Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2016, 11:39 PM   #376  

S/C/G: 221/180/150

Height: 5'2 1/4"

Jacqui Thanks for the welcome back. Hope you feel better soon. No fun feeling achy.

PQ I have thought of your brother and wondered how he is doing. Sound like he is with your parents now. Sorry your trip wasn't what you expected.

ZCA I don't think I could do just protein, but I've heard of people that do very well eating that way. I have to ay that your ribeye and pork chops sounds really good.

Carol Sue and Jacqui Your conversation about reversing/controlling blood sugar was interesting. I agree. I have had the blood sugar under control a couple of times only to go back to my old ways of eating and experience diabetes again.

I know that VLC corrects diabetes and pretty quickly, but that is not going to happen with me. I recently read a book about a man who got his diabetes under control by eating moderately low carb. He says you have to realize that a diabetic has 2 choices find out what you have to do to correct and control it and avoid the problems or keep eating the way that got you here. I decided that I can live with MLC as a lifestyle. Then I remembered you guys here and I also decided to come back.

I did eat whatever I wanted during the holiday weekend, but this is my 2nd day of eating OP. I am ready for this and I am determined to stick with it this time. Y'all know I've been to this point before, so I hope I will be able to do a better job this time. But I think the things I've been learning from the books I'm reading about blood sugar is enough to convince me that there is no other way to control it.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:51 AM   #377  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

Hi Patty
yea it takes a true 100% meat hound to handle a ZC plan I just happen to love my meats so much I am the type of person that can do this plan. many want more variety and need it, I fall into the ZC eating very easily. Just keep finding that plan that works best for you!!

Jacqui....having troubles with your menu? craving comfort foods? OK---what you do---sit down and write the most decadent, delish, absolutely wonderful LC meals you love to the max!! All the super duper in love with foods you 'used for weight loss mode' and get them in a list and go shopping and make those foods. Treat yourself to every single top of the line LC meals you love!! It matters. It might be you got in a LC rut in a way. you know, kinda not finding those 'go to great meals' you once would kill for and enjoyed so much. EAT THOSE meals now. It just refreshes your whole mind in that, I love my LC foods. I want this way of eating. I am back on track! and by giving yourself the BEST meals you love with LC is the way to drag you back into line. (THAT IS what I had to do when I was in a rut and just in that stagnating zone. To me it is all about the food, so I started eating every single best food I loved on plan and in a few days, I was mentally right back on plan with a big old smile on my face) JUST a suggestion for you! you never know what snippet of info from another might help.

-----
HI ALL
fast post and getting moving for the day here early

simple day here. kiddo and I are off to moms for a visit. she wants to hit Kmart, uh, hmm, ok, she needs slippers.
then probably stop somewhere for a bite. I am eating big ribeye before I go. I don't want whatever food place we stop. they can eat, I will get an unsweet tea and chat.
Making this an easy relaxing day. nothing big happening which is fine by me.

I am ZC and loving my food and loving the slimmer me!!

Day by day my attitude toward food is changing so much it is spooky in a way. the other day I didn't even want to cook for the family. I have NO 'interest around food' which is huge and I want nothing to do with meals anymore. I want my 2 meat meals and then KEEP ME the heck away from food. but of course I have to feed them LOL and I have to say it is nasty now. I have no use for cooking and being in the kitchen more. So family is getting speed meals...not the old big ones I used to cook, they are being changed by me in how they eat, which is a good thing tho. healthy and smaller meals and it keeps me out of the kitchen mostly.

I changed shopping also a bit. ALL I want is to hit the meat dept, get my meats and leave!! but noooo...I have to carb shop for the carb crunchers in the house. Used to wander and check out new stuff and try it on them, search the aisles etc....now I make a very small list of what junk I need for them....make a b-line straight for it and out I go.

anyone mentions going out to eat and I cringe. I hate eating out anymore. I have 0 interest in it. whereas before I loved it. now it is a noose around my neck I don't even want to do anymore...which is ok. I have other interests. I would rather go hike a mountain trail and enjoy myself then sit at a greasy spoon diner over lunch.
Even my good restaurants, like my fav expensive steakhouse I loved. Why go there and get a $35 ribeye when I can eat the same thing at home for $7 I mean really? I can linger over a fun date with hubby going to say, a botanical garden and wander at night with the fairy lights and all and not have to be forced to sit and eat.....of course hubby would opt to sit at the steakhouse instead of a botanical garden any old day --HAHA....in that I can find a zillion things to do without food involved now.

believe me I am changing into a way different type of person than what I was. And I love the new me!
now I just have to streamline the meals and shopping and more to fit the new me. I can do it and still smile about cooking and shopping I hope

just interesting I am changing so much. Sure surprises me but I like everything about it! It used to take a mountain to change me. I was so set in my routine and life that any change I hated...now I am so different toward so much stuff in my life with my new way of eating. I don't know, just surprised the heck out of me but I am happy so that is all that matters. I have great new changes out of the new me!

everyone have a fab Wednesday and enjoy the day!!
Old 03-30-2016, 02:25 PM   #378  

ZCA Thanks for the encouraging word. Also I love the advice you just gave Jacqui which also spoke to me.

I too love meat, but I also love veggies especially salad veggies and a few fruits. I'm working to get my glucose under control right now so the fruit has to be very little. However, I can totally do low carb with salads. I usually have a salad at lunch time with EVOO and ACV or Mayonnaise that has no sugar. In the evening, I like some kind of meat with what I call a finger salad w/wo any salad dressing depending on my mood.

We are moving to TX this summer and I'm in the process of making this way of eat a lifestyle and I want to get my blood sugar under control before I have to meet a new doctor. So I really appreciate you sharing you journey and the advice you gave Jacqui and am going to take your ideas and make my own MLC meal plans according to the foods that I like. I can see that if I make this "my" plan that it has a better chance of becoming a successful health plan I can live with the rest of my life.

Today's plan

Breakfast
2 eggs, 2 sl bacon, 2 sl 45 calorie MG toast w/butter and coffee w/Splenda and 1/2 & 1/2

Lunch
boneless pork ribs and salad w/mayonnaise and a touch of Lite Ranch dressing for taste

Dinner
2 eggs, 2 sl Canadian bacon and 1 sl 2% American cheese

I've got 2 OP days behind me and made up my mind that today I going to be even better. I've heard the 3rd day is the toughest, but I decided this morning that it DOES NOT HAVE to be. So I expect today to be a great OP day.

Edited: To change food plan to what I actually ate. Didn't eat all the food I had planned. YAY!!! I had an extremely great OP day.

Last edited by pattygirl63; 03-30-2016 at 07:57 PM.
Old 03-30-2016, 07:57 PM   #379  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Evening all! My last night in Florida then mom and bro are at my house Sunday - Thursday. Mom has business and bro is riding along. We went to a flea market this morn and Chinese takeout tonight. I hope Friday's weigh in is not too ugly.

Break - one fried egg
Lunch - 6" subway steak/cheese sub
Dinner - four Chinese garlic wings and small Kung pao chicken (I threw 1/3 of it out....it was good but didnt want to be miserable)
Lots of water

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 04-01-2016 at 09:16 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 03-31-2016, 09:20 AM   #380  

patty, good for you. on plan is the best place you can be for BS control.

fruit is nasty. just a sugar dump. you might want to really think about ditching it. of course if you want some in plan I understand, it is what works for you.

and you got that right----you make a meal list that suits you perfectly! that is the key to making this work. eat what is important to you and your health and fit it into your day.

I can't do 'pre-planned' diets. like WW or Jenny...eat this packaged junky food and you will be thin. Nope that ain't happening LOL so it is up to me to make my own plan that fits me, 100%!

HI ALL
just cruising along
feel great
on plan 100%
have 2 ribeyes for food today. yum

I have some decadent crab legs calling my name in the freezer.

it might be a surf and turf day for me, hmm, not sure yet but sounding good.

cloudy, rain coming but I have outside time to get a few things done.
nothing major happening. just enjoying sipping hot tea and slowly waking up to this day.

everyone have a great day!!
Old 04-01-2016, 09:07 AM   #381  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Hey all, I took an unexpected trip to Indiana! My daughter lives here and she ended up in the hospital so of course I drove right over. She's had a time of it in the last couple of weeks. She had an ovarian cyst burst, she was diagnosed with Hasimoto Thyroiditis just this week, she's been having episodes with her hypoglycemia, and she ended up in the hospital because yesterday at work they thought she had a mild heart attack! The tests pointed to her esophagus rather than her heart though. Thank God! She's only 26 years old! She happens to work with doctors and nurses, and since Hasimoto's can affect the heart and her symptoms were all like a mild heart attack, they weren't taking any chances. I will be driving back home tomorrow so I won't be able to get back on tomorrow morning, but maybe tomorrow night. If not then, then on Sunday. Needless to say, I'm a bit of a nervous wreck!
Old 04-01-2016, 09:55 AM   #382  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Glad to hear your daughter didn't have a heart attack, Jacqui. She's had a lot going on lately. Hope she's doing better, soon!
Old 04-01-2016, 10:03 AM   #383  

Oh Jacqui! I'm so glad DD is okay. What a heart-wrenching time you've had. And your poor daughter to have to go through that. She's the same age as mine...I can't imagine. Thank goodness it wasn't her heart.

Back home yesterday afternoon....what a relief. I've been cleaning and cooking ever since, but that was the plan. I started doing laundry last night and it's still going....spare beds had to be stripped and prepared plus my winter linens needed washed and put away. Hubs did a great job with the fur babies and keeping up with the house... Kitchen was in great shape. My weight was up a half pound this morn but I know it's water weight from flying.

Break - 6" steak/cheese sub
Lunch - two small soft tacos from Salsaritas (w/guacamole)
Dinner - 2/3 porterhouse steak, oven fries, green beans
Old 04-01-2016, 01:19 PM   #384  

WOW Jacqui I feel so sorry she is going thru all those troubles. I sure hope everything falls into place for her and she is on the mend.
Yes I sure understand you being a nervous wreck!! I would be also. when it comes to our kids, right? I hope all is ok now!

HI ALL
easy day. got sinus troubles. this storm system has my head in a fog along with the allergies, but right now it is a normal thing for me. season moves on and I improve. but the woozey/light-headed clogged head gets me all the time will live tho

tummy seems off today. which is extremely rare for me. I ate about 8 slices bacon and was going to have some eggs but passed on those cause my tummy went into icky mode. huh. haven't had bacon in a bit. I don't know if that is it or if it is just whatever?? no biggie, not in a bad way and the nice thing is I have 0 interest in food so maybe a ribeye later tonight? I do have some hamburger, so maybe a few cheeesburgers?
eh, whatever whenever

everyone enjoy the day!

Last edited by ZCA72; 04-01-2016 at 01:20 PM.
Old 04-01-2016, 10:08 PM   #385  

I'm so tired...busy day of cleaning and cooking.

Break - steak and fried egg
Lunch - Amy's cheese and bean burrito
Dinner - homemade pizza, two lite beers
Old 04-02-2016, 02:12 PM   #386  

Hi all! Just taking a computer break for a few..... Hope you're having a good weekend
Old 04-02-2016, 02:47 PM   #387  

HI PQ, sorry you are so tired. I know that feeling. when you just hit that exhausted and sick of chores and all
been there many times and hope you get some good rest and refresh yourself.

-----hi all
easy day. sunny and nice and on the mend. head loosing up finally. ahh, to feel normal more again!
had a ribeye..yum
chicken thighs or ribeye again or crab legs are looking mighty fine.

I feel so good. I can't actually put into words how my body feels. It feels so alive and in tune and like has an energy about it now. I can't explain it really but it is so far from my old carb coma days of eating feeling sluggy, bloaty and all that. I am just in a wonderful place on my plan! just want to yell about it LOL

everyone have a fine weekend!
Old 04-02-2016, 07:08 PM   #388  

Evening all! ZCAglad to hear you've found something that works for you. I know what a great feeling it is when you're finally in the groove and feeling fine

Rennin, Carol Sue, Patty hey there! Jacqui keeping your DD in my thoughts and sending healing vibes her way.

Mom and bro arrive tomorrow night. I hope it's before bedtime as hubs and I are at work Monday they're driving up). Been tidying again today....I'll finish after breakkie tomorrow.

Break - leftover homemade pizza
Lunch - buffalo meatballs, carrot
Dinner - beef korma, naan bread
Snack - skinny margarita, chicken/cilantro wontons

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 04-02-2016 at 09:15 PM. Reason: Added a snack :)
Old 04-02-2016, 08:45 PM   #389  

A quick flyby to say I'm still here.

Jacqui Sorry to hear you DD is going through so much. Glad it wasn't a heart attack. Prayers coming your way.

ZCA I'm following more of a Paleo type of plan so I do plan to eat some fruit. I'm so glad you have found what works for you.

I made a big salad with steak cut up in it for dinner and itt filled me up so quickly and I could not eat it all so will have that for dinner tomorrow night.

Have a good weekend.
Old 04-03-2016, 08:08 AM   #390  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Trish, I had a big steak salad at Texas Roadhouse last night and could not finish it. If it's too wilted to eat today I will make more salad myself and just heat up the steak. The steak was delicious! I forgot to tell them to hold the steak fries but I picked them out and left them. I never liked fries much anyway.

ZCA I was starting to buy bacon just because I thought I should, but it wasn't sitting well with me so I stopped buying it again. It's just not for me. It's OK once in a while but when I buy a package, I'm eating so much of it so it doesn't spoil.
Closed Thread