Closed Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 08:55 AM   #226  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Rennie, lol! Oh, you never stay behind me long! I'm usually trailing you! And good for you and Rissa getting out to walk! That's exactly what I need to do!

ZCA72, Count your blessings, lol! It's a pain, sometimes literally!

PrairieQueen, are you out enjoying this pretty weather this weekend? I have actually been stuck inside doing projects. I didn't have to go down to the house on the river because the hubs is out of town, so I thought I'd get some things done around here.

Carol Sue, I imagine you have also been having this pretty weather. I hope you're out enjoying it too!

So happy I gained only half a lb after that chocolate splurge yesterday! But I know when I don't gain or when I gain just a tad bit the day after Carb Day, my weight often goes up the following day, like some kind of bizarre delayed reaction, lol, so we'll see if it sticks tomorrow. :

Have a great day, everyone!

Week 41: High 172.5, Low 168.5
2/23--172.5
2/24--171.5
2/25--170.5
2/26--169
2/27--168.5 Carb Day

Week 42:
2/28--169
2/29--
3/1--
3/2--
3/3--
3/4--
3/5--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:

2 fried eggs
2 slices of bacon
Fage Greek yogurt with Mio
Mio water

Lunch:
Bologna and string cheese roll-ups
Diet Dr. Pepper

Tea Time:

Dinner:
Chicken
Steamed broccoli and cauliflower
Mio water

Today's Exercise:

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 02-28-2016 at 09:50 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:44 AM   #227  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

Jacqui I feel for you and those who have that problem. luckily I been doing this a while and nothing has got in my way....I sure am not a pain lover

----hi all
easy sunday
warming up outside and want to piddle around tidying up outside things

did 30 min. exercise tape, easy with hand weights

might hit treadmill later, not sure. sunday I kinda really like the 'totally do nothing' phase of my week

Just ate a big ribeye and butter---I fried it in bacon grease and little butter after making bacon and eggs for my kiddo.
YUM

dinner? hmm, either roasted whole chicken or I might just do another ribeye

have a great sunday all
Old 02-28-2016, 02:44 PM   #228  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

Howdy all. Tryin' to catch up on here...and get back on the wagon. (apologies to all who dislike that phrase). Bad news is: I've spent a good 2.5 weeks in diet and exercise chaos. No exercise, been eating past 8pm, not planning ahead on meals, and not doing my usual obsessive-compulsive (ha) tracking. I'm still swamped and stressed at work, I'm frequently forgetting my RA meds and vitamins, and generally not taking good care of myself. Good news is: though my diet has been somewhat grab-and-go, all my choices have been healthful and I'm only 2.8lb above my yearly low.

I've really been beating myself up these past 2.5 weeks, but 2.8lb is not that bad!! I can recover!! (can't I?) I can start to lose again!! (can't I?) I can get back on the wagon!! (can't I?) Yes, I'm doubting myself a bit, because I'm overextended in so many areas. Focus and commit. That's what I need to do.

Yay Jac, on getting back to the 60s. A good decade.

Welcome ZCA72! Ha! I had the same thoughts as Jac when I saw your menu, and applause to Jac for her tact and diplomacy ! I just can't eat that much meat. And I'm an "abstainer" too...which has made these past few weeks difficult, as I feel like such a failure.

I will stay outta the fight with PQ for her bacon...I don't like bacon or ham anymore...but I'll dance with ya in the boxing ring for a salad!

Aw, thanks, Rennie, for your kind and understanding words regarding "my" stress. ("my" 'cause I really don't want to own it.) I've had some difficult days.

Hi Carol, hope your knee is better!

..anyway....starting over again....eggs for breakfast...hoping to get in a swim today....prepping up salads for work for the next few days...using the forum challenges more...hoping to do better...
Old 02-28-2016, 03:39 PM   #229  

SeeMyFeet, I'm so glad you're back! Just a week ago I was in about your same boat. I wasn't eating off plan as far as the types of foods I was eating, but I was overeating a LOT and even worse, I was drinking a LOT of Diet Dr. Pepper and very little water. I just couldn't seem to gather the motivation to stop and I went up 9 lbs very quickly. And then my RA kicked up and stopped me in my tracks, lol! I decided I couldn't wait until the Spring to buckle down. I needed to get back at it now. So I went right back to doing what I know works well for me: coming to 3FC everyday, posting my menus, drinking more water, trying not to rely on convenience foods as much (although I still need to improve on that). After a couple of days, my RA went back down to just the normal aches and pains and not the "please don't make me move" pain, lol! And my scale started moving back down. So YES, you CAN do it! And it won't take very long to reverse things. I still need to start exercising. I may be waiting until Spring for that. I seem to be waiting for something, lol! I'm sorry you are still feeling stressed about work. I know that's not helping your RA.

ZCA72, your meats sound delicious, ribeye and roasted chicken, yum! I'm glad your diet gives you no problems. It's definitely well suited to you!
Old 02-28-2016, 07:20 PM   #230  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Jacqui, just so you know I'm still here I'm saying hello but you see what time it is and I should have BEEN in bed, so good night, see you tomorrow

SeeMyFeet

ZCA72

Carol Sue I miss you

PrairieQueen

ok good night

Last edited by love2b150; 02-28-2016 at 07:21 PM.
Old 02-28-2016, 07:50 PM   #231  
NewB'day:27Jun16

S/C/G: 233.4/231.2/199

Height: 5ft 3in

phew! What a difference a few weeks makes! Back then, I walked on ice to my car in flip flops and with wet hair. Today was warm and sunny and the pool sure seemed a whole lot warmer! I've got a lot of work to do to get back up to my early February shape. My face was beet red even after my shower.

Rennie, what kind of work do you do, if I may ask? How do you manage such a shift? That schedule might be agreeable with me, but if I HAD to keep such hours, I'm sure I wouldn't like it...teenage rebel that I am....

Aww, Jac, don't worry...My hand's on the plough and my shoulder's to the wheel...Wow, it's amazing how quickly your RA flared in response to your diet. That does not happen to me. It's the stress that gets me, and last spring was really bad. I'm hoping that with less weight, more sleep, better exercise, I can stave it off this year. Oh, and the meds, of course, which I MUST remember to take.

Looks like spring is early this year, so the yard work will get us into good shape! Here's to yard work with no mosquitoes!!
Old 02-28-2016, 08:51 PM   #232  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Evening all! Just a quickie tonight....been busy today doing laundry, shelling dried beans from last fall (!!), cooking for the next few days, playing with my critters, planning my garden (some more), etc., etc.

Menu...

Breakfast - 2 sausage links, pasta w/lemon- mushroom sauce
Lunch - 3 wings, fries (doggy box from last night)
Dinner - 1/2 slab baby back ribs, sweet corn, baked beans

Loving my electric pressure cooker. No kidding, the ribs were the absolute best ever!

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 02-29-2016 at 09:06 AM. Reason: typo
Old 02-28-2016, 10:10 PM   #233  

Rennie, thank you for checking in! I hope you have a good night's sleep!

SeeMyFeet, yes, I'm thinking my RA was reacting more to too much Diet Dr. Pepper and not enough water than anything. For all I know Diet Dr. Pepper is what caused the RA in the 1st place! I wish I weren't addicted to it, but it's like I hit the 6-month mark without it and the cravings are so strong, it drives me insane! I've been doing pretty well at having no more than one a day, but not in the past month. I was drinking it like I used to, and that's a LOT! I've heard soft drinks cause a problem for vitamin D absorption and that vitamin D and RA are linked. I definitely have problems with vitamin D. At one point, my levels were so low, they didn't register. I don't know how that's possible but my doctor was very alarmed, lol! I haven't had it checked recently, but the last time it was up to a 24. 30-50 is what they shoot for, and I've been taking supplements ever since so I feel pretty good about it. But I do wonder if all my Diet Dr. Pepper made it drop and it triggered my RA. I was actually more surprised that when I went back to eating more moderately and drinking lots of water, my RA straightened back out as quickly as it did. Don't get me wrong, I hurt, but at least I can function now!

PrairieQueen, oh my, pressure cooker ribs!

Carol Sue, I second what Rennie said!

ZCA72, so back to one of my other questions, what kind of dog do you have?
Old 02-29-2016, 08:19 AM   #234  

sorry

A Papillion. here is pic with kiddo. this is a few years old this pic, Bolt is 6 this november. I have to say he is one smart little guy and I have so much fun taking him on mountain hikes. He is like a mountain goat

This aspartame stuff in diet soda is just nasty. I believe if you cut it out you will find it should help. I gave up all diet soda. The aspart. stuff triggered more of my heart PVCs. the minute I dropped the soda they got back under control. this stuff is just scary junk. I 'rarely' have a diet soda, few sips or so and mostly do unsweet iced tea now when out and about if I want more than water. I have to watch caffeine for the PVCs also but I can handle tea vs. aspart. alot better.

--------------------------HI everyone
Up early. watching a tv show last night and fell alseep so early now I am up and bouncing at 5. but then again I was always an early riser.

usually late to bed, early to rise

day of running a few errands
doing this and that.
weather is sunny and hopefully a good warm out there so I can get some more outside stuff done

eating is 100% on plan. I have gone a long time now without going off plan it is crazy Usually I would fall off LC for a bit and get back on......that was all when my carbs were calling my name. Going into a zero carb eating pattern has stopped all that. Now I stay on plan so easy Finally I found a easy way to do this, believe me I looked long and hard finding a way to make this work Deep Keto is my best friend.

simple food. ribeye steak for lunch
dinner, hmm, maybe a bunch of crab legs and butter for dip
if not crab then probably couple of pork chops with cajun seasoning
can of sardines and chunk cheddar if wanted
not sure what I want...just not hungry at all so will decide later.

Wishing everyone a great monday!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg downsized_1106010935 (1).jpg (59.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 02-29-2016, 11:16 AM   #235  
TX Fat Chick

S/C/G: 258/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

ZCA72 that is so true about the diet sodas. I used to drink a lot of Diet Coke, at least a can a day and sometimes up to 3 cans a day. Once I went below 20 carbs a day, I could no longer handle the taste of a Diet Coke! I am about 90% water, 10% unsweet tea/coffee.
Old 02-29-2016, 12:38 PM   #236  

me too melissa
diet soda is pure chemical taste now to me. can't get past it. a few sips reminds me very fast
Old 02-29-2016, 05:00 PM   #237  

When I kicked my diet coke habit, I was finally able to lose weight.
Old 02-29-2016, 05:47 PM   #238  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Jacqui, I think because I went to bed so early Saturday night and slept 10 hours (a first in a long time) it was too much. I woke up tired this morning, smh. I talk to my husband on my drive to work and he said the same thing that I probably got too much rest. So I came home today and took a 3 hr nap Oh I forgot ... Jacqui, my goal for now is to get under 168. Hope it doesn't take me a month to do it

Busy busy PrairieQueen Which electric pressure cooker did you get? And how many/much ribs does it hold? You know I have the 3 giant boys so it needs to be big. Thank you

SeeMyFeet, I think I'm use to it now. It doesn't bother me too much. My 12yr old was the issue at first. I felt bad not spending enough time with her but she now makes plans for us and comes up with things that we can do when she wants so that Mommy can be in bed by 7. She will actually come get me when I'm chatting with you all and say, It's bedtime young lady! I love my baby ... she's my joy. She just told me while we were at McDonald's (yep Jacqui ) Ok today is the last day, we are gonna go walk that trail everyday and no more sweets for you! Then she comes to show me that Krispy Kreme has a special for today only ... good thing I'm already in Ok back to my hours ... from the week before black Friday to the second week in January going in at 11pm and not getting off till early afternoon that was hard. But its only 8 weeks so that's what we tell ourselves. No to mosquitoes

ZCA72 your menu today is making me yum

oh and I love my occasional Pepsi Max

Last edited by love2b150; 02-29-2016 at 05:49 PM. Reason: add addtl comment to Jacqui :)
Old 02-29-2016, 08:16 PM   #239  

Jacqui I did enjoy the nice weather......just wished it wasn't so muddy. We went to the Rusty Keg on Saturday for an early meal. I love their wings
Rennie I have the 6-quart Instant Pot. I'd say it would fit 2 slabs easily. Since it only takes 30 minutes and you finish them odd on the oven, you could make them twice. That's what I was thinking of doing when i have people here. I couldn't believe how good they were

Today was another nice day in Ohio, but I was at work. Spring break is in less than four weeks....back to Florida! Bro's snapping out of his illness-related depression....he's gained 16 pounds in two weeks and is walking much better for much longer periods of time. Mom wants us to drive to Key West (6+ hours) for a few days if bro can handle it....we'll see. There's always the water taxi, but she'd rather drive

Menu....
Break - fried egg, two sausage links, 1/2 cup mushroom pasta
Snack - cran water
Lunch - "buffalo" meatballs w/blue cheese dressing, cran water
Snack - pineapple
Dinner - beef enchilada
Old 03-01-2016, 12:50 AM   #240  

Okay, we're going to pretend I made it here before midnight and it's still Monday night!

Rennie, you got a salad at McD''s, right? And stayed away from the fries? You have a wonderful daughter!

PrairieQueen, yes, it was such a pretty day today. I wish the rest of winter would stay this way! I haven't been to the Rusty Keg in quite a while, but I do love their food! That is such great news about your brother!

ZCA72, aw, your dog is so cute! All your meats sound really good, but wow, I don't know how you do it all the time. Well, yes I do. It's just well-suited to you. For me it wouldn't be. I did Atkins once, way back, and by the time I stopped, I was convinced I'd never want a bite of meat or an egg ever again, lol! But that's how diets are. My sister is bored by the limitations of the Slow-Carb Diet and it has a day every week when you can eat whatever you want! It suits me. Her, not so much. Your diet suits you. Keep up the good work!

ZCA72 and Melissa, yeah, I know Diet Dr. Pepper is really bad for me, much like people who smoke cigarettes know they're bad for them, and like those smokers, I am addicted. Occasionally I get the gumption to try to stop drinking it once more, battle through the four days of severe migraine headaches the withdrawal causes, and I can usually make it for about 6 months, but right now, I don't have that gumption. Right now one a day is as limited as I can handle.

Hi SeeMyFeet and Carol Sue!

So as I suspected my Carb Day weight was delayed by a day. I weighed 170.5 this morning. I'm not sure why it does that. I will say that one thing I am doing more is drinking water in the middle of the night. I hate that because you shed most your water weight at night and here I am replenishing it, but hot flashes are killing me, lol! And of course when I drink water, I later have to get up to go the the bathroom and that never fails to trigger another hot flash which then leads me to drink more water! I was taking GNC's Energy and Metabolism vitapak and Nature's Way black cohosh on the side, but the young man at the counter this last time told me his mom had good results with GNC's Menopause vitapak which has black cohosh in it, so I decided to try it. I don't think it works as well for me. Maybe my hot flashes would be getting worse regardless, but I think when I run out, I'll go back to my old vitamins with black cohosh on the side. Meanwhile I need to try to resist trying to cool down with water in the middle of the night, lol!

Week 41: High 172.5, Low 168.5
2/23--172.5
2/24--171.5
2/25--170.5
2/26--169
2/27--168.5 Carb Day

Week 42:
2/28--169
2/29--170.5
3/1--
3/2--
3/3--
3/4--
3/5--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:

2 fried eggs
2 slices of bacon
Fage Greek yogurt with Mio
Mio water

Lunch: (Take away from local pizza place)
Large salad with pepperoni, veggies, and ranch dressing
Water

Tea Time:

Dinner: (Too tired to prepare dinner, so Hubs and I just snacked it.)
Bologna and string cheese roll-ups
Diet Dr. Pepper

Today's Exercise:
Lifting furniture and a fair amount of walking (on my feet most the day)

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 03-01-2016 at 12:53 AM.
Closed Thread