Closed Thread

Old 02-24-2016, 12:37 PM   #211  
~Rennie

S/C/G: HW/220~SW/191.2~GW 141

Height: 5'3

PrairieQueen I love love love bacon. I never eat the fat anyway on anything. I pick it off before I put it in my mouth. You know me with the texture thing, eww every time anyone talks about bacon I want bacon. YUM So glad to hear your brother is well what a blessing

Jacqui good job on the lb down I just noticed you are back to week 1 ... I think you should go back to the week when you weighed what you weigh now, not back to the beginning ... just my 2 cents I hope we both get it back under control I have no doubt that you will Jacqui when I got down to 152.8 last year it still didn't look good to me. I still looked fat. Every picture taken confirmed it. You're taller than me and know what you prefer to see in the mirror and what you'll be happy with. I saw do what ever makes you happy. You know the upside is if you go too low, it doesn't take but a few days to add a little back ... that doesn't sound good does it? But we know it's true. I can't wait to see where you'll be happy

ZCA72, nice whoosh

Carol Sue I like your goal ---> my goal is to weigh less tomorrow than I do today.

down 1.1 today to 168.3 but my calories were low yesterday (Jacqui no comment) today they are truly on point and on Monday they super high and I had a loss

Current stats
started January 01~ @ 176.6 (-1.2)
21~ 173.3 (+0.6)
22~ 171.9 (-1.4) not sure how but ok
23~ 169.4 (-2.5)
24~ 168.3 (-1.1) calories low yesterday so I may be up tomorrow
25~
26~
27~
28~
29~
Old 02-24-2016, 04:09 PM   #212  

S/C/G: 188/185/164

Height: 5'8"

Carol Sue, Yes, I really should not settle for being on the higher end of things I suppose. We'll see. I have to get back to 164 first! I too have heard that your face will fill back in when you finally get to where you're going and begin to maintain. I'm just not convinced on where I'm going yet. Do I want to shoot for 164, 159, or 147? I like your goal, lol! Maybe that's the one I should adopt, and wherever I land, I land!

Rennie, lol! I suppose if your calories were high on Monday and low yesterday, it all evens out! Yay on the loss! On all the losses! You have been killing it the last few days! Yes, I thought about that on the weeks. I agree. It isn't like I'm starting all over. I never quit slow-carbing. I've just been eating more than I intend to! I'll go back and see what week it really is. Okay, it's Week 41, so I changed it!

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 02-24-2016 at 04:16 PM.
Old 02-24-2016, 05:04 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 234/179/160

Thanks guys! I sure am actually trying to lose lbs at a faster rate instead of letting it go slower like usual

I am 5'8. age 54. My butt is leaving I got some saggy on thighs and of course the upper arms and I have one problem as being older I noticed the more lbs I lose the more my jowls seem saggy. I don't care one bit about the body in a way. the face gets me

I think for me I want 160 as my low weight and do a 3 lb. range then. being zero carb, I am not changing how I eat at all when I hit goal. So I know a 3 lb range should be very in line with my food consumption.

at 165 and 5'8 I seem long and lean. good enough for this 54 year old. younger, I would go thinner probably but being older now, got a great hubby (not on the man hunt LOL) I feel that I am going to go for 'very comfortable' and forget the elusive supermodel situation that ain't happening at all!

when I hit my 160 range whatever clothes I am in--those are what I will stay in! will use clothes then as my judge and screw the scale number.

just how I think of it. Also am contemplating a 'very small' jowl line lift when I hit goal and stay there a while and I am set in not changing or gaining. but that will be determined.

who knew goal could be so hard you think hit that number you pick and boom life is great. never is I guess
Old 02-24-2016, 06:59 PM   #214  

S/C/G: 181/132.8/130

Height: 5'3.5"

Evening all! Rennie glad you're back you would love this bacon....I hope I can get butcher to give it a go. Jacqui stay strong! Surely you're getting some extra exercise working on your house Carol Sue what I'm going to fix for the next meal....I love so many different types of foods: Chinese, mex, Italian, Indian, Greek.....

Today's chow....

Break - sausage McMuffin
Lunch - lasagne
Snacks - almonds/dried blueberries, prosciutto/mozzarella roll, pineapple spear
Dinner - 1/2 French dip sandwich, lettuce wedge w/ bacon & blue cheese dressing

I've been soooo hungry the past two days. Aunt Flo must be on her way.

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 02-25-2016 at 07:16 PM.
Old 02-25-2016, 08:22 AM   #215  

good morning

raising hand--super carb sensitive person here

day is finally a bit sunny. big storms yesterday and wind was super scary.

20 min. fast walk exercise tape
20 min. slower walk tape with resistance bands
1/2 hr. high incline treadmill

food is super simple: 2 big ribeyes fried in a little garlic butter
1-2 cans of sardines and little chunk cheddar if wanted

cutting my AS. down to 1 liquid sweetener drop per hot tea cup. in a week or so (or whenever) I am going to ditch it totally and I will be off the fake sweet for good. something I do not like to use but I 'wanted to keep' my sweet in my life, but heading to zero carb eating I realize I do not need it or require it. So working on it

hope everyone has a fab Thurs.
Old 02-25-2016, 04:50 PM   #216  
~Rennie

YAY Jacqui I like WK #41 better and thank you I like your numbers --> 164, 159, or 147 ... I may just add them to my signature until I get frustrated again That's when my ticker notes change

ZCA72

Thanks PrairieQueen, I'll have to ask around to find a butcher/market here. I haven't ventured out enough in this RDU area to know much. Lean bacon of my goodness, my daughter and I would be in Heaven for sure PQ that's what I said TOM must be lurking, I want every thing

Carol Sue where are you? If Jacqui and I can't disappear you can't either

Back up .7 to 169.0 ... had a yummy carby dinner last night ... SO Mama-Hen I am not eating too low calorie

Last edited by love2b150; 02-26-2016 at 11:18 AM.
Old 02-25-2016, 07:31 PM   #217  

Evening all! Hi ZCA, Rennie, Jacqui, Carol Sue and everyone else that may be lurking.

Even though I feel like I've been having more calories than on plan (I'm always hungry), had a mini whoosh of a pound this morn. I'm down 3.6 lbs thus month! I'm Still fighting a bit of cough and sniffles plus getting nine hours of sleep two nights in a row and still tired. I'm lucky in that I very rarely get sick. Ah, but tomorrow is Friday, and no obligations this weekend.

Menu...
Break - roast beef, 1/2 slice provolone
Snack - almonds/dried blueberries
Lunch - 1/2 serving lasagne
Snack - pickles, prosciutto/cheese roll, pineapple spear
Dinner - lemon mushroom chicken, angel hair pasta
Snack - cran water

We'll see how the scales reacts tomorrow.
Old 02-25-2016, 11:18 PM   #218  

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2b150 View Post
YAY ... SO Mama-Hen I am not eating to low calorie

Rennie, you're so funny! I'm sure that little blip up will fall away again soon! Drink enough water!

ZCA72, you are the same height and age as me, although I'll be 55 in a couple of months. I noticed that the lower in weight I got, the more my jowls disappeared. That might happen with you also. I guess it depends on the shape of your face. I have a pretty square face and am prone to jowls the heavier I am. Like you, I am no longer interested in being super thin. I just want to be healthy and comfortable in my own skin!

PrairieQueen, yay on the mini-whoosh and being 3.6 lbs down this month! I sure hope you get rid of your sniffles and cough soon. That sure is going around! Even my little grandbabies got it. My son's whole family did, all five of them, all at once! I just hate that. They are on the mend now though. I'm not surprised you don't get sick often with all those fresh foods and garden veggies you eat!

Carol Sue, hope you're doing well today!

I lost another lb today!

Week 41:
2/23--172.5
2/24--171.5
2/25--170.5
2/26--
2/27--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:

2 fried eggs
2 slices of bacon
Mio water

Lunch:\
Protein bar
Mio water

Tea Time:
Emerald Cocoa Almonds (Yum!)

Dinner:
Leftover pot roast
Steamed broccoli and cauliflower
Diet Dr. Pepper

Today's Exercise:
Old 02-26-2016, 06:22 AM   #219  

Good morning everyone!!

PQ, 3.6 for the month is wonderful! and the month isn't over yet keep rocking it down!

JD, you are doing great! thanks so much for that information on the jowly area. When I lost 70 lbs on low fat/low calorie before (could not maintain it, I starved!) my jowl area was saggy. BUT this time I am losing lbs. on ZC/VLC so my body could drop and change in a different manner??? I hope so I noticed true LC eaters are leaner/meaner than the carby eaters who are fluffier in their bodies. I noticed that on me this time down the scale. So I shall wait and see if my body settles into a different state at my goal area and final resting place on the scale. hopefully I won't mind what I see!

----------easy day
1 hr. high incline treadmill

off to run errands and do chores and more I have to get finished

30 min. moderate intensity walk exercise tape with resistance bands

food is super simple: 2 ribeyes, 1 can sardines and chunk cheddar if wanted

so far so good. keeping on the straight and narrow and it seems to be what this old gal needs!

hope everyone has a fab day!
Old 02-26-2016, 07:28 PM   #220  

I think I had a (mental) breakthrough about my weight loss today. I've had several episodes of being "stuck" in my 8-month journey ev n though I was restricting my processed foods and calories. Every time I got a whoosh I try to remember what I ate, etc. well, this week I started losing well again even though I thought I'd overdone it with the food. I started reading stuff on the Net and came across a Dr. Oz article on blood sugar, glycogen, etc., etc.. and eating in threes: every three hours having 30% carbs, 30% fat, and 40% protein (I think thirst were the numbers). Well, this is what I've been doing without knowing it. I think my God was good not in and out of starvation mode before. I hope it's not just a coincidence and continues.

Menu...
Breakfast - sausage McMuffin
Snack - almonds/dried blueberries
Lunch - leftover lemon/mushroom chicken, angel hair pasta
Snack - pickles, prosciutto panino
Dinner - homemade beef mariachi pizza, 2 lite beers

Last edited by PrairieQueen; 02-26-2016 at 07:28 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:17 AM   #221  

Hi PrairieQueen, Rennie, Carol Sue, ZCA72! I know I am posting after midnight so it's showing today's date, but it's still like Friday night for me, so pretend I posted this yesterday before midnight!

I lost another 1.5 lbs today so I am back in the 160's at 169. I hope I can start Carb Day in the morning with that weight! I don't know though. I babysat the grandbabies tonight and had Wendy's for dinner. That always seems to make me hold water. But I've been drinking plenty of water so hopefully that will flush out the extra sodium. We'll see! I still need to get to the gym!

PrairieQueen, yay on stumbling into a breakthrough with your weight loss! I hope it keep working for you!

Week 41:
2/23--172.5
2/24--171.5
2/25--170.5
2/26--169
2/27--

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:

2 fried eggs
2 slices of bacon
Fage yogurt with Mio
Mio water

Lunch:
Protein bar
String cheese
Mio water

Tea Time:
Emerald Cocoa Almonds

Dinner: @ Wendy's
10 chicken nuggets
Small chili
Water

Today's Exercise:

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 02-27-2016 at 01:45 AM.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:37 AM   #222  

PQ it is always nice when we find a sweet spot that our body loves. I hope it is what is your best combo for losing lbs

for me it is beef. I lose so well on beef. throw in chicken, pork chops, crab legs and I slow down. I eat beef and my body responds, just in that ribeyes and other beef only would make me nutso for life

------hi everyone
easy day of this and that. outdoor stuff if it warms up enough. piddle around the pool and get things straightened up etc. usual Sat. stuff and goofing off. if warms up might take doggie to the walking track. get about 3 miles done.

All this will happen if it gets WARM. being in the South I don't even have a 'winter coat' when it gets super cold out there. the season is SO short for freezing cold that I just stay inside and wait til it is over.

food is super simple---ribeye with garlic butter. dinner is buffalo chicken wings, or crab legs, or big old monster cheeseburger patty. 1 can of sardines and chunk cheddar if wanted.

40 min. high intensity exercise tape
1/2 hr. treadmill high incline

wishing everyone a fun and happy Sat!!

Last edited by ZCA72; 02-27-2016 at 07:38 AM.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:13 PM   #223  

Woohoo! Down another .5 to 168.5! Well that was nice while it lasted, lol, because today is my Carb Day! I really am getting bad about Carb Day, lol! When I started this, I had such good intentions of eating well and just throwing in a snack or two of forbidden carbs. Now all I want is sweets! Did I ever mention my older brothers nicknamed me "chocolate baby" when I was little because I loved chocolate so much, haha! I still do! I have had so much chocolate today, I have a headache! Now, there's no sense in that! So no more chocolate for me today. I need to eat something without sugar! Hopefully, I can drop on the scale even lower this coming up week and then I need to try to get the next Carb Day back to something more reasonable. Someone remind me of that on Friday, lol!

ZCA72, may I ask a personal question about your diet? Just say you'd rather not answer if it's too personal! We just tend to talk about everything on this thread, lol! I have rheumatoid arthritis and that already affects my bowel movements, so I have trouble with constipation. I've always wondered how well people on VERY low carb diets get along when it comes to constipation, because I know when I cut back on carbs it affected me. Do you find it to be a problem with a zero carb diet? Do you take probiotics? Or is it not a problem at all? I'm just curious! What kind of dog do you have? I had 3 dogs and lost them all in the last year to old age and cancer, so now I just have 2 cats. I am a cat person most of all, but I miss my dogs so much!

Carol Sue, Rennie, PrairieQueen, I hope you are all have a great weekend!

Week 41: High 172.5, Low 168.5
2/23--172.5
2/24--171.5
2/25--170.5
2/26--169
2/27--168.5 Carb Day

Today's Meals:
Breakfast:

Cocoa Pebbles cereal
Mio water

Snack:
Mint 3 Musketeers candy bar
Mio water

Lunch:
Fage yogurt with Mio
Mint 3 Musketeers bar
Mio water

Tea Time:

Dinner:
Fried chicken tenders
Steamed broccoli and cauliflower
Breyer's GS Thin Mint ice cream << I couldn't resist; it had Thin Mints in it!

Today's Exercise:

Last edited by Jacqui_D; 02-28-2016 at 08:34 AM.
Old 02-27-2016, 02:34 PM   #224  
~Rennie

PrairieQueen you always make me hungry with your menus or am I just greedy? Yay for figuring out what works

Jacqui, I'm jealous ... I've got to catch up with you AGAIN You keep leaving me in your dust ... It's all good I just need a good swift kick Carol Sue is good at doing that Carol Sue since you haven't checked in yet, I'm doing it for you Ok Jacqui way to go my Friend Keep up the good work LOL Jacqui just noticed all of the chocolate, that's funny but shhhhh I just shared a roll of Ritz with pb with Rissa now she and I are going for a walk. She has never been where we're going. I've only been with my oldest son ... see ya'll when I get back

ZCA72

170.6 today

Last edited by love2b150; 02-27-2016 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-27-2016, 03:59 PM   #225  

Jacqui, no problem talking this subject. fortunately for me I have no problems. not from the start or ever. on rare occasions, I have a salad or little mushrooms for whatever reason, THEN I MIGHT actually have a problem arise. on my ZC I do perfect. on rare times I might clog up a bit I just use 2 mags. and that works OR I eat alot higher in fat...more butter things slide thru then LOL

I literally have rock solid guts like iron! going into ZC mode has improved me in every body aspect which still surprises me now.

Last edited by ZCA72; 02-27-2016 at 04:00 PM.
Closed Thread