Old 07-30-2009, 01:01 PM   #1  
mtiger

S/C/G: 251.5/177/145

Height: 5'4"

Wink January Club 2009- Continued

Well Ladies, I am starting up a new thread for us. I will try and figure out how to attach a link to it.

This group started January 2008. We have been together ever since. We support each other on this journey of weight loss. It is a good group and we are always open to newcomers. Join us through the ups and downs, the good and the bad.
mtiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:23 PM   #2  
mtiger

Wink

Just as I suspected. I went up today, 183.4. A whole pound. Could it be the chicken parmesan from yesterday's lunch??? Today I am going to eat better, no going out, and move my arse more. Maybe that will help.

Susie- I hope you got good news at your weigh-in. I know how discouraging it gets when we see little progress. My weigh-in is tomorrow. I am hoping for some loss, but certainly not holding my breath.

Kelly- Tell us how you're doing.

Ward- Come back to us. you are such an inspiration to us all.

Last edited by mtiger; 07-30-2009 at 01:24 PM.
Old 07-31-2009, 08:34 AM   #3  
Maintainer Wannabe

S/C/G: 161/143/135

Height: 5'7"

I will be back later today, I promise. I am hitting the gym right now!
WardHog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:17 PM   #4  
mtiger

Wink

Ward- Yay!! You found us. I hope Kelly and Susie do too. Hope things are going good for you.

Went to lunch with Kelly today. I splurged and got nachos. It got a half order and that was huge. I ate about half of it. The scale seems to be down a bit tonight, so hopefully tomorrow will be a good day. Today I was 182.8. My total weight loss for July was 5.2 pounds. That is huge for me. I must say I was quite excited about that. Now if I could get a good 3 or 4 pounds in August, I would be delighted.

Kelly and Susie- Hope you are both doing well. I also hope you find the new thread. See ya soon.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:26 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Hi everyone. I have been eating well and exercising every day, but still maintaining the same weight. Sucks, but I guess I just need to get used to it.

Mindy--I am so excited for your loss! I think being away from the stress of work has helped. You work so hard, you deserve this loss so much! As I logged on to this page, I noticed many of your posts include, "Kelly and I went out to lunch today." We should probably stop doing that twice a week if we ever want to lose more, huh? Or, we should choose to have Subway one of the days or something. Just a thought.

Susie--Hope you find us ok. How did your weigh in go?

Ward--Looking forward to your post.

See you all soon.
Kelly530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:19 PM   #6  
Maintainer Wannabe

Hi y'all! I have been all over the place with my eating lately and it shows. In fact, I made my husband take my daughter to the pool today so I wouldn't have to put on my swimsuit. ick! So, as of today I am recommitting myself to a healthy lifestyle. Eating has been on plan so far (it's 3:15)! Exercise has been good. Today I walked to and from the gym (1.4 mi) and while I was there I did an hour on the elliptical and Group Ride.

Mindy, I am glad to see your numbers still going down! When do you and Kelly start back to school? My kids start on August 10 - doesn't that seem super early?

Kelly, you are getting pretty close to your goal, so maybe that's why you seem to be stuck.

Susie, I know your workouts have been good. How is the food journal on the blackberry going? How was your weigh-in?

Hope everyone is having a good week-end, and I'll see you here tomorrow.
Old 08-01-2009, 09:26 PM   #7  
mtiger

Wink

Kelly- A subway day would probably be a good idea. I don't want to give up my 2 days, since it is the only thing I do all summer. You are getting really close to your goal. Maybe you just need to do something totally different to get things moving.

Ward- I think summer is especially tough to stay on track. Glad to see you are re-committing. Our children don't come back until Sept 8. I will need to be in my classroom 2 weeks earlier, to move (again) and get set up. The following week is filled with meetings. Aug. 10 seems really early. YUCK!!!

Susie- Hope you find us. Can't wait to hear about weigh-in.

Today I was down to 181.8, almost my lowest. I have about a week before TOM so there is no telling what will happen this week.
Old 08-02-2009, 09:59 AM   #8  

Hi Ladies: I found you!

It looks like everyone is getting into an "amped" up mindset. Me included. I don't have my Blackberry set up yet...I plan on doing that today. I"ve been busy with catching up at work and filling out new job posting applications where I work. There are two new jobs that have popped up that I am very interested in.

Ok...my weigh-in on Thursday. I lost 1 lb..the one I gained last week so I'm even again on my weight tracker. In my head that is a good place to "amp up!".

The best news was at my weighin and final measurments for the YMCA 12 Biggest Challenge that I was in. I showed a 7 lb loss for the 12 weeks and a total of 19 inches lost overall! I lost 2.5 inches of my arms, 4 inches off my chest, 7.5 inches off my waist, 4 inches of my hips1.5 inches off my thighs. I was REALLY pleased with that. The other 2 ladies that I was on a team with, and I have agreed that we will continue measurements at 6 weeks intervals. This was so encourging to me to see the difference that exercise is making on my body

Ward: I'm so glad that you came back! I hope to see you posting every day. I think that will really help you with your new committment to a healthy lifestyle. We are here for you.

Kelly: You are so close to your goal..that is why your weight is leveling out. Hang in there and I agree that you and Mindy should do Subway one time on your "eating together days". I know that you guys exercise together too. Maybe you could find a exercise class that you could visit and try instead of spending your money on food...and maybe afterwards get a protein shake or something? Just a thought.

Mindy: Your body is showing you that it can get to those lower numbers that I know you are working so hard for

Ok. I need to get a move on so I'm not late for church. I'll see you all tomorrow.
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 03:28 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 235/171/150

Hi everyone!

I am still sitting here on my plateau. I looked into some calorie cycling info today and I think I will start trying that tomorrow. One interesting thing I read is that our bodies will naturally adjust the amount of calories we burn based on the amount of calories we eat, so if my body gets used to me eating 1200 calories a day, it will only start burning 1200 calories a day, no matter how much I work out. So, doing the calorie cycling is supposed to keep the body guessing forcing the metabolism to work properly. I guess we'll see! The claim is you'll lose 5-8 pounds in about 11 days.

Mindy--I am not willing to give up our days either. They are what keep me sane! Of course, this week, Pat is joining us on Wednesday, and my kids won't eat Subway, so this might be a bad week to have a Subway day. I am very glad you have seen the 181 mark again. How was it today?

Susie--Wow! That is awesome on the measurements! All that hard work is certainly worth it. Excellent job on the 1 pound loss this week, too.

Ward--Glad you are back. August 10 does seem to be really early for school to start, but you guys get out sometime in May, right? By Michigan law, public schools have to start after Labor Day now. They think it will boost tourism dollars, I think.

Keep up the good work ladies!
Kelly530 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 06:36 PM   #10  
mtiger

Wink

Hey, the gangs all here. Glad everyone found the new thread. I am also happy to see that we are all on fire again. I was back to 183.4 today, but I'm sure it is because I had pizza last night. Planning a nice long walk/jog for this eveening. I also worked my tail off outside today. that always helps.

Kelly- Good luck with the calorie cycling. I have been naturally cycling. I have days I "forget" to eat (low days) and then my more normal days. I hope it works for you. It all makes sense.

Susie- Great jog with losing those inches. That is so exciting. Even when the scale doesn't move much, the body is changing. Keep up the good work.

Ward- Keep working hard girl.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:19 PM   #11  
Maintainer Wannabe

Kelly, I have been calorie cycling for a while and it seems to work for me. When I stick to it, it helps keep the bingeing at bay because if I know I have a high calorie day coming up I can plan to have something that wouldn't normally fit into my plan. Good luck with it!

Mindy, enjoy your walk/jog! Has it been raining a lot there lately? I had to take my run inside to the treadmill this morning because at 7:30 it was 73° and 96% humidity. bleh!

Susie, those are some pretty impressive measurements! It just goes to show you that the scale does not tell the whole story. SEVEN inches off your waist? That is amazing!

So today is day 2 on plan for me. I had a good workout - walked to and from the gym and while there ran 9.1mi in 87 min. My gym is only 0.7 miles from my house, and they just finished putting in a sidewalk that goes most of the way over there. When the kids aren't with me I will be walking back and forth. Anyway, did a total of 10.5 miles, 1:53.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:41 PM   #12  
mtiger

Wink

My walk turned out to be 5.4 miles, a little longer than I thought. Today I worked on the flower bed from H*** and did Jillian's cardio DVD for 35 min. Take that you big, mean ,old scale. Actually I'll be happy to maintain until TOM arrives Sat. Then I WANT A WHOOSH!!!!

Hope everyone is doing great. Keep up the good work.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:16 PM   #13  

I am so tired! I'm just working to hard and not sure what to do about it. It has to be this way for now. I'm trying to balance as much as I can but I missed my lunch time workout and I'm mad at myself for not making it up.

I did write in my feeling journal today. I"ve yet to put my food in the BB on fitday...I'm "learning" to use the BB. I'm getting better at it everyday. So I plan on having this fitday stuff down by the end of the week.

I"m going to bed so I can be sure I have enough sleep. I'll do personals tomorrow.

It's so good to see everyone here!
MyChoice2bfit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 07:20 AM   #14  
Maintainer Wannabe

I hope you got a good night's sleep, Susie. Don't beat yourself up about missing a workout. Sometimes it just doesn't work out, and that's ok!

Mindy, I want a WHOOSH!

I weighed myself today and it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Still up, though. I was on plan yesterday and did Group Ride, and then Group Power. My legs are very sore today but I am planning to do Group Ride again. Maybe they'll loosen up when I start riding.

See you tomorrow.
Old 08-04-2009, 05:50 PM   #15  
Maintainer Wannabe

Oh - today's workout was 36 min on the elliptical, Group Ride, and then 16 min running (1.6 mi). Then we had a playdate at the pool and now I am exhausted. I might miss both of my classes tomorrow; I have a house painter guy coming at 8:30, so Ride is out, but I hope to make Power at 9:30. Eating is on plan.