Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2016, 08:29 AM   #331  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

recycled lbs....that had me laughing Wanna but at least they are gone!!

----hi all
40 min. high intensity cardio with 1 lb hand weights. done! woof....struggled a bit on this one today but pushed thru. some days you sure have to make yourself do it.

non hungry mode. food thoughts gone. yuck. which is a good thing, a nice day to cut alot of calories from the equation. ribeye and tuna/mayo whenever. hot tea and still only using 1 drop 0 carb sweetener. I am drinking more hot tea without my drop but I still can't give up my drop 'just yet' working on it.

everyone have a fine St Pattys Day and be careful of that green meat.
Old 03-17-2016, 10:10 AM   #332  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

I am so mad. Yesterday I exercised. Walked on the treadmill and rode the recumbent bike. When I was finished, I realized that I left my Fitbit in the pocket of my jeans and didn't get "credit" for the exercise. Grrrr My own fault.

ZCA I have a pair of light hand weights. I pick them up and do upper body exercises while I'm watching TV.

You just reminded me to wear my green shirt today. No green meat! LOL
Old 03-17-2016, 08:02 PM   #333  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Good evening ladies! Enjoy the weather as some of us may be getting snow Saturday but only Five workdays until spring break! I'm going to take my chances and book my flight at the last minute. That's when I've always got my best price. There are three airports within an hour's drive and five airlines that fly to where I'm going....big and small. Hubs has politely declined a week with mother, brother, and step-dad. He said he'd rather stay home with the fur babies and go to work.

Hubs is excited because he thinks he's going to be under 220 lbs in the morning. He was down to 215 after his surgeries last winter but gained it back this winter. He's been really good about his carb intake this week, and it's paying off by 3 pounds gone this week.

I might beat my low in the morning as well. I was only off by 0.2 this morning....fingers crossed! I've felt rea
Lunch good the past two days as well. . . No bloats and energetic. And finally got my passport photo taken for my renewal....gotta finish the paperwork and send that in Saturday via registered mail. I have to dig out our marriage certificate from county since my name has changed.

Break - sausage McMuffin
Lunch - 1/2 Cinci 3-way chili spaghetti
Dinner - two skinless chicken drumsticks w/cherry barbecue sauce, oven fries, lettuce wedge w/blue cheese dressing
Snack - cran water
Old 03-18-2016, 07:10 AM   #334  

Wanna, it is funny it is important to plug your number into that fitbit thing thing is you exercised and got the good benefits!!

PQ--snow, oh my. that is rough. just the word makes me cringe!

----HI ALL

1 year on plan today. about 5 months on Atkins 1972 Induction food list only. Then I switched to Zero Carb eating. about 7 months now on that. Today is 1 year on plan since I started.

my original goal was 170....so I am about 9 lbs from that goal.

then I lowered my goal to 160 which seems worlds away now but I will get there!

I feel so energized and just wonderful. Carbs are my nightmare. I eliminated them and I feel my absolute best I have ever felt. Super carb sensitive and I had to face it, fix it and I have and am doing very well.

woke up not hungry mode. food not even on my mind. so tuna/mayo later whenever....and a ribeye for tonight.

alot happening, busy day. will be going full speed fast this morning. never enough time to get it all done it seems

everyone enjoy the day!!
Old 03-18-2016, 09:56 AM   #335  

ZCA my friend goes out of her way to do things to add more steps on her Fitbit, but I don't. I just let it register what I do. Most of the time I don't even remember that I have it on, but I want to get credit for what I do. One time the battery went dead and I didn't even realize it. It sends you an email when the battery is getting low. Isn't that so cool? LOL I don't know what happened that time, but I didn't get the email. So the steps I did that day were lost. Yesterday, remembered to use it when I exercised, but I like to see how many steps it shows before and after the exercise, and I forgot do do that. It's H**L to get old. LOL

You are making me so hungry for tuna and mayo. Think I'll have some today. Did you hear about the recall? I don't have any of the recalled tuna. Chicken of the Sea and Bumble Bee. I use Starkist.

PQ, we are supposed to get some light snow over the weekend and next week but not much. I heard them say some northeastern states might get a foot. Our temps are going back down to the 40s after being in the 60s recently. Spring is just around the corner!!
Old 03-19-2016, 07:16 AM   #336  

Yesterday's menu....
Break - sausage McMuffin
Lunch - 1/2 serving Cinci chili spaghetti 3-way
Snack - prosciutto panino, dill pickle
Dinner - homemade turkey pepperoni pizza, 2 lite beers
Old 03-19-2016, 05:59 PM   #337  

Good evening everyone! I'm just relaxing a bit before we go see "The Little Mermaid" at our local high school. It's not how I wanted to spend my Saturday night, but hubs is friends with the drama teacher so.....
Today, I went to a prim store and a new giant craft store with my farmer friend. It was snowing/raining and cold out, so not much else to do and it got me out of my planned utility room reorganization I keep meaning to do. My weight is still the same as yesterday, but still hoping for a whoosh soon.

Break - 1/2 piece cheesecake
Lunch - leftover pizza slice
Snack - hummus and nut crackers
Dinner - sirloin strip/havarti cheese on sourdough toast, roasted butter garlic mushrooms, green beans
Snack - maybe an after-show drinkie
Old 03-20-2016, 06:53 AM   #338  

PQ, hope that whoosh comes. I love a good whoosh!!

HI ALL
nothing much doing. eating on plan and just waiting for the scale to treat me well. getting lower in weight and I am losing slower. I won't 'cut calories' much to push more weight loss. I like my food too much I eat my plan and eventually the scale gives up 1/2 a lb. eh, fine by me.

40 min. high intensity tape with 2 lb hand weights.
treadmill later, rainy outside. stuck inside for exercising.

I see a difference after these 2 or so weeks exercising hard. body seems a bit different, nothing much, but I can see subtle things going on and I like it. need alot more toning etc. to see big improvement but slowly I am getting there. I have the time, if I just do my thing, later down the road the changes are seen and all in good ways.

2 ribeyes on the menu today.

hope everyone enjoys their day!!
Old 03-20-2016, 08:06 AM   #339  

ZCA exercise does not necessarily burn off lots of lbs the way some people think it does, but over time it changes the way the hormones in your body work, in a way beneficial to weight control. And it doesn't necessarily have to be high intensity exercise. So keep it up. You are making your body very happy and I am trying very hard to practice what I preach.

PQ I read an article in Prevention Magazine that women should drink 1-2 beers a week and right away I thought of you!! I'm a little behind, but am happy to oblige! LOL
Old 03-20-2016, 09:28 AM   #340  

Good morning Chicks!

I'm finally back to my 142.8 lbs, which is what I was three weeks ago before the phantom period and two-plus weeks of pms. I'm trying to high-protein/fat snack more in the afternoon. This seems to help with losing and hunger monsters.

Hubs has lost five pounds in the last two weeks by putting me in control of his diet He is 6'1" and started at 224 and wants to get to 200. He's in good shape for 62 due to years of soccer (playing well into his 30s and high level reffing until he was 53!) His weakness is chocolate (all sweets really) and starchy snacks. I'm sure he'll be hitting his goal before I hit mine.

Laundry and errands today at Tractor Supply and Wally World. Maybe tonight I'll start some of my seeds for garden.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:14 PM   #341  

I went back and read about the beer. Beer drinkers have lower triglycerides and lower risk of heart disease and diabetes. Too late for me, I already have both of them, but I'll drink the beer anyway. You never know. LOL
Old 03-20-2016, 09:12 PM   #342  

Carol Sue that's good to know about the beer.....now I can say my pints are dietary supplements!

I went to finish up everything for my passport and couldn't find our marriage certificate (name change), so I have to stop at the courthouse after school tomorrow. I'm getting three copies. Hubs has decided to apply for citizenship and needs a copy and they're only $2 a pop.

Break - steak, egg, cheese on 1/2 slice of sourdough
Lunch - buffalo meatballs and blue cheese dressing
Dinner - sausage mushroom pasta w/white wine cream sauce & Parmesan

No snacks but had higher calorie meals today.

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 03-20-2016 at 09:13 PM.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:35 AM   #343  

PQ glad your hubby is doing good and yea, men, they sure can drop faster than us gals

in general beer is nothing but liquid bread in a bottle thing with alcohol is read what it does to the liver. poisons it. BUT AM I going to stop drinking ever? NOPE ---heehee, but will never have beer again in my life. it will be rum or vodka with sugar free seltzer or something like that.
but getting older, so drinking doesn't happen as much. fun times when younger, now it just makes me more icky really. ahhh, youth. I want mine back

HI ALL
allergies got me but rain helped. washed it out of the air a little, my head is clearing a bit. cold again tho with this storm.

ribeye and tuna/mayo today. spaghetti for family. keeping this day simple on food. I am in non hungry mode which helps me at all times. haven't had my ravenous day in a bit, maybe I am forming a new pattern? who knows but tomorrow I might eat the house down so I best not say non-hungry mode is here for good

it sure is a mental game. we are changing our entire way of eating thru life. not a small task for anyone but one thing is key....stay on your plan. only with repetition can we break the sugar control and change our mindset.
BE HARD on yourself. THERE is only 1 person who cares what food goes in your mouth. YOU. Only 1 person who can heal themselves from within on a daily basis. YOU. All you really have is you to make this work. Be strong for yourself!!

every time I craved and wanted to cave in and face plant into carby junk---I said one thing. Go ahead no one will stop you...have at it. Then I said.....yes only I can stop this madness and I stayed on plan. I only have me and I am going to change me if I have to kill me first HAHA

We are strong and we can count on ourselves to stay on plan and do this healthy change for ourselves with pride! We want this for ourselves and we are going to take it and run with it!!

wow I was rambling thru there, my head feels better so I got chatty. kick away that pollen and I feel so much better!

on to my 45 mins. high intensity cardio with weights. kinda don't want too, but I will get up right now and do it!! Cause only I can change me and I will do what I said it takes to make changes. whew, off to get'er done.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:30 AM   #344  

PQ, dietary supplements! LOL I love it! I probably have 2 beers a year. Like ZCA, I had so much alcohol in my younger days I am still over my quota for my lifetime.

You are definitely in preacher mode, ZCA, but it's all good. We need to hear that once in a while, especially since Jacqui isn't here. She is usually the one keeping us in line. In fact, I think she actually scared a few people away! LOL
Old 03-21-2016, 01:39 PM   #345  
TX Fat Chick

S/C/G: 258/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Hi ladies! ZCA72. Love that post!

Went on a three day 'girls trip' with my sisters and cousins and still managed to be down one lb.this morning. That is huge for me. I usually use vacation as an excuse to go off the rails.

I planned, planned, planned and it paid off.
Closed Thread