UK Fat Chicks Meet dieters in your area, discuss weight and food issues unique to the UK.

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2003, 02:31 PM   #301  
Theres no stopping me now

Blew it big style at the buffet lunch today, just ate and ate and ate - was good at the time though. Will just need to screw the heid tomorrow.
Old 03-19-2003, 01:12 PM   #302  

Thsi is fast becoming my own personal journal.

Today I wore my pedometer all day and by teh time I can home from work I had walked nearly 3 miles, 1.5 of that was on my lunchtime walk. WIll be intresting to see how far I have walked by bedtime. I haven't walked any further just because I have it on.

Need to take the boys swimming tonight - in fact I need to go make their dinners before we go

bye
Old 03-19-2003, 01:45 PM   #303  
Gym'll fix it!!

Its fun talking to yourself is'nt it Carol? i do it all the time i might just buy one of those pedometers it would be interesting to see how much mileage i do every day..how exactly do they work? i've never fathomed that one out..i mean..on a treadmill the mileage is worked out by how many revolutions the belt turns past a certain point but you don't have wires or anything around your ankles do you? so how can it work i'm having a magnus magnussen moment
Old 03-20-2003, 04:21 PM   #304  

Tried to post from work earier but it just kept getting lost.

The pedometer counts by bouncing, is good fun and a good gimmick for me at the moment, have even being wearing it at work and have been surprised to see just how far I walk in an average working day, so far the average is a mile between 9 and 5. All goes to help the weight loss.

Today has been a disaster eating wise, managed to delete the chairmans email account, guess if you are going to do it do it in style. Hopefully will be all sorted tomorrow morning, but not good for the stress levels, especially when it won't restore back !!!!! Am all calm now - I think.

Went shopping for boots at lunchtime and came back with new boots and the pair of size 18 trousers I tried on last week, that I liked but that were still just too tight. I didn't try them on again in teh shops, but I tried them onto show Ray and they fit HURRAY HURRAY HURRAY All this exercise is paying off, I will be wearing them to the wedding on Saturday, althougth I will probably take a pair of size 20's with me to Aberdeen too, just in case.

Am a happy smiley bunny

have to say though the current style of tops doesn't help. The size 18 top is still too tight and not flattering, whilst the 20 is too big and not flattering - what a choice !!!!
Old 03-20-2003, 04:50 PM   #305  
Gym'll fix it!!

Carol congrats on getting in the smaller size pants you go girl!!
Old 03-20-2003, 06:54 PM   #306  

Hello everyone!!! I am back....er....did you miss me??!!

I didn't actually plan to disappear like that 5 weeks ago now, but I have been in hospital 60 miles away from home for just over 4 weeks, with a combo platter of a virus, terrible dibetes control and a huge chunk of depression, so I was admitted to a hospital in Chelmsford. I got home on Monday but this is the first opportunity I have had to get stuck on to the computer. I shall leave this as a very short post tonight as I have not yet read all the posts you have written and I need to catch up on all the news!!
So bye for now...be back soon
love from Teel xx
Old 03-20-2003, 10:24 PM   #307  
Slow and steady

S/C/G: 229/-/170 ish

Height: 5' 5"

HI Teel, we missed you. Hope you are feeling better and over your virus. Enjoy reading all the posts, I'm sure we're all still as mad as ever. You're not the only one who has been missing, I've not seen TQ for a while either, I wonder if she's still having problems posting.
Old 03-21-2003, 04:19 AM   #308  

Hi Teel, wondered where you where. Hope you are feeling much better now.

Help I have the munches this morning I had a large bowl of cereal and 2 slices of toast.

Those trousers won't fit tomorrow night if I keep going like this
Old 03-22-2003, 04:05 PM   #309  
Gym'll fix it!!

Hi Teel what an ordeal..hope you are feeling wonderful now
Speaking of ordeals..i've had a water leak in the house and after "whining" to my husband for several days about it we discovered this morning that it is the plumbing so we've just hacked into one of the bedroom walls to find it thankfully we can repair it ourselves but its still a pain in the arse
now i need to decide what colour scheme i'll go with next
Old 03-23-2003, 11:10 AM   #310  

Leeks - bad luck Cathy, at least it gives you an excuse to decorate.

Have had a wonderful weekend, went to my friends from work wedding reception, in Aberdeen. Meant droping the kids of, driving up to Aberdeen, finding our hotel and then relaxing all afternoon, before meeting other friends for dinner at 5. Was hard work !!! The wedding reception was fantastic, we had a ball, just a laugh and a lot of fun. Then this morning the breakfast was wonderful !!

Have decided not to go to WW tomorrow night, I will show a gain and I don't want to put a damper on my first, 'grown-up' weekend that I have had in ages.

I will get back onto plan tomorrow and go to WW either on Wed or Thurs.

I do not want the big gain to take away from the fun I had, I had a fantastic weekend and need to remember that not the weight gain from it - not sure that makes any sense to anyone, but I want to be able to look back at the weekend away and be positive and see how much fun I had, not think that that was the weekend that caused me to gain 3 or 4lbs. Think I have ended up programmed to associate everything with my weight - nto this time though.

I wouldn't be doing this if I managed a lot of grown up time - is a very rare occurance

Will be an angel from after tea tonight, as we are taking the boys to the funky forest to make up for not spending much time with them this weekend. It has a great wooden play area, lots of nets and ropes, just right for boys.

Right now am trying to do a bit of housework, am off work on Tuesday as it is Sean's birthday and don't want to spend the whole time they are at school doing housework, haven't managed for a swim for ages and I really want to do that in the morning, before they come home from school for lunch - so I must go tidy and dust and load washing and wipe surfaces, great fun !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 08:25 AM   #311  

Went out for dinner last night and then demolished a bottle of wine - so much for eating well. Then to top it all off, TOM arrived - unexpected, just before lunch - at least I have lots fo excuses for a gain tonight !!!!

None excepted for next week though
Old 03-24-2003, 05:08 PM   #312  

Am feeling very tired and demoralised - just shows you what a wild weekend can do - TOM not helping, but can't blame all this on that. Need to work very hard this week for a loss next Monday.

Is Seanies birthday tomorrow so will be too busy having fun in the evenign to eat.
Old 03-25-2003, 03:21 PM   #313  
Gym'll fix it!!

Happy Birthday Sean hope you had a brilliant day
Girls..i am doing terribly..terribly BAD..and beer is the culprit last night i joined hubby who was burning tree stumps on the property and we stood around the bonfire drinking beer..far more than i planned to do funny how that happens!! I'm going to try and 'do without' until the weekends..otherwise i'm never going to get anywhere...Carol..hope you are doing better today
Old 03-26-2003, 03:49 PM   #314  
Gym'll fix it!!

Was 100% on track yesterday just hope i can keep it up this time eating wise..great..then i thought i have'nt done any exercise tho' so i talked myself into doing a bit at 7.30pm a bit late but better than none
Old 03-26-2003, 05:23 PM   #315  

Well Tuesday was a write off, stuck to plan until about 2pm then just gave up, how often will Sean turn 8 - yes I am just looking for excuses.

Woke up this morning with my sensible head on, I set myself a personal challenge of losing a stone before I go away on 14th April, only 2 weigh ins to go, as I will miss the one on the 14th. And I am 6.5lbs away from the stone. OK if and it should be a big IF, I stick to plan and work my butt like and angel for the next fortnight I may manage it. Will take a miracle and I haven't seen my fairy god mother for a while

So my new realistic target is to get as close to it as possible before I go and reach it as soon as I can after I get back. I am only human.

I realised this morning that I feel different after gaining the pound, it was only one tiny little pound but I would rather of lost it than gained it. I was away for the week, but I was so totally off plan (eating wise) for most of last week I am surprised it was only a pound I gained.

SO if I can eat that much and only gain a pound, imagine what I could do if I ate healthy and still did all the exercising. Decided there is only one way to find out how much I could lose so I am trying it from now on until Monday.

Only thing is am possibly going out on Friday lunchtime and then working on Sunday and we will go to the pub for lunch - will be difficult but I need to be strong and try. No one else can do this for me.

Sean's party was an experience in itself, it was at the local laserquest. Running round in the dark shooting the other teams with lights and loud music. Was really good, if I was having a birthday party myself I would have it there.
Closed Thread