General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-29-2012, 09:24 AM   #166  

Morning! I am about to suit up and head to water aerobics. I have not been for almost two weeks, so I will probably be wiped out when the class is over! I have a job interview this afternoon. Its for the county arts center. It would be loading kilns, mixing glazes, and possibly teaching classes in pottery. Right up my alley! I am not sure I really want it, but thought I would go through the process of applying just in case. My father would be so happy if I got a job in my field! Too bad he did not live to see the day... My husband tells me to take the job only if I really want it. So, we shall see!

I really blew my low carb diet yesterday at lunch. I ate whole wheat bread, and fruit. Interestingly, my blood sugar was not any worse this morning. I am considering that I am not eating enough carbs. Its so hard to work these things out! And one size definitely does NOT fit all!

I hope everyone is doing well! Will check in later!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 02:36 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies, helped a friend set up for a wedding rehearsal dinner. We will work it tonight. So I am home icing my knees and resting my back before tonight. Te dinner is for a good friends son so it will be fun plus getting paid.

Toni, are you ok? We're any of the tornadoes close to you?

Ellen sounds like you have pottery to open a store. MIT would be so much easier if you would bake the muffins and send them to me. Ha ha.

Michelle, congrats on being a 3 year survivor. They say after 5 years is good, but now I worry about it. I didn't before the 5 years. The last two nights I have had to get up and take a half an Ambien. Just couldn't sleep. As soon as I ytake it I am gone. I think it is all in my head. Hope you find some help.

Hope everyone else is doing great. Going to rest awhile.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:51 PM   #168  

I feel guilty didn't get walk in on the treadmill today. Just didn't feel like it maybe later or tomorrow. We've been having some good salads for dinner with this nice weather. Made us a big shrimp salad last night. Yum..... Tonight we're going to grill some stuff. Its been beautiful today and I have the door open. Thank goodness the tornado's missed us the other night.

Ellen- I hope the water aerobics went well for you. I made a nice loaf of rye bread yesterday. I'm just learning how but I do think it came out pretty good.

Solly- Don't work to hard at the wedding. Hope your knees hold out. We were fine with the storms. Not to bad here. But I guess Branson Mo. got it pretty bad.

Michelle- I hope your day is going good. I'm doing some wash right now.

Sarah- How you doing staying away from the white.?

Hope everyone has a good evening.....
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:08 AM   #169  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Height: 5.3

Morning! My sleep seems to be improving. Sleeping straight through until 4:30 this am. 7am yesterday... With no added medication. I believe not eating my sugary bedtime snack has benefits beyond weight control... Like better quality & quantity sleep, as my insulin levels out w/o sugar. No high swings and crashes any longer. Just wondering if my body will ever stop the occasional crave for something sweet?

Moening Ellen. How did the job interview go? Is it just as you had hoped it would be? Water aerobics really helped me for PT after my mastectomy. LOVED it! Don't fret over some grains or fruit now and then. Those 'indulgences' keep us from throwing the towels altogether, IMO. You still ROCK!
@Solly- Yes! Getting paid for something you enjoy anyway--def icing( with butter)! I take it that you had BC also? When and could you share a bit with me?. I've to see my oncologist today for a check up. She wants me to have my ovaries removed to prevent ovarian ca. We'll see & keep you posted.
Thanks for the congratulations and yes, a tiny spark of not if it comes back but
when is it coming back is always back there but I won't allow myself to dwell
there.

Hi Toni! Yes! So relieved the tornados passed you by. I, too missed out on much excercise yesterday. We began our walk around 7:30 when the bottom of the sky feel out on us. It was a dreary rest of the day. Conversely, I
didn't have to to the vegetable garden... Gotta love some rain here and there.
We'll be praying for it soon enough

Go out and make it a wonderful day for yourselves, ladies. You deserve it!
Michelle Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:34 AM   #170  

Morning! We decided to go for a walk last night before dinner. I made the decision to do the three mile loop. It was hard after not doing it for so long, but I am glad we did. I rubbed a blister on my toe, but I will live! We ate dinner late, but boy was I hungry! I was hungry the rest of the night but refrained from eating much. I did have a few pieces of beef jerky before bedtime. Blood sugar was better this morning...

I stayed up late and glazed. I loaded up the kiln and fired it. It fired off at 4:15, so I will not be opening it anytime soon. It takes at least 12 to 14 hours to cool enough, and as full as it was, probably longer.

Today I am running a few errands, then going to visit a young friend and her two little sweet girls. They are 3 and 1..

Off to get the day started! Have a great day and weekend, everyone!
Old 03-02-2012, 01:27 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 172/144.4/130

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Welcome, Sarah!! Congrats on the little one? My baby will be a year old next month. It is AMAZING - seems like just a few weeks ago he was born. It has been a wonderful year.

Hi everyone. I hope you're doing great. I took a little break from the diet. Didn't go overboard, but my weight loss had completely stalled. Started back on Monday and I'm down 3 lbs. So apparently I just needed a jolt.
ErinT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 06:20 AM   #172  

S/C/G: 150/144/125

Height: 5.3

Well, went to my oncologist yesterday. All labs looked very good.. no signs of reccurance
The med she has me taking (Femara) definatley is the culprit in exacerbating my insomnia. Can't do anything about it..hopefully it is a transient SE. But I will see my reg doc next Tues. If not better will ask about sleep aid. Anyone take a sleeping pill befor bedtime that you would recommend?

Hi ErinT! I heard what you're saying about 'staled'. Doc scales were most accurate, unlike mine .. And entire 5 lbs off! I KNEW it! Ha
Have a great day, everyone.
Michelle Grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 03:12 PM   #173  
TanishaG

S/C/G: 224/224/160

Height: 5 9.5"

Hi all!!! Been so busy this past week that I haven't visited here. I did sone running last week and a body combat class and was food with my eating. Was down about 5lbs in total by Friday. However, I've just beet away for a night with my girlfriends, ate too much and drank wine! Back to it tomorrow though!

Hope all is well!!!

Ellen, how did the job interview go?

Erin, well done on the loss!

Michelle, glad you are sleeping better.

Glad everyone is ok , I have seen the tornadoes on the news here

Have a great week everyone

TeeshG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 09:05 AM   #174  

Hi ladies, sitting here enjoying a Greek yogurt parfait with blueberries, blackberries and strawberries, made them in pretty glasses. Maes you feel special. New got about 4" of snow yesterday. Heck I was hoping for summer early. I feel so bad for the people in Indiana after the hurricane and then snow on top of it. We were lucky.spent the afternoon in the a basement but had no damage.

Ellen, how did the job interview go?

Toni, I did walk on the treadmill some yesterday. It has taken a week for my knees to stop hurting & my body to be rested again so I walked about 10 minutes and only at 2.5 mph. I also did some other exercises but must be careful with them.

Erin, sometimes our body needs a jolt. Good job on the 3 lbs.

Teesh, great job on the 5 lbs. I know how that wine can get out of hand.

Michelle, I am an 8 year BC survivor. I am with you on the "not if it come back but when" thinking. But like you try not to dwell on it. The longer you are out the less you think about it but it is always there. While I was doing chemo I took a full Ambien every night. I stopped when I finishedn chemo. After a few years and many other health issues I went back to a half Ambien every night. Now I take them only when I can't sleep. Congrats on your good lab work. I am a lot older than you (59) so my ovaries are dried up and no one has suggested removing them. I know they do that for a lot of younger ladies. If you are finished with having children them it may be a good idea. Ask anything you want, if I can help you I certainly will.

I have done my leg exercises so now to get on the treadmill and do arm exercises. Have a great day.
Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #175  

Morning! Another busy week. Had the grandkids until yesterday. House is blissfully quiet now. LOVE them, but after a while I need some time to regroup.

Several of you asked about the interview....it did not happen. I was told 3 on Wed. Got there, and the supervisor was not there...she was at a meeting. She wanted me to wait until 4-4:30 for her. I chatted with the girl running the pottery studio and a few students until 3:30 but declined waiting on the supervisor. They said they would call and set up an interview once she had a chance to look at her calendar. They never called. I may call them and ask about it, but I may not. I don't HAVE to work...and it would take away time from my own personal work, so just kind of playing it by ear.

Off to teach a drawing lesson today....

Old 03-08-2012, 11:40 AM   #176  

Lost my whole post. Dang it. Just got off the treadmill and have a busy day ahead of me. Hope everyone is fine.
Old 03-08-2012, 01:36 PM   #177  

Hi ladies, have my GS again today. He threw a fit and did not want to go to the sitter. I would have made him but oh we'll. Didn't have anything to do until dinner any way. I have done my exercises and walked n the treadmill all week. Yesterday I walked outside instead. I went through my summer clothes to see what I could take to Jamaica & I only had one pair of shorts that fit. How depressing. Just have to work hard the next four weeks. I am down four pounds this week but want to at least lose ten more before vacation.

Toni, I hate it when I lose a post. Good job on the treadmill.,

Ellen, things happen for a reason so maybe it wasn't meant for you to go back to work. I know what you mean about grand kids. I guess what makes them so great is that they go home. Lol

Everyone else, hope you are doing great.
Old 03-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #178  

Hello, everyone! Just got in from a three mile walk. Relaxing a bit then I am going to go down and fix dinner. I am just going to season some ground chicken and have tortillaless tacos/burritos. I have cheese to make dip and tom can eat beanito chips. I can't have them...too high carb.

Spent all day yesterday cooking collards out of the garden, and defrosting the freezer. I am embarrassed to admit it has been probably five years since I defrosted it last. I really hate that job...but its done and I plan not to wait as long as it is a LOT easier when you do it more regularly! You should have seen the block of ice that came off the ceiling of it! HUGE. I found a few things totally buried in there...one was a pie that I had NO recollection of. Not sure if it was gluten free or not. I tossed it.

Going to have my grandson tomorrow, until Tuesday. I plan to do some art work with him and hopefully spark some interest in drawing with him. He usually tells me he already knows how to draw. Kids!

Been dealing with a stiff neck now for over a week and it keeps getting worse. I imagine its from all the work I have been doing. I threw, fired, glazed and fired again a set of dishes. They are now packed and ready to ship. I am partly down with another set. Only lacks a few pieces. I gave up Facebook for lent...wow...should have done that months ago!

Eating is ok. I over indulged last night when we had dinner with our daughter. She fixed a baked chicken, and I took a simple gluten free blueberry crisp for dessert. I had ice cream though, and tasted some raspberry gelato she had. Ug! Hope the walk today will keep it from hurting my blood glucose levels.

Hope everyone is doing well!

SOLLY: Oh! Jamaica! We have Jamaican friends, and I really want to go there some day. LOVE the food... Patties and jerk.. Yes, I agree about the job. IF they call, I will go for the interview, but I am not desperately wanting it. I have praying that it would happen if it was supposed to ...and not if that was not where I was supposed to be. I can only trust...
Old 03-12-2012, 12:26 PM   #179  

Oh my gosh I didn't get up till 9 this morning. I'm used of getting up between 7 and 8. I don't like the time change. Just got off of the treadmill and had a yogurt. And also weighed this morning. So I hope this is a new start.

Ellen- Your mexican food sounds so good. Thats a great walk. 3 miles wow.

Solly- WOO HOO Four lbs is great. Keep up the good work. I've gained about 7 lbs. of my loss back. Trying hard to get back on track. I need to go back on the 17 DD.

Hi to everyone else. Hope you're having a great Monday.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:50 PM   #180  

Hi ladies, I have has a stomach bug since Saturday. Still not feeling great yet. Just remembered to take a probiotic today so hoping that helps. Bad thing, I haven't eaten hardly anything, had problems at oth ends & I still gained 3 lbs. sure hope it is from not taking my diuretics since last Thursday. So frustrating. I exercised all last week I then to this. I am so tired of not feeling good.

Ellen, kids know everything no matter their age! Hope he takes an interest in the art. Have fun with him. Hope your neck gets better soon. Guess that means we shouldn't work so hard lol.

Toni, sometimes our bodies just need extra sleep. I have had the worst time getting to sleep even with sleeping pills. Just can't shut off the mind. I thought of doing the 17 day diet but just don't like phase one off and don't want to give up my wine even thought I haven't had any in awhile.

Off to watch Body of Proof and then start going to sleep. Have a good Week.