General Diet Plans and Questions General diet questions, support for various diet plans other than those listed below.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:02 PM   #331  

Hello! Worked on moose head some more. Praying it dries enough to get it done by Sunday. I still need to figure out how to attach it to the board to hang it, and how to do the antlers. Those will not be insurmountable, if I can just get the paper mache to dry!

SOLLY: My grandson hated the beach when he was about 2. My daughter took him to visit friends in Florida...she had to buy him some beach socks/shoes as he hated the way the sand felt on his feet. He is over that now, thankfully! I hope the rest of the family is having a good time, even if the little guy is not having as much fun as you hoped!

TONI: Don't you just hate it when you go to a restaurant and when you are done, its a disappointment and you wish you had ordered something else? I have done that, and it irks me. I like to look online now and see if the place has a menu posted. Then I can think about it before I go and decide what is the best choice. One of our favorite places to eat, where we can get low carb, gluten free stuff easily, is Outback Steak House. I will admit their blooming onion is a big temptation, but Tom can't have it and I am certainly not going to eat it alone!

Off to bed! Tomorrow I will have BOTH grandkids, while one's mom goes to her doctor appt. (only four weeks until #3 arrives!) and the other's usual babysitter has to attend a funeral. Should be fun. I anticipate spending a lot of time in the pool with them!

Ellen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:11 PM   #332  

Had a great day. Went for a ride with DH and out to lunch at Applebees. I'm still full so think I'll skip dinner. DH saids the same. Tomorrow we're going out on our ATV and enjoy the woods. Got little tomatoes all over my tomato plants. Can't wait till they're ripe.

Ellen- I love Outback to eat at. To bad the nearest one is 3 hours away. Hope your moose head came out good.

Solly- Hope you're having a blast. Isn't that funny with little ones and the sand.
Toni48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:48 AM   #333  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

Default Hello!

Hello there! Glad I found y'all ... have been poking around the last few days investigating a lower-carb lifestyle ... I'm glad it's Wednesday cuz that means our library will be open and I can pick up a copy of "Sugar Busters" ... I probably won't actually begin new WOE until the weekend but I'm lurking and learning!
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 01:36 PM   #334  

Hi there, Ladynredd! We are a smallish group, but its a good one! Some of us have been doing Sugar Busters for a long time...so I hope we can give you some good support! Just don't give up on us, ok? Its especially slow right now because its vacation time....

For me, its VBS week and I am cooking dinner each night for about 120. So far, its been good, but last night I ate too many dogs in sleeping bags! At least I used golden wheat biscuits, but they were WAY too many carbs for me!

Tonight is better...we are having foil packet dinners with chicken and veggies.

Ok...off to work on dinner!
Old 07-18-2012, 01:58 PM   #335  

Good afternoon. Welcome ladynred. Glad to have you aboard. Only got one day in on the treadmill this week. Seems I've been running around everyday. Maybe at 2 I'll go in and walk on it a bit today.

Ellen- How do you do the chicken in foil. That sounds interesting and allot of work for 120 people. But a great idea.

Going off to watch my soap opera....
Old 07-19-2012, 10:13 AM   #336  

S/C/G: 285/275.4/125

I was able to pick up a copy of "Sugar Busters" yesterday and read about half of it -- haven't investigated the recipes much yet but think I got the core information.

Had a big wake-up call yesterday -- got a phone call that my very best friend was having a heart attack -- literally. She "only" had a blockage in one artery, which they were able to remove using a stint, and will probably be released tomorrow morning. She knows she needs to change her diet and STOP SMOKING and cut down on the stress in her life as much as possible, but yesterday I found myself reflecting several times on the fact I'm 8 years older and 100 lbs. heavier than she is and that could have been me -- neither of us has any personal or family history of heart problems ...

Do any of you have a cookbook you'd recommend? Most of my "diet" recipes are slanted toward low fat, high carb. I have a recipe for a "skinny zucchini pie" that I'm trying to lighten up. Am I correct that, from a carb standpoint, I'm better off cooking with heavy cream than low fat or nonfat milk? What about yogurt, do stores even sell a full-fat yogurt? Seems all I see is low fat/nonfat.
ladynredd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:05 PM   #337  

S/C/G: 29 lbs. lost

Height: 5' 4"

I suggest you go to ebay.com and enter sugar busters diet book or sugar busters cookbook. Last time I looked they had bunches of sugar busters
related books for sale. From a carb stand point yes heavy cream and full fat yogurt are lower carb but sugar busters doesn't recomend them. As I recall
about a 2 percent dairy is as high as sugar busters recomends. It says to
eat lean meats and get your fat from things like olive oil and some of the other oils that are good for you. It is not crazy strict, you can have some saturated fat, just not loads of it. Best of luck PS ebay books are mostly used and pretty cheap

Last edited by SlowMovingWoman; 07-19-2012 at 04:49 PM. Reason: adding to post
SlowMovingWoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:56 PM   #338  

LADY: Here are a couple links to the old sugarbusters recipe forums on here. Explore a little and you can probably find a lot more. We had TONS of recipes when we had our own forum....

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/reci...ch-2006-a.html

http://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/recipes-89/
Old 07-20-2012, 11:59 PM   #339  

Oh, and several good cookbooks are Brennans cookbooks, Montignac's, and the Sugarbusters cookbooks. Not sure if I spelled Montignac right...his first name is Michel. He is kind of the father of Sugar Busters...I think the title of his book was Eat Yourself Slim.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:13 AM   #340  

Morning all. Got the air going strong for the heat we're going to have today. I have to go to a baby shower this afternoon. So guess my day is pretty well planned. Made a beautiful shrimp salad last night for dinner. It was so good and refreshing.

ladynredd- Glad you got the book and are reading it. Wouldn't hurt for me to get my copy out and go over it. I'm so sorry about your friend. Glad she came through her heart attack with only a stent. Its a good time to eat healthy lots of fresh veggies and fruit out now.

slowmoving- Welcome aboard. Just jump in here and join us. Those links to the old recipes are great to have. They have some yummy recipe ideas...

Think I'll go finish my coffee and get some breakfast. I have some yummy cantaloupe calling my name.
Old 07-23-2012, 10:37 AM   #341  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies. Don't know what I have been doing but I've not been back here. I've been reading a lot & just staying cool. Going to be 96 today. I have some errands to run & bils to pay. My grandson has his tonsils removed on the 2nd. He snores worse than an old man.

Ellen, boy you are cooking for so many you amaze me. HAve fun with those grandkids.

Toni, hope your shower was fun. Did you get your treadmill in?

Ladyinred, welcome to our group. Glad your friend is ok. Sometimes things like that really make us aware of what we should be doing. Good luck getting started on SB.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #342  

Been trying to do a little bit of house work. I should have started earlier as I've lost my motivation. LOL Did get the laundry done. Its supposed to be 100 today. May need a cold shower....

Solly- How was your vacation? Hope you're feeling well..

Ellen- Are you resting up this week from VBS?

ladyinred- What happened to you? Hows Sugar Busters going?

Off to get some ice tea and maybe a nap.
Old 07-25-2012, 02:38 PM   #343  

Default I'm new to the site.

My husband and I have been both on a low gi diet. (he has lost 20 lbs.) I have just begun to lose some weight. 10 or 12 lbs would leave me very happy. Sugar busters sounds like low gi.. I have tried some of your diets & have liked them.
katlarsen34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:51 AM   #344  

: kat. Glad to have you aboard.
Old 08-02-2012, 05:54 PM   #345  

S/C/G: 257/169/155

Height: 5'6"

Hi ladies, not much opinion, just too hot.. Can't go out unless you are going to a pool. Grandson had his tonsils removed today. He is doing fine & they did not keep him overnight. My daughter did not see any reason for me to be there. Can't wait to see how she feels when she is a grandmother. Ha.

Toni, vacation was ok. GS did not want to eave the condo. Wanted to play trains all the tie. Clean when you want. Today is my cleaning day but went out for breakfast & then to a pool.

Kathy, wecome to our group. Small but good ladies,

Ellen, how are you doing?

We are going to the lake this weekend with old time friends. Next week to my BFF houseboat for the weekend.

Have a good one.
Solly is offline   Reply With Quote