UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 06-17-2003, 08:19 PM   #481  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

I'm with you there Cathy, we are so definitely being ripped off! I bet tea bags are only a pound something too for 80 and here I am forking out nearly six bucks!!! Last time I went to Brit shop I paid nearly two bucks for a can of heinz baked beans and last time I was home and stocked up they were like thirty p or something!
Teel, I too was wondering where everyone has got to these days although I'm not complaining about the company that's here all the time either. I did see a few posts from Peacock but it says peacock two so I think it's the same person?
Weigh in day for me tomorrow, I've been an absolute angel all week so please, please, please let some fat have dropped off this time. Have a great week everyone.
Old 06-18-2003, 03:14 PM   #482  

HI I am here but things are not good at the moment and I have been busy too. Hey at least the weather was ok at the weekend (in UK anyway).

I went back to where I had lived before (Peckham and Dulwich) and noticed our old had obviously been burgled as the new occupants has patched up a window and there was a security grill in fron of the french doors. We had been done twice while living there so I think Mum was glad she had moved.

She did like her time there as it was easy to get to the West End from there but is enjoying herself now she is in Hampshire.

It is quite fun to go back sometimes and try to remember all that was there, what shops have gone and what ones are new. I was amused to find I got lost on the way to Dulwich Park and ended up in Herne Hill so got to Brockwell Park instead. Still I go there in the end!

Has anyone else gone back to visit there old "manor?".
Old 06-18-2003, 03:21 PM   #483  

Yes Teel I was Peacock and am now Peacock 2. I could not log in as before so just kept the name and put a number on the end. I did say so in a post a while back. Unfortunately I could not get the big fat cat picture back. Never mind.
Old 06-18-2003, 05:58 PM   #484  
Gym'll fix it!!

I have Peacock..but one of the old manors where i was born has been knocked down (old fart!!) Its a shame about the tea leafs!! I've been burgled once in my life and it stinks and i foiled an attempted break in here..good job i'm a housewife otherwise they would have been in
Old 06-18-2003, 10:22 PM   #485  
Slow and steady

I always drop by and see the houses where I used to live when I'm home. I always feel very nostagic and get quite snotty if some one undoes the work I did while living there too.like it's still mine...or something.
Wehn I was back in AZ in April I checked on our house out there, we are renting it out as we plan on retiring back there in a few years, and it was so weird knocking on the door and walking through MY house with other people's stuff in it. Very weird.
One house I lived in in England was under reconstruction last time I was home and I've not seen it since, but I bet it's rather more beautiful than when I lived in it, and it was nice enough then. I'll have a look, next time I'm home though, for sure. I do know one thing though, I won't miss the house we presently live in here, it's very crappy and things fall apart on a regular basis and it's far too small, but on the bright side, I know there's a lod of people in this world who would look at it like it was a palace so I won't grumble too much cos I do know I am a very fortunate person to have a roof over my head (even if it does leak at times).
Old 06-19-2003, 03:23 PM   #486  
Theres no stopping me now

Sometimes go past where me and Ray used to live, we left there about 9 years ago, but it still feels like my house.

I'm hoping that we get some new posters or some old ones back soon, else we might end up being 'shut down' happened to another thread - hopefully not this one.

Didn't take any pictures of the cairngorms when I was up last time Teel, I,m going back up in about 6 weeks will take a few for you then.

Eating has been perfect until tonight. It is Rays birthday and we went to pizza hut and the wine is chilling in the fridge - need I say any more When I don't lose on Monday, remind me about this.
Old 06-20-2003, 12:45 PM   #487  

Aha!!!!Peacock2! I thought I remembered you saying you had difficulties logging on one day, sorry ,friend, to have missed you off the "original posters list!"
Old 06-20-2003, 02:51 PM   #488  
Gym'll fix it!!

Carol..its my hubby's birthday too he went out for brekky with his pals and i have'nt seen him since so i doubt any celebrations will affect my diet (which is bad anyway ) I don't think he will be "celebrating" anyway as he has reached the big 50 today and he still thinks he's 19 but i know that he'll be drinking plenty of Budweiser.

Chris whereabouts in AZ is your house? not that i know the place well but i drove through there on my way back home from Miami and on the way i drove through a really cute little town called Wyckenburg..i would like to go back sometime and check it our again
Old 06-20-2003, 04:02 PM   #489  
Slow and steady

Cathy, my house is really close to Wickenburg. We're about 16 miles south of it in a place called Surprise. It's a really fast growing area at the moment and has been since we bought our house there seven years ago. When we first moved in, our house backed on to a lovely park area and then it was desert. Now you have to drive for twelve miles to see any desert.
Here's a question for you now. How long have you lived in Canada and is your hubby Canadian or did you just decide to emigrate there?
I have had a bit of a piggy day today, ate two bagels, but they are counted in my points, its just something I don't eat very often, so nnow feel like a pig. Will have a very lovely healthy dinner tonight though.
Old 06-20-2003, 08:48 PM   #490  
Gym'll fix it!!

I'll have to look on my map Chris to see if i can find it what a small world..i could have dropped by and asked for a cuppa
I've been in Canada for 9 years..hubby is English too and he's been here for 22 years..we go way back..we used to be engaged in our teens but we fell out and went our separate ways then got together again in 1993 thats how i ended up here i think i would have been very happy to stay in England for the rest of my days if it had'nt been for him and i make a point of telling him so when i'm P.O.'d with him!
Old 06-20-2003, 11:30 PM   #491  
Slow and steady

You're right about it being a small world Cathy. We plan on being back in AZ in about another two to three years when Dave retires, so if you ever plan on being down that way again, let me know and we'll have that cuppa or two.
I think that's really awesome that you were with your hubby in your teens and reunited with him again after your falling out. Must be true love I say. Does he miss England too anytime, or is he really settled in Canada. Dave misses British beer but that's about it...but I didn't even expect that much as he's American...LOL!
It has pored down her this evening, of course it always comes down harder, when I'm ferrying kids here and there, I have to go out again at midnight to pick number one son up, hope the rain has ceased up a bit by then. It's bad enough driving here at night, as we're in the middle of the boonies and there's hardly any lights to give you guidence.
Have a great weekend everyone. Eat well and healthily.
Old 06-21-2003, 07:02 AM   #492  
Theres no stopping me now

Have fell off plan, started with the pizza on Rays birthday followed by too much wine for a school night and feeling a bit under the weather on Friday morning, so I ate everything in sight to try and make myself feel a bit better. Ate continously all afternoon, was healthy stuff so not too bad, but ate too much of it. Munched my way round the kitchen last night, then had a fried pizza from the chippie - WHY ??? - followed by more wine, half a packet of sensation crisps and I must have been munching during the night as the kitchen bunker was covered in shreddies this morning.

36 hours off plan, 36 hours not a lot, but a lot of serious eating was done. Did I enjoy it ? I did Rays pizza but not the rest. yesterdays eating was all due to the wine the night before, so why did I have more wine last night - who knows

Have had a serious talk with myself this morning. I have a notebook I write in occasional about how I'm feeling about my healthy lifestyle, where it's gone wrong, what I'm going to do to get back on plan. This morning I wrote 6 pages, got it out of my system though.

I know I need to plan. Plan my eating, plan my exercise and plan my fluids - good healthy ones not just booze.

Tonight I am off to a friends and there will be more wine, but I will enjoy myself more and like myself more in the morning if I have a glass of water after each glass of wine. Is easy to type that this morning, will not be so easy to actually do it tonight. But I am the only one who can make it happen.

I like myself every morning - thought I better qualify that. Would just like to wake up and be proud of myself for staying with it. My body will benefit with all the water as well, think the wine will cancel out any goodness it might give me, but at least I won't be dehydrated.
Old 06-21-2003, 08:33 AM   #493  

Ooh Sal, you naughty girl, but you have punished yourself enough with feeling guilty, so now, get back on that wagon and get back to it.....here, grab a hand or 20,000 or so!!!

Old 06-21-2003, 09:27 AM   #494  

Oh dear Carol! Loved the bit about the Shreddies (you can always blame it on mice ..or pixies come to that!).
Old 06-21-2003, 01:22 PM   #495  
Gym'll fix it!!

Chris..hubby does'nt miss England AT ALL! not like me
he thinks the weather is crap (and it is) and the people are always sick with a cold or something (which is true a lot of the time) and i must admit we are never ill over here..i guess thats because it is so wide open and there are not as many people. The last time i went to England i was ill with a cold for a month (thanks to the sister in law) and it was weeks before i got it out of my system but i don't care it was worth the red nose just to be back amongst friends

Carol..good idea about drinking the water in between glasses of wine make sure that you do it! Your head will thank you in the morning
Closed Thread