Old 02-24-2009, 02:57 AM   #91  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Shari - good call, thats FAR too much to be spending! Can you work at the government and do something else as well? I know a few people who work more than one job, I know I really try to work with them to make sure they can to both. If you ever need career advice, I am always available, I have a mom who is a career counsellor and it's rubbed off a little on me! I haven't thought too much about a reward. Josh just bought a tv today, so that might have to do for now. I did want to scream from roof tops though,

My mystery illness is getting better, phew! I now am thinking it was a ton of things that happened all at once, so the stomach stuff is all back to normal. I now just have kidney issues, omigosh, I feel like a hypochondriac! I probably talk about it too much as well, but it's been a huge thing in my life. I'm thankful it's getting better, and it helps to write it all down. I am drinking tons of water, so that can only impact my weight loss in a positive way Do you girls have rewards planned for yourselves? I can't really think of anything to reward myself with! I have to admit I have been getting whatever I want, when I want it.. after years of being so broke it's been nice to be able to do that. But it kind of works against myself in terms of rewards.

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2009, 09:25 AM   #92  
Fat-be-gone

courtnie - welcome back! yes posting is good!! glad you're doing good on weight watchers. I am so coveting a blackberry!! I'm tired of my cheapie 1980's nokia phone. Hopefully when my bf starts working I'll finally be getting mine.

shari - that is a lot for medical insurance. I say, for right now, do go without it. I think Medical insurance is so bogus. I mean, I have it, but I NEVER use it. I know it's good to have in case of emergencies, but their are plans the hospitals provide for people with low incomes. Maybe you should look into some kind of program. Dvd's are hard to stick to. I'm finding that out right now. You have to be really disciplined to get them done daily. At least that's what I think.

Aimee - congrats on your loss!! you're doing awesomely!! I know I need to get in that mindset of mini goals. But it's just so depressing sometimes on how far I am away from my goal. But I'm really trying to not think that way. One day at a time. Haven't planned on any rewards yet. But I am getting a tattoo once I get smaller. Not for a reward only because I think it'll look better once I do lose weight. Take care of your kidneys!! Glad you're feeling better!

Let's see...I didn't work out Fri or Sat. Sunday I did play tennis with the bf. Scale was down 1.4 at weigh in yesterday. But it was up this morning. I have to stop weighing myself everyday!!

Ok, I have a little confession. I am super jealous of my bf's ex girlfriend. She has a nice little body and I am all sorts of fat. It's aggravating. Because I want to be hotter than that. Grrrr!! I hate that I feel like that because I'm probably a better person than her, but who really wants to not be hotter than the EX? Ugh! it's aggravating. And I really need to work on my self-image. Oh gawd I'll leave now because I've got lots of issues and I'm rambling.

TTYL
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 12:46 AM   #93  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

Aimee ~ I'm glad you're starting to feel better. I don't have any solid reward thoughts, just vague ones like clothes and books. I'm definitely getting a pedicure when I lose 10 lbs. One reward was going to be a red Ipod but after that horrible day when I had to put down Leonidas and got water on my Mp3, I'm probably going to have to nix that plan and just go ahead and get the Ipod. My Mp3 player is totally messed up now and I CAN NOT ride the bus without my music! I will probably end up killing someone.

Ro ~ You and I need to definitely work on these self esteem issues. And working out more!

Totally out of left field but I'm loving the new Olay Body Ribbons bodywash! I've been using it for the past three days and today I was getting dressed when I noticed that my boobs were all glittery when the sun hit them! Glitter boobs! That made my day.
JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 01:48 PM   #94  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Shari - I can't believe half your pay cheque goes to medical.. that is SO CRAZY! Reading that makes me so thankful I live here. I pay like $12 a month for medical and dental and eyes for me AND my boyfriend. And he pays about the same at his work. With the two of us, some stuff - like prescriptions is covered %100. i do think you get better service down there though. I had to have my appendix out in Hawaii - yes it was like $20,000 Canadian - but I walked in and they did all the tests and I was recovering 4 hours later. An older friend of ours had his removed like 6 months later here in Canada, he waited so long he almost died! Well he did die on the operating table, but they brought him back.... But I dunno how people can afford to have babies and stuff... wow.

Aimee - congrats on the 10 pounds!! WTG!!! And glad you are feeling better.

Ro - I think everyone feels like that! You always want to be bette then ex's or even if you are an ex you want to be better then the current, LOL

Shari - I want glitter boob!

Amyway, so I am good. Totally in love with my BlackBerry... who would of thought I would get addicted to it so fast... it really is a CrackBerry. It's supposed to snow here tonight, bleh

Happy Hump Day!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2009, 10:11 PM   #95  

Hey Gals! We are back to winter here! Yuck! It started snowing at 1pm, and by 2:30 the roads were covered in snow! By the time my car was finished being fixed, most of it had melted, phew! I thought we were done with this! I am back to calorie counting, I had stopped for a couple days, since I was in such pain. I was talking to Courtnie earlier, and was dreaming of dieting being easier, and being at goal so that the maintenance could begin - and maybe winning the lottery or something I think I need to get comfortable in this calorie counting/exercise thing, it's going to be a while before I get to maintenance. So easy not to want to do this though.

Rosario - I am NOT thinking about my final goal very often.. I think smaller, so at 250, I can fit into a pair of size 16 work pants, at 230, I remember being this small, and I could be happy with that. Uhm, from there it goes to 199, and then 185, and then goal at 160. apparently I have my mini goals planned out more than I thought! I just needs rewards for them! I am totally the jealous type, and I get to hear about all the cougars hitting on Josh, drives me crazy sometimes! Dunno how to get my self esteem up either, I just pretend like its good. Fake it until you make it!

Shari - I totally buy myself everything I want before I get to the point where I'd use them as a reward.. so bad! I think you should DEFINITELY you get your ipod, public transportation isn't something that should be experienced without one! Glitter boobs! Cute!

Courtnie - It totally snowed here earlier, sooo nasty! When did you go to Hawaii? I wannnna goooo!

-Aimee
Old 02-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #96  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Hi, girls.

Havent been around much. My bf's son got sick on friday. My daughter AND my son got sick on Sunday. Then I got sick yesterday!! And im not talking about a cold either!!! Its the horrible stuff! I just wanted to check in I might be back later to post.

I forgot to tell ya that im 230.2! .2 can you believe that!! UGH!!

Also, I have a blackberry curve and I absolutly LOVE IT!!!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:59 AM   #97  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

girls!

Hope you and the fam start feeling better soon Randee.

I went to HR today and (hopefully) got everything settled. I should be getting back the money they took either this paycheck or the next one. Maybe in a way, it was supposed to be this way? I should be getting back around $450 and it's all going towards my WAYYYY overdue power bill. If I disappear for a few days again, it's because the power got cut off. :P Things will get better.

WI today: 257.8
Finally going down, little by little.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:10 AM   #98  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

girls!

Guess what?? I got a 1 year membership to Bally's Total Fitness today! The VA had this special promo and the membership was only $118!!! Of course, I didn't have the money but my mama and my friend Desi went half and half on it for me. I'm so lucky! Now, I just need to wait till Friday to see if I got my money back so I can pay this power bill before I'm left in the dark! Knowing my luck, the power company will wait and turn it off Wednesday or Thursday, and I get the money Friday. I also got a cute new water bottle. The hard plastic one I had (the third one I've brought) cracked. So when I was at Walmart, I saw a red , squishy plastic, 1L bottle and knew I had to have it. Only $2.50!
Old 03-01-2009, 02:44 PM   #99  

Shari - you have some mighty generous people in your life! Very lucky girl!! Congrats on the WI!! Thats a wicked deal on your gym membership, they are SO unbelievably expensive here, the cheapest I've found so far is 45 bucks a month, with a 2 year commitment to get it that cheap, not to mention 100 dollars for a sign up fee, sick right??

Randee - congrats on that wi!! You are losing SOO fast, I'm totally jealous! Sorry to hear everyone is so sick, hopefully you are all better by now!

I am still going along, plugging away, slow and steady? Am I going to win ANY races though? I had a little blip in my scale earlier in the week, and haven't really had the guts to get on since.. Maybe today. Not too much exciting going on in my life either, working, eating, cooking, counting..

-Aimee
Old 03-02-2009, 12:58 AM   #100  

Hmmm... Josh and I looked at engagement rings again today.. went better than last time. Last time I was convinced that it wasn't a good idea, since I couldn't find any good rings. But this time I actually FOUND something I like! Scary! I called one of my friends to tell her about it, she brushed me off Anyways, that was my day!

-Aimee
Old 03-02-2009, 12:16 PM   #101  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwimGirl View Post
Hmmm... Josh and I looked at engagement rings again today.. went better than last time. Last time I was convinced that it wasn't a good idea, since I couldn't find any good rings. But this time I actually FOUND something I like! Scary! I called one of my friends to tell her about it, she brushed me off Anyways, that was my day!

-Aimee
YOU'RE GETTING ENGAGED?!?!?!?!

I saw your status on facebook and came here hoping to see you spilled the beans!

details details!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 02:04 AM   #102  

Courtnie - no details really! I just found a ring I like, and we will keep shopping around because it's not 100% perfect, lol.

Alright, so I took today off work, I was feeling nasty, and headachy, all that fun stuff. But during my lazy day I decided enough is enough with this off plan crap, not that I've been 100% off plan, just about 90%. I've been having more calories, too much bread, and eating late at night. Which leads me to wonder, how many times am I going to need to kick myself in the butt when I start slacking off a little? I get comfortable, slide a bit, get myself going again, slide a little.. I wonder if its this way for others? I made my breakfast and lunch for tomorrow, all healthy, 1,040 calories before dinner and snack.

-Aimee
Old 03-03-2009, 11:30 AM   #103  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Aimee- if you go on theknot.com they have links to absolutly beautiful rings!! Ive been looking around and emailing them to Rob lol.. Im going to "try" to post the pics of the ones I want..they are beautiful..I like two different ones, but I want them to become one!! I want the band of one, and the diamond of the other!!

http://www.verragio.com/gallery_deta...56&slide_num=1

It wont let me copy the pic, but this is the band im loving....

http://www.diamondideals.com/jewelry...tAt/1/JType/2/

and that one is the diamond I want. I want it to look like this, but with the band of the first one!!!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 04:13 PM   #104  
Fat-be-gone

uy..it's been a while and ive been so bad.

aimee- i feel your pain! I need to kick myself in the arse, like, major! I need to try and push myself to be disciplined and GOOD the way I know I can be. it's aggravating sometimes. Congrats on the almost engagement!!

shari - that's awesome about the gym membership. Why not call the power company and make payment arrangements so they don't shut it off at all? I'm sure they'll work with you.

courtnie - what is it about the blackberry that is so addicting? I don't get it. Maybe I should get one before I ask, right?

randee - congrats on ur losses!! those are some snazzy rings you got there. I'm more of a plain gal. 1 stone on a platinum band will do it for me. Simple, yet elegant .

Ok, if you guys have facebook.Add me or give me your info so I can add you...I'm on there way more than I am on here!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 09:28 AM   #105  
Fat-be-gone

I'm off to a good start this a.m. Hopefully it stays that way.

Have a good one!