Old 02-02-2009, 04:50 PM   #46  
aka Wide in Winnipeg

Shari, I'm so sorry for your loss but know in your heart that you did what was best for Leonidas. My thought are with you Hun, I know how hard it is to lose a pet( read member of the family).
back at it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:26 AM   #47  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

Oh Shari I am so sorry for your loss!! He did know that you loved him, dont worry!! I got all teary- eyed when I read that. Again, Im sorry!!

As for me, I had a awesome time at the coast this weekend and really dont wanna weigh in this week. We ate nothing but junk food this weekend, with going to the beach AND Superbowl..ugh

My tummy STILL hurts from all that crap!
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:16 PM   #48  
aka Wide in Winnipeg

I started back at the gym yesterday!!! I feel good!
My car broke down on the way to work today so after I got it back home it was 9:30, an hour late for work already so I used my parents car and went to the gym instead of work! LMAO! I'm heading to work now though, so an easy day is what I have today!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 04:13 PM   #49  
Fat-be-gone

sorry about that yesterday...i just got so emotional about shari's puppy.

I'm back! yes and this time permanently. being fat has just really gotten to me and I'm tired of it all. I'm tired of being exhausted all the time, and of not being confident in myself and in my relationship (looooong story). So it's just time for me to say screw it all and get to it! I think I owe myself that much!

wendy - WTG on the gym!! If I could, i'd rather go to the gym than work. There's just nothing really appealing about sitting on my butt for 8 hours a day. I need a new career!!!

randee - sorry about your bad weekend. but the thing is not to let it turn into a week. you can do it!!

aimee - I hate counting calories too!! that's why I just decided to eat smaller portions and not concentrate on how many calories I'm consuming. Also trying to stay away from junk food. It's just too tiring. and that makes eating right boring and makes it harder to stick with it. are you still doing the shred?

I haven't worked out yet, but I've been eating way less. no money = no junk food! the scale was way down this morning so I hope it stays down for my monday weigh in.

It's good to be back girls!!
Rosario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #50  

S/C/G: 273/260.1/163

Height: 5'7"

Still plugging away over here! I started counting calories, today is day 4, I just realized that I started on Feb 1st, good way to keep track of how many days anyways! I am determined to go hard for 7 days, see if I actually see any results, and then decide if it's worth it. I gave myself and a friend a good pep talk the other day, we were talking about how we hate calorie counting.. she is going off to find a nutritionist and is going to try and find a way around it. If I were her nutritionist I would say "suck it up princess", heh. And so I'm sucking it up!! I am still exercising, I thought I'd be able to keep it up to exercise every day, but oh my! With only one week off I completely forgot how exhausting my job really is! So I'm aiming for 5 days a week instead. Wii tells me I am down 1.8 pounds this morning, I am very excited for that!! Last night was HARD, I went to dinner with some cosmetics girls... they got burgers, sandwiches, pasta.. but since I am only eating wheat at 1 meal a day (and never dinner), I had a seasonal greens salad with grilled chicken on top! And instead of pop I got a strawberry spritzer, which had club soda in it, so still has the bubbly feeling I love. I am sooo addicted to pop I was quite proud of myself!

Rosario - I am still doing the shred, I am on level 3 day 5. Level 3 is HARD, but very enjoyable. I actually look forward to doing it, can't say that about level 2 though. I started listening to my own music during level 1 and 2 because they were pretty boring for me - don't get me wrong, they were a good good workout, but boring for some reason. Are you still doing it? They have a thread going in the 20-somethings, it was great the first time I did it because everyone was posting every day, and so it was great for accountability when I didn't feel like doing it. I guess now that it's been a month since I started doing it, I might be making it a habit? It feels effortless to make the time to do it, plus it helps that its only 28 minutes!! I wish I could hire someone to count my calories for me.. lol... I have a very cute notebook for it though!

-Aimee
SwimGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:27 PM   #51  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Hi Guys
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2009, 02:55 PM   #52  
Starbucks Addict!

Height: 5'4

I just did 2 hours on the Wii Fit. I love the boxing thing! I cant do the advance yet (I tried lol) but im not that coordinated lol..I love the free step. I did the 30 minute one while watching The Gilmore Girls lol..I had to listen to the girl count so I wouldnt get off rhythm lol I need to start my own little "Challenge" to do the Wii Fit daily!! I forgot how much I like it. I dont really like the yoga or the strength ones though lol...basically just the aerobics. I wonder if they will make more workouts for the Wii Fit

Hows everyone else doing?
purplecrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 01:25 AM   #53  

I have had this weird pain for a couple of weeks, I think I gotta go see a doctor. Geez I hate it when body's don't cooperate! Don't know when I'll go, but hopefully it's not an ulcer. I am not sleeping so well either.. ugh.. sorry, I just had to vent. I am worried because nothing is taking away the pain

-Aimee
Old 02-06-2009, 08:51 AM   #54  
Fat-be-gone

a quick hello before I forget!

aimee-definitely go get that pain checked out. it's better to be safe than sorry. I was never able to get past level 1 of the shred. I did one week of level 1 and I haven't worked out since. But I really want to start it up again. I just haven't had the energy to do it way to go on staying OP for dinner! I'd never be able to give up soda ever!! I love the bubbles going down my throat and the way my eyes water when you take that first drink! LOL I'm obsessed. I have to try one of those spritzers one day.

randee - WTG on your exercise. I love the wii. even just playing wii sports is a pretty good workout. I'd love to get the wii fit, but right now can't afford it, so I'll have to try to stick to some workout dvds (If I ever start them).

courtnie - Hey!!! how've you been?? stick around for a while!!

well, my eating hasn't been too good, but the scale was still down this a.m. could be a fluke but I'll just have to wait and see on Monday. The working out thing is no go right now. I wish I had Aimee's discipline!! I can't seem to workout! It should be gettign easier since it's still light outside when I get home. Getting home in the dark is a real energy killer. I don't know if it's the cold or my diet, but I just can't seem to do it! <sigh>

Have a good Friday girls!!
Old 02-06-2009, 11:25 AM   #55  
Starting Fresh

Height: 5'2"

Ro - I am going to try and stick around. My online habits seem to have taken a 360! I used to spend a lot of time on message boards but now I don't go near them. I have also lost all interest in blogging... weird.

I am still on weight watchers and its not totally working for me, didn't help that I gained about 5 pounds over xmas.... weigh is in an hour so I hope for my sake I see a bigger loss then 0.2 this week. I have been eating well and exercising, so we will see!

I am pretty excited, I am getting a new exercise bike! A co-worker is selling me her barley used really nice recumbent bike - so I am totally excited!

It is nice to hear all you guys loving your wii, I have been totally lazy and mine has been collecting dust for months... I am afraid to get on it again and see my Mii get even fatter!
sotypical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 09:45 PM   #56  

Yesterday might have been the worst day I've had in a long long time! Omigosh! I had to work overtime - 1 hour, and all I wanted to do was sleep! Two nights with little to no sleep was just not a good thing, I finally got a decent sleep last night... and tonight will be better... thanks to some sleeping pills! I am still counting calories like crazy, exercising as much as I can. So I am pleased with how I'm doing, I weigh in tomorrow. I am hoping for the 250's! Fingers crossed for me!

Rosario - you really should try and stick with the shred, I had such great results with my body! After 10 days on that level I would still go on to level 2, it's a really hard level, just really modify everything. You body will continue to get stronger, it's amazing! This will definitely give you energy, you can't make it an option. I sometimes do it after being on my feet for 9.5 hours, and trust me... if it gives me energy.. it'll surely do the same for you! I do love pop, but I am trying to my best to quit it. Regular stuff has too much sugar and diet stuff prevents the body from losing weight.. it's a lose-lose situation

Courtnie - wow! Welcome back! I also go thru phases with the internet, you'll be back

-Aimee
Old 02-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #57  
aka Wide in Winnipeg

Morning!
Not up to much today cleaning house and heading to the gym for a workout.Sad to say that since i've been back at the gym I've gained weight...guess it's from actually using muscles?? LOL! So no 2 peice bathing suits for my trip, I'm back to old faithful
Have a good week everyone!!
Old 02-08-2009, 06:56 PM   #58  
Angelina/Gerard is Love

S/C/G: 291.8/286.8/199

Height: 5'4 1/2

everyone!

Sorry I've been MIA. Things have kinda been crappy in my life. No big surprise there. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I made the spur-of-the-moment decision to take in a stray. He's been with me for about four days and I guess its nice to have another living being in the house. I miss Leonidas like crazy but I know it'll stop hurting so much eventually. TOM started Thursday so I just skipped that WI. My internet/cable was cut off so I'm going to be a computer nomad for a while. My supervisor has been riding my azz and I've had enough! I'm going to the union tomorrow morning. If it wasn't for my 401k and health insurance, I would have quit this horrific job a long time ago. I'm trying to be logical, the economy is in the toilet and it's hard to find work. This job is bad for my mental and emotional health, I know. Then the food stamp people are making things difficult, I will not have my benefits this month so I had to use the money for my cable to buy food. *sigh*

I miss you all and hope I can be back fulltime soon!

JasonsLea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 10:32 PM   #59  

I switched a shift at work so that I have the morning off on Tuesday, so I will be finally going to the doctor to check out my self diagnosed ulcer. Not entirely self diagnosed, I've been told by my brother and mother to get checked for an ulcer, they really think it is one. We'll see though! Too many signs point that way, so I guess I'll find out on Tuesday! I weighed this morning, down .3. LOL, its funny to see such a small difference and still get excited about it. 260.1, sooo close to the 250's! The wii actually got mad at me for not weighing for 3 days! Darn you machine! I took a couple days off from exercise due to the pain, but I got back at 'er this morning. It felt good!

Shari - just keep focused on your goals and things will get better! Stay positive! And know we are always here if you need anything!

-Aimee
Old 02-09-2009, 04:51 PM   #60  
Fat-be-gone

hey chicas!

I had a lazy weekend. I didn't work out at all. But I must be doing something right because I was down 2 pounds for the week. I guess cause I haven't been eating too much. I want bigger numbers though. And I'm ready to work for it!!

aimee - good luck at the drs. remember every little ounce counts!! hope your sleeping is better. try not to rely on sleeping pills so much. read this book about some lady who got addicted to the stuff and disaster ensued. I am most def sticking with the shred. I lost inches the first week last time!! I am definitely looking forward to starting it again!

courtnie - maybe you should get back to posting regularly. might be a good habit, no? it can't hurt! congrats on the new bike!! I would kill for an elliptical machine!!

shari - hang in there girl. take it one day at a time and have faith that everything will get better for you.

wendy- muscles are good for you!!! so don't despair over the slight gain in the scale. soon enough you'll be going down, down, down....!!

I'm going to go get my workout on gals. have a good day!!!

Last edited by Rosario; 02-09-2009 at 04:51 PM.