Old 01-18-2008, 11:40 AM   #286  

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that since I started this challenge at my bumper number, my weight gain this week ticks me off even more. Oh well. NOW I'm done and moving on!
Old 01-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #287  
Be the change

Oh Roni! I'm so sorry for what you are going through right now.

When your son gets home from school, give him a great big hug and kiss. I can't imagine sending my kids off like that. You're making me really grateful that we homeschool.

It's so hard to live in a place where you are lonely. Are you interested in attending a church or some kind of charitable organization? I know when I moved across the country to a place where I knew no one, it was getting involved with my church and helping others that really helped me. I hated my job and was very lonely, but I made a lot of friends through my church.

You might want to check the library too. Our library has book groups and knitting groups you can join. Maybe your library might have some groups where you could meet some NICE people.

(((((Roni)))))
Old 01-18-2008, 11:43 AM   #288  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 191/175.6/172 (WW 10% goal)

Height: 5'4"

Happy Friday Red Team! Got another great Jillian workout in last night, the gym was really busy so I had to do some of my circuits a little differently. Tonight will be 1 hour of cardio, let's see if I have enough steam left by the end of the day to get through it.

Thanks for the support yesterday with the scale being up. Got back on it this morning and it was back down. Weird or what? Anyway, I am really trying not to live and die by that silly number, but some days it's really tough...

Karen - I see that we are in the same boat this week. It's really frustrating when you put so much effort into something and the results aren't there. I am just trying to constantly remind myself that what I am doing is good and that all of this hard work will payoff eventually.

Melissa - I have a WW stirfry cookbook - lots of great Chinese inspired recipes in there! Let me know what your favourite dishes are and I'll see if there is anything that might satisfy when your Chinese cravings kick in.

Hope everyone has a terrific Friday!
Old 01-18-2008, 11:44 AM   #289  
Be the change

Karen-- You'll break through that bumper number. I know you can do it. Just give yourself time. We have 12 weeks to change. Just let it go!
Old 01-18-2008, 11:45 AM   #290  
Proud Red Team Member

S/C/G: 276/ticker/123

Height: 5'

Good morning ladies! I weighed myself this morning and I show a good loss. However, tomorrow is my official WI so we'll see how it looks then.
Roni~ I am so sorry to hear about all that! How horrible it must be. I am sure he made it to school fine.
I hope everyone has a great day, no time for personals right now, sorry ladies.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:52 AM   #291  
Be the change

Quote:
Question: What is your comfort food and have you found a way to make it healthy?
My comfort food is . . . drum roll please . . . Ben and Jerry's Ice Cream (followed closely by Chinese food & pizza)! My first thought on how to make it healthier is not to think that "one serving" means the whole carton!

Actually, I do have an ice cream maker so I can make my own, but it's a lot of work and still is a lot of calories. Right now, I'm just keeping the ice cream out of the house and I'm eating Healthy Choice Fudge bars instead. I wouldn't call them healthier, but they are only 100 calories.

I do make my own pizza and Chinese food at home and they are much lower in calories than takeout (less fat too). We actually have a great Japanese restaurant that we get takeout from too. Unfortunately, they don't have any nutritional information, but I know they are healthier than other takeout place because their food is not greasy.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:58 AM   #292  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakses View Post
It's awesome. I am lucky enough to have a free one (one of the perks of being in the Army at this duty station in particular) and she is great. We do group training most of the time, so like 4-5 of us all doing the same things just with different weights and whatnot. No workout is the same. I am really enjoying it!
Cat~
I just saw that you're in Lacey. Are you stationed at Ft. Lewis? We were and lived in Roy for 3yrs. Had my youngest at Madigan.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:30 PM   #293  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Thanks everybody for the Hugs and encouragement. He did get there fine. After I sat here worrying and crying for 30 minutes I gathered myself and called the school 15 mintes later and his teacher said he got there fine and that one of the police officers I pass on a daily basis saw Matt walking and gave him a ride. So that was cool, but he still has to walk home this afternoon, but I worry a little less during the day because it's not so cold and he has friends that would walk with him.

I have actually tried going to church and fitting in here and I just can't seem to click with anyone. The county over from here, people are much nicer, but this county people are just strange and all the other counties will tell you that, lol!

Jess says he is going to fix the brakes (the right way this time) and he'll drive that awful truck to work and I can have my car back so hopefully that's how it'll work out and starting Monday all will be well again. I guess it all just came down on my this morning. A HUGE build up of a lot of little things going wrong. I am homesick and miss my family and I HATE TN. It all got me this morning.

Anywho, I'll be fine and the weird thing, I usually head for the fridge when I am like this and eating is the LAST thing I feel like doing...How weird, lol!

Last edited by Diva; 01-18-2008 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:36 PM   #294  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I have actually tried going to church and fitting in here and I just can't seem to click with anyone. The county over from here, people are much nicer, but this county people are just strange and all the other counties will tell you that, lol!

Anywho, I'll be fine and the weird thing, I usually head for the fridge when I am like this and eating is the LAST thing I feel like doing...How weird, lol!
I have a couple of great friends, but not a lot of friends. It's hard because you can't force a friendship. I really think that you really need that "click." I'm so shy that it doesn't happen much for me.

I'm glad everything worked out okay today with your son. It's a great accomplishment that you didn't turn to food. Way to go!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:39 PM   #295  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksk571 View Post
I'm glad everything worked out okay today with your son. It's a great accomplishment that you didn't turn to food. Way to go!
Thanks.
Old 01-18-2008, 12:47 PM   #296  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Roni- No wonder your having a meltdown girl, that is a lot of *hit to be going through on your own!! I don't know if this is being to personal, but is there a specific reason you have to live there? I would hate being away from my family...I don't know that I could do it! I just couldn't imagine not having anyone to turn to when I was down, happy, whatever...just nobody to share stuff with! People in the south can be very set in their ways...I should know my grandparents are from KY, and they are very set in their ways. When we go there it is like a totally different world to me, not bad just different. Your neighbor sounds like a real witch...some people have no hearts, and you know what you wouldn't want your son in a car with a person like that anyway! Hopefully your truck will be fixed soon, and then things will start going back to normal for you. ((((HUGS GIRL))))) Hang in there! Not turning to food is a big step, focus on that! Hang tight hun~
Old 01-18-2008, 12:52 PM   #297  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

I actually do use a bosu ball to do bosu squats. It's VERY effective b/c not only do you have to activate those muscles to do the moves, you have to have GOOD balance or you're bust your bum! I do mine at the gym, and I do them standing in front of the massage table so if I feel like i'm going to fall I can immediately catch myself.

For beginners it's easier to turn the ball on the flat side and squat on the bulbed portion, but I like to do them with the bulbed part on the ground b/c they're more challenging!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 12:55 PM   #298  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi18 View Post
Wow, talkative again today and I am too beat to do personals. I'm just going to do a quick update here:

Got on the scale yesterday. I am down 2 pounds so far for this challenge! Woo-hoo!

I went to 24 Hour Fitness and signed up for a 30-day free trial thanks to the flyer that was in the TBL workout video! Worked out for 30 minutes on the elliptical after signing up and am looking forward to going tomorrow evening!
Awesome Andi on both!!
Old 01-18-2008, 01:06 PM   #299  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

Tina,
Back in 2000 I was in a very abusive relationship, and going through all the stero-typical stuff women go through in that situation. My parents basically disowned me and we didn't speak for years. That guy made us homeless in 2000 and then again for 6 months in 2001 before I finally had enough (after 911) and got rid of him. I ended up in TN because of him. You are right, I am Southern and a lot of the Old timers are very set in their ways, and I thought it was bad where I am from (GA) but it's WAY worse here. It's almost like a different planet, lol! The guy I am with now is from PA and we had planned on saving and moving to the mountains up there but he got a job that he REALLY loves, so I guess we are here. Plus it takes money to move and we are struggling right now. Sigh... I really do try and make the best of it because the smoky mountains are really very beautiful, it's just the people, yanno?

The parents and I are back to talking as of the last couple of yrs, but it'll never be the same...I have abandonment issues as it is, and well, I just don't think it was right what they did. You DON'T close the door on your child. Mom's family didn't shut the door on HER when SHE hooked up with my abusive, child molesting step father...Nuff said. I have some anger and resentment and as much as I get homesick, I don't really want to move back to GA. The heat and the cock-roaches are anther reason! I HATE them things. It gets hot here but not as bad as in Savannah. So, I am stuck here. Things are fine as long as we have everything we need but Lord, let something go wrong and us ask for help and it's like doors are slammed in our faces.

BTW, PA was a different world to me too, but I liked it. I hate to diss my own, but I find Northern people a lot more open minded and welcoming, yanno?
Old 01-18-2008, 01:08 PM   #300  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

meech....OOOH MY GAWD!! I'd be in **** too LOL! I love baileys and I love cheesecake...ugh! They probably taste like dirt anyway, all mealy and nasty, you dont want any of that!

WOOOOHOOO Tina!! Way to go on that loss lady!! Excellent work! I'm glad to hear things are working out at school. I've had to go rounds with school and someone cyber bullying my dd. Congrats on a very successful week!

Karen...you CAN do this and I know you will succeed! The good thing is you've still got that determination and you are strong so I know you'll muster through this hump in the road! Just keep remembering those goals! You can do it!! I hope you get alot of good info from the book!

Andi...I gotta ask my partner first if its okay to share. I'll be checking out your page as soon as I'm done here!! Thanks so much for sharing!

Diva I am SHOCKED that the schools response to you is to put him in a different school, what a bunch of stuck up snobs! They can transport a student they choose not to! Gimme a break wtf do they think permission slips are for? Tell that man to get your car fixed pronto!