UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 11:29 AM   #376  
Gym'll fix it!!

That's fantastic Carol..what a birthday present i have a birthday coming up too but i won't be celebrating a 2st loss like you will
Old 05-05-2003, 03:30 PM   #377  

Carol...do your fingers ache after that mammoth essay?!!
And did you get that little ironing job done Are you doing something special for your birthday celebrations? I think DH ought to give you a clean blank cheque so you can go out on a clothes shopping spree, you certainly deserve to treat your body with something good to wear....or take off when the need arises!!!Oooops sorry!!!!!!!!! You will have to give the UK a three minute warning when you get to buying smaller and smaller sizes....we'll have to batten down the hatches

Hello to everyone lurking and taking a peek at what us chatterboxes get up to....we do appear quite normal when we are out on the street, honest!!!!

Old 05-06-2003, 02:47 AM   #378  
Theres no stopping me now

No aching fingers, they needed the exercise. I am trying to come up something specail Ray can buy me for my birthday. I may look into a new wedding ring as I had to have mine cut off as my fingers got too fat for it. But part of me is reckoning that if I buy one now I'll need to get it altered as I lose weight so I may be as well to wait until my fingers are smaller yet.

Have got my thinking cap on for a special present

Have to go to the emergency dentist this morning - not my favourite way to start the day.
Old 05-06-2003, 02:25 PM   #379  

Geez teel, that was funny...took this lurker by surprise... carol sorry to hear about your dentist trip, I think everyone reading that are just glad it is you and not them Why don't you get the new ring while the going is good and wear it around your neck on a chain. That would be some incentive. cheers flo
Old 05-06-2003, 03:31 PM   #380  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hey Carol..if you keep typing for Scotland like that and your fingers keep getting all that exercise they'll be at "goal" size in no time and you'll be able to wear that "small" wedding ring

@ Teel..will i have to batten down the hatches over here too?
Old 05-07-2003, 04:07 PM   #381  

OK the teeth are sorted. All the work has been done, I have a nice new plate with 3 false teeth on it. And a bottle of wine in the fridge to help me relax into a good nights sleep. Things can only get better teeth wise now, I just need to adapt to this new thing in my mouth

One good thing, I haven't managed to eat anything yet with it in, maybe a big aid to losing weight - not one I would reccommend though
Old 05-07-2003, 04:09 PM   #382  

Cathy - did you get an email from emily (jelynn) with pictures of the new arrival ?

Sorry to everyone else who is now feeling totally excluded
Old 05-07-2003, 07:43 PM   #383  

Red face

I do. I feel excluded. Im a newbie hello
Old 05-07-2003, 09:02 PM   #384  
Gym'll fix it!!

Yes i did Carol and she also posted one over at the Yahoo site
how come 3 false teeth? when only one broke? i'm sure the wine will fix the problem
Old 05-08-2003, 06:04 AM   #385  

Hello newbie veggie - how are you - ha ha ha

Cathy 3 false teeth because I had 2 missing on the other side of my mouth already and the dentist decided to fill them in for me. I ould have been just as happy with a crown. Is really odd having this thing in my mouth, am sure I will get used to it eventually.

Was supposed to be going to Dundee this afternoon, but the plan has changed, so will stay in a very windy Stirling. But I was supposed to be going out to lunch with a colleague in Dundee, now I have no lunch and will need to force myself to either stroll down to the town to get something or drive round to sainsbury's - what a choice
Old 05-08-2003, 03:53 PM   #386  
Gym'll fix it!!

Never mind Carol..the change of plan might have saved you some cals and if you did walk into town you'll have burned some cals as well
Old 05-08-2003, 06:11 PM   #387  

Hello everyone

this is a really quick post...sorry but I am SO distressed 'cos my back operation booked for next week has been cancelled. At the moment, FOREVER .Not entirely sure why but my g.p. read out a letter from my consultant 60 miles away and it seems that he had consulted my cardiologist and then decided the risk was too great. I suppose starting an op. on someone with a heart functioning at 26% is not an easy decision to make.

I will write more when I manage to stop the tears and stop my eyes stinging.

take care try be good

love from Teel
Old 05-08-2003, 06:45 PM   #388  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

Dear Teel,
Sorry to hear your news. Keep your chin up though luvey cos I'm sure there will be another shot at it. We're all here for you and will give our support in everything you need. Just let us know.
Take care of yourself and we'll see you on here soon.
Old 05-09-2003, 12:08 PM   #389  
Gym'll fix it!!

Oh Teel..i am so sorry to hear that but like Chris said "Chin up" keep on plan and getting stronger and another chance will come..we are all here for you..don't forget that
Old 05-10-2003, 06:16 AM   #390  

Oh Teel, what can I say, keep your spirits up and as the others say we are here for you.

Have drunk far too much last night. Had a couple of friends over for a girly night and am suffering this morning.

Am thinking about taking the boys out on their bikes later on, will need to wait until I sober up though
Closed Thread