3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

Old 12-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #76
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Wow, still keepin on

Slow and steady, thats seems to be it. I really REALLY want to drop 8 lbs by the end of the month!!!! I really, REALLY DO!

My ped was 4067. I went to a gym and did my weight work, trust me the squats and the weights got me sweating! I will trade in a good gym class for walking any day.

Stayed within my calories so far today, don't really need to go over 1500. I think I am going to have to cut back maybe 100 calories. ??? Thoughts?

Drank lots of water. I have no idea how much, but a huge WW bottle and tea all day long. I will try to track better.

Where is everyone
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:08 PM   #77
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Default Tgif!!!

My pedometer for today is 11154.

I did not let myself step on the scale this AM. It took more willpower than a Snickers Bar! I'm really hoping for a good loss this week after last weeks zero.

I'll be spending my morning at my DD's school for Breakfast with Santa. I'm planning to eat at home before I go and skip the pancakes and sausage.

Keep up the good work friends!

C
Old 12-06-2008, 12:16 AM   #78
Let's Get Going!!!

ONMYWAY, good job on your steps today.

How many calories are you limiting your consumption to?

Just curious.

I didn't get on the scale today either, I am waiting for monday! I don't see any difference though!

;-) I hadn't realized I got so big!!!!
Old 12-06-2008, 01:41 AM   #79
Ready to hit the beach!

Thanks DMC!

I don't count calories. I am following WW flex and currently can have 27 points based on my age, weight and activity level. I am trying really hard to get my 5 fruits and veggies each day and I have increased the amount of fiber in my diet as well. As I continue to lose my points will decrease. I also get 35 extra points each week but I don't always use them.

I'm glad to see that I am not the only one who gets impatient with the rate we lose at. I could gain 10 pounds in a week if I wanted but it would take me at least a month to lose 10!

Have a great weekend. Think slim thoughts!

C
Old 12-06-2008, 02:10 AM   #80

S/C/G: HW/232 SW 215/ CW 133/GW 120's

Height: 5.7 and 1/2

Hi Ladies.

I would love to post along with you gals here. I am needing to find some consistent support here on 3FC. I find blogging really helps me. I am a mom of two and in my late 30's. I am on my "own plan" I guess you could say. I have no one doing this thing with me in my household or friends going through this in real life. I began in June and here I am today. I am unsure of ultimate goal. It's kind of like going shopping I guess. When I SEE it, I will know!

"Be who you are, say what you feel. Those who matter, don't mind. Those who mind, don't matter." --Dr. Seuss

Last edited by Thighs Be Gone; 12-06-2008 at 02:11 AM.
Thighs Be Gone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 09:22 AM   #81
Ready to hit the beach!

Default Welcome!

There is always room for another friend!
You have done a terrific job so far! You started out a little more than I am now so you can be an inspiration for me! How long have you been following your plan? What type of exercise are you getting? This group has been great for me. Hope to see more of you (or should I say less!) around here!

C
Old 12-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #82
Stay Healthy

S/C/G: 152/134/125

Height: 5'4"

Default I'm so proud gal's

Wow look at everyone. Planning meals before an event knowing there might be unwanted fatty food there (good) job.... And going to the gym watching calories. YOU are awsome.
Ok ped count oh anyone on ww if you go to activities and down at the bottom it says steps it will ask you your ped stride put it in and enter your steps for the day and it will give you your daily activity points it's awsome just found it the other day.
So Littlelindy yesterday 16,083 total 94,597
DMC2009 4,067 total 45,443
Onmyway 11,154 total 30,145
Mytina 10,502 total 15,421
Group total this far 185,606 steps (good job)
I see we might have a new BFF welcome....
I worked out yesterday to my walk away the pounds tape with the belt and she I'm so sore LOL my shoulders and sides she does double steps in this one double side and bouble leg lifts ouch. I drank six glasses of water .
I'm so proud no one is getting on the scale don't do it i'm telling you wait till your weigh in day and then just take it. Onmyway you are doing awsome planning your meals and I can see you are changing you sound so positive.
DMC2009 going to the gym is wonderful I wish I could go I live out of town about twenty miles or more from the gym I try and do what I can here I have five acers so there is plenty to do around here. Well I will check in later and all is welcome don't give up our wheigh in day's are coming so stick to it and keep up the walking and water and planning your meals. Think of us and how great you will feel when the scale drops .... See ya and good good good job .. I will check in later ..
littlelindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:56 AM   #83
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Wow, we have almost walked around the planet!

Well maybe!

Getting up and into my day, gonna have my coffee and get rolling

I live across the street from the gym Lindy and that makes it really easy for me.

OnMYWY, I did weight watchers but got frustrated counting points, and its just easier for me to read the box and see the portion/calorie without having to do the count thing. I was only alotted 18!!! YIKES Not saying I wouldn't do it again, but this is working for me now. Maybe when I start doing it again we can pal up!!! Share point ideas.

Today my menu will consist of more of the same until I can get to the market..

Have a wonderful healthy good choice day. Monday is weigh in and I am feeling a little ligher!!! Heavy sigh, it takes so long But I feel more committed than ever!!
Old 12-06-2008, 10:11 PM   #84

S/C/G: 254/235.4/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi, Ladies!

I'm sorry I have not been on much - I don't have the opportunity to check this daily. I've decided that Sundays will be my weigh in days and I am going to follow the Best Life program by Bob Greene. Bear with me, though, as I am not allowed to weigh myself for 4 weeks after my initial weigh in tomorrow. I believe I will be able to weigh in weekly after that. I chose the Best Life program because it is about learning and understanding why you are overweight and what your triggers are, etc.

I also have not gotten my pedometer yet. I am hoping to get it tomorrow when I'm out doing the grocery shopping. I want to be able to start walking Monday.

I am so happy to read how well you are all doing!

Have a great night!!
Aileen
DarrellsDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 11:05 PM   #85
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Saturday night!

Today, put me down for 9500 steps. Most of that was done in my step class. Wow, was I red faced when that was done.

Drank lots of water and tea.

Looking forward to my weigh in, monday right? I got one more exercise class and one more day to do well.

Today went to Applebees for lunch. I hate eating out - its really hard to be good. I had the chicken salad, 350 calories and the onion soup, 150 calories and I added 150 calories because I had a couple of bites of bbq chicken off my daughters plate.

Had a huge salad for dinner and tomorrow plan on Egg whites with tomatos and 1/4 avacodo. I love that!

Glad to see you back Aileen! Everyone here seems to be committed to it, I really appreciate the support.

Where is the dust, give us some dust!!!
Old 12-07-2008, 12:01 AM   #86
Ready to hit the beach!

Default I survived Breakfast with Santa!

Steps today 10424!

Another good day here. Worked at Breakfast with Santa and did a little Christmas Shopping afterwards. Drank tons of water today, I have been very thirsty.

Went to a neighborhood Christmas party tonight and feel like I made good choices. It is very hard to resist all the holiday baked goodies. This is going to be a tough month.

DMC, I'm rooting for you to have a big loss Monday!
Here's your dust!

Goodnight friends!

C
Old 12-07-2008, 11:47 AM   #87
Stay Healthy

S/C/G: 152/134/125

Default Wheigh in tomorrow

Hello everyone. Sorry I did not get on agian yesterday. I had a parade to go to and we left at two thirty and got home at ten thirty. Can you believe it I left my ped at home so I only have 3,600 steps for yesterday.
Littlelindy 3,600 total 98,197
DMC2009 9,500 total 54,943
Onmyway 10,424 total 40,569
Mytina ? Mytina just texted me and she forgot to put it on so she has 15,421 group total is 209,130 steps I want to get to 100,000,000 one million.
I will give a total when Mytina checks in. Sounds like everyone is doing good. I did not do so good yesterday? I had cereal for breakfast , and eight corn chips with salsa for a snack and then a sugar free puddding then I did not eat till nine at night and had chips salsa,beans,chili's,cheese,lettuce,and onion I shared a plate with my husband. So the points for ww is the chips and the cheese I think the beans are fat free not sure? I don't think I really went over I was so hungry and that's what she made so I had it I figured I barely had anything all day and walked a lot so I might be ok we will see tomorrow morning. So who all wheighs in tomorrow? Well I need to make better choices today I have to go to the grocery store on Tuesday and buy all my good stuff and then the wheight lose should be easier. Yogurt,fruit,cheese,popcorn,smart choices,salad yum yum. Well I have to go i'm taxi driver today LOL. I will check in in a couple of hours. Keep going gals and we can and will do this we have eachother.
littlelindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 01:01 PM   #88
Let's Get Going!!!

Default tomorrow is the big day!

Today I am going to do a weight class. That is good for my flabby arms and butt!

I won't count steps today, its my day off!

I haven't eaten yet becuase I feel bloated from the food yesterday. I think I am gonna cut down to 1400 calories a day. I really want to see results by the end of the month.

Wow, if I was in my 30s now, just from doing what I did this week, I would feel much slimmer!!! What a bummer and an eye opener this week has been. I have been pretty darn good, but the proof will be on the scale in the morning!

I am going to keep it up no matter what!!!! I am determined to get thinner by the end of the month and then my goal is to be 125 at the end of all this! That should be so doable!

Have a great day and keep up keep up keep up. Post post post....
Old 12-07-2008, 01:54 PM   #89

S/C/G: 152/152/116

Hello all. Just starting today and this looks like a happening thread. I am forty something. My weight gain has blossomed over the past year, more notably the past several months. My will power is at an all time low, I am physically uncomfortable with the mid drift bulge and pressure and I stopped exercising.in April. So.... today is my to get it started. I have enjoyed the website recipes and tips this morning. I am getting out of my PJ's, heading to the treadmill with my water.

How can I get one of those linear weight loss trackers I see at the bottom of some of the posts? I am not very computer savy and need directions in laymens terms please.

Last edited by 716peb; 12-07-2008 at 01:56 PM.
716peb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2008, 02:07 PM   #90
Ready to hit the beach!

Default Welcome Welcome Welcome

Hi! The more the merrier. This is a great group with lots of support. We are happy to have you join us!

As for the weight tracker, you will need to be a member for at least 30 days before you can access that. Stick here with us and you will be there in no time!

I avoided the scale again today, my weigh day is Wednesday. I think I can wait til then. Think big loss!!!!!!! PLEASE!!!!!

I got a treadmill yesterday. A friend of mine was going to donate it. I agreed to be his charity! I'll be trying it out later tonight after my Hubby and son lug it into our basement!

Keep up the good work friends. We're her for each other!!!!!