UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2003, 11:45 PM   #451  
Gym'll fix it!!

Oh Dear, poor Pen i take it they were'nt Lew's balls that she was chasing (sorry could'nt resist that one Chris )
And poor Lew if he does lick his *alls they'll taste sour i think they may both lose some weight in the near future maybe we should all sprinkle some of that sour apple stuff on our food..it just might have the desired effect
Old 06-04-2003, 06:44 PM   #452  
Gym'll fix it!!

Where is our Carol? i've been waiting for her to post something for days about life in Scotland come on Carol..good or bad we want to hear it
Old 06-06-2003, 11:55 AM   #453  
Gym'll fix it!!

Still no stories of life in Scotland i take it theres not much happening in your world Carol? apart from work
It is so hot here..20 degrees already and its not 9am yet..it'll reach 32 degrees today i'm getting a great tan but not moving very much so the "diet" is suffering...i could'nt sleep last night i had all the patio doors and windows open and there was'nt a breath of wind it'll probably be the same tonight..i love this weather but it would be nice to get a reprieve at night to get some zzzz's No plans for the weekend i'm going to surf the net and look for the "eat all the chips and chocolate you want and lose 5lbs a week" diet HAVE A GOOD ONE!!
Old 06-06-2003, 12:31 PM   #454  
Theres no stopping me now

I want that diet if you find it, Cathy.

Life has been hectic but when I look back I have accomplished nothing. Have walked and swam and ate and ate and drank, gone to sleep, got up. A normal week.

Haven't been an angel at all this week, but feel I still have time to pull it all togther before weigh in on Monday, but I need to act now. Made myself up a treat box last night, with 6 points worth of food I can eat at any time all day. Brought myself some new tubs to set this up in and have just realised I've left them at work, will just need to make do this weekend.

Both boys have pals staying this week, I must be mad,at least they will keep each other occupied

Am going to treat them to McDonalds for dinner, only they don't know it yet. Ray has kicked them all out while he cleans, doesn't happen often enough. So I am hiding on here.

See you soon
Old 06-07-2003, 12:22 AM   #455  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hey..what a brilliant idea Carol just what did you put in your "tuck box" ? i like the sound of that and when its empty thats your lot until tomorrow i might just pinch that idea and put it into practice.
Old 06-07-2003, 04:17 AM   #456  

I had 2 oatcakes, a meringue nest, a packet of dried appricots, half a curly wurly and a jelly with tropical fruit in it. Have eaten everything bar the jelly, just have that and my meals to do me until 6pm. I had 6 points worth of stuff in my box, it was dead good sitting munching last night knowing I had counted it all.

Hope it feels as good tonight.

Have found some motivation tips in am email, am going to try and put them into practice

Stop worrying about how you are TODAY. Today is almost history.
Instead, think how you are going to change over the coming weeks or months.

Developing one good habit for life is better than making a truckload of short-term changes.

A short-sighted dieter is already dead meat.

Really like this last one, need to be long sighted to see where I'm going. Trouble is I am very short sighted in real life, surely if I keep my specs on though I should be able to see far enough away to see where I'm headed.

We have lost our sunshine, have woken up to rain this morning. Am still going to go for a walk later on, maybe it'll have stopped by then, if not I'll just take my brolly

The 4 boys behaved themselves all night, just got to hope they all like the same kind of breakfast.

Jumped my scales thsi morning, they read the same as yesterday which is down a pound. Had a really good night last night, first night in over a fortnight I didn't have a drink, not even a pointed glass of wine. Am determined to break back of that habit again. It does make a big difference to my weight.

Here's to a good day to day.
Old 06-07-2003, 09:47 AM   #457  
Gym'll fix it!!

Yeh, you can say that again Carol it certainly does affect your weight..if i did'nt drink beer this would be a doddle and most of the time i count it but it is definitely true about it affecting your appetite because after i've had a few i throw all caution to the wind and start munching
Old 06-07-2003, 09:20 PM   #458  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

The tips are great I don't know where this week has gone, it seemed to drag at the beginning and now has flown by. We have had constant rain all day long today. I have stayed home cleaning and doing laundry and only went out earlier this evening with a friend to drop her daughter off at a school formal dance. She looked fantastic in a long blue shimmery strapless gown. Looked much older than 15. I told her to keep out of reach of all those randy boys.
I've walked Pen and Lew for the first time this week, in the rain of course. They both enjoyed the walk and I did too. I think that's been half my problem this week with tiredness, missing our nightly walk. Pen and Lew are both on the mend, Pens leg is doing a lot better and Lews balls are looking as they should, bless him, he must have been in agony and I reckon the apple stuff stung him, so we stopped that and used vasaline instead...can you all just now imagine me tackling a dog to the ground to rub vasaline on his bits.....stop laughing any time now please!
I went out shopping with a friend last night, got some bargains. A rather nice tartan handbag, very compact, originally fifteen bucks and on sale for three and a few pennies. Got a few new tops too, ready for when this sun comes out and finally stays with us (hoping and praying it does happen).
Right, that's it for now, heading for a nice soaky bath and relaxation now. Have a great Sunday everyone.
Old 06-08-2003, 12:29 PM   #459  
Gym'll fix it!!

ROFL sorry..can't stop laughing at that image Chris did Dave get jealous
Old 06-08-2003, 07:38 PM   #460  
Wahey a loss this wk!!!!!

Hi all
My first shift in my new job turned out to be eventful. One of the residents passed away. Even staff who were off duty came in to pay their respects! After that they asked me if I would be turning up for my second shift. I told them it would take more than a death on my first night to stop me coming in. They also have another resident on the verge of dying. Luckily I happen to be death & dying at uni this year!
Old 06-08-2003, 09:43 PM   #461  
Slow and steady

Dave was very jealous Cathy...LOL...Lew enjoyed every minute of the ball rub though
Leigh, well done on your first eventful night at work. I'm sure you'll have nicer times than this and you seem to be able to deal with things in a very positive way. Good for you.
Old 06-08-2003, 11:22 PM   #462  
Gym'll fix it!!

OMG leigh-r...what a first day/night for you what a trooper you are glad that you were'nt put off by it its nothing anyway..is it? sad for relatives but its just people going to a better place in my opinion if that sounds crass it is'nt meant to be, i had one of those out of body experiences when i was a kid and i told them too many "truths" when i came back for it not to have been real in any event the the term was'nt even heard of back then so it's entirely up to the individual what they believe glad it did'nt phase you.

Chris..just got an image of Lew (legs wide open..NOT eyes) and i won't even mention Dave...LOL
Old 06-09-2003, 06:24 PM   #463  

Leigh what a horrible start to your new job, can only get better from here.

Had a mixed weekend. Went to St Andrews on Saturday, was really good, on the beach, in the castle, at the chip shop

Felt very relaxed. Then on Sunday afternoon my old cat passed away. She was 17 years old and I felt teary for the rest of the day. Ray brought me a bottle of wine to cheer me up, but he is adamant we are not getting a new kitten, we have 5 fish, a hamster and a cockateil should be enough.

Still managed a loss despite all the booze. Am determined to have a good week. I only have 17 weeks until I have been doing WW for a year, I thought it was about 22 . I really want to have lost 3 stone by the time I have been at it a year. But at the moment I seem to be playing at it more than before so it is time to get serious again and see some of these pounds melt before my very eyes.

Heres to a successful week.
Old 06-10-2003, 10:39 PM   #464  
Slow and steady

Hello...where is everyone at? Did you all have a day off and go out somewher together? No posts today at all from anyone, very scary!
Beautiful weather here today girls, I even have some colour on my thinning arms.
Weigh in day for me tomorrow, am hoping to see a downwards movement on them scales as I've been at a stand still for the past fortnight. Wish me luck and I'll let you all know how I get on tomorrow.
Good luck to everyone else weighing in too.
Old 06-11-2003, 08:32 AM   #465  

Am still here, just a busy bee. Have been an angel this week. Am deteminded to get into the lower half of the 14 stone next week. I really want to see 14 stone 6.5lbs (202.5lbs)on the scales on Monay at the very most. And the next challenge is to get below the 200lb mark.

So I have decided this week is to be a perfect week, so far so good, but it is only Wednesday lunchtime. No negativity intended there, just slipped in. should read, I have lasted to Wednesday lunchtime already.
Closed Thread