UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2003, 04:12 PM   #511  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Ladies

Awwww poor Holly i'll bet you've been spoiling her rotten since then have'nt you Teel?

Chris..have a great day at the beach

I've just exercised for the first time in 4 days i've been a naughty cat so this week i'm going to be an like Carol On plan so far today..just having an icepop and its only 17 cals so its a bargain not sure about the taste tho' cherry i think but its cold and its hitting the spot.
Old 06-30-2003, 07:11 PM   #512  

I am sooo relieved that I know exactly where Holly will be for the next four days....she is coming at about 09:30 to pick her upu. Tomorrow also, the wasp nest exterminater is coming to wage war in the garden shed...and the house maids that clen through every four weeks are due at 11:30 hrs, and Iam supposed to be where I will be for the next four days at noon.... some organise concorde and large brandy for me, please???

I don't know if I have access to a computer where I am going, so I might be able to sneak in and keep an eye on you all, or I might just disappear till Friday....."how will it end"????..."I do not know. 'Tis a mystery!"
Old 07-01-2003, 04:05 PM   #513  
Theres no stopping me now

Time is against me as usual. Having be working tonight and time has ran away with me, nothing new.

Sean is trying to control his temper. He is stopping when he recognises that he is about to lose it, a big improvement. He is even talking to his brother instead of hitting first and thinking later - or more realistically not thinking at all.

Am not sure how we have managed such a dramactic turn around in a few days, but whatever has happened it is a big improvement and lovely to have my boy back Am just hoping it lasts

Eating has been garbage tonight, because I have been working. Back to it tomrrow. Really want to lose another 2lbs next week.

till later
Old 07-02-2003, 04:27 PM   #514  

Abracadabra!!!!!

HEE HEE!! You see, you cannot hide from me even when I am not at home!Yes, we have access to the house computer so I thought I would sneak up behind you and make sure you are all behaving yourselves

All is quiet here, and as far as i know, the house has not burned down yet!!Yesterday evening though, I had to make a mad dash home to get my insulin pen needles that I was sure I had put in my bag..... only to discover I had autommatically put the new needle loaded pens back into the fridge.....it turned out to be a useful trip though, 'cos the wasp-nest exterminator man had been and gone, leaving a note, saying he could not find a nest and could I ring and tell him where to find it!!!!! I went into the garden to look in the shed and see if I could locate it, when my neighbour arrived to see why I was at home. I told her about the w.n.e.m.(wasp-nest-exterminater-man)and she said "I don't know why he is having so much trouble, there are four wasps zooming around your head right now!!" At which point I ducked .....and rang them up to leave a message.Perhaps I should send him a map of my garden....x marks the spot....THE SHED!! I DO hope he has been today, and the council pest control don't even think about charging me a second call out fee of £25, which has to be paid before he will even leave the office....

Well that turned out to be a longer epistle than I intended, so I will shoot off now,take care everybody, .....I wonder if Henman can possibly win this teeth grinding match tomorrow!!
Old 07-02-2003, 04:30 PM   #515  

oH, P.S. BritinNJ.... what is a tankini!!!!
Old 07-02-2003, 05:08 PM   #516  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Teel, hope by the time you return that your nasty waspies have been exterminated.....
A tankini is a two piece swimming cossie, but the top is long and comes down to meet the bottoms, with just maybe a tad of tum showing. My new one is very comfy, doesn't ride up and show things I don't want to show yet.....cos this bod is definitely NOT ready for a bikini....maybe after another fifty pounds gone though....here's hoping
Old 07-03-2003, 05:34 AM   #517  

Hi to those across the big pond. I can understand you all going to a shop selling English products like marmite but why do some of you buy Heinz baked beans? Surely they have them in USA? Or do they taste differently? One of my colleagues is a yank and her mum posts her USA salad dressing as she doesn't like ours! What is the difference?

Does anyone know of a dressing called Citrus splash? I think it was either by Heinz or Hellman's. I heard it was no longer made but on a cookery website lots of people were going on about it.

Teel - oh my god, just what I would really hate to have - a wasps' nest. I hate the #uggers! For some reason they insist on following me everywhere!

My aunt had three once where she used to live. Two in the garden and a maga huge one in the loft/attic which filled a wheelbarrow!

I remember watching a programme on TV - a reconstruction of a policeman and his dog searching in an attic for drugs. The poor dog found a wasp nest. They dog got covered in them and they guy had to put him in the bath.

The dog survived but he is retired now.

Sorry Teel, didn't mean to worry you! Hopefully the nest is gone now. Do check next year in case they come back (look out for the queen who will be patrolling round trying to find a "des res".
Old 07-03-2003, 02:02 PM   #518  
Gym'll fix it!!

Peacock..yes..you can get Heinz beans over here and yes they taste very different in fact they are a different colour and not as runny i can live without beans tho' and hubby can't tell the difference anyway ( i think only us women can do that) but there are lots of other things that i can't get like Vimto and mushy peas so i'll buy them now and again along with a bar of Cadbury's Turkish Delight i know when i get back to England i'll head straight to the chippy for Steak Pudding and Chips
Old 07-04-2003, 08:41 AM   #519  

Eating has been erractic to say the least, very very very very stressed. Gave myself a stern talking to last night and am back on teh straight adn narrow again. I want another loss on monday night.

My neighbour joined my ww class on monday and I was chatting to her last night, she has been an angel, can't have her lossing and me gaining.

really need to cut my finger nails they making typing really hard
Old 07-04-2003, 01:16 PM   #520  
Gym'll fix it!!

A bit of competition i like that..it makes me work just a little bit harder come on Carol..you can do it you show her! I've just had my brekky..cornflakes with fat free skimmed milk and weightwatchers toast with jam i'll have to figure out my calorie count..don't want to push the boat out too much today
Old 07-05-2003, 04:27 AM   #521  

Have had an eating week, do not think the scales will be going the right way for me this week servers me right

Am being an angel now though, might be a tad late to undo all the damage before Monday evening
Old 07-05-2003, 02:09 PM   #522  
Gym'll fix it!!

You can undo a lot of the damage Carol you've got all tomorrow and all day Monday stick with it

I had 4 really good days during the week and have'nt lost an ounce but yesterday i went overboard had 2 beers last night and 2 KLONDIKE BARS (320cals + 19 fat gms each!!) so i well and truly blew it yesterday..the little in me got out!
I'm hoping to stay on track today..its not helping that i could'nt exercise because of my toe but i managed to hobble 1.25mls yesterday so thats a start.
Old 07-06-2003, 09:47 PM   #523  

Dear dear me, for an English site....ooops ok then, a U.K. site, I don't understand half the things you gals chat about!! What, pray is a Klondike bar?It sounds rather scrummy and I should hope so with those statistics...19 grams fat!!!

Well I STILL have my wasps nest in the garden shed the pest inspector man has been TWICE, all to no avail. I hope I don't have to fork out for three visits!!
1. no-one at home, could not find nest (despite instructions)
2.he came back, located the nest site, he thought, but couldn't get in 'cos the shed was locked!!!!DOOOOOH!!
Last time I had a nest in my attick he said he did not need to get in with it, but would spray the stuff in through the gap the wasps were using as entrance and exit. As these wasps are using the gap at the top of the door, caused by the door dropping one side, and the hole where a wood knot has fallen out, AND the keyhole, I really did not expect to have to attend the grand opening of the door ceremony!AAAAAAARGH.

So there you have it. The whole tale of woe, from beginning to end. Except that the saga has not finished yet.........

Night night.....be positive...a new week has arrived...
Old 07-07-2003, 01:11 PM   #524  
Gym'll fix it!!

LOL what a dummy! ( the waspman i mean ) you must be more sick of him than the wasp Teel you never know the wasps might die off before he gets back to them

A Klondike bar is a glorified choc ice they are burger shaped have a choc biscuit base then icecream in the middle..topped with caramel and covered in chocolate with peanuts yummy! and i ended up eating the other 2 on Saturday hubby never got a chance!! I have a lot to make up for this week
Old 07-07-2003, 09:53 PM   #525  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Cathy, in seven years of living over here, I have never had a Klondike bar and now I want one cos it sounds so yummy. I wonder how many points they are? Maybe if I show a loss (not hopeful after 4th July weekend) I'll treat myself to one.
It's been rather warm and muggy here today, temps in the ninties and heat index in the hundreds. Supposed to be hotter tomorrow with the heat index of 110. Lovely jubbly I say. It was my first day back at work for the summer today, what a palava. Three new kids turned up and one was not happy to be there, he flipped out and trhew a book case over and he had a mean kick and some good punches and slaps. Was a fun morning! Hopefully tomorrow will be less on the violent side.
No AC either so with a mass of children running about in a large room it was rather sauna like by eight thirty this morning. Needless to say, when I got home this afternoon, I flopped on the couch and had a very nice cool nap. Was a good chick tonight and headed to Curves and sweated some more, have just realised I'm low on points tonight so dug into the digestives, two points each and when I was having a good old fashioned dip in my tea with the first one, half the blooming thing fell in. Do I count this half a point or not? LOL! Does anyone else dip their biccies?
Have a great week everyone, hope you get rid of those waspies soon Teel........
Closed Thread