Closed Thread

Old 04-06-2016, 09:09 PM   #406  

PrairieQueen, What diet are you on that hash browns are okay?
Old 04-06-2016, 10:03 PM   #407  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Thanks everyone! Today I forgot to weigh before I ate, so I weighed later just to see what the damage was and I was still at 176.5, so I have my fingers crossed that maybe it had been a tad bit less, like a half lb (since my scale measures in half lbs) less than what it was showing right then. I had a restaurant salad with pepperoni on it tonight though so I imagine it won't be down tomorrow. I didn't drink enough water to offset the sodium today. Other than that, though, I stayed away from the protein bars, so I've been on plan pretty much today. I had my normal breakfast, bbq pork ribs for lunch, yogurt for a snack, and the salad for dinner. I want to get away from snacking altogether, and I have to find a way to get back to drinking more water and less Diet Dr. Pepper! I just know the Diet Dr. Pepper is triggering my appetite for sweets!

Carol Sue, thank you for your words of wisdom and encouragement. You are so right. I can't let this knock me down. I've worked too hard and for too long to let this get away from me. I have to find the strength to pull through this without the crutch of food to comfort me. Heck, I'm not even overindulging on good food, lol! I'm trying to stick to foods I've allowed myself so its nuts and protein bars and just too much at meals, etc. I keep forgetting the aspect of my diet plan that says I will stop eating when I'm full. (It does not say I will keep eating if I'm nervous! )

ZCA72, thank you. Yes, the protein bars have got to go! I didn't start out allowing them on my diet. I added them because of situations when I might not have time to eat. With my hypoglycemia, they would be better than nothing, but I'm not eating them for that purpose now. I'm eating them because they are sweet and I'm craving sweets, so I really can't keep them in the house anymore.

PrairieQueen, thanks, and yes, our babies never stop being our babies! Woohoo on having your taxes done!

TabbyOne, yay on the 2-lb loss! I have suffered from severe fatique in the past and found out I was outrageously deficient in vitamin D. It's better now. Have you had you vitamin D levels checked?

About my daughter, she has started her meds, and Carol Sue, I didn't know the meds caused weight gain either but everything we're reading online or hearing from friends who are on these meds or who know someone on them is coming back that they do cause significant weight gain. I would think it'd be just the opposite. I'm hoping it will be just the opposite! My DD's left shoulder and arm are still bothering her. Somehow it seems to be related to the attack she had, but since it's not her heart, I don't know how. I'm just so thankful it's not her heart!

I will be back on tomorrow!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-06-2016 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:18 AM   #408  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

Tabby---smart to make those pb cookies and 'see' your reaction to them. I can't do LC sugar free stuff....it only makes me want the other sugar and I crave and binge if I get the sweet taste. for me they had to go. and I tell you not having anything sweet in my life is the most freeing part of my journey!! no fooling, I sure would not have said that before when I started my LC journey but now, I have changed into such a different person regarding my food plan and health it is astounding. but it is important to know how food effects you and once you know, you can keep or eliminate etc. as needed. keep up the great work and you will see wonderful benefits from eating a good lc plan!

Jacqui...yes I hear you on the cravings and sweet and those 'bars seem legal' they went from a 'when needed during whatever time in life to be easy food' etc......to becoming a dependency for sweet etc. I know, I been there I fooled myself many times in changing my lifestyle.....boy I sure did that like crazy LOL til I really faced every situation with my food and why and how etc it fit into my life and drew the line in the sand, then I got into a better place. It is hard to make these big changes with life all around us, I sure know! I was the 'excuse queen' and in total denial of what it takes for success. rough journey but if we learn thru it and act on what we learn, then we can find great results.

Wanna----great to hear about a happy retirement!! I am with your hubby....get out of work earlier LOL but I hear you on wanting to stay social and out there. everyone needs something to fulfill and that worked great for you to keep your job for a while longer. I love that freedom, get up or sleep a bit, do this or that on no time limit.....ahh, it sounds wonderful!!

---HI ALL
2 ribeyes today as usual. again, my simple plan makes me so happy! I used to be such a foodie, making LC recipes, using LC fake products and all.....but they just made me crave, confused, want more and more variety in my food plan...til it took me down. I cracked all the time on doing that type of plan. going ZC is my savior point blank. It controls me and now it is becoming a lifestyle, not a eating plan to lose lbs. Now that it is a lifestyle I control it and I am happy as a clam on my plan

well just spouting away here...off to get things moving for the day. rainy, wet, nasty, and cold. come on ya know...I live in the Southeast, where is the hot weather!!! it best get here soon!
Old 04-07-2016, 08:13 AM   #409  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabbyOne View Post
PrairieQueen, What diet are you on that hash browns are okay?
I am not on a "diet," but I have changed my lifestyle. I've cut out ultra-processed foods, diet foods, GMOs, etc. Everything "real" is okay in moderation for me. I've dropped 40 lbs since June, 2015 I actually eat a lot of good carbs, esp. in summer.
Old 04-07-2016, 02:32 PM   #410  

I'm cooking bacon. It's a large package and it's taking a long time at 4 pieces at a time. I don't have a baking sheet or I'd have done it in the oven.

I almost went off diet last night. I was too fatigued to cook and only snacked. I then got hit with the hungeries but I had make hard cooked eggs earlier in the day and had 2 of those and that was enough to avoid disaster.

I'm down another pound.

I hope to make some chocolate fat bombs today. I'm not getting enough fat, per my diet.

High fat, moderate protein, low carb
Tabby
Old 04-07-2016, 08:47 PM   #411  

Evening all! Mom and bro headed back to FLA this morning. They'll be back next month for my nephews high school graduation. Weighed in to see a new low today and I'm feeling good about tomorrow's. Fingers crossed.

Break - fried egg, ham slice
Snack - 3 mandarins
Lunch - chicken fajita
Dinner - two slices homemade pizza
Snack - cran water
Old 04-07-2016, 09:51 PM   #412  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Another flyby just to check in. A lot going on right now. Waiting to learn more about the house we want to have built in TX, DH is sick and my sister called last night and they were at the hospital (in TX). Our step-mom is dying. Doctors say her body is shutting down. I want so much to be there for my Daddy, but can't be. She would be 84 in May. I haven't talked to Daddy because he went home to sleep for a while and go back. I text him earlier to tell him I love him and praying for him. He wrote back "waiting". This is really difficult for him, besides loving her, he didn't want to bury another wife. I've buried 2 husbands so I really understand exactly how he feels.

I haven't been doing really well on plan, so I went to store today and bought a lot of meat... pork chops (LCA's menu finally got me LOL), turkey leg etc. I don't intend to allow all this to become an excuse to get off and stay off plan.

Today plan was

B - eggs, bacon and cheese
L - rotisserie chicken and gala apple
D - turkey leg and nuts
S - American cheese

I'll do individuals tomorrow.

Good night
Old 04-07-2016, 10:02 PM   #413  

Patty, I'm so sorry for your step-mother and father. My best wishes to them and you. Looks like you did really good on your plan today.

Tabby
Old 04-07-2016, 11:50 PM   #414  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I am too tired to stay on tonight, but Trish, I am just so sorry to hear about your step-mother. Your family is in my prayers. ZCA72, thank you for your understanding. I'm still trying to get it together. PrairieQueen, woohoo on the new low! TabbyOne, great job on being another lb down! I'm sorry your are feeling so tired. Hi Carol Sue and Rennie!
Old 04-08-2016, 07:49 AM   #415  

Tabby very good relying on those hb eggs
it is imperative to eat meals. I also would kinda snack thru a day cause not hungry then boom...hungry as a hippo LOL
and same as you it was decision time. but in the end I will stick to my LC ways....cause....heck that is what this whole thing for me is about...I want to change so I have to eat LC to make that happen
good choice, now I have my food available at all times for just in case.

Patty so sorry to hear about your step-mom. I sure now that feeling. It is just one of unbelief and such that a life is ending. My Dad passed and it was the hardest thing to handle. But life moves forward and death is a natural state of life, just that we miss the loved ones so much is hard to accept!!

HI ALL
doing well. today is 2 ribeyes as usual. going to defrost a big pack of pork chops and eat those for a bit. usual chores and this and that. my day is filled but it is an ok filled. nothing dramatic happening around here for which I am always very thankful

everyone enjoy this fine day!
Old 04-08-2016, 07:59 AM   #416  

Patty so sorry to hear about step-mom and your poor dad. Do take care of your self. Jacqui get some rest and take care of your self, as well! Sleep, sleep, sleep.

A morning post of excitement. . . I had the biggest whoosh ever today of two pounds to make another all-time low. I'm in a new decade and less than ten pounds away from goal....I have lost over 40 pounds in the past ten months I plan on posting before and after pics at the one year mark in June.

Have a great day / start of weekend everyone!
Old 04-08-2016, 09:54 AM   #417  

Thanks everyone for the kind words, prayers, thoughts and wishes for my family at this time. Mom has been a part of our family for almost 15 yrs and she was friends with my Mama when she was living. In fact, Mom and her deceased hubby went to church with all of us and served in church together when no one ever thought that Mama and Boots would pass away and Daddy and Mom would marry. I am thankful that we are Christians and believe we will all be together again in the future. However, ZCA is right. Those of us left behind really miss them when they are gone and just have to adjust knowing they are gone and life moves forward. We all have to fulfill our own purpose in life. I appreciate y'alls support.

ZCA First I apologize for saying LCA instead of ZCA last night when I posted about your menu getting to me. I was so mentally and emotionally tired when I wrote last night. I am not going zero carb, but I am eating very low carb right now. One of my sisters and I both are diabetics (she is newly diagnosed) and she eats protein and nuts and has her bs normal. She is on a medication that I cannot take because it causes yeast infections and a yeast infection is how I learned I was diabetic.

I too have had problems with diet/lc foods setting me off into cravings. Even diet drinks that used to satisfy my sweet cravings seems to work against me now. I do know that VLC does help you stop the cravings especially sweet cravings. You have inspired me to take advantage of the help I can get from VLC.. Thanks for sharing your journey.

p.q. YAHOO CONGRATULATION on the new loss and being so close to your goal. You go girl!!!

Jacqui Sorry to hear about your daughter but so thankful it wasn't a heart attack. I pray she will respond to treatment and feel better. I don't know much about that disease but I have been seeing it more and more. In fact, I just read the other day that some of things we ate over the years that we were told was healthy for us is what causes Heshemoto as well as many other problems. You rest and check in when you can. While using protein bars etc isn't the best way to go, sometimes we have to choose what will get us through a tough situation. It is just choosing not to get way off plan. You will get back to your regular plan. The main thing to remember is that it is not selfish to take care of yourself. It actually is very important to take care of yourself so you can be what you need to be for your daughter. I've had a difficult time learning this myself.

Tabby I love bacon and love the fact that I can have it on VLC way of eating. Congratulations on your weight loss.

Carol Sue I hope you are feeling better today.

[B][/RennieB] I know you are a very busy lady. I hope you are taking care of yourself.

Hope I got everyone. Y'all have a great day.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:26 PM   #418  

Talked to my Daddy this morning and my dear Step-mom passed away this morning at 2:35. Daddy knows she is better off. I think they are going to probably have her services Sunday so that my step-sister won't have to go home and come back so we won't be able to go for the funeral, but Daddy understood and I told him that we would be coming as soon as we can. She will be missed, but I'm glad she didn't suffer and is at piece now.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:51 AM   #419  

AAAh, so sorry Patty. It is so hard, I know. when Dad passed this last July it left the most giant void in me. we would chat, and he was a big influence in my life every day! You know things are happening and the end is coming and try so hard to accept, but when it happens it is still so hard cause you lost contact with that person forever. But being a believer, I also know that we will meet up later down the line and that is comforting. take care of your family and yourself!! Prayers for your family during this tough time.

Also....vlc is a very good way to continue your eating. the benefits from vlc are massive and do help us continue our journey into a healthier place
Old 04-09-2016, 07:54 AM   #420  

PQ---WOW, congrats. the big whoosh, boy I sure loved those!! 10 from goal...and here you go. completing your journey sooner than later now and taking on the realm of maintenance!! happy for you!!

I can't wait til the June pics of your success!!

HI ALL
---Hi ALL
saturday and since I have been putting off cleaning a bit in the house---I am opting to do it today. bleck
vacuum when kiddo gets up in a bit....stupid bathrooms and all....just a good old clean thru it all. luckily being a minimalist type I don't have alot of crappola in the house to dust etc should go fast if I get moving good.

walk doggie later to get out in the sun, maybe hang out later on back porch, drag out the lounge and relax if the weather gets nicer. that wind has a cold bbbrrrr in it....I hope it gets so much warmer to enjoy. I mean 28 this morning, in the South in April??? what the??

forgot to defrost my big pack of pork chops Will get them out of freezer today! but I have 2 ribeyes for today so I am covered.

everyone have a great day!!
Closed Thread