Old 01-16-2008, 04:56 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 283/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Ya I know......I am trying to post a lot this round cause I know this can help me finally be who I know that I can be! You guys are amazing support....something that I really do not have a lot of at home......so it is great to be able to come here and hear of everyone else and know that you are not in the game alone!
Old 01-16-2008, 05:21 PM   #182  
Be the change

Hey Red Team! I'm still sick, but I'm feeling a bit better today. dh got sick this morning. What he has is different, so I'm staying away from him so I don't get another sickness. Keeping our fingers crossed that the kids stay healthy.

I'm missing today's mandatory cookie meeting for the Girl Scout Cookie sale my daughters are doing. That's probably a good thing since I won't have to deal with temptation. My sister is the "Cookie Mom" so I think I can still sign all the permission stuff for the girls to participate.

I didn't exercise yesterday, but I'm going to try to do a bit today. My calories are good.

Cat-- How do like your personal trainer? I keep thinking that could make a huge difference. Maybe I'll make that a reward when I get down to the last 10-15 lbs.

Nicoya-- It sounds like you had such a fun time at the gym! Way to combine working out with fun!

Hun.e.B.-- I'm glad you got yourself some new clothes! I'm the same way with putting off buying new stuff because I'm going to lose weight. But then I feel like a frump because I don't have any cute stuff to wear. I'm glad you're making yourself a priority. I badly need a haircut but I still haven't scheduled it yet.

Emily-- Congrats on the NSV and the loss of inches!

Barbara-- I would get a second opinion or at least clarification on your fitness analysis. The results seem to go against everything I've learned about exercise and losing weight. Who did the fitness analysis? Was it at the gym, or the doctor, or somewhere else? Maybe you could just ask them to clarify it for you. Maybe there was a misunderstanding?

Yello-- Indoor Skydiving? I've never heard of that! I've always wanted to try skydiving, but I plan to wait until my kids grow up (just in case something happens to me). My brother had a very close call with an electric wire when he went skydiving. Is Indoor Skydiving safer?

Tina-- It's great that you have such a wonderful relationship with your MIL.

Cathy-- Moving can be so hard. When dh and I were newlyweds, we moved to Virginia where we didn't know a soul. I was so lonely at first. It was a hard adjustment for me. Eventually it got better. When we moved away a couple years later, I was sad because I had come to know and love many friends there.

Danielle-- It's so hard to exercise when we're out of shape. But we all have to start somewhere. Keep doing Cardio Max and working that booty off! Make Bob proud!

Cathy in Canada-- I hope you feel better soon! It stinks to be sick.

Everyone else
-- I know I'm missing a bunch of you. I hope you're having a great day today. I'm glad we're working through this challenge together. A support system can make all the difference. Thanks everyone!
Old 01-16-2008, 05:27 PM   #183  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Barbara....having a strong support group is going to take you so far in this weightloss battle. Its something that I wish everyone would take advantage of. I'm a huge poster for that reason. Plus the afternoons are my "trouble" time where I tend to want to snack, so keeping myself busy with my paperwork, PTA and homework really helps, so I tend to check in here everytime I break LOL! Whatever it takes to keep us out of trouble right!

Jen....Ugh girl, I'm so sorry you still arent feeling well! And you manage to workout, you are just amazing..I'm healthy and i cant seem to make myself do it!! I need to follow your lead! Speaking of haircuts do you have a Great Clips? They are having a big sale right now...new hair, no guilt! LOL! Feel better soon! Tell dh to keep his sicky germs to himself, no need to share!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:05 PM   #184  
TBL RED TEAM MEMBER

S/C/G: 230/210/140

Height: 5`11

nice to meet you all! I initially lost 20 pounds in the past month but i`m having a hard time keeping up my workout routine. Anyone else having a hard time getting to the gym on a regular basis?
Old 01-16-2008, 06:17 PM   #185  

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISS 1982 View Post
nice to meet you all! I initially lost 20 pounds in the past month but i`m having a hard time keeping up my workout routine. Anyone else having a hard time getting to the gym on a regular basis?
Yes I do right now mostly cause I am currently looking for a job and and short on money for gas and stuff to get there and back so i go when I can but would like it to be everyday! I was also born in 82 like you! Pretty Awesome!

Last edited by Utahgirl1982; 01-16-2008 at 06:19 PM.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:19 PM   #186  
Melissa

me me me!! I have all kinds of good intentions but I've not gotten that first workout in yet! Perhaps we need to come up with a way to challenge each other to start that habit!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:20 PM   #187  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
me me me!! I have all kinds of good intentions but I've not gotten that first workout in yet! Perhaps we need to come up with a way to challenge each other to start that habit!
Hmmm challenges work pretty good.....i know black team wanted to start a challenge for themselves
Old 01-16-2008, 06:21 PM   #188  

S/C/G: 200/199/150

Height: 5'5"

Hi Red Team!

Stayed POP again today. Hope you all had a wonderful day!

Laura - POP=perfect on plan. Same as OP I guess.

Peace Everyone,
Nicole
Old 01-16-2008, 06:24 PM   #189  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good evening ladies~ Well today has not gone as planned, but I'm still heading to the gym today. I have been doing homework with my oldest, and I'm about to pull every hair out of my head. He was wanting to use a homework pass for his math homework. I told him no because he has a math test coming up and his homework would be good practice...I wish I would've let him use the homework pass!LOL I swear out of 20 problems the kids only got 10 of them right...they are silly mistakes. If the kid would write neater maybe he wouldn't make such goofy errors. So now I get to have him do the 10 over and I can re-check them...UGHHH! Going to the gym is going to be like a vacation tonight I had a really nice lunch though with my MIL and SIL and I'm looking forward to a nice relaxing night.

Emily- When your pants are falling off that is always a good sign

Melissa- I love, love, love shopping...to my husbands dismay!LOL! Enjoy your new stuff girl, you deserve it

Cathy/Canada- I hear ya about being glad the holidays are over. I don't work retail, but I am glad to have my house decoration free

Barbara- I had a fitness anaylsis done at my gym awhile back, but I need to have it redone. I did it after a pretty hardcore cardio workout and I've been told you not supposed to do it after working out. This is a great place for support...I agree

Danielle- I am very lucky to have such a wonderful MIL...I have to say she is one of my best friends!

Cassie- UGHHH snow, I'm so over it. I'm ready for springtime

Jen- I hope you start to feel better soon.

Miss 1982- It was hard for me to get back to working out after the holidays, but after a week of going to the gym I'm back into the swing of things Give yourself a few days of working out and see how you feel then.

Well I suppose I should go and finish helping Joey with his homework...if you guys hear a really loud thunk, that will just be me banging my head off the wallLOL! Have a great night ladies~
Old 01-16-2008, 06:31 PM   #190  
Melissa

Enjoy that gym Tina, it sounds like you need it LOL!! I am right there with you on that homework struggle! Dont hurt yourself! LOL!

Way to go sticking to plan today Nicole!! you are doing GREAT!! Keep it up!

So how about this...those of us struggling to get to they gym or get in a workout lets all post up....how much we currently (regularly) exercise. and what is our goal for this week. For instance, I currently do NONE, my goal is to make it to the gym 2 times before this week is over.

We'll start with our goals then I'll make up a list and we are going to hold ourselves accountable and get those workouts in! Your goal will be on display and everyone is gonna be watching so that will give you that much more incentive to get to the gym!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:35 PM   #191  
Domestic Engineer

Tina- how old is your son? I was helping mine with Math the other day and thought the same thing!! He is in grade 4 and they are working on multiplication...stupid mistakes!!!

I'm pretty proud of myself today- I woke up at 5:45 and did one of my cleaning jobs- then came home and ran on the treadmill before getting the kids fed and off to school! I have never done that before! I loved getting it done first thing. I do prefer running mid-morning or after lunch, but I had to be out and about today so it worked perfect. But man, am I tired now! I finished week 2, day 2 of C25K.

Melissa, when are you going to start?!!!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:40 PM   #192  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Enjoy that gym Tina, it sounds like you need it LOL!! I am right there with you on that homework struggle! Dont hurt yourself! LOL!

Way to go sticking to plan today Nicole!! you are doing GREAT!! Keep it up!

So how about this...those of us struggling to get to they gym or get in a workout lets all post up....how much we currently (regularly) exercise. and what is our goal for this week. For instance, I currently do NONE, my goal is to make it to the gym 2 times before this week is over.

We'll start with our goals then I'll make up a list and we are going to hold ourselves accountable and get those workouts in! Your goal will be on display and everyone is gonna be watching so that will give you that much more incentive to get to the gym!

Melissa that is a GREAT IDEA!!!! Mark me down for 5 times either going to the gym or walking for 30 min if I cant go to the gym!
Old 01-16-2008, 06:53 PM   #193  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Emily- He is 11 and in 5th grade and working on multiplication also, but with decimals and what not...I can't stand sloppiness, and that is what his major problem is. I told him I'm going to start getting him that 1st grade paper again so he can write neater That really made him start paying attention. Like I have nothing else to do though, but correct homework all night, and all for very silly reasons! Ughhh I could go on and on...LOL!

Melissa- I've been trying to make the gym 5 times a week, so my goal will be to finish out January with 5 days a week. Speaking of which I'm off to get my gym stuff on...I have to get the heck out of this house before I loose my mind
Old 01-16-2008, 07:09 PM   #194  
Melissa

Okay I got you guys beat because mine is in the 7th grade and I've got to help her with probability, you know the stuff where if there are 23 red balls and 9 black balls and 4 blue balls in a bag what is the probablility that Margaret will pull out a red ball and a blue ball. or solve P(4,6)....NOT FUN!

Emily...oh ya got me! So how bout I start something tonight! Wont be the gym but it'll be something! Just for you!
Old 01-16-2008, 08:26 PM   #195  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Height: 5'4"

Diva - thanks for the info! My cats have been shut in some interesting places too! I think it is the nature of the beast

Jen - glad you are feeling better. Is it Girl Scout cookie time again? I always feel so guilty not buying cookies. I sold gazillions of boxes when I was a scout! Sigh...

Nicole - great job with your eating

Emily - great NSV - woohoo! Great job with your exercise too! Way to go!

Melissa - hope the presentation went well! I would be happy to give you some of our snow - we have plenty to share

Hi to everyone else - I love that our team is so chatty But, I'm having a hard time catching up since I can't log on during the day. I'll do the best I can