Old 01-17-2008, 10:33 PM   #256  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Meech - welcome! I love ice skating too; even went so far as to take figure skating classes this fall, which were so much fun. Good luck finding a rink!

Tina - I use DailyPlate to track my calories, which automatically updates my level based on my weight every week. This week my daily calorie goal is 1403. I aim to hit that every day, but I end up cycling just because some days I end up over and some days under. Today I went out for a business lunch and finished the meal this bread pudding that was absolute HEAVEN... but it was 700 calories (at least, my best guess when comparing to other known bread pudding counts - I used something from Cosi as a substitute). That really messed me up today, but I had a salad for dinner (64 cals total with dressing, because I make my own), and after exercising, ended up a bit under. However, I don't trust the exercise counts, and always awesome my real net calories are somewhere between the total I ate and what it tells me as net exercise. I normally aim for 300 cal breakfast, 100 cal morning snack, 400 cal lunch, 100 cal afternoon snack, 400 cal dinner, 100 cal evening snack. However, I mix those up a lot depending on what I'm in the mood for. Today was definitely not typical!

For those who said they were going to check out my blog for recipe ideas, I feel a bit guilty because I didn't post any today! And I think I'm going away Sunday/Monday, so there won't be any new ones then. There are still almost 30 meals on there though, and I try to add new ones every day, so I should add at least one or two tomorrow and Saturday. Suggestions are welcome!

Last edited by Scenestealer; 01-17-2008 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:52 PM   #257  
TBL - The Red Team

S/C/G: 247.4/204.8/165

Height: 5'10"

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountingDown View Post
Melissa, how did you like the DVD? It is one of my favorites!
It was a good and fun workout! Nice way to get an extra 45 minutes of cardio!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:59 PM   #258  
TBL - The Red Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenestealer View Post
Melissa - welcome! I used to do musical theater and acted in some professional shows when I was a child. I went to NYU for theater in my freshman year of college, but then decided I didn't want to do it as a career, so I transferred and did business. What are your favorite musicals? And what is your favorite part/show you've done? Also, your kid sounds great - I could use some motivation like that!
Some of my favorite musicals are Thoroughly Modern Millie, Rent, and Aida! There are so many that I've seen and love it's so hard to really pick favorites, but these three really come to mind as some favorites.

Let's see, with performing it's hard to pick my favorite role as well. I'd have to pick a few: The Witch in Into The Woods, Lucy in You're a Good Man Charlie Brown, Polly Baker in Crazy For You, Rosie in Bye Bye Birdie and Magenta in Rocky Horror Picture Show!

I also had the priviliege of originating a role in an original musical. The Ghost "Edie O'Reilly" in the Original Cast of In Good Spirits which the premeire was performed at the Broadbrook Opera House in Broadbrook, CT. It was a really fun role and we went to a recording studio to record a CD and everything. It was a really good experience! I have a few friends that went to NYU, so I hung out there quite a few times!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:02 PM   #259  
TBL - The Red Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Melissa73...wow I'm shocked at how close we are in many different areas. I'm a WW too! Its so great to see you here I hope you are going to post more often!! Your son is so funny! Good for him for encouraging momma!
It is funny how much we have in common. Even our name. I'll post in the evenings as much as possible but I"m an elementary school teacher and I may not be able to post at school. They tend to block access through our network to any message boards. But I will try to check in every night!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:05 PM   #260  
TBL - The Red Team

Quote:
Question of the Day....since yesterday was heavy I'll keep today light! If you got a choice between a personal trainer or a personal chef for your entire weightloss journey. Which would you choose (they would be free of course)?
I definitley have to say a personal trainer. My mom and I love to cook and don't have any problems with planning our meals and making healthy dinners. But I would love to REALLY now what to do inthe gym and how to get those target areas....and ESPECIALLY would love to really be pushed by somebody!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:09 PM   #261  
TBL - The Red Team

[QUOTE=jlbake;2004782[B]Melissa73[/B]-- Your son is so cute. It's sweet that he's being so supportive. Just don't tell him I called him sweet. That's probably worse than death for an 11 year old boy. [QUOTE]

ha ha ha very true. But I tell him how sweet and cute he is all the time. I can do that, i'm the mom and I love to tease him anyway!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:17 PM   #262  
TBL - The Red Team

Quote:
Well aparently the tickets I won are not for tonight they are for sunday LOL...I'm glad I found that out AFTER I spent the last 2 hours getting my study guide done otherwise I'd have procrastinated and now its done so I can focus on studying it!

I'm having a really hard time coming up with healthy dinner ideas that the whole family will like. So I dont have to make 2 meals. So what are some meals that your family enjoys?

Melissa: Glad that you found out before hand. YIKES! Well, I hope you enjoy the game Sunday.

ABout the meals, my mom and I try to cook a healthy dinner every night. Tuesday night we had haddock and just put a light breading on them, lemon, salt and pepper and baked the filets. I made basmati brown rice, rice and my mom steamed cauliflower and broccoli. for 6oz of fish 4pts, 1c of rice 3pts and all the salad and veggies we wanted our entire dinner was only 7pts. YUMMY.

Tonight we had low point fajitas. Cut up onions, tomatoes, lettuce, get some FF sour cream. Cut up steak into small strips and sautey with peppers and onions. We used low sodium soy sauce, lime juice, salt, pepper, chili pepper. 2oz of the beef was 3pts, as many veggies as you want for 0pts and 2 tbls of FF sour cream 0pts, use some fresh salsa, 0pts and we made mediterranean couscous 2pts for 1/2 c, I took a few more bites of beef and separated my little over 2oz of beef into two fajitas. We used low carb whole wheat tortillas for 1pt each adn I had two fajitas, 1/2 c couscous and a salad for only 9pts.

I'll be sure to share more meals as we make them.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:24 PM   #263  
TBL - The Red Team

ha ha ha going back and looking at page 18, it's mostly posts from me. Sorry, I just took some time to read through most of the posts from the past day or two and replied to some.

It's time for bed and I just completed my 20th day Perfectly On Program for WW. i'm so proud of myself. I was able to get to teh gym tonight while my son was at basketball practice and I pushed myself for the first time in over a year to do some walk/run intervals. I warmed up walking for the first 5 min and then ran 2, walked 3, ran 2, walked 3 and repeated these intervals for 30 minutes. I got 10 min of high intensity and 20 min of moderate intensity...it was a great workout and it felt great to finally start jogging again. Then I did 20 minutes more on the bike and did 30 minutes of weight training (legs, chest, abs and shoulders)

Now i'm exhausted and i'm off to bed. I'm going to see if I can post during my prep period and lunch break from school to keep up more during the day. Because the network blocks many message boards I may not be able to and I"ll just have to check in at night.

Keep up the good work everybody. Red team is going to kick som Booty!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:29 PM   #264  
Takin' charge of my life!

Wow, talkative again today and I am too beat to do personals. I'm just going to do a quick update here:

Got on the scale yesterday. I am down 2 pounds so far for this challenge! Woo-hoo!

I went to 24 Hour Fitness and signed up for a 30-day free trial thanks to the flyer that was in the TBL workout video! Worked out for 30 minutes on the elliptical after signing up and am looking forward to going tomorrow evening!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:49 PM   #265  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

Goodness...pages and pages in this thread, I feel terrible because I am not keeping up well AT ALL. Ugh. lol.
I spent my day doing homework and taking quizzes, all of which I think I did well on. I worked out today, and also stayed within my calorie range....success!
Old 01-17-2008, 11:59 PM   #266  

S/C/G: 214/207/150

Height: 5'7"

Hello everyone, I haven't posted much but I am in the challenge. I have been doing pretty well with watching my intake, but could do a little more with exercise. Yuck! Go red team!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:03 AM   #267  

S/C/G: 214/207/150

Height: 5'7"

Andi18 I had a kitty like that. Her name was Alex, she was a sweetie. She got ill and had to put her to sleep. It was a sad day!
Old 01-18-2008, 06:03 AM   #268  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Talking

~Good morning Red!~

Here's some eye candy to start your day. I know we've seen it before, but one can never get too much Bob.

Old 01-18-2008, 07:14 AM   #269  
Takin' charge of my life!

what an awesome picture to wake up to in the morning! Thanks Roni

So sorry to hear about your cat floann. They are very pretty cats, of course this one has an evil side to her and we don't like each other! haha
Old 01-18-2008, 07:29 AM   #270  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

I so wish I could stand on a bosu ball on one foot (for more than 5 seconds, yes I've tried it) and not fall off!!! Yummy, bob, he's wonderfulicious!!! Roni, you get triple points for that, one for the picture, two for being a southern gal, and three for being a "rocker chick" as put it!!!

Have a good day ladies!

Last edited by OptimistK; 01-18-2008 at 07:35 AM.