Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2016, 07:44 PM   #346  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Good for you Melissa, for staying on plan and losing. I think I have done well the past few days and am expecting a drop any day now. I always tell myself if I'm good today, I may be rewarded with a drop tomorrow. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

I know my blood sugar has been great the past few days with very little meds.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:22 PM   #347  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Evening ladies! Great going Carol Sue on the blood sugar! Fingers crossed for a loss, as well I was down 0.4 lbs this morning for a new low. I'm hoping for another drop tomorrow.

My passport package is finally ready to go. I just have to go to post office tomorrow. I still have t got my lane tickets ....waiting one more day.

Break - buffalo meatballs
Snack - Apple
Lunch - buffalo meatballs, carrot
Snack - prosciutto panino
Dinner - leftover sausage mushroom pasta
Old 03-22-2016, 06:41 AM   #348  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

Melissa that is great you lost thru a social situation. those are hard times to adjust mostly and you did wonderful. plan and plan one more time and keep repeating, you want this big change in life to healthy eating so you will do whatever it takes, and you did and lost!!! cool.

Wanna, Jacqui scared some people away....HA HA you had me laughing on that one

PQ a new low!! Stellar. we love new lows!! rock on!!

----------------HI ALL
easy day but busy. moving fast
40 high intensity tape with hand weights. I am loving this early morning workout, feel so good after. who knew?
easy food, 2 ribeyes thru the day when wanted. no interest in food lately which always is a wonderful thing. love when there is no appetite or draw to any food. feels great!
BBBrrr....nice 80 deg. weather than slammed back into the low 60s. BOO! come on hot weather, get here!!

Leave Thurs for my beach trip. fast 4 days. there is an all you can eat crab legs buffet there near our beach site. I can eat so many crab legs it is scary. who says LC is hard? not for me it isn't LOL

everyone have a great day!!
Old 03-22-2016, 08:37 PM   #349  

Evening ladies! It's getting lonely around here...... Hope everyone is well...Jacqui how's that house coming along? Hope you're back home soon.

Passport renewal package mailed today, plane tickets bought, dinner out, and sitting in front of the boob tube watching travel programs. I'll be in bed soon enough! I. Going to try to go to a yoga class for beginners tomorrow before dinner......I hope it's not a disaster

Break - sausage mcmuffin
Snack - Apple
Lunch - buffalo meatballs, carrot
Dinner - grilled wings, fried green tomatoes
Old 03-23-2016, 05:42 AM   #350  

PQ, can't wait to hear on yoga.
me, in a yoga class, would be a disaster LOL

HI ALL

busy fast day.
pack the RV for trip. finish up work, get everything under control for heading out. tons of meats coming with me
only 4 day fast trip to the beach but hubby woke up sick this morning. ugh, kill me. he called out of work which is very rare. he best get over it by tomorrow

simple food, not hungry at all. I finished eating about 2pm yesterday. I love how that makes me feel. most mornings I would wake hungry, but I noticed lately I am changing more and more. I eat about 11/12 and again at 2/3 and I am finished for the day. but I would wake up hungry cause I stopped eating so early....but now, I am finding no hunger in the mornings. Woof! I love it! I would be very happy with this new pattern I am falling into. suits me so well. biggest key benefit is no 'raging' appetite ever. I get hungry I eat, but most times I am not hungry and I noticed I am eating less at each meal too

Thing is I think it takes a long time on my zero carb plan to fall into this great pattern. a year of eating this way and while I had great results on this plan, it is JUST NOW that I really am getting the best benefits that fit into my life perfect. the body is changing and accepting and coming back to a natural pattern and I am thrilled with that.

2 ribeyes whenever today

off to get this day started. much to do and little time to do it!!

everyone enjoy their day!!
Old 03-23-2016, 05:21 PM   #351  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

I'm home! I'm so happy to be home! And my cats are even happier, lol! (They weren't too sure about the temporary move down there.) I can't wait to catch up, but unless I stay up late tonight, I'll have to wait until tomorrow. I have 101 things waiting on me to do right now, but I wanted to drop in and say, I'm back, woohoo!!!
Old 03-23-2016, 06:57 PM   #352  

Welcome back Jacqui! I was just getting ready to post that I didn't think you were coming back. And Rennie's MIA, too.

I'm here but nothing to say, really. Eat, sleep, surf the net. What a life.
Old 03-23-2016, 08:20 PM   #353  

Welcome back Jacqui! Evening all

I went to a beginner yoga class for an hour tonight before dinner. The first half hour was a piece of cake. Then we got into some positions that we held a bit longer and required more balance and it became a little tougher. I bought a card for 8 classes, so I, committed for seven more, but I do not have to go to the see one ell the time.

Break - BLT wrap
Snack - cutie
Lunch - BLT wrap
Dinner - Tuscan chicken
Old 03-24-2016, 12:25 PM   #354  

LEELEE, I know I'm late saying this, but Good idea posting your meals. That absolutely helps keep me accountable. So glad to have you here! About the daily fluctuations (below 188 to 188.6 reference), it happens! Even if you stay OP, you will have daily fluctuations. It just how our bodies work. So just roll with it because as long as you stay OP, it will keep dropping overall.

PinkHurricane, to you too! And CONGRATS on losing 53 lbs! that's fantastic!

Carol Sue, lol! Nope, I'm not going anywhere. But it sure did feel like it being gone so long! The thing is it wasn't supposed to be that long. We just had so much to do and so little time to do it in. We even have to go back on Friday but that is just to sign legal papers with a notary public. Our previous renter was trying to buy the home from us on a land contract and since that fell through, we have to legally end that contract. The new renters called last night and said that the washer water line that the previous renter ran when she moved the spot for the washer had a terrible leak last night when they were trying to hook up their washer, so we have to get a plumber in for that. (We hired one after my DH couldn't fix the leak under the house, so hopefully he can get back out there quickly.) It just seems endless! The new renters want to buy the house in 6 months to a year. I have my fingers crossed! Read about your DH's concern about carbs and cancer. Good for him on wanting to make changes for his health! Wonderful that he now eats salmon and likes it! Lol! I hope I haven't scared people off (although you may be right)! I have tried to be better about not being so blunt. Does it show? Old dog, new tricks though. Sometimes the Marine Corps-raised / teacher side of me just comes out before I realize it, haha!

Rennie, thank you for staying in touch with me by text and updating everyone for me when I couldn't! How is your diet going? It was going well when I was in contact with you last. Is it still going well? Eating out did a number on me, so I'm up, but it's not too bad and I'll get back down to business now! Well, after Easter, lol! I imagine I'll spurge on Easter more than on usual Carb Days. I typically do on holidays!

PrairieQueen, I'm so sorry to hear that perimenopause has been giving you fits. It's definitely no fun! I just got back and you're about to leave for FL, aren't you? Will you be able to check in? Of course, it is your Spring Break, so you may not want to! Enjoy the sun! On the treadmill issue, if you will use it, they are a great idea! I prefer to walk a track (I can't walk sidewalks; they're too hard on my joints), but there are lots of people at the gym who walk and run on the treadmills. Yay on the hubs watching his carbs! I'm so interested to hear how your yoga goes as it progresses! I'd love to do that but I'm not so sure my body will get into positions like that anymore, lol!

Melissa, read about your town's oysterfest. My town celebrates pumpkins and you'll see I LOVE pumpkin foods. Pumpkin and mint chocolate are my favorite sweet flavors. It's a good thing you like oysters since that's what your town celebrates, lol! I hear you on needing to get back to exercise! I have been doing a lot of work that would constitute exercise, but it just doesn't have the same effect for me as an exercise routine.

ZCA72, Happy Belated On Plan 1-Year Anniversary! I don't think I've ever stayed on an actual plan as long as I have on the Slow Carb Diet this time around. May 3rd will be my 1-Year Anniversary and I have to admit, I'm pretty proud of myself already, lol! And good for you on fighting the carb munchies and staying OP! I put out chocolate candy eggs on my dining room table and when I walk through there now, my mind just automatically says, 'One won't hurt." Yes it will! Calorie-wise no, even carb-wise probably not for just one, but the damage occurs because it triggers me, and I will always want another one if I allow myself to have any at all! I know me!

It looks like everyone lost some while I was gone, so great job!

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and send this before I lose it! and I'll post my progress after!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 03-24-2016 at 12:58 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 12:47 PM   #355  

Wow, I was gone a long time! I wish I had remembered my scale! But I had my hands full remembering tools, paint, cleaning supplies, bedding, cats, and cat supplies! I'm not pleased with being back up to 173.5, but I am happy it's still within that 10-lb range I'm kind of allowing myself as a maintenance range. I really want to get to the gym, but I have so much to do to catch back up around here. My hubby has things he wants me to type up, we have to put things away and I could stand to dust and sweep, we have to go to the grocery, I have to get the Etsy store up and running again, I have to check on the antiques booth downtown to see what holes I need to fill in and to pick up the check from the last few weeks if there is one! The Y is staying open later now though so if I don't wear myself out, maybe I can get there tonight.

Week 41: High 172.5, Low 168.5
2/23--172.5
2/24--171.5
2/25--170.5
2/26--169
2/27--168.5 Carb Day

Week 42:
2/28--169
2/29--170.5
3/1--168.5
3/2--168.5
3/3--DNW
3/4--DNW
3/5--DNW Carb Day

Week 43:
3/6--DNW
3/7--DNW
3/8--DNW
3/9--DNW
3/10--DNW
3/11--DNW
3/12--DNW Carb Day

Week 44:
3/13--DNW
3/14--DNW
3/15--DNW
3/16--DNW
3/17--DNW
3/18--DNW
3/19--DNW--Carb Day

Week 45:
3/20--DNW
3/21--DNW
3/22--DNW
3/23--DNW
3/24--173.5
3/25--
3/26--

Week 46:
3/27--Carb Day
3/28--
3/29--
3/30--
3/31--
4/1--
4/2--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:

2 fried eggs
2 slices of bacon
Fage Greek yogurt with Mio
Mio water

Lunch:
Protein bar
Yogurt
Diet Dr. Pepper

Tea Time:

Dinner:

Today's Exercise:

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 03-24-2016 at 05:10 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 02:07 PM   #356  
TX Fat Chick

S/C/G: 258/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Hi Jacqui! Congrats on the one year anniversary. Awesome job!

B: Coffee/HWC/Splenda
L: 2 grilled burger patties with tomato and lettuce and mayo
D: Grilled salmon and asparagus.

Last edited by melissakd; 03-24-2016 at 02:18 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 03:54 PM   #357  

Jacqui, I was just teasing about you scaring people away. I don't think you ever really did. You seemed to pick on Rennie more than anyone and she's still here, sometimes. It sounds like you got a lot done. I hope this house sale goes through and you can get that off your mind. The antiques is enough to worry about.

We went and got our taxes done this morning at the AARP free service. I found out today that is for anyone, not just senior citizens, but most of the people who use that service are retired as it is only done during the morning.

Then I went grocery shopping for the rest of my Easter needs. We are going to my step-son's but I'm making a few things to take. I'm looking forward to it. I love family get-togethers.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:28 PM   #358  

Awww, Carol Sue, lol, I don't "pick on" Rennie! I ADORE Rennie! If you mean I "mother-hen" her not to eat too few calories because I worry about low blood sugar or not to eat too much junk food because I worry about high blood sugar, well, yeah, okay, I am guilty of that. She's younger than us, hasn't had diabetes for very many years, and she still has a chance of reversing it. And if she can't, if it's not physically possible, I just don't want her to face having to live with damage to her eyes, her feet, her nerves, her organs, as she gets older. I have tried to be better about offering unsolicited advice all the way around though, but it's hard when I care about y'all, lol! I'm glad you don't think I really ran anyone off. I would feel terrible about that! Oh I am with you: I love family gatherings! I look really forward to them too. Unfortunately, I'm not going to be able to see my grandbabies on Easter. They go to my daughter-in-law's family get-together for Easter. I get them on Thanksgiving and Christmas, so I know I have to share, but I don't like it, lol! We just got back from grocery shopping and wow! We needed quite a bit so that was an expensive trip! Thank you on the well wishes for the house selling! Oh, I hope it does! My DH loves that house and being on the river, but it's close to two hours away and just too much trouble. I don't like going down there. I'm a homebody though. Home is my favorite place to be!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 03-24-2016 at 05:33 PM.
Old 03-24-2016, 07:13 PM   #359  

Evening all! Jacqui I'm worn out just reading about all f your activities and errands. I am off to Florida tomorrow early afternoo out of Cinci. I'll be there in time for dinner

Break - 2 leftover wings, 2 fried green tomato slices
Lunch - leftover Tuscan chicken
Dinner - homemade pizza
Old 03-25-2016, 06:59 AM   #360  

Jacqui glad you are back. I also am worn out reading about everything. girl you are going at warp speed! a ton on your plate but it seems you were very productive in that time! catch your breath please LOL

yea I am a trigger person. one bite and OFF I go full speed into carbs at horrible binge situation. I can't pretend about it either. One of anything would mean a day or more of going totally insane. I absolutely positively will not do that to me anymore. so I stick to plan 100% like glue.

CONGRATS on your year coming up so fast on plan!!! it is amazing and it truly is pride we should feel for doing this for ourselves, doing what we said we will do and just living our life how we know we should and want!! it is an accomplishment when so many are yo yo'ing all around we found our path. I was that yo you gal, but not anymore I had to grow up and face the real facts/truth. it stinks you know...it really does LOL but hey, one has to do what one has to do!!

---------hi all, good friday to you!
My trip this weekend cancelled, it didn't go well

tire blew on RV. close to home early on thank goodness. no one hurt. just massive damage to RV. tire went insanity and ripped off fender, tore off metal sheeting all along side, dented in my big slide, lost 2nd axle brake line, damage under floor area near axle, mangled the compartment area near it and well, just a friggin' mess. Hubby got tired changed, we collected all the damage off the road, tired up and secured hanging metal from side and limped home.

rv in service, claim started etc. what a pain but hey, it is what it is and now just have to have it all fixed

hanging home and doing little. mostly relaxing
ribeye and pork chops as usual today

nothing dramatic now, all is quiet and easy and just gonna stroll thru this weekend. I hope everyone has a fun holiday weekend tho but stay on plan ya'll cause I want to hear no moaning about eating junk on monday HA HA HA
Closed Thread