Old 05-06-2008, 12:26 PM   #151  

Height: 5'5"

Default Day 9/Veggie Burger Recipe?

Hello everyone. I'm am on day 9 of Phase 1 woo hoo I made it. Anyway tomorrow I weigh my self for the first time since I started this. So far it's been great. Found some good recipes but would like to find more. Does anyone have a recipe for veggie burgers. One that doesn't use cheese or bread crumbs. I haven't found any yet?

See you soon!

Last edited by ofnobility1982; 05-06-2008 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-06-2008, 09:31 PM   #152  

Height: 5'8"

ofnobility: Sounds like you're on the right track. Here's to your continued success. Let us know how your weigh in goes tomorow. We're pulling for you!

I'm loving the beautiful weather and seeing all the flowers in bloom, but my allergies are killing me! I feel like a zombie just walking through the days sometimes...too bad I can't enjoy the weather and take walks outside. I meet with the allergist next week, so hopefully they'll give me something good to take care of it. Whew!

So, I told you all that I've been working out with my trainer a lot lately and how he was working out a plan with me...well, now I get to share what he wrote down with all of you. I know that it's a little long and a lot of it is stuff we've all heard before, but sometimes it's good to hear it from the professionals...especially when you're trying to get back on track, sometimes you just need to get back to basics!

The body is broken up into 6 parts: abs, arms, legs, chest, back and shoulders. You should work all 6 areas each week. Separate the body to exhaust repair. Each region should be worked out to its fullest. Examples...LEGS: squats, hamstring curl, leg extension, hip abductor and adductor. CHEST: 2-3 presses like flat, incline or decline and at least one or two flys. A good workout should consist of a complete exhaustion of one or more of the regions.

As for cardio, keep your body guessing. It should incrementally increase in intensity and mix around with speed, time and incline (or resistance). You can't have success without doing both cardio and weight lifting.

Hopefully this helps. I know I lucked out getting a great deal on a trainer, so if you can't afford one but need some workout routines, I can send you some from my book. We keep track of each day (weights, reps, etc), so I can send you what I've done. Just let me know. I don't want to bore everyone if nobody's interested.

Alright girls! We're almost at hump day, which means we're halfway throught the week. We can do it!
Old 05-07-2008, 05:36 AM   #153  

S/C/G: 236/221/136

Height: 5'7

Well I'm fainally back. I"m hoping to try to get on here daily because I need the motivation and the food ideas!!

What phase is everyone on?
I have sort of fallen off the wagon and really need to get back on track. I"m hovering around 180 and woudl really love to get into the 170's!!
Old 05-07-2008, 06:41 AM   #154  

Default Phase 1 complete but with disappointing results

Well the big day has come and I must say the results were disappointing. I only lost 5 lbs since the beginning of Phase 1. I followed it to the letter and most of the time I didn't even eat all that was allowed. I varied my cardio workouts. Eliptical, biking, steps. I'm really disappointed. Today I start Phase II.

Last edited by ofnobility1982; 05-07-2008 at 06:41 AM.
Old 05-07-2008, 08:56 AM   #155  

ofnobility - Are you kidding me?! You LOST weight. That's the whole point of this. And five pounds is FANTASTIC. I hear you that you expect more, but just remember, you're taking a step in the right direction. Keep it up, and the weight will keep coming off. Congratulations!!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 09:39 AM   #156  

It was my understanding that you were to lose at least a few pounds more than 5 on this first Phase. That's why the disappointment. I mean the diet was such a drastic change from where I was prior.
Old 05-07-2008, 03:44 PM   #157  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/145

Height: 5'2

Ok I am back and eating a salad as we speak!

**Ofnobility. I worked my butt off for 2 weeks for a biggest loser challange and only lost 4 LBS. I wanted it to be more!!! BUT then I thought about it. To lose a pound you have to burn 3500 calories. So to lose 5 lbs you burned 17500 calories, more than you brought in. Thats incrediable!!!

OK so I am back and I have recurited my DH, I am sure he will lose 20 lbs by sat!

Todays menu:
B:Oatmeat cookies
S:All natural fruit strip thingie
L:Big salad with honey mustard vin.
S:Apple
D:Greek salad
Sopcorn

Glad to be back, I had to remind myself of my goals! Talk soon!!!
Old 05-07-2008, 04:36 PM   #158  
Progress not perfection

S/C/G: 235/170/150

SO Glamour Magazine has a new fitness portion of their website... I thought it looks pretty interesting, maybe you all would like to take a look too! Free is always for ME!

There are workout, food, music, plans & tips!

www.glamour.com

Click on the right hand side box named...
'Body By Glamour'.

Last edited by jillnicole03; 05-07-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-07-2008, 06:36 PM   #159  

Hey annierew,

This isn't diet related but are you a Phillies fan? I live in Florida now but I grew up in Reading, PA and I still love the Phils. They are playing well this year.

Back to the diet thing. I'm not giving up but it sure is a lot of work. I am new to this forum but from most of the posts I've seen I haven't seen anyone who needs to lose as much weight as I do. Most are much closer to their goal weight. I have a very long road ahead.
Old 05-07-2008, 07:00 PM   #160  
food is not my friend!

S/C/G: 173.6/160.4/135

hello!

a loss is a loss!!! be proud ofnobility! you are doing great and lighter lou u are lighter!!!

i'm in in a funk - depressed today but i'll be fine tomorrow. Just one o those days.

let's go girls - let's make it a wonderful May!
Old 05-07-2008, 11:28 PM   #161  

Lisa - I've been feeling down today, too...and there's really no reason for it. Guess I woke up on the wrong side of the bed and then decided to take it out on anyone who came within my path. I guess tomorrow will be spent apologizing for my foul behavior today. Ha.

Ofnobility - Yes, I'm a Phillies fan. I haven't had a chance to get to a game yet this season, but it's still early. I'm planning a big group there for my dad's 60th birthday. But I'm a bigger Eagles fan, season ticket holder for about 5 or 6 years (even spent time in the 700 level). And since we're at it, Sixers and Flyers...I'm a hometown girl! Go Philly!

Lou - if your DH can lose 20 pounds this week, you'll definitely have to share that plan! Hope that salad was good. Mine at lunch made me feel so blah like I was eating diet food. Oh well, it was.
Old 05-07-2008, 11:54 PM   #162  

S/C/G: 181/see ticker/145

Height: 5'2

Hey girls. My DL is complaining of the headache (poor thing) Its his first time off of caffine! We will see if he sticks to it! He has a pretty easy time dropping weight. We are going to go hiking on friday for a romantic night out! **We weigh in on sat. so we will see how we are progressing!

Annierew I have been in a slup to. Its so hard to get back on the wagon once you have fallen off! I feel so good when I am eating right, yet why is it so hard to get back??

Tomorrow is another day!!! talk later!!
Old 05-08-2008, 02:06 PM   #163  

ofnobility: 5lbs is amazing! Be proud of yourself and keep going! I don't know how much you need to lose but remember even those that are close to goal started somewhere. I started out wanting to lose 100 lbs but then decided to lower it to 85 and I am at my halfway point. I have been at this for almost 5 months.

I've also been in a slump but I am hoping to get out of it! Today the scale finally budged but I am not moving my ticker unless I see the same # tomorrow!
Old 05-08-2008, 05:28 PM   #164  

I need to lose about 180 pounds.
Old 05-09-2008, 06:18 AM   #165  

Ofnobility: You can do it don't lose hope!! It seems lik a lot but try setting some mini goals for yourself!! It will really help.

I ate some cookies last night so I'm afraid to weigh in this morning!! I may wait until sunday but I think I will move my ticker anyways!! Since I weighed in 3 times at the same weight!!