Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2008, 09:51 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 242.5/233/135

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexiah View Post
Hi ladies wow their are soo many newbies i cant catch up on all the post! WELCOME!!! Well everyone i am still on medical hold my post surgery appointment was not good i have been having alot of pain still and they think it is due to a possible stone that traveled to my liver so i am still not doing well i have not gained any wt but have not been on plan for such a long time ,mrc is so supportive they said they would keep me on hold as long as it takes so that is goodnews! I am counting the days until i get better and then its back on plan for good! I have not been eating that much off of plan i just stopped the supplements and drinks until my doc gives me the ok i am eating maybe an extra piece of tortilla and less protein only abouy 2-4 instead of 6 and lots of veggies so i am doing alot better then i could be ,my choices have been better then ever before!Well i hope everyone is doing great and i will check in later .
Sorry to hear your not doing well! Just curious, my sister did MRC a while ago and got off due to a kidney stone. The doctor told her that it was probably due to too much protein - has your doctor said anything like that? I was hesitant to joint because of that but I see it working for so many people I couldn't resist. Perhaps some of you nurse out that have a comment on this as well. WI is tomorrow for me. I am much less stressed since my husband hid the scale. I haven't weighed at all since Tuesday at the center so wish me luck!
Old 02-21-2008, 09:52 PM   #212  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
I don't think BOMAZE was saying that you had to, she was just saying what she uses.
You're right...just responding to an earlier post. Thanks for stickin' up for me! :-)
Old 02-21-2008, 11:28 PM   #213  
MRC Repeat Offender

S/C/G: 251/151/151

Height: 5'9"

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagetfit View Post
WI is tomorrow for me. I am much less stressed since my husband hid the scale. I haven't weighed at all since Tuesday at the center so wish me luck!
Did he really?? That's too funny. I honestly make myself crazy if I get on the scale at home! I'm going to WI tomorrow, too. I'm a bit apprehensive as the woman I saw on Tuesday (I had never had her before) indicated she thought I was losing too slowly. I thought I was doing great--I started the program Jan 15 and have stayed OP the whole time. I hope I get someone else tomorrow to ask their opinion.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:57 AM   #214  
Em

S/C/G: 170

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by map08 View Post
Thats a really good idea- I dont want to spend all that extra money for the ready-to-drinks! Would it be better to ask them if this is ok, or would that void my contract since it would be off the program?? It's not like I can help not being able to chew food!!

also- what is fiber-fill? Is that the best fiber supplement to get?

Thanks guys!
Since you'll have a medical issue that'll keep you from really eating OP, you could ask for a medical hold for a week or two. Then you won't have to worry about voiding your contract (and you'll probably lose weight anyway!)
Old 02-22-2008, 03:04 AM   #215  
Lori

S/C/G: 162.5 / 132.5 / 120

Height: 5' 0"

Default Kidney Stones

Quote:
Originally Posted by gottagetfit View Post
Just curious, my sister did MRC a while ago and got off due to a kidney stone. The doctor told her that it was probably due to too much protein - has your doctor said anything like that?
gottagetfit
In 2002, I had a kidney stone but it was due to dehydration. Anytime we get dehydrated, crystals can form in our urine and cause obstruction. There are other reasons such as heredity. I found info on these websites (my first time trying to paste a link in - hope it works):

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/kidne...s/page2_em.htm

http://www.righthealth.com/Health/Ki...5252F0004581-s

"Kidney stones may form when your urine becomes too concentrated with certain substances. These substances may create small crystals that become stones."

This link talks about high-protein diets and kidney function: http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/hig...-diets/AN00847

When I think of diets causing stones, I think more of gallstones. (see link & info below)

http://www.emedicinehealth.com/gallstones/page2_em.htm
Risk factors for the formation of cholesterol gallstones include the following:
• Female gender
• Being overweight
• Losing a lot of weight quickly on a "crash" or starvation diet
• Taking certain medications such as birth control pills or cholesterol–lowering drugs

Hope this helps and hope you have a great weigh in tomorrow!
Old 02-22-2008, 04:00 AM   #216  
East Texas

S/C/G: 241.5/178/182

Height: 5'10"

Default kidney stones

Let me chime in on the "kidney stones" post here. I have passed five kidney stones in the last five years. I passed a kidney stone after two weeks on the Atkins Diet and another kidney stone after about a month on the South Beach Diet. So, what I have found after actively researching 'calcium oxalate' kidney stones is that not all protein is created equal. Animal protein is the culprit - not ALL protein; therefore, I am on the vegetarian plan for MRC. I have done the vegetarian plan the whole time while at MRC, and I have not had any problems at all. Kidney stone producers are also supposed to have a gazillion gallons of water a day (well....maybe I exaggerate a little), but with all of the water that we have each day on this plan, it is totally keeping me from forming any crystals that will accumulate in the urine. This is just my personal experience with the research that I have done, so while it may not be right for everyone, it is sure working for me.
Old 02-22-2008, 06:49 AM   #217  

S/C/G: 209.5/see ticker/150

Height: 5'8

Started getting a sore throat yesterday and it is excruciating even to drink water. It is so painful, I didn't eat dinner last night - but I know I can't keep not eating. Swallowing, drinking, and even talking hurts (and unfortunately I have to go to a job fair today). Any suggestions on what I should eat? Anything soft besides cottage cheese (which I plan to eat for breakfast?)
Old 02-22-2008, 06:58 AM   #218  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im no Jabba View Post
Started getting a sore throat yesterday and it is excruciating even to drink water. It is so painful, I didn't eat dinner last night - but I know I can't keep not eating. Swallowing, drinking, and even talking hurts (and unfortunately I have to go to a job fair today). Any suggestions on what I should eat? Anything soft besides cottage cheese (which I plan to eat for breakfast?)
Maybe make one of the soups from the cookbook?
Old 02-22-2008, 07:08 AM   #219  
MuffinTop - Begone!!!

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hvnlymzic View Post
time. I wanted to give you all a short update. I have a doctor's appt. on Monday to check everything out and if all looks/sounds good then we'll announce to the world after that.
Hey Hvnlymzic! Hope that your appointment went well! We haven't seen you post recently...have you announced to the world yet?
It sounds like everyone is doing great! Finz I think that you mentioned something about a counselor at your center telling you that you weren't losing fast enough...Mine at my center hasn't come right out and told me that, but she did say "hmm...you're only losing 2-3 lbs a week on average". (she tried saying that my refusal to give up regular coffee has a lot to do with it). Of any diet plan I have ever read about, I remember reading something that it was perfectly safe to lose about 2 lbs a week. So, if I were you, I wouldn't stress too much about losing slowly, 'cuz you are not the only one! I told the counselor that maybe I'm losing slowly 'cuz I was never a big salt eater anyways, so I didn't retain and then lost all that initial water weight... Oh well, I'm *more* than perfectly content with my weight, and most importantly, my inches lost, than how fast I am loosing it all... Can't wait to get to maintenance however!
Hope everyone has a great week! And lots of for everyone

Last edited by Venvix; 02-22-2008 at 07:11 AM.
Old 02-22-2008, 07:50 AM   #220  
I'm on my way...

S/C/G: 264/246/135

Height: 5'3"

Thanks everyone for all the great posts I read this week on this thread... tonight is my food class; so today is the last day of pre-conditioning for me.

Oh and I wanted to say, I found a used copy of the cookbook on Amazon for much cheaper, its winging its way to me and should arrive by the time I get to day 11 and need it...

Last edited by mirihawk; 02-22-2008 at 08:21 AM. Reason: more to say
Old 02-22-2008, 08:40 AM   #221  
Candace

S/C/G: 153/136/127

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopingirl View Post
Let me chime in on the "kidney stones" post here. I have passed five kidney stones in the last five years. I passed a kidney stone after two weeks on the Atkins Diet and another kidney stone after about a month on the South Beach Diet. So, what I have found after actively researching 'calcium oxalate' kidney stones is that not all protein is created equal. Animal protein is the culprit - not ALL protein; therefore, I am on the vegetarian plan for MRC. I have done the vegetarian plan the whole time while at MRC, and I have not had any problems at all. Kidney stone producers are also supposed to have a gazillion gallons of water a day (well....maybe I exaggerate a little), but with all of the water that we have each day on this plan, it is totally keeping me from forming any crystals that will accumulate in the urine. This is just my personal experience with the research that I have done, so while it may not be right for everyone, it is sure working for me.
Wow-- Do you get things like tofu or nuts?
Old 02-22-2008, 09:01 AM   #222  
One day at time!

S/C/G: 163/158.7/145

Height: 5ft 3in

Quote:
Originally Posted by liberty44 View Post
I just rejoined MRC on Monday and I weighed in today and was down 5 lbs. already. I know this is probably water but it gives me some motivation. I have really enjoyed reading all the posts. They have given me great encouragement. I tried the green bean fries yesterday and they were great.

What are green bean fries can you share on hoe to make them thank you
Old 02-22-2008, 09:09 AM   #223  
Mommato3

S/C/G: 199.5/163.5/149.5

Height: 5.7

I second that! I would love to know about the "Green Bean Fries." Someone post a recipe please!
Old 02-22-2008, 09:09 AM   #224  
One day at time!

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kristih6 View Post
Sad to report I am still not feeling better. I thought my ears were doing better, but that is obvioulsy not the case. I now have a severe sore throat and cough. Today I had to break down and have some chick noodle soup and OJ just to try and get something in me - along with my HNS (feels so good on my throat). The upside is I worked out last night and again today. It gives me a burst of energy. So needless to say I will probably not WI tomorrow which bums me out. I plan on talking to my center if I have to stay on the prednisone for my recent ailments. Hopefully I will feel better this weekend once the supposed "warm front" makes it to Nebraska.

I am thinking about all your great losses and hope to be joining you again shortly. First things first though I have to get better. I will keep you all posted though.

Thanks for letting me vent my frustrations about SICKNESS!
You will feel better in a few days, but talk to Suzi or Teri and they can give you some ideals for you to eat while your sick and still stay on program , like the creamly chicken (protein) or the chicken broth,would of been better for you than chicken soup which has very little protein, they also have the protein orange drink with out all that sugar.Take care:
Old 02-22-2008, 09:13 AM   #225  
One day at time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockijames View Post
WI today and down another 1 pound. That's 8 so far in just over 2 weeks. I'm happy with that. I can't wait to be in the 150s again! I start the blue menu tomorrow and the green next Thursday. I'm excited for the change. I bought a few more supplements (fiber-fill, anyone drink that?) and the MRC6 & the Corti-Trim. I know I don't have to, but I want to maximize my weight and inches lost. They said it will last 2 months, and after 2 months I should be really close to goal so I don't think I'll need to buy it again. So far I've spent $680 I think. It may sound like a lot and I plan on keeping track, but I know it's totally worth it.

Thanks for all the great support here and congrats to all the LOSERS today!

Oh, is there a way to change the ticker, or do you have to make a new one each time you change the numbers?

Have a great Friday.
I have the fiber drink are good both hot and cold.
Closed Thread