Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2008, 12:24 PM   #241  

S/C/G: 213\see ticker\165

Height: 5' 9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommato3 View Post
Jeweliek~
I had the same problem a few months back. It was miserable! I felt like I had my TOM everyday for about 3 months. I finally went to the doctor. He said it was because of my PCOS and he put me on metformin. My TOMs have been very regular ever since. Don't know if this will help you or not, but just wanted to give my 2 cents, since I have been there!
This is interesting. I will have to get an appointment and see what is up. I too have PCOS but normally don't get anything, maybe 2-3 times a year is all so this is just too much for me.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:43 PM   #242  

Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeefree View Post
Hi All,

I am very excited to have found this site. I started MRC 19 days ago. I weighed in and lost 5 1/2 lbs. I have been a little frustrated because I have been reading that most of you lose 10 lbs. Or 7 lbs in 12 days.

I started at 177 and want to go down to 135. I love the program and have not strayed an inch. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks
Don't worry. We all lose at different rates. You may be starting at a different weight, may not have as much water to lose in the beginning. Just keep to the program and you will see that it will work for you!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:50 PM   #243  

S/C/G: 232/232/160

Height: 5'6"

Default Weight loss success for over 50

Hello - I joined MRC in October but didn't really start. I am going in today to start up for real. I have a question. I've been out here reading once in awhile and it's obvious the program works. And I know we can't always compare to each others results - but - I'd like to hear from women over 45 who have lost on this program. When I was younger, I lost faster. Just want to motivate myself by looking results of ladies over 45 or 50 even who have had success with MRC. I need to lose 60 lbs.

Great board - I am going to need it for motivation after I go to my meeting later today.

Thanks to anybody who can share their story!
Old 02-22-2008, 12:51 PM   #244  

So I did get in to wi today. I got to see Deb, she's doing well. I also met with a councelor that I have never been with before. She was great. I didn't lose anything this week, but expected that. I have been sick, taking meds and not exercising, but I was soooo happy to see that I didn't gain and that I am still in Ketosis. All pluses in my book. I also measure and all body comp next week so that should be a remotivator (I need it!!!!!)

Snowshoeing with the 3rd grade went amazing, I stayed right with them for 3.5 almost 4 hours. I know I wouldn't have been able to do that a couple months ago!!!! Zack was sooo happy that I came on this super active outing with him. We are planning to go again the week after next.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:54 PM   #245  
One day at time!

S/C/G: 163/158.7/145

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestChick View Post
Hello - I joined MRC in October but didn't really start. I am going in today to start up for real. I have a question. I've been out here reading once in awhile and it's obvious the program works. And I know we can't always compare to each others results - but - I'd like to hear from women over 45 who have lost on this program. When I was younger, I lost faster. Just want to motivate myself by looking results of ladies over 45 or 50 even who have had success with MRC. I need to lose 60 lbs.

Great board - I am going to need it for motivation after I go to my meeting later today.

Iam 47 lost 100lbs and 110inches
Old 02-22-2008, 01:38 PM   #246  
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

Happy Friday afternoon, all you great losers!!!

maxncandy - Yes, I get to eat tofu and nuts for some of my protein. I have gone to tofu noodles rather than the tofu, but only because I really don't know how to fix the tofu, and the nuts aren't really very filling. My favorite proteins, though, are the soy burgers, Smart Ground (veggie version of hamburger), veggie dogs, egg and cheese omelettes, and cottage cheese. I do have a lot more options, but those seem to be the ones that I fall back on the most.

MidwestChick - I am 51 years old, and I've lost 56 lbs. as of this morning on the MRC program. I have been on program since the very end of September, and I think I've lost at about the same rate as our younger friends on this site. There have been plateaus along the way, but I have NEVER had the success with losing weight that I have had on this program.

Well, gang-o, I lost 3 lbs. since Tuesday, which put me right in line to start stabilization this coming Tuesday. It seems like yesterday that I posted here for the first time and wondered if I could really stick to ANY diet for more than a couple of weeks or so. (That was my previous experience with a myriad of diets.) So....next week I post my before and after pictures. (If I put it in writing, I've gotta do it, so I'm writing it now.) I HATE to have my picture taken, but it is because I have been so heavy for so long that I just couldn't believe that the person in the picture was me. I look in the mirror and still have trouble with my self-image (I think I look older than I did at this weight 15 years or so ago...imagine!)

Everyone have a wonderful day!

Last edited by chopingirl; 02-22-2008 at 02:49 PM. Reason: Had a huge brain fart and thought TODAY was Tuesday =)
Old 02-22-2008, 02:06 PM   #247  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestChick View Post

It works - I was over 50 when I started (still am LOL!) - and it worked just fine. And I'd swear my metabolism was shot from doing so many different things over the years to lose weight. But this program works! I got to goal within my initial weight loss period. Have managed to keep MOST of it off for over 18 months now. (I'm working on the 8 lbs or so I need to lose to get back to where I feel most comfortable & the good news is I have the tools to do it.)
Follow the program, exercise, drink your water & it's almost fail-proof. Now get going!
Old 02-22-2008, 02:09 PM   #248  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopingirl View Post
Well, gang-o, I lost 3 lbs. since Tuesday, which put me right in line to start stabilization this coming Tuesday. It seems like yesterday that I posted here for the first time and wondered if I could really stick to ANY diet for more than a couple of weeks or so. (That was my previous experience with a myriad of diets.) So....next week I post my before and after pictures. (If I put it in writing, I've gotta do it, so I'm writing it now.) I HATE to have my picture taken, but it is because I have been so heavy for so long that I just couldn't believe that the person in the picture was me. I look in the mirror and still have trouble with my self-image (I think I look older than I did at this weight 15 years or so ago...imagine!)

Everyone have a wonderful day!
Yay!
Can't wait to see your pics!
Old 02-22-2008, 02:27 PM   #249  
Denise

S/C/G: 354/ticker/183

Height: 5'11"

Hello Everyone!!!! Happy Friday!!!! I've missed you all! Things have been a nightmare for me at work, and my computer is just too darn slow at home (dial up!) so here we are!

So! I had to jump on today and tell you all just how WONDERFUL and AMAZING DONUTS was last night at the peer inspiration! The room was full, and everyone there finally had the opportunity to be inspired just like we have the chance of being here everyday! Honestly, I don't know if we should have shared him with the world like that but it's too late now... he's out there, and everyone else now knows just how great he is
I wish you all could have been there to experience it in person, but I see he shared the testimonial here so you can get an idea of how great it was. It was everything he is here; honest, funny, touching, inspiring....!

Thank you Donuts!!!

Congrats to all the losers!

Talk to you soon!
Namaste (Denise)
Old 02-22-2008, 02:28 PM   #250  
Pat

S/C/G: 198/see ticker/150

Height: 5'0"

MidwestChick : I am almost 50 and started with MRC in December. I even went through the holidays and I have lost 28 pounds so far and over 20 inches. The program works for any age. You just have to stick to it!

Chopingirl: WOW! That is great! Congratulations on your success. I hate mirrors and pictures too! I can't wait to see your before and after. And I can't wait to be where you are in the program.
Old 02-22-2008, 02:42 PM   #251  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopingirl View Post
Well, gang-o, I lost 3 lbs. since Tuesday, which put me right in line to start stabilization this coming Tuesday.
That's fantastic! You must be thrilled to be this close to your goal!
Old 02-22-2008, 04:30 PM   #252  

S/C/G: 196/188/145

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeweliek View Post
This is interesting. I will have to get an appointment and see what is up. I too have PCOS but normally don't get anything, maybe 2-3 times a year is all so this is just too much for me.
My secretary also has PCOS and she had her TOM for about 4 months consistently. The doctor prescribed Metformin for her as well.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:22 PM   #253  

S/C/G: 306/299/180

Height: 5'4

Default hi all

hey there everyone
i just joined MRC wednesday night so today is only my 2nd day of preconditioning. i had food instruction class today and they weighed me and i was already down 2lbs. that is a great motivator right there! im looking forward to getting to know you all as im in this for the long haul!
Old 02-22-2008, 05:47 PM   #254  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meemo View Post
It works - I was over 50 when I started (still am LOL!) - and it worked just fine. And I'd swear my metabolism was shot from doing so many different things over the years to lose weight. But this program works! I got to goal within my initial weight loss period. Have managed to keep MOST of it off for over 18 months now. (I'm working on the 8 lbs or so I need to lose to get back to where I feel most comfortable & the good news is I have the tools to do it.)
Follow the program, exercise, drink your water & it's almost fail-proof. Now get going!
WOW.. Is your pic current. I would have guessed you were 30s. Since you are on Maintenance do you still go to the center? Are you through the stabilization menus? Or or you eating on the green menu to lose your last few? I know the closer you get to your goal the harder it gets.
Old 02-22-2008, 05:52 PM   #255  

S/C/G: 232/232/160

MidwestChick - I am 51 years old, and I've lost 56 lbs. as of this morning on the MRC program. I have been on program since the very end of September, and I think I've lost at about the same rate as our younger friends on this site. There have been plateaus along the way, but I have NEVER had the success with losing weight that I have had on this program.

... It seems like yesterday that I posted here for the first time and wondered if I could really stick to ANY diet for more than a couple of weeks or so. (That was my previous experience with a myriad of diets.)

That is great encouragement! What a terrific accomplishment! I hope in a few months I can say the same - that it seems like just yesterday I was first posting, etc. I went and weighed in, will do 3 days of pre-conditioning, and will start officially on Tuesday.
Closed Thread