Old 01-15-2008, 11:48 PM   #151  
Domestic Engineer

Hope everyone had a great day!!
I'm going to apologize in advance that I'm horrible with personals and in the past it prevented me form posting because I felt bad I couldn't keep up with them.
Anyway- just wanted to report a great NSV. I have a part time cleaning job and tonight at work, my pants kept falling down! LOL Guess I've lost a bit these last couple weeks
Old 01-16-2008, 12:24 AM   #152  
I am Strong

Smile

Haven't yet had the time to read everyone's info, have been away from the computer a lot. I look forward to reading them all, though. Thought I'd post my info before it becomes too off topic in a few days.

1. What do you prefer we call you? Yello.

2. What weightloss plan are you using? Calorie counting (I've also been vegetarian for 8 years. I'd love suggestions for new low-cal veggie meals.)

3. What is your favorite exercise? Swimming.

4. What is one area that you struggle? Physical strength is quite low. Frustrating, but it motivates me to get stronger.

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? Consistancy with swimming twice a week. (Since July)

6. What is your short term goal? Getting to 53 lbs lost. (only 6 lbs left!)

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Hoping to find an underwater MP3 player (to make swimming more fun).

8. Best weight loss tip? Enjoy what you are doing (good food, fun exercise). And be proud of yourself. That'll keep you healthier long-term, even after you've gotten to goal weight.

9. Bob or Jillian? This is my 1st time watching Biggest loser. I've only seen the three episodes so far. I have no real opinion yet. lol. (I'm watching every week now, to make sure I can keep up with what everyone online is talking about.)

10. Tell us about yourself! I'm single, no kids, trying to get stronger. As a reward, I'm going to go indoor skydiving when I feel strong enough to do so. When I get to goal weight, I'm going to a circus school to learn flying trapeze and all sorts of crazy stuff that I can't do at my current weight (and strength). My main goal for losing weight is to get stronger.

-Yello.
Old 01-16-2008, 01:06 AM   #153  
Starting Over

S/C/G: 255/255/155

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellofly View Post
7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? Hoping to find an underwater MP3 player (to make swimming more fun).
http://www.waterproofmusic.com/swimp3.html

I know people who have these and swear by them. I am a former competitive swimmer so my sources are reliable!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:05 AM   #154  
TBL Red Team Member

S/C/G: 132/129/120

Height: 5'4.5"

Counting, my available space in my bedroom is about 4' x 6', plus a bit more in a corner so I go diagonal if I'm doing lying down stuff. Pretty tiny!

Cathy, what's LAWL?

Emily, great job with the pants! I had a situation like that last week at work, and while I was a bit unhappy that my favorite pants didn't fit right, it was GREAT to be smaller. Congrats!

Yello, when I get home today I'll go through my recipes and see which of my favs are vegetarian... I know I have several. What is your favorite swimming stroke? I should really look into an underwater mp3 player too... my biggest reason for not swimming is I get too bored! Circus school sounds SO awesome and unique - have you tried any of that yet? And how did you decide on that?

Cat, thanks for the SwiMP3 recommendation! However, are all underwater mp3 players so expensive for such little space? I hadn't really researched so I had no idea, but $200 seems pricey.

Has anyone here ever tried one of those cases that makes a regular iPod waterproof?
Old 01-16-2008, 09:23 AM   #155  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

I'm running late this morning so I'll be back to catch up with everyone. Please dont stop posting if you cant do personals! Not everyone can do them and thats okay, but your team still wants to hear from you. So just jump in where you can! Doesnt take long to just tell us how you are doing and offer words of encouragement to your team! Dont exclude yourself because we want you here!!

I've got a presentation to make in class today, cant wait for that to be over! 2 more days of class then the finale..yippee!! Then regular semester starts. What happened to my break? LOL!

Have a wonderful day today!! Be good to you!!
Old 01-16-2008, 09:24 AM   #156  
Melissa

almost forgot!

Question of the Day: Last night on the show Jillian asked Ali, why she was fat. So my question to you is...why are you (or were you) fat?
Old 01-16-2008, 09:45 AM   #157  
I believe in myself

S/C/G: 257/200/160

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
almost forgot!

Question of the Day: Last night on the show Jillian asked Ali, why she was fat. So my question to you is...why are you (or were you) fat?
I didn't start gaining weight til I got married. Dh was in flight school got some leave time came back to Texas we got married and I moved back to Alabama with him and no friends, didn't work so I ate. Then months later we got our first duty station, Alaska. I freaked cause I'd only seen frozen tundra on t.v. We took a month to drive up there, gained 20lbs in that month. Got up there, got a job, he was gone all the time so I started working out and eating right and lost the 20lb plus some. Then got pregnant and did lose that baby weight, moved to Washington State, he was gone a lot again, lost some more weight, got preggers again and since then it's just been a real struggle. Same living here, don't have many girlfriends, most ladies around here are 'keeping up with the Jones' type and I'm just not into that. I'm a simple person who takes people as they are and don't like the gossipy junk. Plus I watch enough drama on t.v. that I don't need that in my real life. So I guess going from being a social butterfly and hanging with friends I had since childhood to moving hundreds of miles away from home and being more on my own has contributed to my being fat.
Old 01-16-2008, 10:07 AM   #158  

Quote:
almost forgot!

I have all kinds of excuses for being fat.
I'm an emotional eater, I use food for comfort,
I love food. etc.
But I am fat ---------because I do not eat healthy &
I eat entirely to much and way to many fried foods.
But I am hoping this challenge is going to give me the will power to change my bad eating habits and to finally lose this weight.

Sprinkling

to All Red Team Members
Old 01-16-2008, 10:35 AM   #159  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies~ Well I never did get my exercise in yesterday, but today I'll be at the gym for sure. I'll just make yesterday my day off from the gym and go on my regular day off I had a nice lunch at my MIL's yesterday...she made homemade chicken dumpling soup and chicken salad, two of my fav's We went to see the movie One Missed Call last night. It was okay, kinda your typical cheesy scary movie, but I have to say it had my closing my eyes and screaming, so I enjoyed it. After the movie my whole body was tense....I think from folding myself into a ball during the movie!LOL! We did go out for Mexican last night...now that is my all time favorite food. I did good though with portion control at lunch and dinner, and today I'm back on it, and not feeling guilty about yesterday. I am in the middle of reading a great Nora Roberts book....Honest Illusions, have any of you read it? It is really a good one. I love her though, and reading is an escape for me! Today I'm not to sure what I'm up to. My MIL invited me back for lunch, but I have so much laundry to do, and tomorrow I'm going to my daughters classroom to help. I'll have to see how much I get done between now and when they have to leave for school. I have to still watch TBL and American Idol. I'm going to be having a tivo session tonight while Kev is at the gym Well I should get my butt moving over here. Have a great day ladies~
Old 01-16-2008, 11:37 AM   #160  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Height: 5'4"

Happy Wednesday Red! I hope everyone is having a beautiful day so far!

Tina, so glad you enjoyed your time with MIL! I couldn't be paid enough to spend a second with mine let alone hours. lol It's nice when you can feel no guilt about enjoying a day/night out, isn't it? Good for you!

Cat, I had sort've similar situation myself with leaving "home" to be with dh. Caused lots of weight gain! The areas that we've lived in has alot of "those" typa girls too and I've done my best to stay clear for the most part too. Enough drama in my on real life to be glomming on to someone elses. lol

Melissa, I KNOW you kicked butt on that presentation!

Scenestealer, they have a case to waterproof iPod's? Interesting!

Yello, its great to have you here with us. YES, you can definitely do 6 more pounds! What an awesome accomplishment!! Flying trapeze huh, sounds fun!

jelynn, dropping yer drawers, huh? Guess it's time to invest in a belt?

Utahgirl, wow what a great idea. Sounds like you had a very eye opening experience and it will help you towards your goals! Yay!
Old 01-16-2008, 11:52 AM   #161  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Quote:

It's interesting that you are asking this. When I saw the show and Jillian asked her that, I really connected with Ali in a way. I feel like I've always protected myself with fat as a way of shielding myself from people. If they end up not liking me its because I'm fat, never because of who I truly am. This has always been my way of keeping people at a distance until I truly feel like I can trust them or get to know them. I had horrible childhood experiences with girl friends and I learned to turn to food to "protect" myself. Took me a very long time to admit this. When I got to within 30 lbs of my goal weight a few years back, while I loved how I felt physically, it became increasingly uncomfortable emotionally and socially. I've never been at a healthy weight since my teens and experiencing it as an adult was very strange. More attention, more demands of me (so it felt to me anyways)...all became just too much and thru the last 5 years or so I steadily put all the weight back on again. In hindsight what it really was was me coming out of my shell more, becoming more vocal and more social therefore leading to more interaction,etc.....of course had I known that then I probably wouldn't have regained 80lbs! lol
Old 01-16-2008, 11:59 AM   #162  
Danielle-Red Team Member

Well shoot, I am totally wiped out from all this posting! lol No, actually its because I attempted to do the new Biggest Loser dvd Cardio Max. Good golly was it hard! LOL I was breathing heavy in the warm-ups! Seriously, I barely got thru the warmup and the first 20min. bootcamp with Bob. Ugh, I am SO out of shape!!! Progress not perfection, right girls?! Tomorrow I'll work on it again and see how far I can get. That is, if I can actually move in the morning! Ha!

Have a great day RED!!!

♥danielle
Old 01-16-2008, 12:02 PM   #163  
Cathy

S/C/G: 222/198.4/142

Height: 5'1

Good morning everyone

LAWL- LA weight loss.

I went for WI this morning and I was down 2.2 I wont be posting that as my WI for the week cause I go get weighed again either Friday or Saturday. So I will post that WI. I hope your all having a good day. I am home from work cause I wasnt feeling good. I have the chills, a migraine and just want to crawl into bed.

1. What do you prefer we call you? Cathy

2. What weightloss plan are you using? LA WEIGHT LOSS

3. What is your favorite exercise? walking

4. What is one area that you struggle? getting my exercises in and drinking all my water.

5. What is one area of your weightloss journey that you excel at? Following plan

6. What is your short term goal? Getting under 170

7. What will you reward yourself with when you reach that goal? I havent really made a goal. I have a total goal and thats to get my hernia operated on again. I have a tummy hernia the size of a basketball so losing weight everywherees and not seeing the results as much as I would like to is frustrating. This is my third hernia in the same place and they wont touch me till I lose weight so that has been a big motivation for me.

8. Best weight loss tip? Remember that this is not a diet it is a life journey.

9. Bob or Jillian? I would have to say Bob. Jillian is awesome but I wouldnt be able to have someone scream at me like she does.

10. Tell us about yourself! I am a mom of two teenage kids. A 16 yr old girl and a 13 yr old boy. They are my life. I am married. I work in retail and I live in SNOWY Canada lol...

Have a good day. I am going to go wrap myself in some blankets and enjoy the quietness

Cathy.
Old 01-16-2008, 12:17 PM   #164  

Quote:

Why am I fat? Well here’s a little background on my journey that I had posted in another thread. I used to be very thin (too thin- probably). When I was about 25, I started gaining weight. At the age of 27, I started dating a guy who wasn’t right for me. He was emotionally abusive. At one point, he told me that I was fat (135 pounds at the time – I was 150 pounds when we met) because I was lazy. There were many other non-related things as well which were very damaging to my already (lifelong) unhealthy self-esteem. About the same time things ended with him 3 years later, my best friend began a healthier lifestyle and I was quick to join her. This had nothing to do with my ex – it just happened to coincide with the end of my relationship. I wasn’t losing weight for him; I was doing it for me. My friend and I were also exercising at least 3 times a week together. Within a few months, I was 115 pounds and trying desperately to stop losing weight (wish I had that problem now!)

Within the next year I changed jobs due to layoffs where I worked. My new job consisted of 60 hour work weeks. I stopped exercising; I started eating from vending machines and the cafeteria (worked at a hospital – sad that it’s so easy to eat unhealthy at a hospital cafeteria). Within the next year I had gained 30 pounds – a year after that I had gained an additional 30 pounds. I think the weight gain was the direct result of eating due to depression, stress and anxiety.

Now, I think the key question for me is not why/how I got fat, but more so why I continue to be fat. Part of Ali’s response to Jillian’s question really struck a cord with me. I haven’t really dated much (one short relationship) since the break up with my emotionally abusive boyfriend and that was 6 years ago. I’ve been alone ever since. It’s a lot easier to convince myself that I am alone because I’m a larger girl rather than because I’m boring, unattractive or unlovable. I know in my mind that I’d be a great catch, but due to serious shyness, I don’t ever meet anyone. I’m still trying to conquer the unhealthy self-esteem that was further damaged by the unhealthy relationship I was in. I think in my mind I use the weight to hide behind.
Old 01-16-2008, 02:34 PM   #165  
Melissa

Laura...Yoplait yogurt is 100 calories a serving (sorry thought it was 90) and Weight watchers yogurt is 70 calories a serving. Both of those brands are pretty widely distributed so you should be able to find them in your local grocery store. I think Dannon yogurt is also in that caloric range.

Utahgirl....is losing lean muscle tissue really a viable option? My understanding was that we wanted to build lean muscle tissue. And that women could only genetically build so much. Your fitness test is most interesting to me, I'm gonna have to go back to my exercise physiology books and figure that all out again.

Bear with me, trying to catch up and changing pages LOL!

Last edited by Hun.e.B; 01-16-2008 at 02:49 PM.