Closed Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 12:53 PM   #166  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristih6 View Post
Donuts.....what a wonderful story on about your weight loss journey!

Congrats to everyone on their awesome weight losses!!!!!!!

I WI on my home scale this morning and have become a little discouraged. I have been taking predisone for 4 days for my ears and have only noticed the scale moving up. Every since my mishap on Sunday I have eaten 100% OP, so I am thinking that the steriod is having to do something with it. This makes me not want to WI this week since I have a hard time dealing with weight gains. Oh well we will have to see what Friday morning brings.

Have a Good Day Everyone and Good Luck with the WI's!!!!!!
Prednisone can have everything to do with weight gain - it will bloat you up in a heartbeat. The good news is that it IS water bloat, especially since you've been OP. Once the meds go away, the water will too. It might help to drink extra water while you're on it.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:31 PM   #167  

S/C/G: 251/234/180

Height: 5"7.5"

Went to my first WI on Monday. Was down 4 lbs from Friday!!! I was so excited. I am planning on going this Friday. I have staeyd completely on plan. Has anyone made any of the recipes out of the cookbook and have any favorites or advice? I am on the beige menu =) Thanks
Old 02-20-2008, 03:44 PM   #168  
Bonnie

Quote:
As for MRC6 and Corti-Trim. I'd love advice on that also. I bought my flax, B-6, B-12 & Multis @ the center (package deal for my first purchase) and I got some Hoodia @ Wal-Mart. However, does the other stuff really work well?? Like will I see results in my belly area quicker?
This seems to always be a hot topic. If you listen to everything the MRC counselors say, it seems you'll slow things down or be unable to do the program without all the extras. Like some of the others have said, you have to just find what works for you. I too went into it as a minimalist. I figured that if things did move slowly, I could always add stuff but if things were moving slowly and I was taking everything, then I wouldn't know what was working and what was not. So I started with a vitamin, flax and hoodia. The first two I buy from Wal-Mart or Target and the hoodia I found at Sam's on a closeout...apparently a few others did too because it's on ebay cheap. If you search ebay "x57 Hoodia" you'll find it pretty inexpensive (less than $10). It seems to help put the munchie moments at ease in the afternoon. So is it working? Well, I'm ten weeks into the program and have lost just over 30 pounds, so that's right on track at this pace to end my program on time and at goal...and I've been horrible about exercise.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:44 PM   #169  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

How often do you all weigh in? Do you go twice a week and weigh in both times, or do you just weigh in once a week? (Officially, I mean-not just on the scale at home!) Just wondering if I should be weighing in more often.
Thanks!!!
Old 02-20-2008, 03:50 PM   #170  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

Quote:
Originally Posted by angierue View Post

You will totally sign that 10 lb next week, I just know it! You have GOT to tell me what they suggested you eat at Rosa's. I might have to swing by there if I'm in a situation like I was last night (see blog). I also have to second your "thank goodness for MRC" line. I was on with my mentor/counselor/whateveryouwanttocallthem last night trying to find something after my class. I was even texting her to see what I could possibly have out of a vending machine earlier.
My MRC counselor/whatever suggested the Chicken Fiesta Salad. Basically, it is just romaine lettuce, diced tomato, cheese and their grilled fajita chicken. You might want to ask them to hold the sour cream and quacamole; I didn't and had to set it aside, and it was pretty tempting! But, I didn't even taste them. The salad was pretty good, and I felt good about making a healthy choice. In the past, I would have eaten the "Tuesday Taco" plate, eaten at least one tortilla and probably part of the twins' nacho's! So, I am doing better, to say the least!
Old 02-20-2008, 04:19 PM   #171  

S/C/G: 242.5/233/135

I weigh in twice a week! I try to go every Tuesday/Friday morning.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:52 PM   #172  
Kristi M.

S/C/G: 232/see ticker/157

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for all the info on prednisone. Now I wish I would not have to take it. I think I have one more day of the meds and after that I will try to stay clear of it. Funny how one little pill can make you gain weight. I have taken the suggestion on upping my water intake and I think I will exercise for 15 mins longer tonight....maybe that will help.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:53 PM   #173  
Kristi M.

I personally WI once per week because I live 45 miles from the center. I think it is recommended that you weigh in twice per week, but I am sure each center would be accommodating if need be.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:56 PM   #174  
Kristi M.

Sarah there is a board with MRC recipes that a lot of people have posted to. I have made the MRC chili recipe off of that board and it was real good. I have also made the MRC pancakes, which I have not posted that recipe yet. They are really yummy. I cannot wait to try the mock cinammon roll. I was going to make it this morning, but ran out of time. The savory green beans are good too. Hope this helps you out.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:11 PM   #175  

S/C/G: 229/228.5/184

Height: 5' 11''

The cookbook is so helpful. I have tried the mock spagetti, the chili and multiple recipes from previous forums. There are recipes for muffins for breakfast, cheeseburger soup, and french fry green beans that are all wonderful. The first week will just be getting used to a new way to eat. After that I believe creativity is the key so that you do not get burnt out or bored.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:29 PM   #176  

S/C/G: 209.5/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8

mommato & gottagetfit: be happy, each pound lost adds up! I am happy even when it is only 1/2lb - it usually catches up with a bigger loss at the next wi.

I weigh in twice a week (Sat. and Wed. - except for today I forgot my food sheet so I will weigh in tomorrow) I go first thing in the morning and wear the same thing if possible.
Old 02-20-2008, 05:32 PM   #177  
Chillin' like a villian

S/C/G: 341/289.5/176

Height: 5'7"

It wasn't official, but I jumped on the scale at the center today when we were there for work and I was up 2lbs since Monday. Frick! That is now what I wanted to see. I knew it wasn't going to be good but still... Hopefully some more of that TOM water weight will fall off before tomorrow's official weigh in.

Oh, and I am buying the cookbook tomorrow too. I can't wait to try some of those awesome recipes!
Old 02-20-2008, 06:06 PM   #178  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Angie..don't let the rise in the scale "unofficially" bother you. Was it the same time of day that you normally weigh in, were you wearing bulkier clothing? Had you just drank a huge bottle of water and an HNS..all of those things could affect your numbers. Just make sure on your official weigh in's, that you try to wear similar type clothing, and try to get in at the same time of day. That way your numbers will be most accurate.
Oh, and your problem with school nights and eating...have you thought about mixing an HNS in a bottled water just before class, that way you won't be starving, and should be able to go until you have a chance for dinner. Once you get to add your creamies (day 11)..why not make that the time that you eat your pudding? You could bring a little throw away bowl, and a plastic spoon, and mix with some water from a bottled water, and eat right before class. That should really pull you through until dinner.
Old 02-20-2008, 06:24 PM   #179  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristih6 View Post
Thanks for all the info on prednisone. Now I wish I would not have to take it. I think I have one more day of the meds and after that I will try to stay clear of it. Funny how one little pill can make you gain weight. I have taken the suggestion on upping my water intake and I think I will exercise for 15 mins longer tonight....maybe that will help.
If there's something else you can take, fine, but honestly if you need the prednisone take it - now that you know what happens you'll be prepared if you need it again. Like I said - ibuprofen makes me retain water but it's temporary, and I know to drink some extra water if I need to take it. But I'd rather retain water for a bit than suffer a wicked headache or muscle aches like I had over the weekend (we were installing laminate floors in our great room - hard work but well worth the work, aches AND water bloat from the ibuprofen
Old 02-20-2008, 08:55 PM   #180  
This is the Last Time!

S/C/G: 172/*ticker*/115

Height: 5'2"

I weigh in twice per week because 1) I was told to, 2) I NEED that accountability and reassurance, and 3) My center is only 5-6 miles away! I really like all the ladies there and enjoy going to weigh in. Of course, I've only been going for 2 weeks, so that will change at times, but still. That's how I feel today.

I'm supposed to go tomorrow to get my next menu (day 5 on Friday, woohoo!!). I had planned to go after work, but I'm going in the morning b/c I'm staying home with my sick baby (she has a horrible diaper rash I have to take her to the dr for, probably b/c of antibiotics she's taking). Anyway. I'll try to go mornings from here on out. YAY!

Good luck to everyone weighing on Thursday and thanks for the herb/pill advice. Oh, I had my stead tonight b/c you can have it once during the yellow menu, and now I'm wishing I had just stuck with chicken. I'm afraid it's gonna show up on the scale tomorrow morning, even though I've stayed OP all 3 days so far! UGH. I'll let you all know when I get back.
Closed Thread