Old 01-17-2008, 12:28 PM   #226  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

This afternoon I’m going to help in Madison’s class, and while I’m there I’m having a little chat with the principal. Madison has been having trouble with a kid on her bus. This little butthole is spitting at her, pulling her hair, and telling her he is going to kill her. I talked to the bus driver yesterday, but she just said I’ll keep an eye on it. I don’t want to get the bus driver in trouble, but I want Madison’s seat moved and I want the kid to recieve some sort of warning or something. I mean spitting in someones face is unexecptable to me, and pulling her hair. Nope not my little girl. Kyle has also told me this kid picks on him, so he must be a real doosy!

I'm shocked that the busdriver didn't so something about that, that's part of their job, to keep order on the bus. Hope your principal does something. I dunno though, maybe if Madison gave him a good right hook..... Let us know how it goes (((Tina))).
Old 01-17-2008, 12:48 PM   #227  
Takin' charge of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Question of the Day....since yesterday was heavy I'll keep today light! If you got a choice between a personal trainer or a personal chef for your entire weightloss journey. Which would you choose (they would be free of course)?
I would want the personal trainer. I can now handle the food part on my own, but need someone to as far as the working out goes!
Old 01-17-2008, 12:53 PM   #228  

Quote:
well Andi, consulting what I've learned in my behavior modification class I'm currently taking LOL.....I'd say go with 24 hour fitness..its closer and you've got a friend to go with which will up your chances of going LOL!

I really love when i can apply what I've learned to real world! Yes I'm a big nerd!
LOL Love it! I think that is what I have decided on! 24 Hour Fitness it is! LOL That was the same advice my mom gave me!!
Old 01-17-2008, 01:12 PM   #229  

S/C/G: 210/205/135

Height: 5'4"

Tina - that is so stressful when someone is picking on/hurting your kid. My daughter is in kinder and a little boy grabbed her arm the other day and dug his fingernails in. He actually broke the skin! I was so furious when she came home and showed me. The thing that really ticked me off was that she had a sub that day at school. They did not reprimand the little boy or even clean her arm! I wrote an e-mail to the teacher the next day and she is taking care of it. Turns out this is not his first incident. It is really sad to see your kids being treated in that way. If I were you I would make every move needed to make sure your little one is safe. Bullying is a scary thing.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:14 PM   #230  

S/C/G: 210/205/135

Height: 5'4"

Question of the day: I think that I would go with the personal chef. I do good keeping to my scheduled workouts and I have a pretty good amount of variety. What I need is some good ideas for low cal/low fat meals that are quick and easy to prepare. It just gets boring eating the same stuff all the time.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:23 PM   #231  
I am Strong

Smile

Hi all!

Sara, good luck with your weigh-in, but I'm sure you'll do great!

Deb, sorry the weigh-in wasn't fantastic, but those workouts sound killer! Congrats on getting through them!

Melissa, best of luck on the final. Sounds like you've got a ton of stuff going on! Good for you for staying on track with your points!

Tina, I'm so sorry about the situation on the bus. Kids can really be awful, especially when they can get away with the behaviour. Mega points to you for standing up for your child. You go, girl!

As for the trainer vs. chef, I'd pick the chef all the way! I can't be motivated by being yelled at. It SO doesn't work for me. When the trainer on TBL was shouting at bette-sue "are you going to die, bette-sue?" I was like whoa, back off. I would NOT have taken that. Doesn't work for me. I'm odd that way.

-Yello.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:23 PM   #232  
Proud Red Team Member

S/C/G: 276/ticker/123

Height: 5'

Good morning ladies! Well I was so busy yesterday, even though it was my "day off". I didn't have the time to get on here like I had wanted. You all were very busy yesterday though, that's for sure.
Today's question of the day: I would take the personal trainer. I do good with my food. When I want to of course...lol.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:28 PM   #233  
Be the change

Miss1982-- I always have a hard time getting to the gym . . . which is why I work out at home. Congrats on the 20 pound loss! What a great achievement.

Nicole-- You've been doing so great with staying on plan.

Emily-- You are doing awesome! Doing the treadmill right after finishing work!

Barbara & Tina-- You both have great exercise goals!

Laurie-- Don't feel guilty about not buying Girl Scout cookies at all! One of the things I like about our area is that the girls can sell "0" calorie cookies. Since we live close to a military base, supporting the troops is very big. We have a plan called "Operation Thin Mints." If people don't want to be tempted to eat the cookies, they can buy "0" calorie "Operation Thin Mints" and the cookies will be sent to our troops instead. I think it's a great idea for people who want to donate, but don't want cookies in return. I'm not sure if they offer that everywhere, but next time a Girl Scout knocks on your door, you can ask her about it.

Cassie, Laura, Nicoya, Cat, Cathy, Donna, Cathy in Canada, Karen, PurdueGal, Jaime, Muse, Kim, Mom23BC, Kari, Rennie, floann, DK, Tamicka, Debalicious, Cecilia, MSTeacher, Jasmine, buddha_belly-- I'm rooting for all of you!

Danielle-- I love your screen name!

Melissa73-- Your son is so cute. It's sweet that he's being so supportive. Just don't tell him I called him sweet. That's probably worse than death for an 11 year old boy.

Yello-- I'm glad my Girl Scout Cookie story made you laugh. I'm just doing my part to help everyone resist the temptation. About Indoor Skydiving--Once you described it, I remember seeing people do it on tv. I may have to look into that because it sounds like a lot of fun to me.

Sara-- It's so easy to procrastinate our exercise. So just do it! (Putting on my best Jillian voice) Get up and exercise! Are you gonna die if you work your butt off? Great! You'll be my first casualty. (Jillian voice off) (Gentle Bob voice) Come on, you can do it! Just think how great you'll feel when you're all done. (Bob voice off) Sara, Bob just hugged--you are sooooo lucky!

Deb-- Don't worry about the scale being up. Just focus on keeping your points spot on and doing your exercise! Jillian will whip you into shape in no time!

Hun.e.B.-- My family is definitely staying in a bubble today. I canceled the kids' art and music lessons for today so we won't infect anyone else. You are doing so great with your points. Try to exercise just a bit (like 15 minutes) just so you can say you did it. Once finals are over, I'm sure it will be easier to find time to exercise. Good luck on your finals!

Andi-- It think it's very cool that you have the opportunity to workout with Marty and Amy. I'm not sure which gym is better. I would probably go with 24 Hour Fitness because it's closer and you have a friend to help motivate you. But Marty and Amy would be pretty motivating too!

Tina-- I'm so sorry about your kids getting picked on on the bus. That's just awful. I hope the principal is willing to take care of it. Kids need to feel safe when they go to school.

To our lurking friends from other teams-- We miss you!
Old 01-17-2008, 01:30 PM   #234  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsgetnhealthy View Post
Oh my, Dave Mustane!! I had a whole bedroom wall dedicated to him back in the day. We were hanging out in our seats waiting for the crowds to disperse and he came back out on the stage and just walked up to the front and sat down, well we beelined it and I just stood next him, listening to him talk and was just in awe. This was back in the 80's at the Bronco Bowl in Dallas. Thanks OptimistK, that brought back a really good memory.
Lol, anytime!!! Oh how I wish, how I wish I could meet him and the band. That would be so awesome. The other opening acts I'm not too excited to see, but MEGADEATH , ohhhhh yea, I've got to meet them .
Old 01-17-2008, 01:33 PM   #235  
Be the change

Quote:
Question of the Day....since yesterday was heavy I'll keep today light! If you got a choice between a personal trainer or a personal chef for your entire weightloss journey. Which would you choose (they would be free of course)?
I would definitely pick a person chef. I don't like to cook so a chef would be wonderful. I would love gourmet, low calorie food. Yummy!

I'm teaching my oldest daughter to cook so she can help out with dinner too. But she's not always interested in healthy, low calorie meals. She's a super skinny 10 year old.
Old 01-17-2008, 01:46 PM   #236  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
oops Cat I missed you there!! hello! So how do you like having a trainer? I've always wanted to do a session with one just to see how it was.
It's awesome. I am lucky enough to have a free one (one of the perks of being in the Army at this duty station in particular) and she is great. We do group training most of the time, so like 4-5 of us all doing the same things just with different weights and whatnot. No workout is the same. I am really enjoying it!
Old 01-17-2008, 01:54 PM   #237  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina30 View Post
Aren't Marty and Amy married or engaged? They both looked awesome at the finale, have they been able to keep the weight off? That is just so cool, it's like working out with a celeb.
Yes Tina, they are engaged. They are getting married 2 days before my 5 yr anniversary. Oh and as far as the weight, yes, I believe they both have kept most of the weight off. I think they may have gained back a little but are healthy.

Last edited by Andi18; 01-17-2008 at 02:02 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:02 PM   #238  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Well I already have the personal trainer, but if it was a choice I would take the personal chef because I suck at cooking and I think my food choices are screwing me up with my weight loss. I know I would go to cardio classes on my own w/o a trainer.
Old 01-17-2008, 02:15 PM   #239  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimistK View Post
Lol, anytime!!! Oh how I wish, how I wish I could meet him and the band. That would be so awesome. The other opening acts I'm not too excited to see, but MEGADEATH , ohhhhh yea, I've got to meet them .
Just popping in to say Hi Red!!!!! Miss you all. I saw this post and just giggled! It's nice to know I'm not the only rocker chick, hehe!!!
Old 01-17-2008, 02:27 PM   #240  

Quote:
It's a toss up. I would like to do some resistance/strength training but don't exactly know where to start. I am not good at sticking with something unless I have someone there to keep me on track (my Zumba instructor, Leslie Sansone inside my tv, etc). On my own, I'd usually sit on the couch with my legs propped up eating bon bons. (like Peg Bundy!)

One "excuse" I have told myself in the past (am trying to work on this) is that I spend so much time in the kitchen (after I get off of work from my second job) that I don't end up with time to exercise. I need to exercise before I eat, but when I wait to cook dinner until after I exercise, it's 9 pm before I get a chance to have dinner. A personal chef would be able to be cooking my meals while I am exercising. I am a picky eater so the personal chef would have to cook things that I can stomach eating (I'm veggie-challenged, but working on it).

I guess with all of that said, I would probably pick a personal trainer because I could use the knowledge and little extra push. Just not a mean push - not much for someone up in my face screaming.

Well, I'm in a little bit of a funk lately, so I'm not much up to personals. I'll try to make it back later. Like Deb, my scale is up again even when it feels like it shouldn't be. What's frustrating is that my measurements aren't down, but seem to be up too. Or that could be in my head. I always wonder if I sucked my gut in when I measured last time, etc....always second guessing myself. I'm going to spend the weekend re-evaluating my eating. I won't weigh in officially until tomorrow, but I'm afraid my numbers aren't going to be good for the team.

Take care everyone and I'll be reading! You all are GREAT and encouraging me and keeping me from totally giving up. Thanks!