Old 01-18-2008, 01:15 PM   #301  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

LOL Karen if you need to vent and cuss about that darn bumper number you just go right on ahead...we'll listen!

Jen...

Deb...scales are for fish!!!! not to mention they are evil! My favorite chinese dishes are chicken lomein and either Generals chicken or Szechuan chicken. Love me some eggrolls too! Its not so much the chicken but the sauces and of course those noodles! Let me know if you've got an alternative I'd be willing to try!

Kari...cant wait to see the official loss numbers...way to go!!!

Cathy(cat)...

Has anyone ever told you how amazing you guys are? Well you are...Red team rocks sox...thats my dd's saying LOL!
Old 01-18-2008, 01:26 PM   #302  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Roni I'm sorry you've got to deal with that BS.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:49 PM   #303  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Hi all~ got caught up on the posts, not real good on doing personals, yet. It's so cold here!! I've only stuck my nose out to feed the birds today. The sun is out but man that wind is gusty!
My comfort food is cereal. I like to have a bowl in the evenings. My favorite right now is Fiber One Honey clusters. It's sweet and has 13gms of fiber! I do keep Special K chocolatey delight on hand for when I crave chocolate.
Well gotta go finish my domestic goddess duties, I'll check in later.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #304  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Thanks Cat.

I made a couple more Banners if anyone wants to snag'em.

Last edited by Diva; 01-18-2008 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:57 PM   #305  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Knitsforfive, I googled Only 8 for a while to try to find a place to get some in NYC, and I found one (31st and Lex, if anyone else is from here)! It's a bit out of the way for me, but I'll stop by at some point. My favorite is Tasti D-Lite (www.tastidlite.com), which has similar nutritional content and is all-natural, but comes in 100 flavors. I am constantly walking WAY out of my way to find a Tasti D. One time I walked 50 blocks just to get some! The nearest Tasti D to my apartment is about 3/4 mile away, so sometimes I throw on my sweats, run there and grab a to-go cup, then run back and enjoy (it works well now that it's cold, but I don't know about once summer hits). Still, the run is more than burning off the calories I eat from the froyo!

Jen, Ben & Jerry's makes some lighter versions of certain flavors that aren't too bad (at least if you don't eat the whole container! I'm bad at that too...)

Roni, it's SO hard to move to a new place. I studied abroad in Denmark for a summer, and I was living on my own, with unfriendly neighbors, in a strange country - not fun! I still regret now that I spent a lot of time miserable and online with my friends/family from home instead of doing something. Last summer, I was in Florida for an internship where it was the same thing - I didn't know anyone in the whole state! (True, it was still in the USA, but sometimes it didn't seem like it - it was so different from home!) I coped by teaching myself how to cook, reading a lot, and hitting the beach a lot to get a tan (I know that last one isn't healthy, but it was also my chance to be around other people and try to get up the nerve to start a conversation). In the end, I was happy with that summer. I'm very much a people person and very unhappy when I'm alone, so it was a big achievement for me to get through it. And now I'm much better about alone time, and less prone to just get depressed. Are there any new hobbies you can take up? I know those don't help you meet people but sometimes it's good just to be busy, because as someone else said, making friends takes time.
Old 01-18-2008, 01:58 PM   #306  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Roni- You've been through a lot girl...I hope things start to look up for you Whenever you need to vent though, we'll be here for you!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:00 PM   #307  
Ironman in Training

S/C/G: 302/205/150

Height: 5'5

Hi everyone -

I managed to sprain/strain one of my calf muscles about two days ago... doing guess what? Crossing the street. Aren't I talented? It is very frustrating because as you might remember I've been learning to run. Taking it slowly and not overdoing it and then I hurt myself doing a mundane task. Serves me right for trying to sprint across. I had to limp home. At first I thought it might be a tear, but after two days I can mostly walk on it with just a minor pain when it's stretched out all the way so I have to walk slower. I'm hoping it will clear up in a few more days. I was pretty sad about it when it first happened.

So I've had to be more careful about my calories which kinda sucks, and I'll probably have to start over my running program too.

Hope everyone else is having a better week!

-muse
Old 01-18-2008, 02:09 PM   #308  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Thanks girls. And Laura, I think like 15 to 20 minute's a day in the sun is good for you, hehe!

I'm feeling better just venting today so thanks for allowing that. I'm not even on this team this time around, lol! I just feel more comfy here. Once Matt gets home this afternoon I'll be better. I am jsut very over protective.

I'm actually a pretty upbeat person and try to see the positives in everything, but a girl can only take so much, lol! Better to do it here alone than in front of my man or child. I hate crying in front of peoples. I do have a couple of wonderful online friends, and keep in touch with my Mom and best friend from back home on the aim thingy, but yanno, it's not the same as hanging out in REAL life.

Anywho, I hope we all have a great and OP weekend! They are saying we are getting snow...We'll see.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:09 PM   #309  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
The heat and the cock-roaches are anther reason! I HATE them things.
That's funny you should say that...I was just thinking this morning about how great it is that I've not seen one solitary stinking cockroach since we move to Georgia. Just one more reason I love it here! Of course, we moved from Florida where we lived in a house built in the 1970's. And, it was a rental before we bought it and fixed it up so God only knows who lived there before us. We were constantly fighting the cockroaches......the bigger palmetto ones and the nasty little german ones. Yuck!

Roni, we live in the Dallas area. We picked this area because of the schools in our district.....they are awesome! We moved out of Florida because our house was in an area where the gangs were progressively taking over. Now, we live in a more rural area of Georgia where kids are still expected to show respect and manners....and, no thugs allowed! I love it here.

Come home, Girlfriend!

Last edited by GirlyGirlSebas; 01-18-2008 at 02:11 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:12 PM   #310  
HE'S my motivation!

S/C/G: 238.8 / 238.8 / 140

Hey everyone! I am gone for a couple of days and the thread doubles in size lol. I have a bit of a confession but ending with great news.

So, me and my boyfriend pull up to the gym (front row parking) and then leave. We dont go inside nothing. I have a migraine and he is just not feeling well (yes I know excuses). Me - honestly, I dread going to the gym because of all the skinney girls and also I need look at more then just a tv screen or walls and machines around me. So, I caught my second wind (and 3rd, 4th and some of 5th) lol because I call my friend and said lets go walking. (i LOVE walking). We talked about so much, the drama at my job (i walked out crying lol quite the story) and her love life, my love life and anything else we can think of. By the time we got to her car it was 4AM!! We walked for 4 hours!!!! OMG, and let me tell you I AM SOOOOOORRREEEEE!!! I have laundry, and apartment hunting and recycling and cleaning and stuff to do that involve movement but I cant move haha my legs are on strike! hahah but let me tell you I feeeeel good. Wasnt too hungry this morning and had a yogurt so yay!!!!

I say if your tired of the same ol view at the gym, take it to the streets and just walk until you have nothing more to say ...it works!!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:17 PM   #311  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

HA! That's funny! Gf they are ALL over the place in Savannah, especially in the Historic district. I hated them! seriously, when I was 15 my parents had to relocate us because the house we lived in had them so bad I refused to sleep, lol! That's great that you haven't seen any. Thats' one thing i do love about it up here, I haven't seen 1 cockroach or any roaches for that matter. I LOVE it! The ants are bad and wasp in the spring and summer, but I'd take them over a roach anyday.

I also spent about 10 yrs of my life in FL, and I know exactly what you are talking about with them palmetto ones. They chase you!

BTW, I LOVE this site and all of you girls.

Last edited by Diva; 01-18-2008 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 02:24 PM   #312  
Red Team Member

All this talk of cock-roaches is making me itch...YUCK! I would freak out if I saw one of those things, and to see it in my house I think I'd faint!LOL! For real I can hardly handle daddy-long-legs!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:25 PM   #313  
Red Team Member

Glad your feeling better Roni...you come over and chat with us whenever you want girl...we love ya!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:26 PM   #314  

Holy crap Nicoya! I think you exercise more in one exercise session than I do in a week!

I love walking and chatting with a friend. You really do lose track to time!
Old 01-18-2008, 02:26 PM   #315  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

OMG a 4 hour walk! Nicoya you keep these kinds of activities up and you are gonna be skinny! LOL! Way to go!

Eww cockroaches...we dealt with those nasty buggers in Phoenix! YUCK! And those disgusting buggers that are 4 inches long and fly at you! Good riddence! No roaches in Montana!

I was thinking I should wait and ask my partner if I can share our site but then I got to thinking...its out there for anyone and everyone to see anyway so I'm sure she's okay with it. Here it is!

Last edited by Hun.e.B; 01-18-2008 at 03:28 PM.