UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Old 08-04-2004, 05:41 PM   #106  

right all you mothers out there how am i supposed to act when not one not two but TWELVE girls come to the door for your just turned 15 year old son i havent the foggiest craig just acted like it was a normal thing to happen and do you know what he said to them "im sorry i am not coming out im reading harry potter" help
kirsty
linus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 06:11 PM   #107  
Gym'll fix it!!

Well, I think with that answer that you have nothing to worry about Kirsty
cat90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 10:27 AM   #108  

Linus - How adorable is he?!! He will be fighting them off with sticks!! Anyway, maybe like my Godson he checked out their footwear first. If the trainers aren't right then those girls are going nowhere!!!

Girls are more advanced though aren't they? I love the way it was no big deal for him!!
peahen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2004, 03:05 PM   #109  

so did i for the first time in a long time i was speachless in saying that if they come up tonight he might actually talk to them he just got his ring back from the jewllers today and keepa rubbing his chin so people will notice as if you can miss the blooming thing hes going to be in danger from low flying planes
kirsty
Old 08-07-2004, 08:53 AM   #110  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Morning! How is everyone today? I'm doing good. Have been OP since my last weigh in, but don't hold much hope of staying that way as I have friends arriving today who are on their way to live in Germany. And I know we'll be drinking a few bottles of vino..
It has cooled down here the past two days, nearly record lows for this time of year, but it's so nice as I have turned the A/C off and opened all the windows.
Dave and I have made a major decision recently, we have decided to move back to AZ earlier than planned, So after I get back from being home, the wheels should be in motion to move. Dave is going to retire from the AF, so we'll be classed as retirees
Our renters gave us notice to be out the end of this month, so that was a major factor in our change of plans. We're both so ready to leave here though and I'm now counting down the days until I get home. TEN today by the way, and then I'll be counting them down to get back to AZ
Cathy, if you do another trip to LV, we could try to meet, as I'm only 6 hours away, driving of course
Right, well I had better get on, might pop back on later, but lots to do in preparation for my visitors....can't wait
Have a great weekend all....
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2004, 02:05 PM   #111  

my goodness ladies ive been gone for three days come back amd no ones here chris you sound so excited to be going home good for you and enjoy your visitors my uncle who is also my godfather died sussenly on saturday night and im having a lot of trouble getting a handle on my feelings so if i keep disapearing just wait ill be back soon is carol away playing in her tent i hope not as its been chucking down here for hours since about 2 am and we had really bad fog all weekend poor luv will be soaked either that or her tenting holiday might have turned into a boating holiday speak soon
kirsty
Old 08-09-2004, 02:36 PM   #112  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Girls,

Hey Chris you bet we'll meet up sometime I have plans to see Wyckenburg again as I only drove through and took a little walk around and it was such a cute place that I decided then and there to visit it sometime

Kirsty, Sorry to hear about your loss I did'nt know that Carol was on hols in a tent poor girl if she is caught in that weather

My visitors won't be coming on thursday, their son has had something weird happen to his hip he thought that he'd pulled a muscle playing soccer at school in June but it did'nt get better so he went to the quacks who told him that it was 'growing' pains and to get more exercise well, he was on his bike last week and his leg gave way and he was rushed to the hospital and his thigh has broken away from his hip poor lad has had surgery and is really upset because they can't come over now. Its a weird deal tho' cuz the consultant was talking about growth plates or something and how he may have some disability now my hubby has told them to "sue" he's used to Canadian/American ways now i'm going to take some pics later to send him and buy him something to cheer him up. Now hubby is on about a trip back to England at Christmas and i'm pissed off cuz I know that they won't give me the time off from work even tho' I only work a couple of days a week I doubt that the supervisor would work Christmas Eve (Sunday) and Jan 2nd (Sunday) for me and i'm sure she'll work it so that they are both her Sundays off and not mine in fact, I would'nt be surprised if I get more work those weeks so that she can have the time off don't know whether to mention or just go sick can't mention it and then go sick can I? i'm sure they'll cotton on to that if I did
Old 08-09-2004, 03:29 PM   #113  

the growth plates are at the end of the bones in youngsters and eventually they turn into bone so if this is really badly damaged then this will not turn onto bone properly and will not fuse the bone properly hope this helps
kirsty
Old 08-09-2004, 05:53 PM   #114  
Gym'll fix it!!

Yeh, they kind of explained that to us Kirsty..thanks. Apparently cuz of the time from it happening and the surgery his bones were starved of a blood supply so the poor lad is suffering now and his bones are screwed together but he can't put any weight on that leg at all for the next 6 weeks so that means his other leg will be supporting his weight and there is a 20% chance of that "blowing" out now I think there is something else wrong because I would think it would be hard to sustain an injury like that and not get it just by playing football and thinking that you'd pulled a muscle
Old 08-11-2004, 07:29 AM   #115  

Is that 6 days today Chris? Or is it 7? I don't seem to be able to count
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 07:53 AM   #116  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

SIX Veggie This time next week I'll already be home, sitting in my Mum
s kitchen and hopefully I will have had a cream slice......naughty I know, but NICE!
BritinNJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 01:54 PM   #117  
Gym'll fix it!!

I'm beginning to think that your only going for that bloody cream slice Chris I was 'talking' to my daughter last night and its very humid in the north-west and thundering at night hope your Mum is getting better weather but who cares? when you're home you're home
Old 08-11-2004, 01:58 PM   #118  

It's been sunny one minute then thundering and lightening for about a week now.
veggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 02:52 PM   #119  
Theres no stopping me now

Hello all. I survived my camping trip to sunny (NOT!!!) St Andrews. We spent the entire week apart from when it was raining under the sea haar. My feet are sore from being wet all week, but i loved it.

Back at work now and started WW again on Tuesday. Is hard work, but i need to do it.

Am going for the results of my blood pressure tests in an hour and am dreading what the doc says. He will no doubt take my blood pressure, they normally do, and the thought of that is enough to send mine sky high.

Weigh this week was scary, have exceeded my heaviest every with all the boozing I have done over the last few weeks, beware veggie, it happens to all easy, think I was drinking super fattening wine instead of the ordinary very fattening kind. Diluting balck current juice from here on down.

Speak to you all later

Carol
Smiling Sal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2004, 03:02 PM   #120  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Carol,

with Weightwatchers you CAN do it i'm glad you enjoyed yourself despite the rotten weather i'm camping this weekend but rain won't be the problem i'll bake its even hotter up island than it is here it'll be 35 degrees+ where i'm headed