Old 01-18-2008, 08:54 AM   #271  
Melissa

S/C/G: TBA/TBA/165

Height: 5'7''

Good Morning Diva!!! LOL!! Yum! What a beautiful man!

melissa73...you just go right on ahead and post all you want!! I try to break my posts up so they arent really long so no worries there!! Keep up that amazing support!

Cassie, please try not to think of the busyness(is that even how you spell it business isnt right LOL) of the board as a bad thing, you dont have to read every post, just jump in there when you've got time. If its something important, trust me you wont miss out because I'll make sure it gets posted over and over so everyone sees it.

Andi...I went in and reread the rules for the Million Pound Matchup and I didnt see in there the deadline of 1/11/08 that I thought I read before. So you should be good. Not sure where I read that maybe I dreamed it LOL! I'd love to see your site if you dont mind sharing.

Okay I'm supposed to be studying, so I better run along! have my final exam today then a 3 day weekend yay!! Have a fantastic Friday Red team!!
Old 01-18-2008, 08:56 AM   #272  
Melissa

Dont forget Week 1 weigh in is due Monday January 21 by 11:59 EST!!!!
Old 01-18-2008, 08:57 AM   #273  
Melissa

And I almost forgot question of the day again! LOL!

Question: What is your comfort food and have you found a way to make it healthy?
Old 01-18-2008, 08:59 AM   #274  
Melissa

My comfort foods are chinese takeout or pizza. I find that when I've had a bad day those are the foods I reach for. I can make the pizza healthy by making it myself. I could also order healthier versions than the usual. Chinese food isnt something I've been able to modify. Again, I can do my own cooking and modify but I generally dont.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:23 AM   #275  
active kids, active mom

Hi Red Team -- happy to be here!

My comfort food is ice cream. I personally think it should be a food group unto itself. Fortunately, a local coffee shop sells ONLY 8, low-glycemic, low-calorie, nothing artificial, and probiotics to boot! You can google only 8 yogurt to find out about it. Without this stuff, I'd be doomed. But we get it by the quart, scoop out a little, top it with cinnamon and 2 or 3 chopped walnuts -- and comfort ensues. When I am really needing a huge chocolate fix, I put 2 T. Sunspire chocolate chips on it instead of walnuts -- or in addition to walnuts.

Last edited by knitsforfive; 01-18-2008 at 09:25 AM.
Old 01-18-2008, 09:43 AM   #276  
Melissa

Yummy! Thats so great that you've found a healthy substitute! Way to go!! I actually really like your ideas too I'm gonna have to google. I do like the Breyers no sugar added icecream, I just figured once you added the toppings though, but see you can do it and still be healthy! Thanks for sharing!
Old 01-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #277  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

My comfort food is chocolate and cereal w/Milk. I don't always have the chocolate but I make sure there's always a box of Special-k and Milk in this house lol! I guess that's not too bad. Good luck on your exam today Melissa!
Old 01-18-2008, 10:25 AM   #278  

Hi all,

Am not even going to think about my comfort food; I'm spoilt for choice. My husband spent this morning making Baileys Chocolate cheesecakes....I am in dieting ****!

I've promised myself today that I'm going to be good for the rest of the day, bit PMTish which makes me carb crave.

Off to do something positive so going to ring round the ice rinks and find out when I can go skate.
Old 01-18-2008, 10:42 AM   #279  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Good morning ladies! Well I had a talk with the office yesterday at school, and the second I mentioned the childs name they all rolled their eyes. It seems causing trouble is not new to this child. The principal was going to have a talk with him and they are going to move Madison and Kyle’s seat, so I was happy with how they handled it. It is so cold here today it’s not even funny, and it’s supposed to be like this all weekend long...good thing my plan was to stay inside anyway Today the kids have an early day. I am so excited I weighed myself this morning and I’m down to 147.5, and when I signed up for the challenge I was 152, so down 4.5 lbs! Pretty cool I have to make the gym 2 more times this week to meet my goal of 5 times a week. I’m for sure going tonight and then again probably Sunday instead of Saturday...I think I’ll be ready for a rest tomorrow! I finally watched TBL last night while Kev was at the gym...it was good. I was very pleased with who got voted off. I still have so many shows to catch up on, so it’s a good thing it’s going to be cold and I’m staying home. It’s crazy yesterday was my nephews b-day, today is a nephews b-day and Saturday is a newphews b-day. These are Kev’s brother and sisters kids. It’s weird because his sister was born Jan.2 her oldest was born Jan. 18, her next oldest was born Jan. 19, and her second to youngest was born Jan. 31...that’s weird isn’t it? I’m always so paranoid that I’m going to forget to call one of them. After Sat. it’s like okay we can breath for a few weeks until the next one!LOL! Next weekend Kev’s brother is moving out by us, so we’ll be helping with the move...I hope it warms up some, or that won’t be fun! I finished my book yesterday while soaking in a nice bubble bath and have a new book picked out and ready. I have some housework to do today, but nothing crazy. That is about all for me though....have a great weekend ladies~
Old 01-18-2008, 10:43 AM   #280  

Tina – I’m glad they could work out moving your kids on the bus. I really doesn’t surprise me at all they knew this kid’s name. I am a lifetime “self-beater-uper”, and I do usually turn to food when I do it. I guess being aware of the triggers helps in breaking the old patterns. Thanks!

Cat – You really are lucky to have a free trainer. It’s nice to have variety and her expertise to show you different things.

Kari & Laura – Thanks for the kind words! If I didn’t have the wonderful RED team, I may be more tempted to go off plan for a while and give up, but I’m staying strong. I really want it this time (I will be smaller for my beach vacation in June!)

Barbara – I need to get in the spring cleaning mode. Just think of all of the calories you burned! And try not to gloat too much about your warm weather; some of us in the colder states will be jealous!

Melissa-Hun – I was not in the best place yesterday and wasn’t too positive in my response to the daily question yesterday. You are so right about the positive affirmations. I have to really work on that. I have not given up even though I’m discouraged. I can do this. I am doing this.

Meech – welcome. It’s good to have you posting with us!

Danielle – good job on the exercise. A couple more days and you’ll definitely be in zone!

Melissa73 – It’s great to have you posting! I usually post from work. I don’t know what I’d do if I couldn’t visit 3FC from work anymore. You’re doing great on the food and exercise. Sounds like you had a great workout!

Andi – Congrats on the 2 pounds. I’m glad you enjoyed the 24 Hour Fitness! A workout is a great thing to be looking forward to!

Cassie – It’s great to be able to stay in your calorie range. Here’s hoping that you don’t get overwhelmed with school!

Floann – Thanks for checking in with us. It’s great to hear from you. I recently read that one key to exercise is to find something you enjoy. I hope you can find something for you. It makes it a lot easier.

Diva – you’re more than welcome to stop by our thread anytime. Especially when you bring presents!! Even ones we’ve seen before!!

Kim – I’ve never tried a Bosu Ball. Do you have one at home or do you go to the gym? I see them use the on TBL. It’s one of the many things I have in the back of my mind to add to my home collection.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:02 AM   #281  
Red Team Member

S/C/G: 207.5/179/140

Height: 5'6

Okay time for personals.....

Danielle- Great job on the exercise...keep it up girl

Laura- I've used the Daily Plate in the past, but for me I find that writing it down myself works better for me, I'm not to sure why? I us Calorie King though to help me find a lot of the food without labels. I do like how you can do everything at TDP though...I'll have to try it again in a few weeks.

Melissa73- Fantastic job of being OP for 20 days in a row...that is great! Glad you got some good gym time in

Andi- YAY!!! Down 2lbs. that is wonderful! I think you'll love the gym. I find I work so much harder at the gym then I do when I'm home alone.

Cassie- Great job getting in your workout and staying within your calorie range...that's the way to do it

Floann- Glad your food intake has been good. I'm sorry to hear about your cat...that must of been hard.

Roni- AHHHH that is a beautiful creation...that man is FINE!

OptimistK- I've tried that Bosu Ball and just about broke my neck...I have the worst balance though ever....something I really need to work on! Maybe that though I will do in the privacy of my house so if I do fall I don't have the whole gym looking at me

Melissa- Good luck on your final today, and enjoy that 3 day weekend girl!

Meech- Ohhh cheescake, that is not easy to resist! I love it!

Karen- How are you feeling today hun, any better? I hope so

As for the question of the day....my favorite comfort food would have to be chips, and nope I haven't found a way to make them healthier! Even when I buy the baked ones, if I need to be comforted I end up eating the whole bag, so kinda pointless I try to just not have any in my house!
Old 01-18-2008, 11:05 AM   #282  

Ok, now that personals are out of the way , I'll post a little about me. I did my official weigh in and I was still at 180.5 so I had a 1.5 pound gain since the beginning. It's done and I'm moving on. I didn't exercise this morning because my ankle feels like I've twisted it. I may try to do some upper body stuff this evening when I get home.

I ordered the "Mindless Eating" book yesterday (thanks Laurie!) and am looking forward to reading it. I've read many different books on health and fitness. The are mostly common sense but for some reason I find them motivating so I'll keep at it. And I occasionally find a new tidbit or an old tidbit worded in a different way that really seems to click.

Question of the day: I have way too many comfort foods. About a year and a half ago, my dog got hit by a car and I had to leave her at the vet over the weekend. When I got to bring her home Monday afternoon, she was still in a bad place (she's fine now - physically anyway) and I had a major panic attack. I ran to the store and loaded up a cart of any and all comfort foods I came across...Mac & Cheese, Cake mixes, Cookies, Brownies, Ice Cream. I could barely breathe while I was in the store and knew in my head that I shouldn't be doing that but I did it anyway. I guess those are most of my comfort foods. I do think ice cream and brownies (together or separate) are my main comfort foods. I have some sugar free fudgesicles in the freezer to fall back on. I am going to try to have them less frequently, but they are there if I get desperate.
Old 01-18-2008, 11:19 AM   #283  
Takin' charge of my life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hun.e.B View Post
Andi...I went in and reread the rules for the Million Pound Matchup and I didnt see in there the deadline of 1/11/08 that I thought I read before. So you should be good. Not sure where I read that maybe I dreamed it LOL! I'd love to see your site if you dont mind sharing.
Sorry I didn't respond to your request earlier... Click HERE for the link. Now you have to share your's
Old 01-18-2008, 11:20 AM   #284  
The Dyslexic Typo Queen

S/C/G: 209/155/120

Height: 5'3

Tina, I've been lurking and reading about your child and that bully. Congratz on getting it handled. I wish it worked out like that everywhere. In East TN where I live, it seems the bullies get all the protection and the bullied are the ones who are always in trouble for trying to defend themselves. It's so not fair and it's a very stressful battle I've gone through for about 6 yrs now. I have found not only the kids to be bullies, but also, teachers, staff, Faculty. I've pulled M out of more than one school here due to it. I won't go into the LONG drawn out story, but it's been hard. It seems these hillbillies do not like outsiders, much less outspoken outsiders such as myself. I was even told by one man, not to try and change anything or my whole family would be sorry... Thank goodness he's growing up and getting tall, and it seems to not be as much an issue this year, but I DREAD next year when it's his first yr in High School. Kids are so mean these days. I can't wait until we are done with the school yrs....Only problem with that is, M will be grown up and well, I am NOT ready for that empty nest thing....I don't even wanna think about it, lol!

Anywho, count your blessing gf. It's not like that everywhere.

This place completely sucks and it really blows not having any family or friends here I can count on. We've gone through a vehicle drama this week and I haven't been able to get M to school due to the brakes going out in the truck Wednesday afternoon, which was a very scary experience. I just knew I was toast and thank goodness it FINALLY stopped before another truck slammed right into me. We live on a VERY dangerous road where everyone speeds and drive like maniacs. I kept him home yesterday. The school is 3 miles up a very hilly road and I can't walk on it when it's cold because it's an asthma attack waiting to hapen. So I called the school yesterday asking for some temp help getting him to school. (no buses or taxi's here) and I am told that they can't transport students, and perhaps I should put M back into the school he was in last yr. Well the school he was in last yr was filled full of incompitent teachers & faculty that made him think he was stupid and did their very best to try and remove him from our home after HE was sent to court for defending himself against a BULLY! I ended up pulling him and he lived with my Mom for 6 weeks in GA (last yr) before she got ill and he had to come back. When he came back I put him in the uppdity school that do not have buses and ya have to pay tuition to go there.

Sorry, I got off track.... I asked her why is it then that she transported Earl, a friend of M's for a while at the beginning of the yr. How is THAT any different and she had no answer other than to suggest the other school again. I told her NO WAY, that this is a temp situation and we'd figure somthing out. So I am REALLY not wanting Matt to walk these 3 miles to school on the dangerous road in the cold, so I called a neighbor and asked her, and of course she told me no, KNOWING he would have to walk and the witch had the NERVE to be staring out the window as he left this morning. Well I worried the entire time and had a complete meltdown this morning. I cried for 30 minutes straight. The animals didn't know what to do....

So anyways, that's my wonderful life right now... I hate living in a place where I have NO family or friends I can rely on. I feel so loney, stressed, and depressed right now.

Sorry to be a downer....
Old 01-18-2008, 11:33 AM   #285  

Roni -