Old 01-16-2008, 08:58 PM   #196  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Just got back from a kick butt cardio workout....60 min. of intervals on the precore machine...let me tell ya I'm feelin' it Going to log my min. in the exercise challenge~
Old 01-16-2008, 09:04 PM   #197  
Be the change

My day just keeps getting better everyone. The good news is I walked 2.5 miles.

When my sister brought my girls home from Girl Scouts, I asked if her if she would go on a walk with me. So I took all my kids to her house, and she and I headed off for our walk. The exercise really seemed to help and made me feel better.

We were on our last 1/2 mile when my BIL drives up and tells me that my 8 year old just threw up. He drove us back to their house where I got to clean up the whole hallway and bathroom of their house. Evidently, my daughter exploded Girl Scout cookies all over when she barfed. Yeah, that will keep you from wanting to eat any of them.

My sister wins the good friend award because she helped me clean it up. I guess it's good that I can laugh about it. Kids make life so fun! I'll trade with one of you and help someone with math homework instead. Any takers?

Anyhoo . . . thanks for all the well wishes. Hope all of you stay healthy.

I like the idea of making our exercise goals here to encourage us to meet them. Once I am completely well, I will jump in with my goals. I really need to push myself in the intensity of my exercise.
Old 01-16-2008, 09:47 PM   #198  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

I know how i'll reward myself for meeting my goals for this challenge. I'm going to buy tickets to GIGANTOUR 2008!!! Yeaaaaaaaaa!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:37 PM   #199  
TBL - The Red Team

S/C/G: 247.4/204.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Hey red team.....I am so happy to be hear. This is my third week doing WW and in my zone. I have been perfectly on program for 19 days now and working out EVERY DAY. So i'm sure to have a GREAT weightloss this Saturday for our team!

1. What do you prefer we call you? melissa

2. What weightloss plan are you using? WW

3. What is your favorite exercise? I like to switch it up because i get bored easily, I like walking outside, hiking and riding my bike when it's nice out. In the winter i'm a walker and a gym girl. treadmill, elliptical, bike and weights! I am also a crunch queen. I can do situps for days....I do at least 100 a day!

4. What is one area that you struggle? It used to be myportions, but now that i'm in week three i'm not struggling much at all. I'd have to say making sure I get in all 5 of my fruit and veggie servings every day.

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? Exercise, making my plans for exercise and meals and sticking to it!

6. What is your short term goal? To reach my 10% goal for weight watcher which is to lose 24lbs. Once I do that I will work towards my long term goal in small blocks!

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? my 10% goal will be a new pair of sneakers. I made a wish list and each goal I meet, things such as a pedicure, new work out clothes, massage, etc. i'll just start treating myself and knocking things off my list. When I reach my ultimate goal weight I want to go on a cruise!

8. Best weight loss tip? I put quotes up on my refrigerator every day. Drink your water, journal everything you eat and exercise, exercise, exercise. It works if you work it!!

9. Bob or Jillian? Hmmm...that's a tough one! I love them BOTH for different reasons!

10. Tell us about yourself! I'm a 34 year old single mother from Massachsetts. I have one son who is 11 years old and my life is spent taking him to practices and games for soccer, basketball, baseball and BMX racing. I have no life! I have a wonderful boyfriend of 3 years and he has 2 boys 11 and 5. I am a special education teacher, teaching a 5th grade, social emotional and behavioral support classroom. My job is very challenging yet very rewarding. I am in school part time getting my special education license ( may 2008) and my Masters in Special Education (May 2009) I can't wait to be finished with school. My own free time, which i have little of, is spent in the arts. I sing/dance/act/choreograph. I love the theater and have performed in over 20 musicals. I do choreography for local community theater groups and my summer job is choregrapher at a theater camp for kids ages 7 - 15. I also sing back up for an Elvis impersonator. That's about all I have to share!
Old 01-16-2008, 10:40 PM   #200  
TBL - The Red Team

S/C/G: 247.4/204.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Funny story to share! I have been working out big time the past two weeks. I haven't taken a break at all. if I can't make it to the gym I walk outside. Well after shoveling for 90 minutes on Monday and working out for 2 hours STRAIGHT at the gym yesterday during biggest loser...I just wanted to come home from work today, eat dinner and crash. Well my son calls me into his room and I'm like "What do you want?" and he points to the TV. He put my DAnce yOUrself Thin DVD that i got in the mail yesterday into his DVD and told me I needed to get mywork out in. I can't just sit at the computer. LMAO....is that funny or what. My cute, 11 year old drill sergeant of a son made sure I got a workout in. So on my day I was supposed to rest, I got 45 min of cardio in and 100 crunches. Thanks Torre, I felt great, it was just want mom needed! XOXO
Old 01-16-2008, 10:50 PM   #201  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Melissa, how did you like the DVD? It is one of my favorites!
Old 01-17-2008, 05:05 AM   #202  
I am Strong

Smile

So glad to hear you guys are doing well & staying on track! You should be VERY proud!

Cat -- Thanks for the tip about the MP3 player, I'm definitely looking into it because it seems so cool! I'm scouring ebay & amazon to try and get a good deal on one.

Laura -- When I'm doing laps, I like to do breaststroke the most. Lately, I've been doing aquafit classes though (2 times a week). No, I haven't gotten to try circus school yet, so I just can't wait. I wanted to try it after seeing the circus school people train actors when I was working on various film/tv/theatre things. By the way, I'm going to try your bananas in the freezer thing. Sounds like a great idea!

Danielle -- Thanks for the vote of confidence, it really helps.

Melissa -- Thanks for the kind words. I love your avatar, by the way. It's a really great message!!!

Jen -- So sorry you're feeling sick. Sounds like things are hectic for you right now, but you really made me laugh when I read that your daughter "exploded girl scout cookies" all over your sister's house. LOL. Here's hoping you guys all get better ASAP! As for the skydiving, yikes, glad to hear your brother is okay after his close call. Indoor skydiving is cool because you're essentially just flying in a giant vertical wind tunnel. You are not dropped out of anything, you just float around in there, starting from a standing position, from what I understand. Apparently, competitive sky dive teams use these wind tunnels to practice their routines.

Thanks for the lovely messages, everyone!

-Yello.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:47 AM   #203  
Takin' charge of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Barbara...had to go back and look up names LOL! The Biggest Loser Million Pound match up is where you had to get a partner and then you and your partner document your weight loss journey through msn spaces. The deadline for setting up your team and registering your space was 1/11 I believe.
Oh please don't tell me the cut-off was the 11th. I registered our website on the 12th.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:58 AM   #204  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Jen - thanks, that's a little better than what I've found. I'll pick some up next time I decide to brave the 45 minute lines at Trader Joe's (I usually go once every 2 weeks or so). Also, feel better soon!!!

Melissa - welcome! I used to do musical theater and acted in some professional shows when I was a child. I went to NYU for theater in my freshman year of college, but then decided I didn't want to do it as a career, so I transferred and did business. What are your favorite musicals? And what is your favorite part/show you've done? Also, your kid sounds great - I could use some motivation like that!
Old 01-17-2008, 06:59 AM   #205  
Takin' charge of my life!

I am finally done training so should be able to keep up with this place now!! Now I am back to my regular job of helping branch reps out and NOT doing stock trades like I just trained for

My workouts haven't been on par like I have wanted them to be. I bought a new sports bra and workout shirt but have not actually made it to a gym to use them. I have worked out at home, but that's not getting to show off my new duds! Hopefully by Sunday I will have joined a gym...that is a poll question of I have on my million-pound match up space...which gym should I join? The YMCA where it is cheaper and I can work out with 2 former TBL contestants or 24 Hour Fitness where it is closer, one of my friends is a member there, and I can still work out with the 2 former TBL contestants at the Y but pay a higher price
Old 01-17-2008, 07:43 AM   #206  
Sara

S/C/G: 220/see ticker/145

Height: 5"3"

Good morning everyone!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello to everybody before I hed into work. I am going in to weigh in at lunch today so I hope it's good...fingers & toes crossed! Well unfortunately as much as I try I am not able to log in from work as mch as I would love too (I'll try to sneak in there once in a while) but I just wanted to say I love our team ...so inspiry & chatty....you all motivate me more than you can imagine. Now if I could only get my butt in gear and start exercising....oh why, why do I procasinate! THe thing is I love to exercise, its just trying to find the time. If I really wanted to I guess I could wake uo at 5:00am and do it than...yes I will tomorrow morning. Please wish me luck! What I need is Jillian screaming in my ear! Yikes! Anyway, I am sorry I can't do personals...but like I said thank you , you are all so wonderful. Have a great day....will try to check in later! Ciao!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:51 AM   #207  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 191/175.6/172 (WW 10% goal)

Height: 5'4"

Good Morning Red Team! Hope everyone is having a great week

Got on the scale this morning to take a peek and to my dismay I was up! How can this be? I have stuck to my 24 points, I have gone to the gym and done my Jillian workouts to the T. I just don't understand. Anyway, I'll keep moving along, hopefully the scale will down for my Saturday morning WW weigh-in.

On a positive note, I am really enjoying Jillian's Winning by Losing workouts. I have never sweat and kept my HR up as much as this with any of my other weight training programs.

That's all for now - hope everyone has a wonderful OP day!

Deb
Old 01-17-2008, 09:16 AM   #208  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Andi, that's so neat that you might get to work out with TBL contestants! Which ones and how does that work?
Old 01-17-2008, 09:35 AM   #209  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Jen....I hope your little one is feeling better today! I've got an 8 year old too, she's my baby. I think we need to put your whole family in a bubble and get you all well! LOL!

Optimist....what is Gigantour?? LOL

Melissa73...wow I'm shocked at how close we are in many different areas. I'm a WW too! Its so great to see you here I hope you are going to post more often!! Your son is so funny! Good for him for encouraging momma!

Yello...good morning!!

Andi...i could be wrong!! If they still let you register than maybe I am. do you wanna share your site?

Sara....have a great day today!! Good luck with that weighin!! Make sure you come share the good news with us!

Deb...that stupid machine! Who knows why it does what it does, but you know that you are doing what you should be so do not get discouraged. Could be maybe youre body is catching up, could be you are building lean muscle tissue which is a good thing. Maybe its something salty. Just remember...just a number on a stupid machine!! You are doing a fantastic job!! Keep it up!! Are you taking measurements?

Time to wake up the munchkin!
Old 01-17-2008, 09:40 AM   #210  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I had another day right on with points! No exercise again darn it but I have set my goal of doing it twice before the week ends. Plus last night was my last night of having to read 2+ chapters. I've got my final tomorrow though but I can workout and study, cant workout and read.

Today is going to be another great day I can feel it!! Be good to yourself everyone! Just a little early reminder Weigh in for Week 1 is due by 11:59 EST Monday!! Do not forget to post up your weights! Dont want to start off with a freebie right out of the gate!

Okay time to get my oatmeal and get everyone rolling...its 14 degrees right now, makes it tough to get out of bed LOL!! "see" you this afternoon Red team!!