3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Support Groups > 40-Somethings

Old 12-02-2008, 12:52 AM   #46
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

dmc, Thanks for the link! There's some good stuff there!

I have been doing Weight Watchers but I don't attend the meetings. I count points. As far as exercise goes, I ride the exercise bike several times a week and I recently started doing the Biggest Loser sculpting video. I know adding more exercise would be a big help to my weightloss program.

This group is the BEST!

C
Old 12-02-2008, 10:05 AM   #47
Stay Healthy

S/C/G: 152/134/125

Height: 5'4"

Default Walk Walk Walk

Good morning all my BFF"s.... I hope everyone has a great day. Think positive and be strong minded. I'm glad we are all checking in everyday it really does help. So to recap some things. First of all I can't spell worth you know what. So you might get some laughs along the way. Mytina knows this already and she goes with it. Funny I'm going to be a nurse and one that can't spell. LOL , but a very very very good nurse ...
OK so I have wheight goals for Me 136, DMC2009 139, and ONmyway 199, so let's see mytina we need you, ,your christmas eve goal is ......?
Second thing what day does everyone weigh in on? I do on Monday's I think mytina is Tuesdays? we need to support everyone on those day's so give us the scale day and we will support. Try not to step on it except for that day it gets to be a challenge and to easy to give up if the scale says we have not lost or that we have gained. Once a week is all we need it's about getting healthy and feeling good to.
Ok third thing is the steps I have mytina 1919 (not correct but put it down) DMC2009 4500, and me 12,305 so days total is 18,724 steps to go is 48,577
Ok so everyone try and get to ten thousand steps today and eat healthy think positive ... put a rubberband on your wrist and if you think you want unhealthy pop yourself and think of us we care and we are the best group around
Ok I have things to do today I will check in this afternoon.
littlelindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:40 AM   #48
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Motivated to walk today - lots!

Okay, good morning all BFFs!!!

No worries, my spell is bad too! ;-)

I weigh in on monday morning! Yesterday I came in just under 1500 calories and I was not hungry at night! I was so happy. I saved just enough calories to have a little pretzel and PB before bed to take the edge off. It was an accomplisment.

I will put on my ped and walk today. Also, going to gym tonight.

Do you think I can make 139 by end of month??? REALLY???

I can't believe it! wow... fingers crossed!

Okay, I better get walking. So nice to have you all here!!!!
dmc2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 02:25 PM   #49
Let's Get Going!!!

Quick note: I am already up to 4655 on my pedometer!!!

I am hungry, so going to have a snack - I thought my breakfast would sustain until lunch, but its not. 360 calories, fritatta , tst and coffee.
Old 12-02-2008, 04:03 PM   #50

Hello! Finally back. Things are going okay. This week will be a challenge. It's my hubby and kids' birthdays on Wed and Thurs. Then we go out to dinner on Friday, along with drinks etc. and the kids' birthday party on Saturday. I'm also invited to a cooking baking party on Sunday, but will NOT be going. I did well over the Thanksgiving holiday. No weight gain at least! Working out of going fairly well. I'm still trying to do the Couch to 5K, just taking a bit longer than I expected. I'll keep trying! Went to spinning class last night. Kicked my butt! Haven't done that for a while. Tonight I'll run and do some weight training. I know if I can do well with my exercise the eating part will become easier.
Hope everyone is doing well. Will check back tomorrow!
marytk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 08:58 PM   #51
BFF no pain no gain

S/C/G: 148/140/125

Height: 5'1

Okay.. I am checking in real quick like.... We have Girl Scouts tonight..

I bought a new pedometer today at walmart... 8.00 and it does the calorie counting too. Now, I just have to set it up.. and somehow.. how? will I ever catch up.. gesh.. I'll never make it to the North Pole! ouch! That was my rubber band snapping on my wrist... great idea LittleLindy.. it works!

I didn't work out today. The in laws left this morning & the pretty much took up my two hours of free time in the a.m. ... I will have to work out extra hard tomorrow.

Thanks for all the great idea's BFF's you are all so motivating! so, you want a goal wt. .. hahahaha... I seem to just add on the wt. while you all take it off. so, let me see I am at 144 now.... lets just say 135!!!!! wow, I got chills!!!!

good night all. ~~~~~~ will power to all and all a good night!!
mytina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 11:41 PM   #52
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Pedometer today * 16073 *

Now that is not gonna happen every day.

So.. Just got back from the gym, and I am hoping that someone can tell me if you would eat more or less when you burn more calories????

Will I lose weight faster if I don't? Is it healthy???

thanks all and hope you are doing good!!
Old 12-03-2008, 10:01 AM   #53
Let's Get Going!!!

Default Hump Day

Hi all,
Up early and will get steppin' as soon as I get dressed. Got to admit, its kind of a hassle wearing the ped all day, esp in the bathroom.

Have high hopes of staying on track today. I have posted my daily menu in the forum, hoping to get some ideas what everyone is doing to stay low cal/low point.

Good luck today and I will post my Ped results later today.
Old 12-03-2008, 10:48 AM   #54
Stay Healthy

Default Ok walk?walk?walk?

Good morning everyone. Well I have to get back to work today nine to noon only today.MYtina you will figure out your ped it's easy just adjust it till it's close .... Mine is pretty right on after messing with it for day's .
Welcome back marytk nice to have you. MY computer is not working this morning.
Ok so steps for yesterday. ME 11,584 total 30,308 to go for group 36,993 we are almost there I think we can go there and back I need to find out how many steps is one mile. I will try and do that the next couple of days.
DMC2009 this is what I ate yesterday. Breakfast 8am special k with berries 1/4 cup of 2% milk, at 10:30am cheez it's two points, at noon I had half of a turkey sandwich with one tsp of light mayo onion and one can of progresso soup zesty veggie lunch was five points. I had a snack of sugar free choc. pudding. and for dinner potatoes small amount two points broccoli and califlower no points steak four points. so that's how I eat everyday I did a two mile brisk walk with bands and went for a mile walk down my street I also drank six glasses of water (very important) took a multi vitamin and a vitamin C. Well that's it. I wake up plan my two snacks my lunch and leave dinner for later I stick to only what I have planned out.
Ok I have to go I have to get ready for work I do home health care part time till the nursing program starts in five weeks.
Stay on track and I will check in at one when I get home. I need steps from everyone so we can get to our goal weights.
Marytk I need your weigh in date and your goal wheight for christmas eve. MYtina I bet knowing you all these years you can get to 135 in the next few weeks watch....
Ok more dust walk my bff's....
Have a great day
Old 12-03-2008, 10:55 AM   #55
Stay Healthy

dmc2009 sorry I did not see your steps till now. Ok so you total is 20,573 and group total is 79,080 we have only 20,920 to go so we need to up our step length.
Old 12-03-2008, 02:29 PM   #56
BFF no pain no gain

S/C/G: 148/140/125

Height: 5'1

checking in... need to go eat..breakfast/lunch... old habits are hard to break.. learning to eat small meals is a huge challenge for me! not that I eat large meals, ... I just don't eat much until dinner time... and I so want to change that.. I just don't get an appetite! I know Littlelindy has been through this with me... I promise I will break the habit..

I have my new Ped on... I am curious to what it will say at the end of the day... hmmmm....

I didn't get to hit the gym this morning... errands had to be run... but will get on the home treadmill later today.

K... BFF's.... go into your day with a fire under your butts!!
mytina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 02:34 PM   #57

Had a decent morning. Ate Fiber One for breakfast with coffee, a egg, bacon,cheese sandwich for snack,but then chinese for lunch. Tasted good, but now I'm feeling ill. I should know better by now. Ugh. It's hubby's birthday today and the twins' tomorrow, so there will be cake until New Years. I will be working out today and also getting a massage. Need to do that once in a while.
Did my couch to 5K last night and lifted some weights. Felt good. Now if I could just get my eating under control!
marytk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 04:06 PM   #58

S/C/G: 254/235.4/140

Height: 5'7"

Hi! I would love to be allowed to join your group, if you don't mind. I don't really have any friends around here to support me in my new weight loss endeavor. I live in NC and my bff lives in GA, but I'm choosing not to share my new undertaking with anyone outside of my immediate family. I guess I just don't want to deal with the rolling eyes, if you catch my drift. It seems that I am always trying some new diet...well, actually, it is more like I have the best of intentions but never really go through with it.

In doing some soul searching, I realized that I have to take things one day at a time and focus on myself one baby step at a time.

I see you are using pedometers and I would definitely like to participate in your walking challenges. I can't pick one up until this weekend, though.

Anyway, I would really like to join you if there is room!

Aileen
DarrellsDiva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:29 PM   #59
Ready to hit the beach!

Height: 5' 8"

Welcome Aileen! There's always room for another friend, right girls? Having a support system outside the family is awesome. I started out about where you are so I know where you are coming from. This group will be great for you!

C
Old 12-03-2008, 10:31 PM   #60
Stay Healthy

Default Hello everyone

Hello to everyone. Well Aileen of course you can join us we have been getting pretty close and supporting eachother. I started the ped steps at 100,000 and I'm thinking we are kicking butt and I need to bump it up to 100,000,000 so girls are you ready for that one. So Aileen we need to know when you weigh in and a goal wheight for christmas eve.
Ok were is everyone? I hope you all did good. I did a lot of yard work and more tomorrow. Let me know your steps in the morning and I will give everyone there totals. I will try and check in later it's seven thirty and I have to get the kids showers and homework. kk see ya later and group together and remember your goal weight is only three weeks away.