UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-30-2004, 10:11 PM   #151  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Hello Jami, hello girls, Yes I'm back from jolly ol' england and I had a wonderful time.
They even let me back in this country without too much fuss, I was a tad worried, but all went well. I did have to go down to London and visit the Embassy though, was quite chuffed as once I got inside and explained I'd lost the green card, it only took 35 minutes for them to issue my paperwork for me to give to immigration on my return. The guy in immigration at Dulles was marvellous and was quite upset at the fact that try as I might before I left that I couldn't get the passport stamped, and said that the people didn't do their job and I shouldn't have been messed about like that. I smiled sweetly and told him he was preaching to the choir and he sent me happily on my way.
It wasn't a party time back home this time, didn't even get to a pub this time, but I did manage to see a few friends, one who I've not seen in 12 years as she's been stateside as well, so that was brilliant. I did have a couple of bevvies one evening that I spent down on a holiday camp near Gt. Yarmouth with a friend, oh yes, nearly forgot, we did go to the club house and so actually it was quite a few bevvies, as we were drinking in the caravan before and after as well....did feel a bit tiddly too. Also in Tesco's I found Galaxy ice cream which me and my friend devoured in two days, the whole tub. It was bloody gorgeous! And I wonder where these six pounds come from???
I saw my brother as well, not seen or spoken to him really apart from a few e-mails here and there, since the millenium, so we had a great few hours together and enjoyed ourselves. He lives in the middle of a grand privately owned estate and works as a gamekeeper, his cottage is in the middle of bloody nowhere and he has fights and skirmishes with gypo's all the time who live near Luton airport, he seems to be more of a policeman than a game keeper....but he loves it and is happy, so that's the main thing.
Shopping in Tesco's was like being in Heaven. I spent fifty pounds on chocolate, teabags and beer and when I was at the register, the woman just kept looking at me strangely. Can't think why, doesn't everyone buy seventeen big bars of cadbury's at one time when they shop? LOL!
The weather was typical British weather, we had a shower every day, and it was a tad on the chilly side for me, I wore a sweat shirt or a light jacket every day, and couldn't get over everyone wearing strappy tops and shorts, but I guess they thought it was warmer than I did. All my friends took the mic out of me, but I stood my ground and kept warm...
My home town hasn't really changed too much in four years, just more houses have gone up and it seems like they build in peoples gardens now... oh yes, and mini roundabouts seem to have appeared in the strangest places around....not that anyone goes round them they all went over them. I didn't actually drive this time home either, but I kept trying to get in the drivers seat thinking it was the passenger side, and also worrying that we were on the wrong side of the road. England certainly has more people driving nowadays, and the drive pretty bloody fast..... M25 was horrible and scary, a bit like driving in NJ!
Well that's about it for now, need to get to bed and try and get over this jet-lag. More tomorrow.......
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2004, 07:02 AM   #152  

Quote:
Shopping in Tesco's was like being in Heaven. I spent fifty pounds on chocolate, teabags and beer and when I was at the register, the woman just kept looking at me strangely. Can't think why, doesn't everyone buy seventeen big bars of cadbury's at one time when they shop? LOL!

Sounds heaven to me too.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 07:24 PM   #153  
Gym'll fix it!!

Chris that was a treat i'm still smiling especially over the quote that Veggie was good enough to show again for us did you know that they say not to pack chocolate in your bags because sniffer dogs often mistake it for drugs? think I got that titbit of information from the tv that would have been a laugh..having your bags searched and having to say "but i've only got 17 bars of chocolate!!" i've been guilty of bringing a couple of bars back but not 17 thats mainly cuz I ate the others before I left : I like the Mars Bars Ice Creams not seen those Galaxy ones...yet they seem to have an ice cream version of every chocolate bar now don't they I was cold when I was there in February Chris..and one of my hubby's friends looked at me all wrapped up and was amazed when I told him that I was freezing i've gone soft now after living here for 10 years.

Hi Jaymi, Glad that you found your way here
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2004, 10:45 PM   #154  
Slow and steady

Cathy, I have heard that about chocolate too, but I figured after not being home for over four years I WAS bringing chocs home with me, even if I had to unwrap it and eat it in front of the dogs that was sniffing it to show it wasn't a drug. I brought cans of beer with me too, for Dave, the customs man did question me on my food stuff but once he found out Dave was in the AF he said, welcome home Ma'am and tell your husband thanks for the service he provides to this country....and waved me on
The glaaxy ice cream comes in a tub now as well, with huge chucks of galaxy all mixed through, try some next time you go home Cathy, it's worth the poundage you'll gain I swear
Right, am off to bed now, have a morning meeting to attend and then therapy with my favourite Freddie Kruger.... I love my job.......I really do
Old 09-02-2004, 07:07 AM   #155  

Have you see on The Osbournes their chocolate drawer in the kitchen? It's jam packed.
Old 09-02-2004, 02:38 PM   #156  
Gym'll fix it!!

Ooooh i'm drooling already Chris its sounds delicious don't know if i'll be brave enough to eat it at christmas tho'

I've had a busy morning so far drywalling! only been waiting 6mths for hubby to pick me up a sheet of drywall decided to do it myself otherwise it will be another 6mths before it meets the wall remind me will ya? just what the did I marry that man for? cuz it sure was'nt for his handyman skills oh yeh, now I remember it was for his ( money) I wish!!
I had to do it because the other night I was in the downstairs bathroom sat on the throne and a mouse walked in I let out a yelp and it went straight back into the room where the drywalling needs to be done I think hubby realised that that was the last straw for me and he went to the builders merchants the next day its all sealed up now so I won't be getting any more uninvited visitors

I don't watch the Osbournes Veggie that bumbling idiot Ozzy does my head in
Old 09-02-2004, 07:04 PM   #157  

I am off to Blackpool for 3 days tomorrow I will eat chips and drink beer.
Old 09-02-2004, 09:46 PM   #158  
Slow and steady

LOL @ Queen Cathy on her throne and her little visitor walking in.......glad you've fixed your wall now though luv.
Veggie, enjoy Blackpool, if you do as you say and eat those crisps and drink that beer, I know you'll be back on plan when you get back... so enjoy. ANd if I'm not behaving when you get back, a few rolling pin whacks please.......thanks in advance
Old 09-03-2004, 05:17 AM   #159  

Ok I'm off...soon as I leave computer...spy on my mate clarrie for me while I'm away she has posted in the 'hello I am' thread but hasn't made it here yet
Old 09-03-2004, 06:12 AM   #160  

Heya

I've been in France a lot of August and I want to know how French people are so slim when France is so full of cheese and bread and wine!

Argh 5lb back on.

Dill
dilleight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 06:45 AM   #161  

Must be cos of all the "Ooh la la" they do
Kelly M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 09:50 AM   #162  

hi all no i havent dropped off the face of the earth had a few bad weeks with my back keep falling and hurting myself the only problem is i fall and cant get back up again ill pop in tonight for a nice long chat and catch up with you all
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2004, 01:17 PM   #163  
Gym'll fix it!!

Wish I was going to Blackpool with ya Veggie i'd be stood right in front of ya at the chippie counter HAVE A GREAT TIME and don't worry WE'LL look after clarrie for ya

Chris, You want the do ya? i'll oblige

Hi Kirsty, glad to hear from you again stay in your chair and have the kids wait on you then you won't fall down again that'd work would'nt it do you know where Carol is? cuz she's missing too
Old 09-04-2004, 05:19 PM   #164  
Slow and steady

OK all, I've figured it out. I can get rid of most of this chocolate over the weekend, the kids are helping me out. SO I CAN and WILL start afresh come Monday, so it'll be me and you Cathy We can do this luv.
Of course, I shall be no role model to anyone over this weekend at all, and I'm truly sorry about that....
Wish me luck for Monday, I'm going to need it!
Old 09-04-2004, 05:33 PM   #165  
Gym'll fix it!!

Chris I need it too