General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:01 PM   #136  
TanishaG

S/C/G: 224/224/160

Height: 5 9.5"

Hey all!

Well I made it through day one! I didn't sleep good last night is I was really grouchy today and I am tired now, but hey, onwards and upwards!!

Ellen - thank you so much for the advice. I think the when to weigh seems to just be a matter of choice so I'll see how I get on and what works for me. I think you're right about the sugar. Hopefully once I have done a few weeks of none at all, it will get easier! Btw, your friend is so thoughtful making a gluten free meal for you!! Sounds delicious!

Michelle-you give hope that one day I will be able to have a square of dark chocolate and be satisfied! That day seems waaay far away! 

Solly- I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, I hope you cam work through them and the pain eases a little for you. I hope you managed your treadmill today. When are you going to Jamaica? I would love to vist there nit it's a long way from Scotland!

Off to bed now as I'm on GMT.

Night all. God bless.

Tanisha

Last edited by TeeshG; 02-21-2012 at 07:45 AM. Reason: Mistake
TeeshG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 04:46 AM   #137  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Height: 5.3

Good Tuesday Morning! I missed eveyone's posts from yesterday. Didn't have e-mail notification on
Had a good day yesterday: vigorous excercise twice and no cheating for me...yeah!
Teesh- I What better than to get the ball rolling the start of a new week I pretty much echo Ellen for your answers to your questions above. I struggle with getting enough sleep. No problem falling asleep, just waking early

Ellen: I love water aerobics! It has been chilly here & I find it hard for me to swim when it's cold...rather take that walk bundled up. Sounds like you ate great while dining with your friends...a chef at that! I'm having dinner with parents tomorrow. Will ask them to be supportive of my weight loss efforts & not be offended if I decline on her triple chocolate cake (she is an avid baker).
I finally got my hubby on board with my decision to eat Paleo. Drank some milk in my coffee yesterday for 1st. X in a while. Think I have developed an intolerance in my advancing years You must share with me how you roast your coffee beans!

JoJo- I try not to weight everyday. That was a habit of mine all through these years and my body would fluctuate as much as 5 pounds at any given time of day that I would get discouraged. Now weighing in only once a week, I see my lbs. dropping and I am encouraged again. But then again, if it works for you and you are enjoying the journey then stick with it, I say

SanityNow- I've never tried 'hemp' ice-cream... did you enjoy it? I liked your reference to that song..Ha! (So true for me on many a day). I do so much better also when the bad stuff is cleared out of my pantry & frig
Solly- Thanks so much for the welcome! I'm sorry about your injury. Hate when that happens and I can't work out. Wow! Infusions? Hopefully it will help with the RA. I had chemo for a year and half. It left my bones pretty brittle and my last MRI showed my back is bad especially. It hurts me daily & my extra belly weight doesn't help. Hubby bought me lots of good berries yesterday. Requested blueberry pancakes this morn. Hope my resolve is firm and I stick to my non-dairy gelato & left over London Broil. I noticed how great you are doing so far...love the inspiration! Keep up the good work

Last edited by Michelle Grey; 02-21-2012 at 05:08 AM.
Michelle Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 10:03 AM   #138  
SanityNow

Hi Michelle, I thought the hemp ice cream was good. I tried the mint chip. It was lighter in texture than ice cream and thought more refreshing. I'll probably keep some in the freezer, just for those times that I lose my mind....I know these times will probably come every so often, so I want to be prepared.

Have a great day everyone !
Old 02-21-2012, 10:30 AM   #139  

"...just for those times I lose my mind"

Lol! I know what you mean. I have a houseful of fruit but today the cravings for a Krispy Kreme is killing me

On a side note: do you know how I can include the quote into my post? I am on an iPad.. Don't know if that matters.

Have a blessed day!
Old 02-21-2012, 10:36 AM   #140  
SanityNow

Oh yeah, go into 'quick links' and then to 'edit signature' and then just create a signature.

Instead of having the Kreme, if you have a blender, try a fruit smoothie...even if you use whole milk I think you'll be ahead of the game.

Have a great day !!!
Old 02-22-2012, 04:12 AM   #141  

Thanks! Got it!
Do I need to copy/ paste each time?
Old 02-22-2012, 05:08 AM   #142  

Default Hump day!

Morning all.
Hope everyone enjoyed some much needed rest last night. I am getting better. My insomnia has been off the charts since chemo and menopause ( & now the Femara).

Have been on the PB for 2 and1/2 weeks. Tough going through that crappy carb flu. Still having some headaches which don't help my insomnia.
Was discouraged yesterday after having weighed in at same weight since I began Primal eating. Got some really good advice and encouragement from the forum at Mark's Daily Apple.com

Found that after having eaten a large, meaty breakfast, I wasn't hungry until around 2:00p. So I sauted some veggies in coconut oil--very satisfying!
Hope everyone has a great hump day and... BUST SOME SUGAR!

url=http://www.3fatchicks.com/] [/url]

Last edited by Michelle Grey; 02-22-2012 at 05:36 AM.
Old 02-22-2012, 05:36 AM   #143  

Old 02-22-2012, 10:11 AM   #144  

Morning! I need to walk down and feed my neighbors cats. I overslept and got a phone call from an upset friend. Two strikes that made it impossible to pull it together to get to water aerobics.

Yesterday was chaos! I went shopping in the morning, then cooked all afternoon. My daughter came over and had lunch with me, then I took dinner to a couple with a new baby. I got to sit and hold the baby for an hour while I chatted with them. She is beautiful ...with a head of curly red hair! Came home and ate some dinner and tried to clean the kitchen, then headed over to Starbucks to meet my daughter and her friend. Her friend has moved to Korea to teach English and was leaving this morning after visiting for two weeks. She wanted to see me before she left. I felt very loved!

MICHELLE: I just had an almond meal muffin for breakfast...here is how I make it: 1/3 cup almond flour, 1 egg (I make an egg sub with chia flour as I am allergic to eggs...) 2 T heavy whipping cream (you can sub water, or coconut milk to stay paleo) 1t grapeseed oil. Mix it all up, and put it in a smallish microwavable bowl. (I grease the bowl..) Micro on high for 30 seconds and stir. You can add blueberries, or whatever you like at this point. Just had it with fresh blueberries and it was great! Micro for 1 min. Cool a bit and enjoy! I have that and some bacon or beef jerky for breakfast most mornings.

SANITY: I have seen hemp ice cream...will have to look at it and see if I can have it. Where are you in New York? We have a member who posts occasionally that lives up on the St Lawrence. I got to drive through NY for the first time last fall on the way to Boston. Traffic was horrible, but Manhattan sure looked neat from the expressway!

TEESH: Yep, it will get easier and easier! Just keep telling yourself that when tempted to cheat! I was doing really well before Christmas, and decided to allow myself to cheat on Christmas day. Well, one day stretched into a week and I still am struggling. Wish I had never cheated.

Ok, off to feed the kitties!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 04:53 AM   #145  

Wow. Those muffins sound amazing! Gotta get me some almond flour and get right on these beauties!!

You may not have been able to do your aerobics class but, you were a blessing to 3 different people in one day. That's why you are so loved I would bet))

Last edited by Michelle Grey; 02-23-2012 at 04:54 AM.
Old 02-23-2012, 07:58 AM   #146  

Morning! I have another busy day going...going to walk with a young friend this morning, feed the kitties, then maybe run up and visit with a young woman who married a friend of ours. I know she was not sure about me at first, but has warmed up considerably. Then my art student comes this afternoon. That means I must prepare for her by cleaning off the dining room table and setting up!

I feel like I need a double espresso this morning...not sure why, but I am having a hard time waking up this morning. I slept well.

MICHELLE: You sure were up early!
Old 02-23-2012, 09:54 AM   #147  

What a beautiful day here in the Ozarks. Will walk on the treadmill in a bit but right now its coffee time. Eating is not so good need to shop for some veggies and stuff. I'm out of the healthy stuff. Seems since Christmas I've had such a hard time with my eating. Hopefully will get better soon.

Ellen- Woo Hoo for the walking today. Have a good visit and lesson with your art student...

Michelle- Good morning. Stay strong...You're doing great..

Sanity- I love a smoothie. Have one with vanilla yogurt, 1 froz. banana, 1/2 cup froz. strawberries and a little OJ juice. I also throw some flax seeds ground up in it.

Teesh- Hope you're doing good. One day at a time huh....

Solly- Thinking to of the 17 day diet. It worked so good. But I sure hate those first 17 days. But I'm having trouble with sugar and to much wine.
Hope you're doing alright.

JoJo- Hey good morning to you....

Off to finish watching Rachael Ray and drink more coffee before starting my day.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 05:52 PM   #148  
TanishaG

S/C/G: 224/224/160

Height: 5 9.5"

Hey all!

Just checking in! Hope everyone is good. I've been good the last few days so the scales will hopefully start going down a bit, but boy, have I NOT been fun to live or work with this week! 

Ellen - you sure are a busy bee! I'm sure everyone appreciates the time you give them! This almond muffins sound superb!

Toni - Im sure you will get back on track soon, once you get a good day or 2, you'll be on a roll! Good luck!

I hope everyone else is good!

Tomorrow is Friday - yay! Anyone got any good weekend plans? I'm helping out with a pensioners dinner/dance through my work. They are celebrating the Queen's Jubilee. It should be fun.

TeeshG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 11:16 PM   #149  

Well, I did not go visiting today, but I did run down to the clay supply store and pick up 250 pounds of clay. I also bought a few of their glazes to sample. My favorite glaze is not behaving lately, so I am going to have to retire it. Makes me sad, but it is so iffy, I can't risk using it.

Finished the soup tureen tonight...but I made it into a covered casserole dish instead. Just seemed too small for a soup tureen. Will attempt another one tomorrow.

My little art student did a great job on her painting today. I had her bring her choice of pictures to work from. She brought a picture of the bouncy house caterpillar they rented for her birthday party. I thought it was unusual, but then she has a 'connection' with it, and she really got into doing the painting. She is a lot of fun to have around, talkative, and sharp. We make a pot of tea each week now....today we used a new one I just took out of the kiln! Fun!

TEESH: No exciting weekend plans here...but on Sunday, the search committee is announcing our church's new pastor. THAT is exciting to me! Can't wait!

TONI: You are doing great on the treadmill! You CAN get the eating under control! You have done it before!
Old 02-24-2012, 05:44 AM   #150  

Morning everyone!

I am excited about planting for our summer garden this weekend. Got the soil tilled, adding more peet & manure , then planting lots of greens, several salad varieties, tomatoes, squash, lots of herbs and more

Good morning, Ellen. I am an early riser for certain.
Have you posted any pics of your art? Would love to see it!
Thanks for keeping in touch- I need the accountability

Hi Toni. I'll bet it is beautiful there. We've enjoyed some awesome, spring-like weather here. I echo what Ellen says... You can do this!

Hi Teesh. Hope you have a great weekend and have fun at the jubilee

Sanity, I have not been successful finding the hemp ice- cream. Probably for the best as I would eat the entire container at one sitting for sure! Ha!

Morning, JoJo , Solly and everyone else. Hope you all have a fun filled weekend! I'm off the lace up my walking shoes