Closed Thread

Old 04-12-2016, 08:11 AM   #436  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

PQ, wow on your cat. a tussle with something with big teeth for sure. hope he improves and does ok.

I also know those 'clash of wills' with my hubby you had me nodding, yes yes yes I know what she means!! while reading it.

all I can say to myself over and over is Men are from Mars and I don't live on that planet LOL
Old 04-12-2016, 07:10 PM   #437  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Yes, ZCA, what we eat is our "diet" as that is the true definition of the word, even though many use the word "diet" to mean "weight loss diet." Right now my main concern is my diabetes. I do not want to lose my eyesight, toes, feet or kidney function. Avoiding starchy carbs keep my blood sugar low and that's really what got me to give them up. It's about so much more than my fat body. LOL But I'd be lying if I said I don't care about my weight. I think the most noticeable thing for me is how I have lost interest in baked goods. I do a lot of baking, for my family, but it actually makes we squeamish to even look at it. They can't get enough, however.

For me, I would consider throwing in an all-vegetable day here and there to help with my weight loss. I always say, I didn't get fat from eating too much broccoli! LOL
Old 04-12-2016, 07:14 PM   #438  

PQ, I'm so sorry to hear that something tangled with your kitty! I hope he is Ok. I worry about letting my dog out when it's dark because we get a few critters with big claws in our yard from time to time, but when he has to go, he has to go!!
Old 04-13-2016, 08:02 AM   #439  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Morning all!

"News" to report - kitty is doing well, but has only been going out with me in the morning and after work. He doesn't wander too far from my side. He's streetwise, but he's normally a little too brave. The crazy thing is his episode happened in the bright sunshine with hubs outside working. If there's trouble to be found, Mr. Darcy will find it.

Hubs and I went to out last night for dinner, and he was very sensible with his ordering (a chicken harvest salad and one craft beer, no chocolate or sweets when we got home either). He was rewarded with his new personal best this morning. He's been losing an average of a pound a week, but the last few weeks has been more like 1.5/week. His goal is 200 lbs (he's 217 now at 6'1"). We go to England to visit his family in less than seven weeks and he's really pushing to get slimmer before then. He was about 230 lbs when they saw him last (2 years ago).

Yesterday's menu...
Break - chicken gnocchi soup
Lunch - pasta w/chicken & pesto
Snack - two mandarins
Dinner - grilled wings, sweet potato fries, one lite beer

Oh the carbs I have had this week!
Old 04-13-2016, 08:31 AM   #440  

Wanna I hear you loud and clear. But in the end 'a fatter body' on a person is a worse health situation. the slimmer and 'less fat' we carry on our person is a true complete help to our body. science of course supports that. We who are heavier must lose some lbs. to support the 'whole healthy body system' at work.

vanity lbs....LOL...I sure know those and want to lose them but in the end the more I think about it, a slimmer person is more apt to have a healthier system inside their body working for them, not against them..........in that I am saying a very very very basic generalization here.....we all know we are so unique in our bodies and situations that it is never 'one size fits all' but in real science, one size that does fit all is losing weight is a benefit to our bodies. the whole system. the whole workings.

are skinny people unhealthy...of course
are heavier people unhealthy...of course but with 'extra stress on their systems' that doesn't need to be there vs. a thinner person.

are skinny people healthy, sure
are heavier people healthy, sure....but with 'extra stress on their systems' that doesn't need to be there and could give alot more added benefits to the whole being if the person lost some extra fat.

in general, yes we can eat healthy and do better for ourselves, but ''''weight''' plays an important part in all of the general workings of our physical system.

but if we know that, at some point WE ALL MAKE compromises that fit our lives as we see fit

PQ--Mr Darcy---omgosh you had me cracking up on that!!
happy hubs is coming around!

HI ALL
off to shop in a bit with my friend. wedding of her neice on May 4 and we want something nice to wear. I might 'shop my closet' since I lost lbs and can get into nicer things I own.....she wants a nice top to go with her outfit so we are off to look and have fun. food, hmm,,,,cause she will want to eat somewhere, will be super duper crazy selective in that I hate eating out anymore. might just nibble and 'pretend' to be eating it--LOL
I don't care cause she doesn't give a fig on what and how or if I eat LOL which is why I love her so much as a great friend!! She lets me be me!
Old 04-13-2016, 03:43 PM   #441  

So ZCA why did we let ourselves get into this predicament in the first place????????? LOL I know that weight loss is healthier. Right now I haven't figured out how to do it, for me. Well, I know, but I can't make myself stick to it long term. I need to find the Determination and I try to find it in the stories of other successful people. You know what I mean.

PQ, so who did Mr Darcy tangle with in the broad daylight? I'm glad he's behaving himself, at least until he heals.

DH is probably the size of your DH. He could probably stand to lose a few, but over all I would never have considered him to have a weight problem. He seems to put a few on in the winter and take it back off in the summer. We need to find him a more active hobby for winter, but I have no room to talk!!
Old 04-13-2016, 09:22 PM   #442  

Carol Sue I have no idea what got him but he's almost back to his old mischevious self.

Break - chicken salad bacon wrap
Lunch - chicken salad bacon wrap, homemade applesauce
Snack - 7 almonds
Dinner - large portion of lasagne (after yoga)
Old 04-14-2016, 06:31 AM   #443  

wanna, oh boy the loaded question. WHY did we???? for me personally it comes down to the food we eat. that little old line of 'we are what we eat'. I think when younger and you get a bit heavy we 'don't feel it' mostly so it is in that 'I am kinda ok with it' category....then as we get older the lightbulb goes on about 'true health' I guess. then we start the battle changing all our ways we lived with our entire lives and boy we do know that is a rough journey LOL

there are a zillion things out there that 'we know as smart individuals' should not happen ever for a healthy situation in our life yet we do them all the time. I guess we can't be 'perfect' every day of our lives when it comes to physical vs. what the mind wants I assume????

oh gosh who knows LOL

HI ALL
off to moms today for brunch and running around to some stores.
omelet for me. best food choice when eating out for me.
bacon and cheese, yum

ribeye later today whenever

nothing much doing. just cruising along waiting for my 'real hot summer' weather to come along here so I can get the pool opened etc.
sleepover for kiddo's birthday on saturday...a whopping 11 years old only 2 friends she wants sleeping over so it will be an easy event.

off to get the day moving along. hope everyone has a fine day!!
Old 04-14-2016, 09:27 AM   #444  

ZCA I know for me it all fell apart when I went from living alone to living in a family setting. I had 2 preteens when I woke up the day after my wedding. I had a perfect WOE when I was single, and changed it when I got married, knowing full well what would happen. DH told me "You are thin. You can eat anything you want." Boy, did I prove him wrong!!

PQ glad to hear Mr Darcy is back to his old self.
Old 04-14-2016, 06:02 PM   #445  

Evening ladies! I'm having such a time with hunger this week.....hopefully a whoosh is around the corner. But I've been having pasta three nights this week, so we'll see. I've had a deficit every day but one as well, with most days being 400-500 cal under. I used to lose in daily, tiny increments, but lately it's been whooshes.im sure it's because of my pasta and potato binges I have discovered sweet potato oven fries w/cayenne from scratch. This is my new go to side to when I make burgers....love them. I've decided this weekend's food splurge is going to be pull-apart sliders....one of my former students posted it on FB and I've been thinking about them ever since!

Jacqui still sending healing vibes to DD.
Rennie hope nothing is wrong and you're just super busy with life.

Break - sausage mcmuffin
Lunch - bean soup
Snack - 3 mandarins
Dinner - Cincinnati chili 3-way spaghetti, lite beer
Old 04-15-2016, 09:50 AM   #446  

oh boy Wanna do I hear you on that one!! 2 preteens and a new marriage....ugh you ain't got a chance girl!!

I also saw that. snagged the hubby so why not enjoy now instead of 'watching my weight' like a good person does and needs to hook the guy LOL
once you got it, all bets are off--HA HA
yea I never had a good relationship with food. I knew 'I was one to 'watch' the intake on food' to hold myself but so easy to do when alone. throw in a 'family' and it goes off the charts for sure!!

PQ hope the whoosh comes! you are in your zone and doing well, keep on going!!!

For me today:
had good time with mom yesterday, being 88 and broke hip in Jan she drove to the grocery by herself and did great--she is walking good also--so happy about all this!! BUT the omelet was a disgusting disaster....I always say--how can you screw up an omelet? by a 'cook' who doesn't have a clue LOL

cold shredded cheddar thrown on a folded egg with some 'bacon bits' thrown on for good measure cause after all, I did order a cheese bacon omelet HA HA

never again!

Kiddo is 11 today. my birthday tax write off LOL

just running here and there and moving fast. alot to do and alot on my plate with life getting in the way as usual.

everyone have a great friday
Old 04-15-2016, 06:14 PM   #447  

Happy weekend everyone! It finally got past the 70 degree mark here today. good ole Aunt Flo popped in tidal for a stay. That's why I've been so hungry this week. These last few months, she's been unpredictable, so I never know when she's going to show up on my doorstep.

Break - sausage mcmuffin
Lunch - half portion of Vinci chili three-way spaghetti
Snack 3 mandarins
Dinner - sriracha Orange beef w/brown rice
Future snack - lite beer
Old 04-16-2016, 09:31 PM   #448  

It's not even ten on a Saturday night and I'm ready for bed. I finally had a day outside in the garden and I'm pooped!

Break - leftover sriracha beef
Lunch - ham and cheese sandwich
Dinner - two homemade sliders w/cheese, salad, sweet potato oven fries

Night!
Old 04-17-2016, 02:37 PM   #449  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Ok y'all I'm attempting to do this on my phone. My DH has commandeered my computer because his broke down a week ago and he's working on our taxes which of course are due tomorrow! Prairie Queen, I haven't seen the whole story yet but I saw the reply that something hurt your kitty. I am so sorry to hear that and I hope he continues to get better! Thank you for the well wishes on my daughter. She came homelast weekend and we've learned that she has a strained deep muscle involving a pressure point and when it spasms it mimics the pain of a mild heart attack! So it's painful for her, but not dangerous, not her heart or her esophagus. She has to do exercises because it's connected to her job on sitting hunched over a computer for hours every day. Carol Sue, I have been doing terrible on my diet. I'm still drinking too much Diet Dr. Pepper and protein bars. I've hardly eaten anything else and then on yesterday's carb day, I went crazier than usual on sweets and today my RA is killing me! Today I really am starting new. I refused to buy more protein bars at the grocery yesterday. I'm taking them completely off my allowed list. And Dr.Pepper too. If I want Dr pepper I'll have to wait for Carb Day. ZCA, I know you warned me about the effects of the protein bars, and I avree byt I thought I could keep them on my list for "emergencies". I can't. My all or nothing mentality gets in the way. Anyway y'all, I probably weigh 180 now but I am not going to get on the scale until I give myself a week of eating well again so I won't become discouraged. Today I had my eggs and bacon and yogurt for breakfast and a salad for lunch and only water with mio to drink. It's a good thing I gave away my bigger clothes because it forces me to realize I can't vet bigger, lol! I kept only one pair of comfy slightly larger jeans and those are getting snug so I have no choice but to get back on track! And my RA is absolutely punishing me for my transgressions so I can't keep doing this. I apologize for any typos. I'm too blind for this phone, lol!
Old 04-17-2016, 08:42 PM   #450  

Jacqui so glad to hear that daughter's heart is okay!

Lots of gardening this weekend.....it was so nice here. I went clothes shopping for hubs... New shorts in a smaller size we went through his old cargo shorts that were designed for a 14-year-old and tossed most of them. He's gradually classing up his summer wardrobe. Last year he ditched the public display of tacky t-shirts.

Break - ham and scrambled egg
Lunch - 2 sliders
Snack - lite beer under the trees
Dinner - ribs w/cherry chipotle sauce, oven fries, spinach salad
Snack - cranberry water
Closed Thread