aka Wide in Winnipeg

Is it? gotta try it!!
back at it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:18 AM   #198  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

girls!

Wendy ~ I didn't that day. But I might this week or the next. I really want to get my hair cut. I'm having a hard time with motivation too.

Ro ~ I like some of the shirts and dresses from Alloy.com. I've been drinking ALOT of green tea lately. I'll try the vanilla chai though if I see it next time I go shopping.

Aimee ~ I didn't know there was 3% milk! I'm glad you had a good vaca and didn't gain too much!

I really feel that moving in with Vanessa is going to get me back on track healthwise. I hung out with her and her husband last night and ate boneless chicken wings with chips and salsa. I didn't realize till the end that she had portioned everything. Plus, the house is rather far from any fast food places, I didn't even see my beloved Jalisco's anywhere on that side of town. So yeah, I feel really good about the move. I really should start packing though.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 12:42 PM   #199  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Rosario - from time to time I drink a vanilla chai, thanks for reminding me of it! I tried it again yesterday, it tasted good... but my stomach wasn't too happy with my choice. I might have to stay away from Starbucks, break my morning habit! It'll save me some money anyways!

Shari - when is moving day? I love to pack, its very freeing for some reason. I guess I just like to get rid of clutter. I do feel lucky to have only gained 3 pounds, I ate faaar too much!

It's a little hard being home, my apt is just tooo small for us now. We need to move outta here, but it's hard to pay double the rent. I'm sure I've mentioned before that we pay 575 now, but to move into a 1 bedroom apt we'd be paying 1200. Yucky! The other prospect for us it moving to Winnipeg, we've both been offered jobs there... and within a couple of years we'd be making combined 150,000, vs the 80,000 now. Anyways, its a pretty huge decision considering the weather in Winnipeg is SO different from Vancouver. We'd be giving up very mild weather for very cold weather. We have a lot to think about.. that is whats on my mind these days...

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2009, 03:08 PM   #200  
aka Wide in Winnipeg

Aimee~ ACK, I live here in Winterpeg and it's SO brutal in the winter...and mosquitoes in the summer, but it may be a good change for you!!

Shari~ I feel like packing!! LOL! Wish I could come and help! I have been cleaning out my closet and drawers lately, getting rid of 3 garbage bags full of stuff so far. Reality is that I will never fit into those size 4 jeans that I've been hanging onto for almost 6 years. Most of the T-shirts and tanktops I will never fit my bust into again, maybe if I cut them apart and sewed 2 together it would work! HAHA!

I wish I had some free cash to go get my nails done, my fingernails split length wise so I get gel nails, right now they are so long and I need a fill in the worst way but just can't afford it with RJ going to a birthday party for his friends every week this month so far. Whaaa, I want to be pampered!! LOL!
Good news is I'm down with weight again!! Maybe by the weekend I can be at 140!!

Ok, enough babble from me, back to work I go!
Have a good day ladies!!
Old 04-24-2009, 01:05 AM   #201  

I got on the scale today to see what has happened since yesterday I went up to 259.5, but today I was down to 258.6. I went for a walk today, it's so easy to exercise in the sun!

Wendy - It would be a big change, it would give us an opportunity to save money for a few years to buy a place here.. it wouldn't be a permanent move, just for a few years. It's a huge decision for me, Josh is so easy to make up his mind. Wish I was that certain.

-Aimee
Old 04-24-2009, 05:38 AM   #202  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Aimee ~ I would go for it! you may like it, you may not, but either way you can save up money and add that to the lists of experiences in your life.

Wendy ~ I wish I could get my nails done too. Mainly my toes. They look atrocious, if there was a law against fugly toes, I would have been thrown in year by now and gotten a life sentence!!!

Guys, I haaatteee packing! But I forced myself after I got off work, now I'm at the end of the streak which is why I'm still up at almost 5 am! I got most of my clothes, books, and dvds packed up.
Old 04-24-2009, 12:28 PM   #203  

Shari - nicely done! Packing is hard to get into, but once you start it's hard to stop! Josh and I talked about the move again last night, I think we are leaning towards it... it's not an entirely new experience. I grew up in Winnipeg, my family moved to BC when I was 14 years old, and then I moved back to Winnipeg when I was 18 for a year.

Not much going on over here today, I am working today and tomorrow, but have Sunday off Hopefully I can sleep in! My back has been so sore, so sleeping in hasn't worked for me since we got home. I love sleeping in! Alrighty, I am off to work, have a good day!

-Aimee
Old 04-26-2009, 02:26 AM   #204  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

girls!

TOM started yesterday which explains the bottomless pit my stomach was a few days prior. Thank god I took off a few days this week and next week for the move. This morning I was able to just lay in bed and moan. Washed the rest of my dirty clothes and got some more packing done, just need to get to Wallyworld to get another storage container. I'll probably do some more packing before I get to bed.

Has anyone seen the new WE show, I Want To Save Your Life? I watched it tonight and I thought it was pretty good. The person was this woman named Jennifer, busy working mom. The scene that stood out to me was when he went with her to her favorite bakery and let her get her usual piece of chocolate cake. BUT as soon as they walked out, he let her know that it would take 2 1/2 hours of walking to burn off the calories for the slice of cake and they were going to walk those 2+ hours before she could eat the cake, while she was holding it! 2.5 hours to walk off a piece of cake?! WHOA!
Old 04-26-2009, 04:42 PM   #205  

Shari - Yeah I dunno about walking for 2.5 hours for a piece of cake! But its amazing how fast it can go down at the same time yah know? When exactly is moving day?

It's a sunny weekend here Makes it easier to get out for walks! Today I'm hoping to get a little bit of a tan from the sun... so bad for the skin, yet feels and looks so good. I'm BAD! So my scale is slooooooowly working its ways down. It's getting a little painful actually. It's gone from 258.8, 259.5, 258.6 and then 258.4 today. TOM is supposed to start soon, so maybe thats why it's moving so slowly. I thought the water weight would come right off.. anyways I am off to go for a walk!

-Aimee
Old 04-27-2009, 03:24 AM   #206  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

Aimee ~ Moving day is Wednesday. Two more days!
Old 04-27-2009, 09:38 AM   #207  
Fat-be-gone

shari - I'm glad you're being very positive about your mood. I'm happy that it seems like the right thing for you. I HATE moving. I've had to move 3 times in the past 4 years and I feel like I've moved enough to last a lifetime!! But I guess it is good exercise especially if you're climbing up and down stairs a lot (work those thighs!).

aimee - Did you not take my advice about not drinking coffee??? lol I'm telling you, it'll work wonders for you. Bf's mom stopped drinking her daily cup and hasn't had stomach pains since then. I feel your pain about feeling cramped at home. Me and bf are living in a bedroom in his parents house. I miss my own space and everything!! That move sounds very tempting. And it's good that you already have job offers if you do move. That'd be one thing you wouldn't have to worry about. It might be a good move for you. I'm going to have to follow your lead and start going for walks!! the weather has been L-O-V-E-L-Y!

wendy - Thats funny what you said about your son having a bday party every weekend! What a social butterfly!! I have lots of clothes that I'm keeping but am not ready to get rid of because I'm still hoping to fit into them again one day. Wishful thinking. Why not save your loose change and use that to pamper yourself? I bet in a month you can save up enough to get a manicure or pedicure. It does add up fast! Glad your back down on the scale.

Well, I weighed myself this weekend and I was not happy. 259.6. I can't think of another time being that heavy. I guess I've reached my breaking point and want to finally start doing something about it. It's just upsetting and frustrating that I have so much to lose. grrrrr!! and it's all my fault!!! oh well, I can't stress over that. I just have to work my butt off from here on out.

There's a park near my casa that has a walking trail. I think I'm going to start going for walks. Like I said, the weather has been amazing here ( a little too warm) and I need to start taking advantage of it. I wish my bf would get off of his lazy butt so I wouldn't have to go alone. But he's going to start playing soccer soon and will probably have that extra 5-10 pounds he's carrying around fall off of him in a week! Damn him!!! lol

have a good one gals!!

Last edited by Rosario; 04-27-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 09:24 AM   #208  
Fat-be-gone

hey guys!

I did great yesterday. Stayed OP and went for a 30 minute walk at the park. Gosh, I am really feeling this extra weight! While walking, I was feeling pain in my ankles and knees. So not good. But it might of been the shoes I was wearing too, I don't know.

Bf's sis is in the hospital about to give birth, so I'm planning on heading over there after work. Hopefully, I get home when it's still light outside so I can go walk again.

anyways, here's to another great day!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2009, 10:00 AM   #209  
aka Wide in Winnipeg

Hi everyone! Feeling sick today so not to worried about eating junk when I don't even feel like eating, should get sick more often! I'm actually going to spend the morning in bed and the afternoon studying for a math test tomorrow, not fun. Math and I just don't get along! LOL!
Hope you all have a good day!
Old 04-28-2009, 07:02 PM   #210  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Hey!

Aimee - you need to move here! I can't promise you 150,000k a year, but I can promise an exercise friend! That is worth it? Right? Oh, and you could get a two bedroom basement suite or apartment for less then 1200. More then 575 though, lol.
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote