Old 01-17-2008, 02:38 PM   #241  
Proud Red Team Member

S/C/G: 276/ticker/123

Height: 5'

Karen~
don't get down on yourself. We all have our moments and funks that we get in. Don't start 2nd guessing yourself either. I do that to myself all the time. And I have to remind myself, that it's not healthy for me to keep doing to myself. You'll make great progress I am sure!! Just keep positive.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:00 PM   #242  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Karen - don't give up! I know for me, my body does a weird thing where it goes up for a bit right before a big drop. Who knows, maybe yours is the same? Just keep pushing through!

DK - I love to cook and I post my recipes every night on my blog. I don't really watch fat (though most of my meals tend to be low fat anyway), but I'm a calorie counter so most meals I make are 500 or fewer. Also, when I post the nutritional results, I link to the custom entry I've made on DailyPlate, so you can see the fat pretty easily with just one extra click. Also, everything I make usually takes half an hour or less (that's from when I step into the kitchen to when all the food is ready and the kithcen is clean again). Hope that helps!
Old 01-17-2008, 03:26 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 210/205/135

Height: 5'4"

Thanks Laura! I am going to check out your blog. With a busy schedule and two kids it sounds like just the thing I am looking for.
Old 01-17-2008, 03:32 PM   #244  

S/C/G: 283/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

So I went back to the gym yesterday and had another guy measure my body fat and he said that it was at 41% which is a lot more believe able me being 270 pounds.....anyway....I still think I have got to lose some lean body mass cause even with me being 41% percent body fat.....if I got down to 25% body fat that would leave me weigh about 183. We will have to see how it goes but at least I know what I have to do to get me looking hot which is the first step right. Well I having been packing and doing outside work.....basically spring cleaning stuff. Well better get back to finishing sweeping and stuff! Hope you all have a great OP day!!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 03:56 PM   #245  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good afternoon Red team!! I have thoroughly enjoyed reading posts this afternoon! I just love everyones response the the question, what I love most is how everyone complimented themselves in answering! You know those positive affirmations are so important! Way to go Red!!

I firmly believe that you get back what you put out into the world, so if we are thinking positive thoughts and believing them, then positive things will come our way. Negative thoughts just hold you back. When you tell yourself you will fail or you cant do something then you wont. Believing you can and you will! Sometimes easier said than done though I know. So keep up that positive energy everyone!

I am forcing myself to skip doing personals this afternoon. I won tickets to a basketball game tonight. Had to answer a radio trivia question..go me! LOL! So that means I've got to bust butt and get some studying done before game time.

Keep up the great work everyone!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 04:19 PM   #246  

Hi all, delighted to be a member of the red team. I'm really trying to get my diet and exercise plan back on track as I have lost my way a bit recently but am pleased to have manage to knock a pound off this week. Here's my notes...

1. What do you prefer we call you? Meech

2. What weightloss plan are you using? Bit of calorie counting and exercise.

3. What is your favorite exercise? I like to ice skate, I'm not that good at it but find it kind of liberating so trying to get back to a rink this month is one of my goals.

4. What is one area that you struggle? Motivation, when my head isn't totally focused on the diet and exercise plan it all goes rapidly downhill

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? When I start exercising I do really enjoy it, its just getting there in the first place.

6. What is your short term goal? 200lbs

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Bit of a makeover

8. Best weight loss tip? Drink lots of water and keep yourself hydrated

9. Bob or Jillian? Bob.

10. Tell us about yourself! I'm 31, married and have shockingly poor self esteem. No children yet but hoping maybe in the next couple of years when the weight comes off and body is much healthier. Work a lot of hours in a pub which means I'm surrounded by a lot of food and drink!

And for the bonus question of the day...
It sounds very very tempting but I got myself in this mess and I don't really believe in quick fixes so common sense says no. Cheese is my big weakness.
Old 01-17-2008, 05:08 PM   #247  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Melissa- Have fun tonight at the game...I don't think I've ever won anything in my life!LOL!

Laura- I'm going to have to check out your blog...I could use some new low calorie recipies to try...I'm also a calorie counter...how many calories do you have daily? Right now I'm calorie cycling so mine range from 2006 as the highest and 1338 as the lowest....the average is 1672 though.

Karen- I have to repeat what all the ladies have said so far...don't beat yourself up. Coming from someone who is really trying to work on that I know it's hard, but it really doesn't help. I know for me the more I beat myself up the more I eat. Hang tight girl it will happen, and knowing your doing everything you can should be a great feeling for you (((((HUGS))))

Barbara- Ohhh I wish I could spring clean...it's so cold here though I just want to get under my blanket

Well I had a talk with the office today about the bus, and the second I said the kids name they rolled their eyes....it seems this boy has been up to no good for quite awhile. The principal was informed though and bus transportation was called and both Madison and Kyle will have their seats moved. I'm glad I spoke up or I'm sure this would just keep happening. I'm getting ready to head to the gym shortly...maybe tonight I can actually come home and watch my tivo...I still have to watch TBL!! I did finish my book today and it was fantastic...time to pick out a new one
Old 01-17-2008, 05:09 PM   #248  
Red Team Member

Welcome Meech
Old 01-17-2008, 05:59 PM   #249  

S/C/G: 283/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina30 View Post
Barbara- Ohhh I wish I could spring clean...it's so cold here though I just want to get under my blanket
See that is the good thing about being in Southern Cali right now is that I am in the desert and you can buy bathing suits in Jan It was a bit nippy out but the sun was shining so I took advantage of it!

Last edited by Utahgirl1982; 01-17-2008 at 05:59 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 06:04 PM   #250  
Melissa

Well aparently the tickets I won are not for tonight they are for sunday LOL...I'm glad I found that out AFTER I spent the last 2 hours getting my study guide done otherwise I'd have procrastinated and now its done so I can focus on studying it!

I'm having a really hard time coming up with healthy dinner ideas that the whole family will like. So I dont have to make 2 meals. So what are some meals that your family enjoys?
Old 01-17-2008, 06:48 PM   #251  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Question of the Day....since yesterday was heavy I'll keep today light! If you got a choice between a personal trainer or a personal chef for your entire weightloss journey. Which would you choose (they would be free of course)?
I would take the trainer. I don't have a problem cooking but I cannot get on track with exercise.
Old 01-17-2008, 08:06 PM   #252  
Red Team Member

3 workouts done....2 left to meet my goal of 5 a week

Melissa- Good thing you checked those tickets before you headed out to the game...that would of stunk!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:20 PM   #253  
Melissa

Way to go Tina!! Showing us all how its done!

I'm just waiting on dinner to finish cooking. I ended up having to make 2 meals because what the girls wanted was just too high in points for me to work around. I probably could have figured it out but thats okay, I'm looking forward to what I did pick out. I had to share though, I went to lunch with dh today, we went to a little mexican place that does burritos I ordered the chicken burrito, cut it in half, wrapped it up and took it home. So I only ate half! So proud of myself. I proved to myself that I could eat out and still stick to my points!
Old 01-17-2008, 08:37 PM   #254  
Maintaining :)

S/C/G: 215/117/120

Jen, that is great news about the cookies - what a great idea! I will definitely ask the next Girl Scout I see

Question - personal trainer for me. I have been calorie counting and cooking for years - this I can do. The exercise is much harder for me. I was a couch potato for so long
What's all this talk of being born in 82? My oldest was born in 82. I'm feeling older by the minute!!

I hope everyone had a great day - I love reading everyone's posts. We have such an active team. Tomorrow is weigh-in day for me. Got my fingers and toes crossed
Old 01-17-2008, 09:46 PM   #255  
Danielle-Red Team Member

2 days in a row of exercise! Woo hoo!

After doing the new Cardio Max dvd yesterday, I woke up today EXTREMELY sore. lol It made for a very long work day being on my feet. I jumped on the elliptical for 30 min. tonight and I'm really glad I did.

Yup, I just may get this workout thing, yet!

My answer to the question of the day:

While it was a tough one to decide, in the end I decided that I would probably take the personal chef. I tend to get stuck in ruts with eating the same ol', same ol' and get bored. Working out I think I could manage on my own as once I get going and string a few days along in a row I get into a zone. HOWEVER, if it were Bob coming to train me I'd pretend I didn't know zip about exercise! Train away Bobby boy!!