Old 01-16-2008, 02:48 PM   #166  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Yello...indoor skydiving..how exciting!! I would love to be brave enough to try the real thing, but i doubt it'll ever happen. Indoor I could handle! Cant wait to hear how that goes when you reach your goal!

Cathy...isolation can really do a number on us cant it. I dealt with that as a SAHM before good ol internet was popular.

newme4me...have you journaled to get to the underlying reasons why you have those habits? Its not just because of those habits there are reasons in there we make bad choices for ourselves. Like Jillian pointed out you really gotta get in there and soul search for the real reasons for the weight.

Tina...did you get that exercise in??? Just checking on you! LOL! I second Danielle on the MIL stuff!!! Better you than me! LOL!

Danielle....VERY inciteful!! I can tell you journal! LOL!! Thanks so much for sharing my friend! So bob kicked your butt today...literally! LOL! Way to go!

Way to go Cathy!! 2.2 lbs is an excellent weightloss, I just realized we've got 2 cathys I'm gonna have to keep you straight! LOL! you can share your snow with me!!

Karen...thank you so much for sharing your story. I think it really helps us all realize things in our own life to (like you said) get into the WHY we are fat, not the how we got there. Great job on that!

Whew I did it!! LOL! Now to finish lunch!
Old 01-16-2008, 02:50 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 283/Ticker/150

Height: 5'5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Utahgirl....is losing lean muscle tissue really a viable option? My understanding was that we wanted to build lean muscle tissue. And that women could only genetically build so much. Your fitness test is most interesting to me, I'm gonna have to go back to my exercise physiology books and figure that all out again.
That is what the guy told me that did it.......should I ask another opinion?
Old 01-16-2008, 02:55 PM   #168  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Weight Watchers uses Splenda (according to I Ate a Pie) and Yoplait Light, which has 100 calories, uses aspertame. Yoplait regular doesn't have the chemicals, and I eat that sometimes, but it's 170 calories. Unfortunately, I don't think are any good low cal yogurts
Old 01-16-2008, 03:06 PM   #169  
Melissa

I'm thinking you should ask another opinion, it just doesnt sound right to me from what I've learned in classes, but I could be wrong.
Old 01-16-2008, 03:08 PM   #170  
Melissa

oh I get it now, you want a full fat/low cal yogurt, sorry I read that wrong. No, I think you are gonna be hard pressed to find that. Do you have a Trader Joes or a Good Food store? I wonder about something like Tofu or Soy yogurts.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:03 PM   #171  
Melissa

Totally forgot to add earlier today that I was spot on with my points again yesterday!! I do have to confess that I did not workout during BL like I had said that I was going to, 3 chapters was just more than I thought it was going to be and that had to be done. I could have worked out after I was finished reading but that was 1130 at night and I figure its not an excuse if i dont do it then. Just need to learn better time management.

Got my blogging done for the Million Pound matchup. Did I already ask if any other Red teammers were doing this? Sorry if I did I cant remember!

I'm off to work on homework, 2 more chapters of reading and I'm done! Yay! Whats for dinner tonight everyone?? We are having pork tenderloin, broccoli and I'm having brown rice with it. Yummy!
Old 01-16-2008, 04:08 PM   #172  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 289/206.5/140

Height: 5'4"

I will be on later to respond to you all!

Just wanted to check in real fast, lol! It's SNOWING like crazy here!
Old 01-16-2008, 04:15 PM   #173  

Quote:
Got my blogging done for the Million Pound matchup. Did I already ask if any other Red teammers were doing this? Sorry if I did I cant remember!
What is that and can you do it on your own?
Old 01-16-2008, 04:27 PM   #174  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Melissa, I totally love fat-free and low-fat yogurts; I just won't touch any of the chemicals they sometimes put in (Splenda, aspartame, Nutrasweet, etc) to make them more "diet-friendly". I absolutely hate that manufacturers do that! It's basically forcing people to make a choice between being fat or getting cancer, and it seems like a lot of people pick the short term solution. Why not offer a yogurt that just isn't as sweet and you can add your own fruit if you think it's too bitter? Makes sense to me!

Just wanted to let everyone know there's a great interview with Kim (old red team trainer) at Glamour - check it out!
Old 01-16-2008, 04:29 PM   #175  
Melissa

AWWW!! I want snow!! I love snow!! they tell us everyday its gonna snow and we never see a flake! Snows all around us in the mountains but now here in the valley!
Old 01-16-2008, 04:33 PM   #176  
Be the change

Laura-- Have you checked a health food store or do you have a Trader Joe's nearby? We buy Organic Non-Fat Plain Yogurt from Trader Joe's. It has 110 calories per cup and there are no additives. Our health food store also carries similar yogurt.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:34 PM   #177  
Melissa

Barbara...had to go back and look up names LOL! The Biggest Loser Million Pound match up is where you had to get a partner and then you and your partner document your weight loss journey through msn spaces. The deadline for setting up your team and registering your space was 1/11 I believe.

Laura...unfortunately in making things lower in calorie or fat they are forced to add things to make it aesthetically pleasing to customers. Alot of the "light" products get added sugars namely high fructose corn syrup which is the devil itself! I dont so much mind Splenda I use alot of Splenda products but when it comes to buying lowfat I tend to just go with the full fat version. What about plain yogurt? I've never checked out the nutritional value on that. That doesnt have added flavoring so is it lower in sugars?
Old 01-16-2008, 04:38 PM   #178  

Quote:
Barbara...had to go back and look up names LOL! The Biggest Loser Million Pound match up is where you had to get a partner and then you and your partner document your weight loss journey through msn spaces. The deadline for setting up your team and registering your space was 1/11 I believe.
Oh well would not have had a partner to do it with anyway Thanks for the info though!
Old 01-16-2008, 04:42 PM   #179  
Be the change

Laura-- I just checked. Horizon Organic makes a plain organic yogurt that is similar to the kind I buy. You can buy the Horizon Organic brand at your regular grocery store. If your store doesn't carry it, you can often ask them to special order it for you.

Here's a link to the brand: http://www.horizonorganic.com/produc...urt/index.html

If you click on "plain," it will show you the nutritional info.
Old 01-16-2008, 04:51 PM   #180  
Melissa

Its okay Barbara you can still document your journey here with your team!