Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 12:07 PM   #316  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrairieQueen View Post
Carol Sue, ZCA I kind of want a treadmill myself, but I don't want hubs to know that. He'd really start nagging
PQ, I do the exact same thing with DH. I wait until I am absolutely sure before I tell him. LOL

Miller beer gives me a headache. I am a Coors drinker when I drink at all.

I don't remember what month I bought my elliptical. We stopped in at Dicks to see what they had on sale, plus they have them set up so I could get on them and try before I buy. I tried every one until I found one that was comfortable and had a nice smooth glide to it. It is a Sole E25. All of them were on sale, plus all ellipticals and treadmills were additional $100 off. Then when I checked out, they said I would get an additional 10% off if I opened an account, which took off an additional $90. Then I received points on my account that equaled $50 off anything in the store. I went up and got a $49 punching bag for $0. So now I have that, too hanging from a beam in the basement. I keep telling DH I am going to paste his picture on it when I'm mad at him and punch away! LOL My treadmill is pretty old. It's a ProForm Crosswalk. Works fine for this old lady!
Old 03-13-2016, 09:09 PM   #317  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Thanks for the advice on the treadmill ZCA and Carol Sue. Hubs is chomping at the bit but he's going to have to wait a bit longer.

I had a great day today...lunch w/daughter and boyfriend then drinks at MadTree Brewery or my birthday. In between daughter took me to a spa for a facial that included a foot massage and arm/neck/shoulder massage in a very relaxing setting......so nice.

Break - Irish banger, fried egg, pineapple
Lunch - latkes topped with two sunny side up eggs, goetta, Bloody Mary
Snack - beer
Dinner - very small serving of linguini w/shrimp and spinach
Old 03-14-2016, 06:43 AM   #318  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

happy monday all

running errands and usual things.

will do 40 min. high intensity exercise tape with 2 lb hand weights in a bit.
then off to the races

tuna and mayo and ribeye planned
Old 03-14-2016, 08:14 AM   #319  

Just stopping by for a short rant.....Today started off like a usual Monday: a little tired this morning, weight up two pounds, not wanting to go face the kids at work.... Then Aunt Flo decides to arrive during my plan period two weeks late! What the heck? I thought this month was going to be "Get out of jail free." I guess not....third Monday in a row with PMS and the flood gates finally opened. End of rant.
Old 03-14-2016, 08:15 AM   #320  
TX Fat Chick

S/C/G: 258/214/160

Height: 5' 3"

Hi All!

Hubby and I fished all day saturday and then did yard work yesterday, it was such a beautiful weekend here. Still on plan, but have found my self eating much less. Just dinner both saturday and sunday. Both very LC. I feel a lot more energetic lately too. I need to really start a regular exercise routine now.

Hope you all have a great day.
Old 03-14-2016, 04:23 PM   #321  

I made chili for dinner today. Took mine out before I added the macaroni for DH. I use pinto beans and don't put a lot in because DH isn't big on beans, but pintos are soft and I mash them up with a fork. The bean curd just makes the chili a little thicker and DH doesn't know they're in there. Did you get that, Rennie? LOL It's like cooking for a small child.

PQ Happy Birthday! Tell Aunt Flo I said hello, but can't say that I miss her. LOL

Last edited by Wannabehealthy; 03-14-2016 at 04:24 PM.
Old 03-14-2016, 09:59 PM   #322  

Evening all! Not much to report tonight.... Got extra steps in by cleaning a bit after work. That's it, no excitement

Break - buffalo wrap
Lunch - buffalo wrap, white grapes
Snack - almond/cran mix
Donne - pressure cooker pork chop, oven fries, Brussels sprouts
Snack - cran wAter

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 03-14-2016 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 08:29 AM   #323  

HI ALL

finished 40 min. high kcal burn exercise tape. used 1 lb hand weights. woof! I got so hot but it felt good. shower time

errands to handle, have to hit the road soon.

will take little doggie cause along the way is a track. I am not a track walking gal but this is the best I can squeeze in today and I WANT to get outside. later I might just relax on the porch when I get everything done. lounge chair, sun, the tunes playing. oh yea I can handle that!!!

ribeye later when wanted

tuna and mayo tonight

everything is good in my little world. Beautiful Carolina blue day happening here and high of almost 80!
Old 03-15-2016, 01:07 PM   #324  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Hi ALL

Carol Sue, husbands think what they want to think. My daughter said that about her husband last evening as she was finishing my hair he walked in I think they are such a cute couple, they are definitely a great fit for one another I have a ProForm treadmill also. I bought it from my neighbor when we lived in VA. It's a great treadmill, has the fan, the tuck away poles at the side. That's funny about the punching bag LOL Carol Sue re: the beans, you are funny You are a bowl of funny today re: not missing Aunt Flo

Melissa I always remove the skin on chicken. I just don't like the feel

ZCA72 and everyone else

... message from Jacqui_D ... I have not disappeared! I just don't have a choice right now. I will be back soon! I'm not purposely staying away! I miss y'all!

PrairieQueen I have calorie cycled before it does work and you're right it seems that if you do something too long at some point it just stops working and you have to switch for a bit. It's good you know how to work things out, YAY YOU Happy Belated Birthday to you. Wishing you many more My birthday is next month I had to look up the Irish Banger, that looks really good but the mash would set me off ... however I have had only a half cup when I make them for the kids and I haven't gone back so maybe I'm getting a little better Latkes (didn't know what they were called but my former roommates Mom use to make them) so good I could have spent that day with you and been in heaven I'm seeing remnants of Aunt Flo no full cycle yet just spots to annoy me along with the horrible bloating, rings are tight No cycle last month and not due till the 25th of this month Oh PQ I saw a Cuisinart pressure cooker at BJ's for $79. It was 6 qt size. Seemed big enough but idk until I have to load it up

Last edited by love2b150; 03-15-2016 at 01:07 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 04:22 PM   #325  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

So I just found this thread and subscribed immediately!!!!!

I am happy to see it's pretty active as well! I am doing the Trim Healthy Mama plan which is a low glycemic, modified low carb-ish diet hahaha! Basically, no sugar or starchy veggies or many pastas and breads. I do fuel switching, between low carb and low fat depending on my mood/energy levels/satiety/etc and always center every meal and snack around a hefty dose of protein. So far, I've lost almost 53 pounds and it's a fantastic plan!

That's the really simplified version of it but you get the jist. I also just started a weight lifting program this week so I am making sure I get plenty of protein!

Last edited by Pink Hurricane; 03-15-2016 at 04:22 PM.
Old 03-15-2016, 05:40 PM   #326  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

Pink Hurricane how long have you been doing this plan? 53lbs is great I'm glad you're back to posting
Old 03-15-2016, 08:29 PM   #327  

Hi Pink and ZCA!

Rennie I didn't have any mash,but I do like it. I had the last one this morn w/egg. Latkes are just hash browns with egg, seasoning, and a little flour (I think). We went to a "real" hipster hangout where they're poor and not same as the nerdy rich hipsters that we see at the other area we usually go to eat. These little places have the best food I didn't know there were different "varieties." It was the best day.

Carol Sue and Jacqui.....hey there!

Break - banger and fried egg
Snack - clementine
Lunch - pork chop, pineapple spears
Snack - clementine
Dinner - grilled wings, 1/2 piece of cheesecake
Old 03-16-2016, 07:23 AM   #328  

HI Pink, congrats on that nice loss! Sounds like you are in a very good place.....keep on rocking down the scale!!

-----------HI ALL
simple easy day...but errands to run. run here and there and get it done.
no exercise tapes, no treadmill---rest day for me

ribeye and tuna/mayo whenever

sunny nice 80s and hitting the porch with a lounge chair and good tunes playing this afternoon and full relax mode

I love great spring/summer weather.

everyone enjoy the day!!
Old 03-16-2016, 09:09 AM   #329  

I am down 1.5 lbs today, but they are recycled pounds and I'm not quite back to ticker weight yet. You see, I only report when I'm down, not when I'm up.

It take me so long to read this thread because I have to google half of what PQ says. LOL LOL

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bangers_and_mash

I think DH and I would like that. I make latkes (potato pancakes) but mine are different than any others I've seen. DH likes them.

Pink, welcome to the thread. At first I thought I posted with you before, but then I rememered it was Pink Something Else. Good loss, and good to switch from plan to plan to keep from stagnating.

ZCA I also love tuna and mayo.
Old 03-16-2016, 07:32 PM   #330  

Evening all...way to go Carol Sue! I'm not back to my low that's still in my profile either. I refuse to make it go higher, only lower.

Well, today I went snack free so I could have a half piece of cheesecake tonight, and it was worth it . Aunt Flow is still visiting but it's starting to pack. Hopefully, I'll get a whoosh by Friday/Sarurday. Went to get my passport photo taken for a renewal, but no luck. First place doesn't do them now. Drugstores new building produces yellowing of background and shadows, third place was closed. I'll stop at third place earlier in day tomorrow to get this thing done hopefully.

Breakfast - beef short rib fajita filling w/fried egg
Lunch - short rib fajita
Dinner - cinci 3-way spaghetti
Treat - 1/2 piece cheesecake

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 03-16-2016 at 07:35 PM.
Closed Thread