General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 02-13-2012, 01:44 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 172/144.4/130

Height: 5 ft 5 in

Thank you, Toni! UGH, snow. We had plenty of that and some bitter, nasty cold this weekend, too. Glad you had a great weekend. I don't mind a little winter, but it has moved in here and won't leave!
ErinT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:35 PM   #107  
TanishaG

S/C/G: 224/224/160

Height: 5 9.5"

Red face Any low sugar recommendations?

Hey all, I'm new here tonight! I was bouyed up when I got 2 lovely replies to my introduction, gave me a boost and makes me happy to think there are people out there I can speak to. one of them mentioned this thread, so here I am hoping to get support, inspiration and advice.

Sugar is a real issue for, so much so that I get terrible cravings and eat stuff secretly from my boyfriend!! I eat too much and worry about my health.

Are there any books, websites etc I can look at to help with a low sugar diet to follow. I've calorie counted until the cows come home and I have not stuck to it as I keep going back for the sugar hits and then binge on it.

I don't know if I should just give it up completely or start small with an aim to eventually cutting it out, maybe just having the odd treat. I would not like to be at a point where could never have a bit of birthday cake again, but I would love to get rid of the addiction and be able to have it on my own terms.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help and advice.
TeeshG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:05 PM   #108  

Hey Teesh. Welcome!

I'm kind of following the sugar busters plan. They have some information on their website that can be helpful to start with as far as lists of what is acceptable and what is not. The biggest obstacle for me was getting sick of eating the same things over and over, and luckily I have found some cookbooks to help with that problem. I won't lie - I felt sick the first couple of weeks, but after that stopped, my cravings are gone and I feel so great. I even have an easier time waking up in the morning. Your body is going to be getting used to running on a different type of fuel than it is used to, so give it some time and stick with it!
Old 02-14-2012, 04:47 AM   #109  
TanishaG

Thanks Erin! I'll go and look that up now.

On another subject, how do I get one of this little bars that everyone has that tells of weight loss? Do they come up on every message?

Thanks again.
Old 02-14-2012, 10:04 AM   #110  

Once you get to 20 posts, and the minimum required days of membership (I'm not sure how many that is), it'll give you the option of adding it to your signature. It seemed like it took forever for me to be able to do it!
Old 02-14-2012, 11:27 AM   #111  

I need help! I have to do a lunch meeting tomorrow at Romano's Macaroni Grill! What the heck can I eat there on this diet? Does anyone have any suggestions?
Old 02-14-2012, 11:57 AM   #112  

Erin- Go online and look at their menu it has a lite menu. Get something from there. Be prepared what you're going to order and stick to it.

Just got off the treadmill and it whipped my butt today. Will try to come back later.

Welcome Teesh.......
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:19 PM   #113  
TanishaG

Thanks Toni!
Old 02-15-2012, 08:19 AM   #114  

Good morning! to the new ladies! So nice to have you! Getting sugar out of your diet is hard at first, but after you do and get your body used to it, it is wonderful! No sugar cravings, and renewed energy! Stick to it! Fight like a tiger! Its worth it!

I am cooking for the senior adults at church today. They are so sweet...I do love doing it even though it is often a three day ordeal. Today I am making chicken noodle soup, grilled cheese sandwiches, tossed salad and chocolate cupcakes for dessert. The cupcakes are done, and I am heading over to the church to ice them and sprinkle them with little tiny candy hearts. Then its on to the soup..... I have a couple ladies who come and help, which is great.

I fixed a fancy pork tenderloin last night for dinner. It is served with merlot mushrooms...and boy were they good! That recipe is definitely a keeper!

ilovemo: I notice you are in Chicago. What area? I grew up in Oak Park....

Off to cook!
Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 10:25 AM   #115  

Ellen, I'd love your pork tenderloin recipe! We tried a stuffed peppers recipe last night and it was really good, although next time I make it, I'll change a few things.

My scale has stayed the same all week. Thankfully it hasn't gone up. Hopefully one day I'll have a big loss all of the sudden! Today is my Macaroni Grill lunch. I am kind of dreading it. All I can do is order something off the lite menu and eat protein and veggies and ignore the pasta and bread!

Hope everyone is well.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:51 AM   #116  

Good Morning ladies.... Feeling a little under the weather so think I'll skip the treadmill today. We're supposed to get lots of rain today so its damp and cool. Good day to stay in.

Erin- Good luck at the Macaroni Grill. You can do it plus its good to learn how to eat out healthy.

Ellen- I'll bet your dinner was yummy. Sounds like you've got a big cooking day today. We're going out to dinner Friday to celebrate Valentines Day.

Teesh- Hope you're doing good today.

Back to finish my coffee.... Cooking pork steaks tonight so need to get them thawing. Think I'll bake them in the oven. And have some green beans with them.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2012, 06:18 PM   #117  
TanishaG

Hey all!

I am planning to start my sugar free diet on Sunday. I just realised the other day how bad and upset I was feeling and know I need to do something. I read a really good book recently called the sugar addicts diet, it's a fitness coach and she was addicted to sugar for a ling time. It's interesting because she doesn't make it too sciency (you know what I mean) or boring, I feel like I can relate to her as she is talking about her own experiences and what helped her to combat her addiction. I started a few months ago and I felt great, but then something happened and I lost track. I feel ready now. However my boyfriend's dad us visiting tomorrow and we are going out for some meals and stuff so I figure he is leaving Sunday so I can clear all the junk food out of the house and go to the supermarket and stock up in some good stuff!

It hit me today when I could hardly bend over to tie my shoes and because we have visitors I wasn't able to slob out in a teachable so I was si uncomfortable in ill fittin jeans! It also worried me last night when I watch 'The Biggest Loser UK' and some of the people on there are smaller than me! Yikes!!

I'll keep you all posted!!!

Have a good day!
Old 02-15-2012, 06:19 PM   #118  
TanishaG

Teachable?!? I meant tracksuit! Autocorrect!!! Lol!
Old 02-16-2012, 10:14 AM   #119  

Toni, hope you're feeling better.

Teesha, enjoy your weekend!

I am bummed. I haven't lost anything all week and this morning I weighed and was up half a pound. I don't know why I'm suddenly at a stand still, but it's depressing. I hope the weight starts coming off again soon.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:15 PM   #120  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies, it's been a crazy week. Valentines, bunco, my birthday, dinner with old friends tomorrow night, a birthday party saturday night & a baby shower on Sunday. Not a good week for dieting. I can't walk b/c I have another bakers cyst on my leg. I can hardly bend my leg. Dr said it was from walking. Dammed if you do and dammed if you don't.

Ellen, your dinner sounds so good. Glad you have help with your cooking. Hope things are bette for you.

Toni, hope Roy are feeling better today. It is raining here too.

Erin, you are doing so good. Hang in there rescale will move down. Maybe mix Up your exercise routine or your eating..

Teeth, welcome to our group. Hope you get all our bad stuff out of the house. You may have a headache from sugar withdrawal,but hang in there. It gets better.

Mo, welcome to our group.

Hubby just came home. Guess I will find something for dinner. Shouldnt vhave to cook on my birthday. Oh well. Have a great day.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote