Old 01-17-2008, 09:42 AM   #211  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Question of the Day....since yesterday was heavy I'll keep today light! If you got a choice between a personal trainer or a personal chef for your entire weightloss journey. Which would you choose (they would be free of course)?
Old 01-17-2008, 09:44 AM   #212  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

well Andi, consulting what I've learned in my behavior modification class I'm currently taking LOL.....I'd say go with 24 hour fitness..its closer and you've got a friend to go with which will up your chances of going LOL!

I really love when i can apply what I've learned to real world! Yes I'm a big nerd!

Last edited by Hun.e.B; 01-17-2008 at 09:48 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:28 AM   #213  
TBL-Red Team Member

S/C/G: (218)205/191.5/130

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Question of the Day....since yesterday was heavy I'll keep today light! If you got a choice between a personal trainer or a personal chef for your entire weightloss journey. Which would you choose (they would be free of course)?
Okay, I will jump right in. I am going to say the personal trainer. At first I was going to say the chef, because loosing weight is ??at least 80% diet. However, I decided the personal trainer because I know what my body needs to lose weight, if I stick with it. The personal trainer would help me to get in great shape and start better habits.

Have a great day!
Old 01-17-2008, 10:36 AM   #214  
Doing it for my future!!!

S/C/G: 280/278/145

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post

Optimist....what is Gigantour?? LOL
Lol, It's a heavy metal music festival hosted by the legendary thrash metal band MEGADETH!!! Yippy!

Oh, and to answer today's question, hmmm, this is a toughie. I'm constantly: changing my cardio interval training routine every 4-6 weeks, reading new material, asking questions here, adding new weight resistance workouts and chaning my resistance training routine also every 4-6 weeks, taking a few training sessions with a trainer all to give myself a challenge. If I'm not exhausted after running, sore after resistance training, and dripping in sweat after both cardio and resistance training, I'm usually disappointed and I feel I havent' challenged myself. I think I've got the whole exercise thing down; I'd like to become a trainer myself after I'm done with my journey.

So to simply answer the question, I'd take the personal chef because I kick my own in the gym.

Last edited by OptimistK; 01-17-2008 at 10:41 AM.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:57 AM   #215  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

OptimistK, I seem to be the opposite of you. I would definitely pick the trainer, because I don't think I work hard enough in the gym, but I love to cook and am great at low-cal meal planning. I would never get a personal chef because I'd miss cooking myself! Maybe we can combine the two of us and get perfect dieters...
Old 01-17-2008, 10:57 AM   #216  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies~ Wow, I’ve been going back to bed after getting Joey off to school, and I have to say although the sleep feels good waking at 9:30 isn’t going to work much longer!LOL! It is so dark and gloomy here today though that it didn’t even feel that late. Yesterday was just a day of uneventful events...that is the best way to describe my day. I did make the gym though for an hour on the precore and read for a bit last night. I have so many shows on my tivo that I’m dying to watch, and just haven’t had the time. This afternoon I’m going to help in Madison’s class, and while I’m there I’m having a little chat with the principal. Madison has been having trouble with a kid on her bus. This little butthole is spitting at her, pulling her hair, and telling her he is going to kill her. I talked to the bus driver yesterday, but she just said I’ll keep an eye on it. I don’t want to get the bus driver in trouble, but I want Madison’s seat moved and I want the kid to recieve some sort of warning or something. I mean spitting in someones face is unexecptable to me, and pulling her hair. Nope not my little girl. Kyle has also told me this kid picks on him, so he must be a real doosy! So that should be interesting. Today I’m going to the gym again, and finishing up some laundry hopefully before I head off to the kids school. Tonight I pray I get some quiet time while Kev is at the gym to watch at least 1 show. Well I better get moving over here. Have a great day ladies~
Old 01-17-2008, 10:58 AM   #217  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Tina, that other kid sounds like such a terror! Hope everything works out for your daughter.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:59 AM   #218  
Red Team Member

Oh I would say a personal chef all the way. My reason being that I don't really have a big problem motivating myself to exercise, but when it comes to eating well that is a different story. I just think to have my meals prepared and there that is what it is would be so cool Cool question
Old 01-17-2008, 11:15 AM   #219  
Takin' charge of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scenestealer View Post
Andi, that's so neat that you might get to work out with TBL contestants! Which ones and how does that work?
Amy & Marty from Season 3 live in the same town I do. They put on a bootcamp 2 days a week, during the winter months it is indoors at the YMCA and it's outdoors during the summer months.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:23 AM   #220  
Red Team Member

Thanks Laura...I'm not going to sit around while this kid acts like a little brat...I sometimes wonder what these parents are like. I mean I don't ever claim that my kids are perfect, but I know for a fact they would never spit in someones face...that is just gross, and especially in this day and age. If things don't get taken care of though I guess I will just start driving them to school. I would feel bad because they both really enjoy riding the bus, but I won't deal with that and neither will my kids.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #221  
Red Team Member

Aren't Marty and Amy married or engaged? They both looked awesome at the finale, have they been able to keep the weight off? That is just so cool, it's like working out with a celeb.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:50 AM   #222  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Utahgirl1982 View Post
Yes I do right now mostly cause I am currently looking for a job and and short on money for gas and stuff to get there and back so i go when I can but would like it to be everyday! I was also born in 82 like you! Pretty Awesome!

I graduated high school in 81. Such youngins.
Old 01-17-2008, 11:51 AM   #223  
Former Quitter

S/C/G: 310/310/180

Height: 5'7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tina30 View Post
This afternoon I’m going to help in Madison’s class, and while I’m there I’m having a little chat with the principal. Madison has been having trouble with a kid on her bus. This little butthole is spitting at her, pulling her hair, and telling her he is going to kill her. I talked to the bus driver yesterday, but she just said I’ll keep an eye on it. I don’t want to get the bus driver in trouble, but I want Madison’s seat moved and I want the kid to recieve some sort of warning or something.
Stinkin brat! IMHO, that bus driver needs to be reprimanded. He should have already been suspended from the bus! Hope everything goes well and Madison can start enjoying her bus rides. Our babies shouldn't have to put up with this crapola!

Oops....I'm not supposed to be hear,huh? Sorry. I just miss some of you guys and like to read the red and black team chats to keep in touch!
Old 01-17-2008, 12:18 PM   #224  
I believe in myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by OptimistK View Post
Lol, It's a heavy metal music festival hosted by the legendary thrash metal band MEGADETH!!! Yippy!

Oh my, Dave Mustane!! I had a whole bedroom wall dedicated to him back in the day. We were hanging out in our seats waiting for the crowds to disperse and he came back out on the stage and just walked up to the front and sat down, well we beelined it and I just stood next him, listening to him talk and was just in awe. This was back in the 80's at the Bronco Bowl in Dallas. Thanks OptimistK, that brought back a really good memory.
Old 01-17-2008, 12:24 PM   #225  
I believe in myself

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post

I would opt for the personal trainer.