Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2016, 08:45 AM   #391  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

oh yea Wanna, don't eat what doesn't set well with you bacon and me get along LOL

patty that steak salad sounds delish. I lived on them in my early LC days when I had some carb in my day. I would fry up a sirloin in very thin strips, make a beautiful giant salad and inhale. held me so well and I lost good lbs. eating like that! now tho the salad holds no interest to me, just throw the steak at me LOL

PQ---you are right, there is nothing like being in that groove. I never felt like this tho. It is such a deep physical change in me it is bewildering. like I don't know how or what to do with feeling my body like this LOL The last, oh, 4-5 months I have been saying I MUST MOVE. I absolutely must move my body. My body is now telling me what it wants, what it needs, and what I must do. people say listen to your body--well my mind wanted sugary junk all the time-LOL---now I understand the real feeling tho! took long enough to get here, but since I love this new me there is no ever going back

-----HI ALL
yard work today. sunny and nice but chilly! that storm brought thru such cold weather with it. this best be it--time for my 90 deg. summer days I love so much. yes I love it that hot!!

bacon and eggs later
ribeye whenever
might have some chunk cheddar. I stopped eating cheese except on a burger when I have it. I lost interest for cheese but today I woke up and thought, a hunk of cheddar. Since I love cheese and thought I could not live without it, lately I am not eating it by choice. don't care about it, but today I guess my body said give me a little dairy but that might change later LOL might have it/might not.

just chugging along and doing my thing. everything is nice in my little world right now. I will enjoy it!!!

everyone have a fine sunday!!

Last edited by ZCA72; 04-03-2016 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-03-2016, 12:24 PM   #392  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

My niece Nancy is coming home from rehab on Wednesday. I didn't get a lot of details on her condition as her brother Earl is going through treatment for cancer and I don't want to press him for information. I will give it a couple weeks then give her a call.
Old 04-03-2016, 09:19 PM   #393  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Yeah Carol Sue! I was just thinking about her with yesterday's post. My mom and bro arrived this evening. He had a plateful of lasagne and went straight to bed. The car trip wore him out. Back to work tomorrow

Break - ham and hash browns
Lunch - buffalo meatballs, carrot
Dinner - lasagne, lite beer
Snack - cran water
Old 04-04-2016, 10:07 AM   #394  

Prairie Queen, it's good to hear that Bro's appetite has returned. I imagine he will be needing a lot of rest after what he went through. I am hoping that Nancy has recovered enough to be able to walk, talk, and take care of herself. Hopefully, now she won't have to take care of her grandbabies so much. The older ones can help take care of her, but the parents of the little ones really took advantage. It sounds as if she will never be able to have the cardiac bypass surgery. Too much heart damage. I think her husband is still working so she will be spending some time at home alone.
Old 04-04-2016, 05:50 PM   #395  

Question Keto - any advanced Keto dieters?

I'm new here and I hope my following question fits in with this thread. I posted it in it's own thread but this thread seems to be so active.

I started the Keto way today, but wasn't totally prepared. I have some steak but have no idea what to add to this protein to get enough fat into the meal. I don't plan on eating steaks regularly, it's just I have some left over. It's kind of surprising how difficult it is to add fat to a meal so that it meets the requirements of Keto.

I'm also looking for some easier Keto friendly snacks or meals. I just boiled some eggs and plan on making deviled eggs with them. I tried pork rinds with avocado dip but that wasn't too pleasant. I know I like cheese chips so I will make some of those to go with the avocado next time.

Nuts are expensive but I'll probably budget some pecans into my monthly food allowance. Anything else that's obvious besides eggs, cheese. pork rinds and nuts, that I'm missing?

Cheers,
TO
Old 04-04-2016, 08:56 PM   #396  

Evening all! Back to school today and so busy, but a good busy.

Break - sausage mcmuffin
Lunch - lasagne
Snack - three mandarins
Dinner - chicken fajita
Snack - cran water
Old 04-05-2016, 09:36 AM   #397  

HI TABBY
I am 'advanced' in that I am zero carb and I do protein and fat
so fat I know LOL, ZC is the ultimate hardcore keto

basic is simple. get your fat from your meats. ribeye, spare ribs, pork with fat cap on it, chicken thighs with skin...these add up easily into not worrying about 'adding fat'.....pour a few tablespoons of chicken fat over thighs after cooking and eat. drippings from pan after frying a ribeye and enjoy.

We don't need 'tons' of 'added' fat if you eat the right meat to give it to you in the main course.

does that help? but many eat 'fat bombs' and if you google that it is a cocoa, butter etc...mix of things that is just almost pure fat intake. but I don't use those cause when I eat my meat, I get what I need.

so if you have more questions let me know but that is basically how fat is handled in my life. rock on!! this way of eating is the best!!

HI ALL
easy day with windy windy crazy wind out there but yard work. need to keep ahead of Mother Nature hope the wind and pollen treat me well LOL
so far so good

surf and turf later. ribeye and crab legs.

that will be it for the day. in a non hungry mode which means I eat less, one time a day...hungry is eat more, like 2-3 times a day.....but sweet thing is that my less eating means calorie deficit so hopefully that will give me a drop................but who cares? for me it has changed from losing more lbs. to just enjoying my eating menu wow, I lost the obsession with the scale and it is glorious. but believe me I was nutso on 'dieting' before and I got results, but my ZC plan now just keeps me in such a good space that I have changed so much of my attitude now.
whatever it is I love it!

have a great day all

Last edited by ZCA72; 04-05-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 04-05-2016, 02:10 PM   #398  

I must have messed up my Keto diet yesterday, my first day. I awoke to find my eyes all puffy. I'm creating a spread sheet to record everything so I can have a record to see where I'm messing things up.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:20 PM   #399  

Wow, this thread has really died out! Where is everyone?

Tabby, I don't do Keto so I can't be of much help. It sounds like you might be having issues. You should probably want to do more research into Keto before you continue, to be sure you're doing what you should.

ZCA, you are staying true to plan so your body will release more weight when it's ready. Also, you've lost so much already, it's due to slow down a bit. You have the right attitude!

PQ, Back to school should keep you out of the snacks!!
Old 04-05-2016, 08:34 PM   #400  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

TabbyOne! I found this website:http://www.theketogenicdiet.org/keto-snacks-list/. I hope it helps!

Carol Sue, what great news that your niece is home! I'll continue praying for Earl!

PrairieQueen, yay on your brother's appetite improving! And I'm glad you made it back home safely!

ZCA72, I wish I were in a non-hungry mode, lol! (Actually, no, with my hypoglycemia I have to not forget to eat and I do forget when I'm not hungry, but a little bit of not hungry would help! ) I have been stress eating lately. I keep meaning to get back on track but I haven't yet. I'm eating protein bars like candy bars, and that's bad and I'm doing it straight out of emotional eating.

Trish, glad to see you, even if it's only a flyby! I wish Rennie would come do the same!

Thank you all for your well wishes for my daughter. I am still worried about her. She continues to have shoulder and arm pain but she started her Hasimotos meds today and although that will take time to get into her system, at least it's a step in the right direction! I know she's worried about gaining weight on it, but I'm worried about the damage Hasimotos could do to her heart. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

I have been so busy and so nervous and I need y'all more than ever, but I'm having a hard time getting here! I hope you will forgive me for being gone so much lately. I don't want to be away! I still weigh above where I want to be for maintenance at 176.5. I don't know if I'll be able to get this under control until I calm back down. I always have been an emotional eater! In any event I will be back on tomorrow. I don't know what time but expect me tomorrow!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 04-05-2016 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-05-2016, 09:25 PM   #401  

Did our taxes...I'm pooped.

Break - buffalo meatballs
Snack - 1 mandarin
Lunch - chicken fajita
Snack - 2 mandarins
Dinner - grilled wings, 2 light beers
Snack - cran water
Old 04-06-2016, 07:25 AM   #402  

Jacqui the stress etc is a killer. when our kids are involved all our smarts go out the window and the worry kicks in
eating the protein bars aren't real food either that make you satisfied so sure you are going a bit wonky on your menu. out of whack.
I get that way...but you will correct it all soon. still keeping your family in my prayers!!!

HI ALL
busy fast day here.
have this and that to handle.
usual things

2 ribeyes on the menu. ah, so simple. I absolutely don't have to worry about 'choosing' a meal anymore
spaghetti for family which is so super simple!!

just doing my thing and rolling along. working on making some life changes and putting that all into place etc.
just into our 50s now and we want to flip up the life a bit so we are working toward early retirement and all that.
scary tho but thrilling at the same time to buck the normal system and drop the rat race attitude and all

off to get the day moving!!
Old 04-06-2016, 08:53 AM   #403  

Jacqui, I'm so happy to see you back here. You did so well losing all that weight and I hate to see you fall off the wagon like this. Please hop back on, next time it rolls around. I hope your daughter gets this all straightened out. Did they say why she has the arm/shoulder pain? I have had tendonitis off and on and it flares up occasionally. I wish I knew what I was doing that causes that. Is thyroid med known to cause weight gain? I've never heard that.

Rennie will wander back in when she's ready. She loves us too much to stay away for long! Right Rennie?

ZCA DH retired at 55. He had that opportunity through his union. I continued to work into my mid 60s because I really enjoyed my easy job and loved the contact with the people. But now that I'm retired, I'm lovin' it. I'm usually still up at 6AM but love the days that I just roll over and go back to sleep until 8 if I want to. We have had to tighten up a bit on the budget, but everything is paid for, so it's not so hard. Wish you well with that.
Old 04-06-2016, 01:39 PM   #404  

Hello Everyone,

I'm having a good day. I lost 2 pounds since starting the Keto diet, 2 days ago. I suffer from unrelated debilitating fatigue and so cooking is often impossible. So, what I ate for breakfast will sound weird. I had 1 oz pecans, 1 oz pork rinds and 2 eggs, deviled, with 1 Tbs mayo with some garlic powder, onion powder and salt. The only carbs, not counting the spice powder, was in the pecans.

I don't want to have to eat that again for my next meal so hopefully I'll summon the energy to cook today. I am also out of hard cooked eggs. I'm not suffering from any cravings or being hungry. I would like to make some peanut butter cookies but I have to wait until the erythritol arrives in the mail. I live in a rural area. I am nervous that I might not be able to control myself around them so I want to find out. If I can't, I just will avoid sweets altogether.

I see a cardinal out where I throw bird seed. He's young so it's not fully red and I get to see him become more red every day. I enjoy that.

Tabby
Old 04-06-2016, 08:39 PM   #405  

Hi Jacqui! You take care of your daughter and don't worry about us. Your babes are always just that, your babies. I'm sure you'll make a comeback when things calm down.

Bro requested cheeseburgers for dinner, so after yoga I grilled burgers......giant burgers.

Break - sausage mcmuffin
Snack - mandarin
Lunch - chicken fajita
Snack - 2 mandarins
Dinner - cheeseburger, hash browns, green beans
Snack - cran water
Closed Thread