General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 05-14-2012, 09:11 PM   #256  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hope everyone had a great Mothers Day. It rained here all day. So after church & breakfast we cleaned house. Then my DD dropped my grandson off while they cleaned their new office bldg. I had him again today too. My SIL also got the hand, foot & mouth disease. It was worse on him.

My RA is really flaring. My whole right arm & wrist is swollen, painful & dis formed. I took some prednisone so hoping that will help.

My DH had his DOT physical & his blood pressure was so high they made him stay for 3 hrs. He has to exercise and eat right & bring it down or go on medicine. Snwe are walking every day now & trying eat better. I have to do something too so hopefully this will get me started.

Ellen, congrats on the wt loss. How good you must feel getting into those clothes. I love pedicures. They can be addicting.

Toni, how excited I am for you & your son. Is this his last tour? You couldn't ask for a better Mothers Day gift. My DH wants me to email Dr. oz about a good natural anti-inflammatory.

Lladynasti, hope you had a great day too let us hear from you more.

Have a great day. Ngetting hair cut tomorrow and then bunch at my house on Wednesday.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 08:55 AM   #257  

Morning! I am cooking for a luncheon at church today. Its for the family of some friends, who's father passed away. I already made bbq pork, most of what needs to be done is arranging and putting out stuff. Then the service is at 3, and potluck is tonight at 6. I anticipate being there all day.

Last night my ladies circle came over and we decorated spoon rests to donate to the gift shop at the conference center. Seemed to me that everyone was enjoying themselves. Well, except a couple babies that came with their moms. Never met a baby that did not start to fall apart in the evening....

I need to get off here and head out...
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 10:22 PM   #258  
Low GI

Height: 5'4

Hello,

I would love to join here. I am getting started in the low gi diet.

Anyone recommend any books to get me started?
freyabecca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:03 PM   #259  

Hello, Freyabecca! A good classic on low GI eating is Sugar Busters. Protein Power is another I found helpful.

Great to have you join us! Its not a really active group anymore, but there is a core group that has been around a long time...and we all think the more the merrier!
Old 05-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #260  

Sorry I haven't been posting, I have a lung infection and have been down. Not sleeping at night so all I want to do is sleep durning the day. Hope I get over this soon......

freyabecca- Welcome aboard. I would get the sugar buster's book too.

Ellen-Hope your luncheon turned out okay. BBq pork sounded so good.

Solly- Hope your RA has settled down. Hopefully this is the last deployment for my son. But I don't trust the Army. LOL

Back to sleeping.....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:03 PM   #261  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

I would like to join all of you if you don't mind. I'm trying to stop eating sugar and white flour. And this sounds like the group for me.

Last edited by tyla; 05-18-2012 at 10:04 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:44 AM   #262  

Welcome to our group tyla....
Old 05-20-2012, 10:38 AM   #263  

Thank you, Toni. It's great to be with others that are trying to bust sugar, too. I'm sorry to hear that you have a lung infection. That sounds pretty serious. Hope you feel better soon.

Last edited by tyla; 05-20-2012 at 10:40 AM.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #264  

Nice lazy day. Taking out some steaks for dinner and I'll have mine with a baked sweet potato and a veggie. Still not feeling real well so will take it easy and maybe just do some laundry today.
Old 05-20-2012, 11:00 AM   #265  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies. Just in from church. Sitting outside enjoying the beautiful day. DH has 2 trees to plant today. Think I will just watch him.

Toni, hope your ling infection clears up soon.take it easy.

Ellen, you are always cooking for someone,

Tyla & Freyabecca, welcome to our group.goid luck

Have a great week
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 04:23 PM   #266  

Hello everyone! My husband is teaching a six week study on marriage for Sunday school...started today. It went well, so the afternoon is more relaxed than the last few days have been! He is off seeing a movie with our son in law, and I went down to the studio/garagio and threw. Have a few special order mugs to make.

Its getting hot here and I hope and pray the pool man has time to get our liner in this week. Its taking way too long, in my opinion! I am eager to get into the water. The county pools are closed this week. They close the week school gets out to clean and do maintenance on the pools before the summer season starts. Bummer since this week I would have been able to go to water aerobics four days.

I am down another half a pound. Its exciting to be lower than I have been in probably 30 years, and within striking distance of "onederland". I am trying to just stick to my very low carb eating and upping my exercise as much as possible. I hope that the more weight I lose the better my blood sugar numbers will be.

Off to find something cold to drink. And change into something MUCH cooler...wish I could convince myself to lay around in my swimsuit! Why, I could even go play in the hose!!

Tyla! So glad to have you join us!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:51 AM   #267  

I'm happy to report that I did pretty well over the weekend.

Thank you for the warm welcome, Solly and Ellen.

Ellen, congrats on your weight loss! Very inspiring!

Here's wishing us all a great week!

Last edited by tyla; 05-21-2012 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-21-2012, 03:16 PM   #268  

Good afternoon, everyone! Just got in from a trip to Trader Joe's. I got a pound of their uncured chicken hot dogs to try. They are SO good! I am fighting the urge to go down and fix two more!

I spent the morning in the garagio. I threw 12 mugs yesterday and trimmed and pulled handles today. I ruined one, so I have 11 done. It took me several hours...I just can't seem to get faster at this stuff. I now have a good kiln load of bisque stuff to fire. I have a lot of stuff that needs glazing too. Its getting into the time of year where the garagio is NOT very pleasant to work in. Early morning and late at night are the most doable. I sent out an email today too, advertising a pottery camp to some friends for their kids. I hope I can get a few students. If I can do one or two weeks of camps, I will have enough saved to buy a new digital kiln! Got my fingers crossed...

I was pretty excited to see the scale down another pound. I may have reached my 50 pound goal...but I will wait another day just to be sure.

Old 05-21-2012, 05:02 PM   #269  

Just dropping by. Hope everyone is having a good day. Its 75 and beautiful here. Making burritos for dinner.

Ellen-Congrats on losing again. Wow you're doing so good. Keep up that hard work at losing weight....

tyla- Great on getting through the week end.

Solly- How are you feeling today? Did your hubby get the trees planted?

Think I'll have a nice glass of wine and enjoy the weather.
Old 05-22-2012, 12:11 PM   #270  

Just checking in. Still doing ok. It's this upcoming weekend that will be the test.

Hope everyone is doing ok. Good luck, everyone!

Toni, hope you feel better.