Old 01-06-2008, 03:10 PM   #1  

Height: 5'6''

Default Metabolic Research Center - Take VIII

Our new home for the new year! Welcome and let the losing continue!
Hvnlymzic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #2  

Thanks for all the advice and support. I'll let you all know when I finally make my decision about holding or not.

I've began the strange dream part of pregnancy. I'd heard women talk before about the weird dreams that they had during pregnancy and they weren't kidding! I've had some odd ones...one really strange and one really sad and violent and thats very rare for me. I assume its likely hormonal (which is what everything is blamed on during pregnancy), but I'm gonna do some research on it because I just like to learn. This trimester needs to move on along here...I'm SO done with being tired and sick feeling. Poor Hubby...he doesn't know where his Sam has gone...I keep telling him that I'll be back, but sometimes thats even hard for me to believe Don't let our complaining fool you though...we're so darn excited to be a Mommy and Daddy that we'd walk through fire if it was required. In the mean time...bring on my pillow! There's nothing better than a nap!
Old 01-06-2008, 04:14 PM   #3  
Bonnie

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Lilyanna's Mom: I have a question. Is anyone here on the new and improved Hoodia through MRC? I know that it doesn't have the cayenne pepper in it and it has more hoodia. I am wondering if anyone knows the dose of the hoodia in it? Thanks a bunch! I guess that it costs 99.00 instead of 79 but that it lasts three months instead of one. Let me know
I thought I'd throw my two cents in on this one - I've been using Hoodia since I started (it really helps). I haven't bought any of my supplements from the center because they seem so expensive. I've bought the X57 Hoodia from Sam's Club. It's 500 mg, costs $4.81 for 120. I take one mid-morning and one mid-afternoon, so 120 is a two-month supply. I got some from a health-food store prior to that and they were a little more expensive than Sam's but nowhere near $99.

ShineOn: Thank you! You're doing very well yourself on the Valentine's Challenge! I see you're from Bellevue - I'm an Omaha girl myself, grew up in Millard but have been in Colorado the last twenty years. Keep pushing on!
bomaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 04:50 PM   #4  

Height: 5'7"

Sam ~ I'm all about you and what's best for baby Sammi! You do what you feel is necessary for you. If you go on MRC medical hold...please, please don't go on hold from this forum....after 40 pages we would be like the Israelites, aimlessly wondering! Thanks for starting the new thread!

ShineOn ~ What a wonderful AHHHHHHH! moment! I can't wait to get into regular clothes and get away from the "W"s....my teenage niece asked me if the W stood for wide! YES IT DOES! and I'm tired of being wide! I have a size 14 dress from long, long ago that I'm just waiting for the time I can wear it again.....that will be my ultimate AHHHHHHHH! moment!

Listening to everyone talk about buying vitamins/supplements away from MRC.... I tried a vitamin from the health food store but I could do 3/day like the MRC ones... so I went back to MRC. I do FLAX from Target but everything else from MRC. Looking at my credit card.....I could take another cruise from what I've spent on things other than HNS. I may have to evaluate the situation.
jantdieting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:31 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 296/ticker/150

Was wondering exactly what is Hoodia..and should I be taking it..will it help with my cravings?...or is it for metabloisim..anything to help would be good...I read the entire last thread last night was suprised how much information you all have..I lost 50lbs last year...went off the program for a few months and added 8 pounds..U really really want to accomplish my goal this year...Not just for me but for my mom...she has terminal cancer and wishes that i would get healthy so she wont have to worry about me after she is gone...I hope to get lots of support here. Stress is a major factor in my eating and I am so stressed right now with my mom's diagnosis..

ok probably said to much but I really am hoping to find a friend or two for support here that knows what I am going thru with my eating..My husband tries but he is skinny and dosnt understand my addiction to food...

thanks for listening and I plan on visiting here once a day...
Marcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:38 PM   #6  
Future head-turner

S/C/G: 271/see ticker/175

Height: 5'4"

Hey Marcee,

I'm no expert, but my limited understanding is that Hoodia helps trick your brain into thinking you are full, and also gives you a sense of well-being. I'm sure someone else will come along with a more scientific response for you! Where in Florida are you?
MSTeacher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:50 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 296/ticker/150

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSTeacher View Post
Hey Marcee,

I'm no expert, but my limited understanding is that Hoodia helps trick your brain into thinking you are full, and also gives you a sense of well-being. I'm sure someone else will come along with a more scientific response for you! Where in Florida are you?
ohhh I really need to trick my brain...I might try it...I live in Macclenny...about 45 miles from jax...
Marcee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:52 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 211/206/130

Height: 5'4"

Hi
I am new to this site. I joined MRC last month, but was on MetaBalance because I could not afford sups and HNS both. Lost a couple of pounds. I started MetaSlim today. Where do you buy your supplements?
Challenger
Challenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:11 PM   #9  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

Hey everyone, seems like I have been gone for weeks, it has only been 3 days! Alot to catch up on, this is such an active thread. Everyone seems to be doing pretty well.
Welcome to all the newbies.
I am hoping to wi tomorrow, after my weekend in Augusta, I hope to be down a few pounds. I stayed on plan, but my schedule was way off, and didn't get all my hns in, so hope that didn't affect me to much.
I will keep you all posted.
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 09:23 PM   #10  
Gina

S/C/G: 261/see ticker/180

Height: 5'8"

Hi Marcee! Well, you have found the right place. We are full of love and support. I haven't experienced anything with my Mom like you are going through, but we have lots of "experts" on here who have. Oreoparent is the one who comes to mind that has been with us the longest. She could really shed a lot of light of eating correctly during the stress. She is the symbol of perservance. There are many others too. Losingweightnow - Yes I am a Realtor! In fact, I got my license in Florida about 12 years ago. I lived and worked in Crestview for Century 21 Choice Realty - before they imploded on theirself (from what I've heard). We were the top performing C21 office in the Region when I worked there. I also started out working for Adams Homes - rumor has it, they still use a version of the original brochure I designed for them. It was after working for them as an admin when we opened in Crestview, that I decided to get my license and jump into selling. I loved it! It was really fun to work for and get to know Wayne Adams when he only built in a few subdivisions. Last I heard, he builds in multiple states now. bomaze - I Millard girl! That's awesome. I'm a Marysville, Washington transplant. I knew within the first 6 months of living here, that we would stay after retirement. I just love the poeple - but I do miss my mountains. Thanks for starting the new thread Sam! - Don't ever leave us - I don't know how to start a new thread and I'm not great at those Roman Numerals. JanT - I did "laugh out loud" when I read your "wide" comment. The girl that lived with us last year sheapishly asked if that was what the W stood for. She was a little embarassed when I told her it actually stood for woman's size. I don't think I'm quite brave enough to head to the stores & try on the bottoms yet. I think I'm still finding it hard to believe. Plus, I don't even know where to start in the "real section" of the store. Did you ever notice that the women's size are always next to maternity wear??? Welcome to the group Challenger! We're glad you found us. This thread provides the extra support outside of the center.
ShineOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 11:28 PM   #11  
MuffinTop - Begone!!!

S/C/G: 188/Ticker/155

Height: 5' 7"

Yay, new thread!! and I'm *still* reading stuff from "MRC Take III"!! I happened to see a recipe for "spicy tuna burgers" during one of my quick scans of the prior posts, and now I can't find it... can someone recall, repost or possibly help me find it?? On another side note, it's day 2 of my Meta-Slim plan, and I LOVE breakfast and lunch, I stay nice and full with those 2 after eating and drinking my HNS, however, by the time dinnertime rolls around, I am absolutely starving! I ate dinner today, and I swear, not even 45 mins later I was still hungry, so I ate some cut up green peppers and cucumbers... any suggestions? I'm already taking Vit B12 and the Metabolic Enhancer, and I really don't want to add yet another supplement, like Hoodia, to my already 8-10 before-meal pile of supplements... At least, when I realize I'm hungry, I do still want to make the healthy choices instead of attacking the cupboard and eating all of my hubby's snacks..
Venvix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:12 AM   #12  
On her way

S/C/G: 296/ticker/178

I am happy for the new thread as always. I am happy that the new people here have found us. I have been here for almost 2 months or something and the support is awesome.

Hoodia is an appetite suppressant. It helps keep that nasty hunger at bay. I find that it has really been helping me, because I took a pause in the program when I ran out for two weeks while I waited for mine to get here through the mail (and a post office snafu at that lol). So yeah. That is one thing I will keep taking!!
Lilyannas Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:30 AM   #13  
Bringin' Sexy Back

S/C/G: 275/ticker/175

I am so glad that the holidays are over. Finally my schedule is going back to normal, and my morning exercise routine is back on track. With the kiddos home for almost 3 weeks, it really through the schedule through the loop.
I am getting really close to my half way weight loss goal! I am soo excited, if I can do the last half as well as I did the first half, I will be at goal by April'ish!
I hope everyone has a happy Monday.
to us all.

Last edited by Goal4Life; 01-07-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Goal4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 08:54 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 205/153/155

You can do it Goal4life! You have done so well! I know what you mean about getting back into a routine. I got myself back to the YMCA yesterday afternoon- just did 30 min. walking on the treadmill. My husband always uses this stepper thing that is behind where the treadmills are and he said on the way home, "Wow! You have really lost a lot of weight- I could really tell looking at you from behind today!" Made me feel good!

I am home today with pain in the back of my head. It kind of comes and goes, cannot figure out if it associated with a certain position or if it is just intermittent. But, I decided to take the morning off and see if I can get into the Dr. It has been here for about a week, thought it would go away, but it was worse last night. Any ideas-- I am thinking it is probably a pinched nerve.
graduatethin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:01 AM   #15  

venvix - are you eating anything between lunch and dinner? Your plan probably doesn't allow for a snack in the late afternoon, but there are worse things that eating a small snack. Start with an HNS. I find the pudding to be the most filling, or the jello (and if you don't like strawberry banana flavor, the only jello they carry, then mix a knox geletin packet up with whatever flavor HNS that you like). That should really help. I eat lunch around noon and then have an HNS around 4 and then dinner at 6-7pm depending on Hubby (well, I did before I was preg...now I eat all the time!). Give that a shot and see if it helps. Also, if dinner isn't filling, try eating raw veggies for a while instead of cooked. I find the cooked to be less filling than the raw. Let us know if that works for ya!
JanT - you made me laugh with your wandering Isrealites comment...you and shineon would figure out how to start a new thread if you had to. I forget every time and have to figure it out all over again We only have one more page with the V roman numeral before we move to the Xs! We were on page one when I started MRC in May!
Happy Monday everyone! I have a healthy pregnancy class tonight at the hospital. I'm excited to go, but it lasts until 9:30p and baby likes to be in bed by 9, so we'll see how that one works for me It's supposed to be super-informative and since we're really early in the pregnancy still all of the info will be pertinent. Now all I have to do is get through the work day...I've been waiting to go to this class for 2 weeks. I love learning, so this is right up my alley. Have a great day!

Last edited by Hvnlymzic; 01-07-2008 at 09:08 AM.