got your summer do. I had her trim mine shorter yesterday. Much cooler for the summer.

Have a great 4th. Probably talk to you on the ride to HH Friday.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:01 PM   #323  

Hello! Just came in from the pool ...missed the thunder storm by a few minutes. The cat is cowering under the bed.

I made eggs benedict for dinner tonight. I only had one English muffin half, but ate a few extra eggs on canadian bacon with the hollandaise sauce. It was good going down but has talked back...bleh!

SOLLY: Have a great trip!

Time for bed! Good night!

Old 07-08-2012, 11:58 AM   #324  

Crazy weatherman saids 60 percent chance of thunderstorms. My goodness if it rained here I'd run outdoors naked I'd be so happy. Yesterday was 104. But guess everyone is having it too. Need to go think of something good for dinner thats cool and easy. We had grilled chicken breasts with green beans last night.

Solly- Are you on vacation now? How are you feeling?

Ellen- What did you do with those beautiful eggplants? Hows the pool?

Better go feed DH he's getting hungry.
Old 07-09-2012, 08:56 AM   #325  

Morning! I slept wonderfully until my hubby woke me up to tell me my cpap mask was leaking and waking him up! UG! He must have been in a bad mood because after I went back to sleep when he got up, he woke me again about something. Now I feel a tad grumpy!

A friend is coming over in a bit to work on scheduling of tasks for the kitchen for VBS. Then I have a few errands to run. I need to go find some balloons to use to make a moose head for camp. I want to use them for the armature for paper mache.

Off to fix a nice mug of espresso and hopefully develop a brighter attitude about the day!
Old 07-09-2012, 04:41 PM   #326  

Happy birthday Toni! Have a great day
Old 07-09-2012, 08:16 PM   #327  

Hi ladies.... Not much going on here. Just finished the clean up in the kitchen. I made pork chops. Little thin ones cooked in a tiny bit of olive oil. Had a small baked potato.

Ellen-I hope you got to have a little rest today.

Solly- Thank you for the good wishes....
Old 07-11-2012, 09:49 AM   #328  

Today is Pool Day...I have already been to Home Depot and the grocery store. I need to make a paper mache moose head for VBS, and I needed stuff for that, then I want to try one of the recipes we are making for the VBS dinners before we use it next week. My garage door will not close, so Tom had to manually do it, and now I can't use it until he can figure out what is wrong with it. Lightning struck the house across the street and two up from us yesterday...I hope that is not it. I am wondering though if it is from my son in law knocking the sensors out of adjustment when he put the car jacks back the other day.

So I ran my errands, and parked on Tom's side of the garage! Eating my breakfast of three eggs and Canadian bacon with espresso. Folks usually show up for pool day around 11 or 12, so I am going to get started on my moose head I guess.

Hope you all are well...seems to be awfully dead in here. Is it time to just give up hanging on to this and move it to Facebook?
Old 07-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #329  

Had a wonderful birthday. DH and I just hung out and then left early in the afternoon so we could stop by Wal Mart to pick up a few things for our 4 wheeler. To bad its to hot for me to ride on it right now. Anyway we weren't real happy with our steak dinners in the high priced place we picked to eat. Wish I would have ordered the salmon. We'll probably not go back there again. But it was still a great day.

Ellen- I'm worried about our board. I love it here and wish we were busier. Sounds like you're going to have a good busy day. Happy swimming.

Solly-Are you on vacation? Hope you're doing good...
Old 07-12-2012, 05:08 PM   #330  

Hi from Hilton Head. Been a long week. gS doesn't want to leave the room much. We no sooner get to the beach & get settled, e is ready to go back. We have been going to the pool a lot. After about 1/2 hr he is ready to go back. His dad has been taking him. Not what I had planned, but oh well.

Ellen I would hate to lose this board. Hope pool day was fun.

Toni, sorry your meal was not great. We had one of those dinners the ther nite. Glad you had a great day anyway.

Talk to all later