General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-08-2012, 10:57 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies, been a busy week. I have mt GS today. He is watching Wipeout now. All he wants to do is play on my IPad. At least they are educational games.

Ellen, you are in my prayers. Hope everything clears up for you.

Toni, we are having chicken pot pie so I am not much help on dinner.

Crystle, you will get that scale down soon. Just keep on trucking at it.

Everyone else, Hi. We miss you.

Off to make a fleece blanket for my GS, Cars & Thoas of course. Have a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 11:09 AM   #92  

S/C/G: 150/136/120

Height: 5'5"

Gonna be doing a lot of baking today and tomorrow morning...wish me luck!!
JoJoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #93  

S/C/G: 172/144.4/130

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Ellen, I hope everything is ok.
ErinT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 09:49 AM   #94  

Morning! I have a Ak Chiro appt this morning...LOVE my AK- about to go down and check on how the kiln is doing. It ought to be close to ready to open.

Saturday is my granddaughter's birthday party. I need to go find her present. She saw a 'craft' desk at a toy store and was really impressed my daughter said...she said, "Like YOURS, Mommy?" (her mom makes and sells incredibly beautiful jewelry on etsy) SO I will head over there if I have time today, or tomorrow to find her the desk. Guess I ought to fill it with large beads and strings, and markers and stuff. She is only three, but when kids live in an atmosphere of creativity and are inclined that way, they usually are very drawn to creating with whatever they can get.

Eating is going well. I have done super the past four days, and my blood sugar has finally come down some! Whew! I was worried. Now, if the scale will oblige me....

ERIN: Thank you. I don't have much hope of resolution and change anytime soon, but I hope I am making progress with handling it.

Off to get dressed!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:20 AM   #95  

That sounds like a neat present for your granddaughter! I would have loved something like that when I was little.

I've been sick and not eating much. Trying to eat more today. I'm down to 156. 6 more pounds to go and I'll be out of the "overweight" BMI range. I am excited for that day.

I ordered 2 new sugar free cookbooks off of Amazon - both made by the owners of Brennan's restaurant in New Orleans. I haven't looked through them much yet, but I'm hoping to find some great new recipes. We all know how boring a low sugar diet can be.
Old 02-09-2012, 01:39 PM   #96  

Height: 5' 7"

Default Howdy

Good afternoon ya'll. Spring is getting closer. I can hardly wait. I got two huge containers ready for lettuce and radishes the other day. I think I'll wait until after the next rain and go ahead and plant them. I also cut the potatoes so they will be ready to plant next week..woo hoo. Once it dries out enough I'll get hubby to plow the rest of the garden. My main planting begin around March 15th. That is when the green beans go in the ground.

I've been working really hard at eating right and working my tooshie off but the scales have only dropped about two pounds. I'm wondering if my messed up sleep schedule or the chemicals from last month's test are what are keeping me from getting back where I was. You never know. Could just be fighting hormones. But at least I KNOW that I'm doing my part.

I know it seems trivial but just one or two more pounds will take the pressure off. Having lost the weight so many times before and watching it creep up is scary. I don't want to undo all my hard work again. I won't undo all my hard work. Valentines will be one year since I've been at goal or below so I can't whine too much.

We tried a new squash this morning. It was a chayote squash. Loved it, it was tasty and had more flavor than I expected. They look funny in the store but if you haven't tried them you should. They are a little firmer than summer squash but not as hard as winter squash. I didn't peel or pit them. Just sliced and sauteed in the pan with a little canola oil, salt and red pepper flakes.

Now that I've ramble on and on about me, how are ya'll doing?

Ellen..May God hold you close and fill you with his peace that passes understanding and wrap you in his love. May the comforter comfort your wounded spirit and help you through.

Toni...I know this was a rough week for you and I want you to know that I have been praying for you as well.

Solly...How old is your grand son now? I am terrible at remembering ages.

Erin..You are SO close. You are totally gonna do this!

JoJo...hope the baking went well.

((Everybody)) Remember you are the BEST you there is and are worth all the hard work and it is hard. You all add something special to the group so thanks for being here and sharing.

God bless,
Crystle
CountryMom4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:34 PM   #97  

Well got my four days on the treadmill done this morning. Had two soft boiled eggs, rye toast and a thin slice of ham for my brunch this morning. Just made DH a container of turkey salad for the week end and saved a hunk of turkey out to slice for sandwiches also. We had turkey enchiladas last night and tonight will have left overs. I'm so happy I roasted that turkey breast and had it cooked in the freezer.

Crystle- Wow I love the garden talk. Congradulations on getting a year in Valentines day. You're such an example.

Erin- Sorry you've been sick. You're really close to your goal. Woopie...

Ellen- Oh my goodness so busy lady. How do you do it all?

JoJo- Happy baking, I hope it turned out good. What all did you make?

Having green tea and watching the doctor's then I'm going to shower....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #98  

Toni - That sounds like an awesome idea. I would love to roast a turkey and then fix different things with it during the week. Maybe I will look through my cookbook and try to find some recipes. I never thought to do turkey salad instead of a chicken salad. What a great idea.

Crystle - I wish I could do a garden, but I have no idea how to grow vegetables in this dry Colorado weather. You're doing great with trying new things. The squash sounds great! Good for you for sticking with your great eating even though the scale isn't doing what you want. That is super frustrating - I know. But my gosh, you have come such a LONG way and you are being super healthy. A little bit of fluctuation is normal, especially when you are trying to maintain.

My husband has decided that he no longer wants to do the no sugar thing. He said he'd support me and we'd keep eating healthy, but he doesn't want to be so restrictive. However, I'm sticking with it. I have PCOS, and am ready for baby #2. A low-sugar diet is one of the things that I have control over that could possibly help my PCOS and get my body working normally, so I will stick with it and see if we can't get pregnant on our own this time (my son was conceived with the help of fertility meds). I'm hopeful that the first pregnancy along with my diet and weight loss will help and that we will have baby #2 on the way in no time!
Old 02-10-2012, 09:09 AM   #99  

Morning! I am heading down to the farmer's market with a friend in a little bit. Wanted to stop in and say hello before I jump in the shower. Eating is still good...scale is not doing a thing, and blood sugar levels are down slightly, but its always a two steps forward, one and a half back kind of thing. Just finished my breakfast of bacon and almond crackers, and a big mug of espresso.

Unloaded a glaze kiln yesterday. I was pretty excited with the salad set I had in it for my nephew's wedding gift. I already have it packed up and ready to ship. I meant to get on the USPS sight and print the label to ship last night, but got distracted. I hope they like it.

ERIN: My husband has kind of followed with me, and eaten what I cooked, but he ate more of what he wanted for his lunches. He keeps chocolate in his desk at work, and eats rice with lunch, or potatoes. At dinner, he pretty much eats what I eat, but adds a banana with peanut butter for 'dessert'. He has a degree in biochemistry and reads a lot, so he won't touch refined sugar if he can avoid it...but all that to say you CAN do it! Fix for meals what you can have, but add the extras as simply as possible, and suggest he eat downright no nos someplace else! The Brennan's were some of the first and biggest names to follow Sugar Busters. I have one of their cookbooks...and their recipes are pretty good! I did not know there was more than one. Guess I will go check it out on Amazon!

COUNTRY: Thank you, sweet friend. I know all things are possible in Him, and I am trying to trust that in HIS time, all things will work out. In the meantime, I feel the prayers of my friends, and its ever so helpful! I am praying for YOU and the scale...

TONI: Way to go on the treadmill! What a great idea to keep cooked turkey in the freezer. I have a whole one in my big freezer...but you may remember how much I love turkey...NOT!...so I have been dragging my feet on fixing it. Now, chicken on the other hand...I got LOTS of it. I really need to defrost the freezer soon. I haven't done it in a while. I hate that job.

Off to get ready for the market!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 03:50 PM   #100  

Erin I have those two cookbooks, and I love them. Hope you enjoy them, as much as I do.
shortstuff5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 06:08 PM   #101  
Hi From Canada, eh?

S/C/G: check the ticker :)

Height: 5'8

hello! I'm usually over at the 100-pound club, but as of the 15th of this month I'm doing a 1 month no-sugar challenge! A guy at work was diagnosed with diabetes, and out of solidarity the gang is giving up the white stuff -- I had no idea it's LURKING everywhere LOL I'll pop in for inspiration I'm sure!
Trazey34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 07:52 PM   #102  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi lades, did a lot of running today trying to get the hot tub running. Noy my stiff body really needs it. It was sad today. We took fown my GS baby bed. We bought him a CARS toddler bed. I made him a CARS Blanket and then a Thomas one he can take home. Getting ready to watch the UK game. We booked a trip to Jamaica for April. Think I can lose 60 lbs by then?????

Ellen, that desk sounds so cute. She will love it. The most important thing is your blood sugar, the scale will move soon.

Toni, wow you are really prepared. That is so important. Goof job.

Jojo, hope you made it through your baking without trouble.

Crystle, congratulations on your anniversary. You know what to do and it will come off. Those tests could have messed you up. My GS will be 3 in July. He is such a big boy now

Erin, hope you are feeling better. You just continue to eat this way and let your husband eat your way and add what he wants.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Tracey, how nice you are supporting your friend.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #103  

S/C/G: 193/176/130

Height: 5'8

I want to jump into this thread Hi everyone!
ilovemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 12:09 PM   #104  

Welcome Trazey and ilovemo!

Trazey, your weight loss is incredible! You are doing great! It will be interesting to see how a month of no sugar shakes things up for you. It took me a little while to get the hang of it, but I'm doing much better with it now.

Solly - Jamaica sounds wonderful! Something to work towards AND look forward to. I am jealous.

I am still losing very regularly. I'm down to 153.8 as of this morning. Looking forward to be out of the 150s very soon. This is the lowest weight I've been since my son was born, plus I'm almost down to my pre-pregnancy weight and am able to wear some of my pre-pregnancy jeans instead of the bigger-than-before jeans I bought when I had to come back to work from maternity leave. It feels great. I am just under 9 lbs away from the 145 that I wanted to be at by April. I feel so much better in my clothes, and about the way I look in general. I can't believe I've lost almost 20 lbs since Christmas just by cutting sugar out of my diet and watching calories.
Old 02-13-2012, 12:44 PM   #105  

Happy Monday everyone. Its snowing so hard here. Brr..... I just got off the treadmill. Had a nice week end.

Erin- Congradulations on losing so much weight. You're doing so good and what an example. Keep up the good work....

ilovemo- Welcome aboard its good to have you. Just jump in. We're a friendly bunch here.

Solly- Awwww Jamaica what a wonderful trip to look forward to. The bed sounds so cute for your GS. Does he love it?

Trazey- Oh my gosh your picture is so wonderful. That sugar is such a hard thing to cope with. It surely is a drug. Welcome here.....

Shortstuff- Howdy welcome here....

Off to have one more cup of coffee. Then into my day....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote